• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

gasper2000, it really gud 2 hear frm u again. e-passport for 20k is too much. where did u do it? atleast 15k and u will get within 3 days. pls others should watch and don't let them make money thru us cos we still have alot to pay for.
howfar?

did it in delta.Actally paid 18500 but transportation made up to that.I even thought it was cheap because someone told me he did his for morethan 20000.Any way that is Nigeria, everybody wants to make it especially at the altar of falsehood.

Utmost urgency 2

Dear unclesege.If you have not submitted your forms back to kcc one could say that you can hold on to it and register for waec or Gce and then send your form back to kcc when you get the statement of result but that might be too late now as i presume you must have sent the forms back to KCC.I know how painful this is to you coming this close,but why you choose not to ask for advise prior before sending your form greatly baffles me, anyway we should not also forget the God's Factor you can go with three of your best results and allow God to take control considering you have got additional advance qualification, you do not qualify for the visa through the job you have at the moment but on education, we can only offer advise but may God help you, all the best.

Unclesege,i really feel for you knowing fully well that you will likely to be current by Oct, Nov or Dec and you have to deal with this.This people (Consular Officers) are human beings like you and i, if you choose to go with the three of your best results including your advance qualification, we can only hope and pray that God will grant you favour before them despite your shortcoming, IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

did it in delta.Actally paid 18500 but transportation made up to that.I even thought it was cheap because someone told me he did his for morethan 20000.Any way that is Nigeria, everybody wants to make it especially at the altar of falsehood.

ok, but where are did u base?
u could have done it in d capital of that state.
PLS d most important thing is dat d information on d data page is d same with what u filled in d form like place of birth, date of birth, ur names etc.
am sorry 4 my earlier state.

PLS d most important thing is dat d information on d data page is d same with what u filled in d form like place of birth, date of birth, ur names etc.
am sorry 4 my earlier state in u are offended.

Best thing to do

Do you know what most immigrants do here when they come? well let me itemise for you,

1) wait 2 months for green card and social security
2) start applying for jobs, e.g security, cna, warehouse worker, waiter, and the very popular taxi driving, which is very lucrative.
3) Go to Nigeria in 2 years and do local champion and flex for like a month.
4) continue your job until 5 years are up then apply for citizenship. meanwhile they have not aqcuired any skill or education whatsoever.

while in the army,

1) you choose the job you will do in the army. It does not matter what job, they will train you. if you score over 50 in the asvab exam you are guaranteed almost any job e.g engineer. aircraft engineer, mechanic, pastor, communications, computer networking etc. you name it they will train you. And i'm talking masters degree level training. If na fight you wan fight na you go choose. Na only marine no de choose. once you sign up for the marines you are guaranteed war front. thats why there are no Nigerians in the marines.

2) you get almost 120k for education, and that is in dollars. Which means apart from the training they will give you, they will still send you to college.

3) Immediately you sign up for the army, you start processing your citizenship and get it in 8 months instead of 5 years.

4) people in the army are praying that they send them to Iraq or afganistan. Do you know how much you get in bonus everyday for being there?

5) in the army or when you leave the army you are guaranteed respect till the day you die. When looking for a job they will pick you first before any other person born there or not. Any form you are filling for a job they will ask if you have ever served.

6) God forbid I die when in the army, be it in Iraq or crossing the street in texas my family will get 450k…and that is in dollars. In Nigeria wetin you go get?

So do I need to elaborate more? After my service I will still go back to Nigeria and get the best jobs in town cause of the education I got in the army. Every thing na planning. The reason why most people from Nigeria bad mouth the army is because they cannot pass the entrance exam. Na hard exm. Almost all the people I recommended did not get more the 10 over 100….can you imagine?

am sorry 4 my earlier state in u are offended.

Bammy i am not angry at all.I was only trying to say that the immigration officers must have played me because this is a country where people take advantage of others.you did nothing wrong at all.Although, i did it in the state capital but you know nigeria na, kom today,kom tomorrow stuff delayed everything and that cost me a lot transportation because i was going there from a near by town.How u dey prepare 4 the d day-hope no tensions?Just trust in God.As i am talking to you the Consular officer is irking to see you to give you your visa.Success!

