• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Have you seen/or heard of a case of an applicant been disqualified as a result of a fail in english or maths.I mean a real case.According to the documents from KCC 5 credits was stated without any mention of a credit in maths or english.

Never heard it before. But that's what forumers have been speculating about. All I know is 5 credits, but if you read news about this in other websites, they mention English and Maths as a must.

In a Press Conference aimed at providing the latest information on the U.S. Diversity Visa program, Mr. Michael Evans, Consular Selection Chief of the Embassy of the United States of America (USA) in Ghana made this statement in October 2008, “You must meet the education qualification of five passes in WAEC SSSCE including Maths and English, an HND or University Degree or occupation where one had two years of training and two years work experience in a specific field.”

Check this websites for his comments:

http://www.modernghana.com/news/185513/1/present-genuine-documents-for-us-lottery-programme.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/200810131457.html

http://www.businessghana.com/portal/news/index.php?op=getNews&id=92926
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please, i want to use this opportunity to ask this question now.In my SSCE result, my middle name(native name) is not inside.It only has my first name and surname.But in the forms i sent to kcc and my other documents-birth certificate,passport etc.,the 3 names are there.I hope this will not pose any problem.

From what i have read in previous forums i don't think you have no problem.It's not an issue if your middle name is not present in your ssce,since your surname and your first name is present in there.Just ensure that the same names in your ssce and the online form you filled is present in your birth certificate.

Another issue on ssce/gce certificates
KCC gives consideration to current results. Let's take this scenario: If for instance an applicant is using two certificates to get the 5 credits and had maybe obtained a credit in English and a fail in Maths in the first certificate, and as a result of bettering the grades the applicant sat for a second exams for both English and Maths and fails in English and had a pass Maths, then it means that his current grade in English is a fail. Therefore, the applicant does not meet the educational requirements.

Typical example:

1st Attempt
Economics: Pass
Mathematics: Fail
English: Pass
Biology: Fail
Government: Pass
English Literature: Pass

Because of a weak pass in English and Economics, the applicant sat for the exams for the 2nd time in the following subjects: Mathematics, English, Biology and Economics.

Assuming this was the 2nd results:
Mathematics: Pass
English: Fail
Biology: Pass

According to KCC, the applicants' current results are:
Mathematics: Pass
English: Fail
Biology: Pass
Government: Pass (from the 1st sitting)
English Literature: Pass (from the 1st sitting)

Since the latest results shows a failure in English, the applicant does not have the required qualification for the issuance of the GC visa.

Have you seen/or heard of a case of an applicant been disqualified as a result of a fail in english or maths.I mean a real case.According to the documents from KCC 5 credits was stated without any mention of a credit in maths or english.

Read my earlier post #121

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the repetition.It was due to a bad network in my internet.
I have gone thru the links you provided.Thanks

Do you know what most immigrants do here when they come? well let me itemise for you,

1) wait 2 months for green card and social security
2) start applying for jobs, e.g security, cna, warehouse worker, waiter, and the very popular taxi driving, which is very lucrative.
3) Go to Nigeria in 2 years and do local champion and flex for like a month.
4) continue your job until 5 years are up then apply for citizenship. meanwhile they have not aqcuired any skill or education whatsoever.

while in the army,

1) you choose the job you will do in the army. It does not matter what job, they will train you. if you score over 50 in the asvab exam you are guaranteed almost any job e.g engineer. aircraft engineer, mechanic, pastor, communications, computer networking etc. you name it they will train you. And i'm talking masters degree level training. If na fight you wan fight na you go choose. Na only marine no de choose. once you sign up for the marines you are guaranteed war front. thats why there are no Nigerians in the marines.

2) you get almost 120k for education, and that is in dollars. Which means apart from the training they will give you, they will still send you to college.

3) Immediately you sign up for the army, you start processing your citizenship and get it in 8 months instead of 5 years.

4) people in the army are praying that they send them to Iraq or afganistan. Do you know how much you get in bonus everyday for being there?

5) in the army or when you leave the army you are guaranteed respect till the day you die. When looking for a job they will pick you first before any other person born there or not. Any form you are filling for a job they will ask if you have ever served.

6) God forbid I die when in the army, be it in Iraq or crossing the street in texas my family will get 450k…and that is in dollars. In Nigeria wetin you go get?

So do I need to elaborate more? After my service I will still go back to Nigeria and get the best jobs in town cause of the education I got in the army. Every thing na planning. The reason why most people from Nigeria bad mouth the army is because they cannot pass the entrance exam. Na hard exm. Almost all the people I recommended did not get more the 10 over 100….can you imagine?

Oga Bidemi 12, this post is still very fresh on our minds.We are still waiting.

To all Dv2010 winners in few days time the August bulletin will be out,and if you are likely to be current for October please start going over all your documents to ensure there is no last minutes mistakes.May His grace be sufficient for us all. Cheers.

guys my interview was successful on tuesday, it's easy, simple just be yourself.
thanks i promise to always be around to give my advise anytime am chance or you can send me a private message if you like

guys my interview was successful on tuesday, it's easy, simple just be yourself.
thanks i promise to always be around to give my advise anytime am chance or you can send me a private message if you like

Congrats, hope you will always be around to offer your invaluable experience to the rest of us who are yet to have our interviews.

Unclesege, Where art thou? seeing you are current in October,here is wishing you all the best in your quest.

Visa bulletin is out for October. Goodluck!!! Bonne Chance!!!

Visa bulletin for October..
AFRICA

Egypt 3,100
Ethiopia 3,900
Nigeria 5,500

ASIA

EUROPE

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

petit gud job,
keep encourage yours and we will also regard we help too.
i finally picked up my visa yesterday but am still very much around cos of my final examination in sch........... gud luck to u guys. 1luv

Visa bulletin is out for October. Goodluck!!! Bonne Chance!!!

Visa bulletin for October..
AFRICA

Egypt 3,100
Ethiopia 3,900
Nigeria 5,500

ASIA

EUROPE

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

that is gud for naija, pls anybody within that range should start arrenging the necessary document now. gud luck

From what i have read in previous forums i don't think you have no problem.It's not an issue if your middle name is not present in your ssce,since your surname and your first name is present in there.Just ensure that the same names in your ssce and the online form you filled is present in your birth certificate.

unclesege you can now see u are 'morethan' current this month.I hope you are working on your case seriously.Goodluck

Oga Bidemi!

Do you know what most immigrants do here when they come? well let me itemise for you,

1) wait 2 months for green card and social security
2) start applying for jobs, e.g security, cna, warehouse worker, waiter, and the very popular taxi driving, which is very lucrative.
3) Go to Nigeria in 2 years and do local champion and flex for like a month.
4) continue your job until 5 years are up then apply for citizenship. meanwhile they have not aqcuired any skill or education whatsoever.

while in the army,

1) you choose the job you will do in the army. It does not matter what job, they will train you. if you score over 50 in the asvab exam you are guaranteed almost any job e.g engineer. aircraft engineer, mechanic, pastor, communications, computer networking etc. you name it they will train you. And i'm talking masters degree level training. If na fight you wan fight na you go choose. Na only marine no de choose. once you sign up for the marines you are guaranteed war front. thats why there are no Nigerians in the marines.

2) you get almost 120k for education, and that is in dollars. Which means apart from the training they will give you, they will still send you to college.

3) Immediately you sign up for the army, you start processing your citizenship and get it in 8 months instead of 5 years.

4) people in the army are praying that they send them to Iraq or afganistan. Do you know how much you get in bonus everyday for being there?

5) in the army or when you leave the army you are guaranteed respect till the day you die. When looking for a job they will pick you first before any other person born there or not. Any form you are filling for a job they will ask if you have ever served.

6) God forbid I die when in the army, be it in Iraq or crossing the street in texas my family will get 450k…and that is in dollars. In Nigeria wetin you go get?

So do I need to elaborate more? After my service I will still go back to Nigeria and get the best jobs in town cause of the education I got in the army. Every thing na planning. The reason why most people from Nigeria bad mouth the army is because they cannot pass the entrance exam. Na hard exm. Almost all the people I recommended did not get more the 10 over 100….can you imagine?

Nice contribution.

However, their some info you have mixed up either deliberately or otherwise i cant say.
1.If you sign up for the Army you can be posted to the war front without notice.
2.You also cant just resign from the Army like other jobs.
3.Any one that has a plan for his green card can be what ever he/she chooses to be in US or any other part of the world for that matter.