Do you know what most immigrants do here when they come? well let me itemise for you,

2) start applying for jobs, e.g security, cna, warehouse worker, waiter, and the very popular taxi driving, which is very lucrative.
4) continue your job until 5 years are up then apply for citizenship. meanwhile they have not aqcuired any skill or education whatsoever.

while in the army,

1) you choose the job you will do in the army. It does not matter what job, they will train you. if you score over 50 in the asvab exam you are guaranteed almost any job e.g engineer. aircraft engineer, mechanic, pastor, communications, computer networking etc. you name it they will train you. And i'm talking masters degree level training. If na fight you wan fight na you go choose. Na only marine no de choose. once you sign up for the marines you are guaranteed war front. thats why there are no Nigerians in the marines.

2) you get almost 120k for education, and that is in dollars. Which means apart from the training they will give you, they will still send you to college.

3) Immediately you sign up for the army, you start processing your citizenship and get it in 8 months instead of 5 years.

4) people in the army are praying that they send them to Iraq or afganistan. Do you know how much you get in bonus everyday for being there?

5) in the army or when you leave the army you are guaranteed respect till the day you die. When looking for a job they will pick you first before any other person born there or not. Any form you are filling for a job they will ask if you have ever served.

6) God forbid I die when in the army, be it in Iraq or crossing the street in texas my family will get 450k…and that is in dollars. In Nigeria wetin you go get?

So do I need to elaborate more? After my service I will still go back to Nigeria and get the best jobs in town cause of the education I got in the army. Every thing na planning. The reason why most people from Nigeria bad mouth the army is because they cannot pass the entrance exam. Na hard exm. Almost all the people I recommended did not get more the 10 over 100….can you imagine?

Bros,i must thank you for this info.As a person i never liked uniforms but if it is as easy as you have painted the whole thing,then i must tell you if God gives me the opportunity to migrate to the states then i might opt for it.But my fears would be
1 i learnt that once one is in the army, he can not opt out until he retires.because i would only want to do for a reasonable number of years. Is it really possible to leave at will as you said?

2 what is the assurance that one will never be sent to war front because military is all about obedience in that when you are asked to do so you cannot disobey.

the 120,000 dollars is that the salary one is paid when he/she starts serving after school or the money you receive even while still under training?

what is the nature of the exam like?

are you there already?

thanks as i expect your response.

Izi,it is good to see that you have choosen to hand it over to God, your postings shows you are more relaxed than before, well done my brother as we WAIT IN HOPE, all the very best to u.:cool::cool:

Yeah, thanks dotman. I know that in times like this, it's only God that one can rely on. I know he will complete the work he started. To him and him alone be the Glory.

while in the army,

Hello, thanks for the info... kindly check your private mailbox on here, left you a message!!!
Cheers and have a nice day...

Y've got me buddy

while in the army,

So do I need to elaborate more? After my service I will still go back to Nigeria and get the best jobs in town cause of the education I got in the army. Every thing na planning. The reason why most people from Nigeria bad mouth the army is because they cannot pass the entrance exam. Na hard exm. Almost all the people I recommended did not get more the 10 over 100….can you imagine?[/QUOTE,

I cannot but say a big thanks to you, your posting was short and precise,you have done a helluva job even more than the Army recruiter. I am already hooked can't wait to get to the state.

My thanks goes out especially to RichieD,bammyrichie,dotman and other forum members.

Actually i received my forms since MAY but because of some clarifications which i wanted to clarify arising from the DOB that was filled online and the qualification issue i held on to the forms.But i fear that i might be running out of time keeping the forms with me hence i really wanted to be sure if i could use 3 sitting of SSCE.
My question now is this:
1. if i have to hold on to the forms for now when do i submit it shortly befor the exams or after the exams.
2. considering i have a very low CN will it not affect my chances.
3. if asked on th day of interview why i am just coming for interview what will i explain to them
and finally since the result Neco/SSCe will bear a very recent date will the consular not raise question.