4. If from your very humble background and with God on your side you graduated either with BSC or HND or even OND in Nigeria from any school for that matter any you dont fall into wrong hands when you get to the US you can achieve what ever you want.

In conclusion, being a cab driver, waiter or laundry man is not a problem but what you plan to achieve. If you drive cabs for 6months to save enough to get some more qualification is not a crime.

Remember whether in Lagos, Abuja or New york and even Chicago what matters the most is that Life is a marathon and not 100meters dash. An example. Some guy in my office was a security guard in a private residence Ikoyi before he went to school and today he is a banker in VI today.

petit gud job,
keep encourage yours and we will also regard we help too.
i finally picked up my visa yesterday but am still very much around cos of my final examination in sch........... gud luck to u guys. 1luv

@Bammyrichie, thanks so much!!! So happy for you, goodluck in your exams and let's know when you leave. And dont forget to come back and give us tips of how things go with you. Did in anyway use an affidavit of support as a single applicant?

It is about thinking outside the box

Nice contribution.
As a matter of fact he did a nice job than the recruitment officer.

However, their some info you have mixed up either deliberately or otherwise i cant say.
Please i will suggest you check the US Army website to confirm if he delibrately mixed up some info.

1.If you sign up for the Army you can be posted to the war front without notice.
Yes and No, if you sign up for the marines then Yes,but if you sign up for the support services, such as nursing,admin, music e.t.c then No,as you might likely be posted to US Army base anywhere in the world and some is far away from the war front.

2.You also cant just resign from the Army like other jobs.
When you enlist to join the Army, you can determine how long you will sign up for and when your time is up, it is BYE BYE.
3.Any one that has a plan for his green card can be what ever he/she chooses to be in US or any other part of the world for that matter.
You are absolutely right, it is all about plan and purpose.

4. If from your very humble background and with God on your side you graduated either with BSC or HND or even OND in Nigeria from any school for that matter any you dont fall into wrong hands when you get to the US you can achieve what ever you want.

In conclusion, being a cab driver, waiter or laundry man is not a problem but what you plan to achieve. If you drive cabs for 6months to save enough to get some more qualification is not a crime.

Remember whether in Lagos, Abuja or New york and even Chicago what matters the most is that Life is a marathon and not 100meters dash. An example. Some guy in my office was a security guard in a private residence Ikoyi before he went to school and today he is a banker in VI today.

Finally,Toluwalase, all what the gentleman is trying to say is that we should try and break away from the regular and that we should not go over to the States and just settle for less.It does not necessary means that if you start as a cab driver you cannot prosper,but that we should use it as a means to an end. I know someone who started as a cab driver over 15years ago and who till today remains a cab driver, why? and whenever he travels to Nigeria,he is like a king.Please check out the US Army website for more explanation about Bidemi12 postings,,it will be an eye opener, Nice one bro as you have some salient points in your posting.:cool::cool:

Finally,Toluwalase, all what the gentleman is trying to say is that we should try and break away from the regular and that we should not go over to the States and just settle for less.It does not necessary means that if you start as a cab driver you cannot prosper,but that we should use it as a means to an end. I know someone who started as a cab driver over 15years ago and who till today remains a cab driver, why? and whenever he travels to Nigeria,he is like a king.Please check out the US Army website for more explanation about Bidemi12 postings,,it will be an eye opener, Nice one bro as you have some salient points in your posting.:cool::cool:

Yes its an eye opener, but are you ready to die in the process or give ur life to another country. There are perks when you join the army but the risks might be higher especially when a country is fighting several wars. You get ur tuition and other expenses paid for but it is better to look well before you jump into it. There are other ways to get an education immediately, like settling in an area for a year and then qualifying for in-state tuition, or students loan or scholarships.

The most important thing for young people winning the lottery is not getting carried away with making money right away, as long as they dont live beyond their means and they make their first priority getting recognized qualifications right away so they are not stuck driving cabs for the rest of their life.

If you are immigrating with your family, it is a different situation because the well being of your family and making money comes first. A cousin of mine won 3 yrs ago, and when he came he rushed into making money, from sending money to one family member to another, keeping in mind he was about (26 then) when he came, He still works as a security guard till today even after several counsel to try get himself into school first.