Thanks

It's better late than never

My thanks goes out especially to RichieD,bammyrichie,dotman and other forum members.

Actually i received my forms since MAY but because of some clarifications which i wanted to clarify arising from the DOB that was filled online and the qualification issue i held on to the forms.But i fear that i might be running out of time keeping the forms with me hence i really wanted to be sure if i could use 3 sitting of SSCE.
My question now is this:
1. if i have to hold on to the forms for now when do i submit it shortly befor the exams or after the exams.
2. considering i have a very low CN will it not affect my chances.
3. if asked on th day of interview why i am just coming for interview what will i explain to them
and finally since the result Neco/SSCe will bear a very recent date will the consular not raise question.

Thanks
Dear unclesege,submit the form after you receive the GCE or WAEC statement of result because you still have between now and July 2010 to submit your forms.By submiting late will not affect your chance because whenever you choose to submit your form you will be current anyway, so fear not!. At your age having a recent result makes it more like a walkover for you just tell them the reason exactly as it is and lastly if the Consular choose to raise a question as regards to the date of your result Unclesege as a 'SECE' am sure you know how to fire all the cylinder,just tell him/her exactly the reason why.:D

Hello house please i need clearifications on the following
1.what means am i to use in attaching the passport photograph on the forms before returning them to kcc.
2.Is it allowed to combine up to 3 ssce results as this is what i have to make five cedits.
I am a secetary in a law firm can i state that in the forms or should i just stick to my ssce.
Thanks house.

unclesege,
I have a pity for you looking at the absurdity of your situation. I know you have gone through a lot of pain based on what members have said about your ssce certificates.

But let me asure you that you shouldn't panic as everything is under control. What I will tell you is don't rush to do anything that will jeopardise your chances of getting the US visa.

As I said, I know some of the contributions to your situation verge on the absurd, I can assure you that if you go to the interview with your 3 ssce results with 5 creidts including English and Maths, and possibly have all the other documentations, your visa will be issued to you. If you fail (which I doubt), it will not be based on education or certificate but rather other equally important issue.

I know what I'm saying. My sister-in-law won the dv-2009 and now have been given the visa. Guess what, she went with 3 certificates - the first certificate have 4 core credits on it; the second with only English as she failed Maths for the 2nd time; and the third certificate only Maths. She did her interview in the American Embassy in Ghana. This is not a hearsay, I've seen her ssce results myself and that is what exactly she used because she doesn't have any qualification apart from that.

Another classical example is a Nigerain friend I met in the UK while having my studies over there. He won the lottery last year, offered to do CP in Nigeria and used 3 certificates to gain the 5 required credits, though he also tendered in his master's certificate. Just about 2 months ago, he emailed me to express his joy in securing the visa.

So with this two cases explained above, I'm sure your case is not different from them, yet they were issued with the visas. What I know about the educational requirement for West Africa is 5 credits including English and Maths. There wasn't any emphasis on the number of sittings.

This is my take on your situation. I hope it will clear the issue about the number of sittings required to have your 5 credits.

Hi Unclesege,
I've really been perusing your issue and trying to figure out what the educational requirements actually entail. From my research so far, you don't seem to have any issues whatsoever when it comes to presenting 3 sittings. What matters is possessing at least 5 subjects with a minimum of C6 in each subject. You should consult your 1st notification letter. You''ll notice that no mention was made of the number of sittings required to arrive at that number of credits. The same thing applies to the 2nd notification letter. With this information in mind, I'd advice you to have the necessary rectification/clarification done with respect to your DOB & then have the forms forwarded to KCC pronto. Time is not in your favor b/c of your incredibly low CN.
Draw some inspiration from Ammeck09's post above. My research has led me to believe that the odds are in your favor.
I've discussed your issue with several people, including attorneys and they all arrived at the conclusion that KCC never made any mention of the number of sittings needed for your high school qualification. The number of sittings is probably of no importance or else KCC would have been specific about that point. You'll only have to prove that you successfully completed high/secondary school by showing proof of having acquired at least credit [C6] passes in a minimum of 5 subjects. The composition of those 5 subjects are not even stated.
Your situation has had a major impact on me, hence I've been trying to get to the heart of the matter. Based on what I've been able to glean so far, my conclusion is that you should proceed to have your forms filled out & mailed by DHL, FEDEX, UPS etc to KCC with outmost alacrity. God definitely is on your side & your day of glory is very much at hand. He who dares wins.
Good luck.