Although the economy is not that strong at the moment, there are opportunities if u plan well. Toluwalase is not completely wrong, but bidemi12 is not telling you the full story either (depression, possible death sentence, possibility of being posted to war in another country i.e Afghanistan , drugs, physiological problems e.t.c) I am a grad student at a University here and i see all these army people/air force/navy trying to persuade people to join (only one out of a 1000 joins) but if you look deeply the costs of joining might outweigh the benefit.

Army/air force/navy is not for every one. You must be willing to lay down your life if needed. Some people might be lucky to get a free education/salary out of it and then try to get out of the army before getting posted, but not every one is that lucky

Thinking outside the box 2

Yes its an eye opener, but are you ready to die in the process or give ur life to another country. There are perks when you join the army but the risks might be higher especially when a country is fighting several wars. You get ur tuition and other expenses paid for but it is better to look well before you jump into it. There are other ways to get an education immediately, like settling in an area for a year and then qualifying for in-state tuition, or students loan or scholarships.

The most important thing for young people winning the lottery is not getting carried away with making money right away, as long as they dont live beyond their means and they make their first priority getting recognized qualifications right away so they are not stuck driving cabs for the rest of their life.

If you are immigrating with your family, it is a different situation because the well being of your family and making money comes first. A cousin of mine won 3 yrs ago, and when he came he rushed into making money, from sending money to one family member to another, keeping in mind he was about (26 then) when he came, He still works as a security guard till today even after several counsel to try get himself into school first.

Although the economy is not that strong at the moment, there are opportunities if u plan well. Toluwalase is not completely wrong, but bidemi12 is not telling you the full story either (depression, possible death sentence, possibility of being posted to war in another country i.e Afghanistan , drugs, physiological problems e.t.c) I am a grad student at a University here and i see all these army people/air force/navy trying to persuade people to join (only one out of a 1000 joins) but if you look deeply the costs of joining might outweigh the benefit.

Army/air force/navy is not for every one. You must be willing to lay down your life if needed. Some people might be lucky to get a free education/salary out of it and then try to get out of the army before getting posted, but not every one is that lucky

Smallacrimose, i agreed with your submission that the Army forces is not for everyone, if you choose to join, one should be prepared to lay down their lives, which is the truth, but like i said it is not everyone that join the Army that dies, when you are not joining the Marines, i am talking about joining the support service within the Army. Let us think outside the box and stop fitting into the regular stuff, we can do better,it does not have to be the Army,but for those who have got age on their side,it just might be the turning point in their life for greatness, let's not discard what Bidemi12 posted to the dustbin. 1) you choose the job you will do in the army. It does not matter what job, they will train you. if you score over 50 in the asvab exam you are guaranteed almost any job e.g engineer. aircraft engineer, mechanic, pastor, communications, computer networking etc. you name it they will train you. And i'm talking masters degree level training. If na fight you wan fight na you go choose. Na only marine no de choose. once you sign up for the marines you are guaranteed war front. thats why there are no Nigerians in the marines. I believe we are all entitle to our opinion and when an advise is been given we've got the right either to choose and follow it or ignore it the choice is yours. All the very best in all your endeavours;)

Smallacrimose, i agreed with your submission that the Army forces is not for everyone, if you choose to join, one should be prepared to lay down their lives, which is the truth, but like i said it is not everyone that join the Army that dies, when you are not joining the Marines, i am talking about joining the support service within the Army. Let us think outside the box and stop fitting into the regular stuff, we can do better,it does not have to be the Army,but for those who have got age on their side,it just might be the turning point in their life for greatness, let's not discard what Bidemi12 posted to the dustbin. 1) you choose the job you will do in the army. It does not matter what job, they will train you. if you score over 50 in the asvab exam you are guaranteed almost any job e.g engineer. aircraft engineer, mechanic, pastor, communications, computer networking etc. you name it they will train you. And i'm talking masters degree level training. If na fight you wan fight na you go choose. Na only marine no de choose. once you sign up for the marines you are guaranteed war front. thats why there are no Nigerians in the marines. I believe we are all entitle to our opinion and when an advise is been given we've got the right either to choose and follow it or ignore it the choice is yours. All the very best in all your endeavours;)

Dotman thank you for the recap,but the misgiving i still have have about this whole thing is the guarantee that you will never be sent to the warfront and that you can walk away anytime you wish because i dont think there is ever such a privilege in the military except maybe one is in a very serious health situation that such a thing could be granted.