Unclesege, although the composition of the 5 subjects required are not stated, common sense should tell you that they have to include English & Math.
I hope that your accumulated credit passes include both subjects ? Or else you're gonna have one hell of a problem on your hands.
I'd advice you to get in touch with KCC in order to try & get this thing sorted out once and for all. At least by then you''ll know where you stand. Just give KCC a call.

Cheers dude.

unclesege,
I have a pity for you looking at the absurdity of your situation. I know you have gone through a lot of pain based on what members have said about your ssce certificates.

But let me asure you that you shouldn't panic as everything is under control. What I will tell you is don't rush to do anything that will jeopardise your chances of getting the US visa.

As I said, I know some of the contributions to your situation verge on the absurd, I can assure you that if you go to the interview with your 3 ssce results with 5 creidts including English and Maths, and possibly have all the other documentations, your visa will be issued to you. If you fail (which I doubt), it will not be based on education or certificate but rather other equally important issue.

I know what I'm saying. My sister-in-law won the dv-2009 and now have been given the visa. Guess what, she went with 3 certificates - the first certificate have 4 core credits on it; the second with only English as she failed Maths for the 2nd time; and the third certificate only Maths. She did her interview in the American Embassy in Ghana. This is not a hearsay, I've seen her ssce results myself and that is what exactly she used because she doesn't have any qualification apart from that.

Another classical example is a Nigerain friend I met in the UK while having my studies over there. He won the lottery last year, offered to do CP in Nigeria and used 3 certificates to gain the 5 required credits, though he also tendered in his master's certificate. Just about 2 months ago, he emailed me to express his joy in securing the visa.

So with this two cases explained above, I'm sure your case is not different from them, yet they were issued with the visas. What I know about the educational requirement for West Africa is 5 credits including English and Maths. There wasn't any emphasis on the number of sittings.

This is my take on your situation. I hope it will clear the issue about the number of sittings required to have your 5 credits.

Thanks for all your explanations on my educational situation.
With respect to the two scenario's which you have sited i know that all is well concerning me.I am very convinced that i will make it through and i shall not have any reason to be denialed visa either through educational reason or by any there reason in Jesus name.Amen
Thanks once again.

Hi Unclesege,
I've really been perusing your issue and trying to figure out what the educational requirements actually entail. From my research so far, you don't seem to have any issues whatsoever when it comes to presenting 3 sittings. What matters is possessing at least 5 subjects with a minimum of C6 in each subject. You should consult your 1st notification letter. You''ll notice that no mention was made of the number of sittings required to arrive at that number of credits. The same thing applies to the 2nd notification letter. With this information in mind, I'd advice you to have the necessary rectification/clarification done with respect to your DOB & then have the forms forwarded to KCC pronto. Time is not in your favor b/c of your incredibly low CN.
Draw some inspiration from Ammeck09's post above. My research has led me to believe that the odds are in your favor.
I've discussed your issue with several people, including attorneys and they all arrived at the conclusion that KCC never made any mention of the number of sittings needed for your high school qualification. The number of sittings is probably of no importance or else KCC would have been specific about that point. You'll only have to prove that you successfully completed high/secondary school by showing proof of having acquired at least credit [C6] passes in a minimum of 5 subjects. The composition of those 5 subjects are not even stated.
Your situation has had a major impact on me, hence I've been trying to get to the heart of the matter. Based on what I've been able to glean so far, my conclusion is that you should proceed to have your forms filled out & mailed by DHL, FEDEX, UPS etc to KCC with outmost alacrity. God definitely is on your side & your day of glory is very much at hand. He who dares wins.
Good luck.

Hi Richie thanks for taking out time to care out a careful research on my educational issue.With all of this findings from your humble self and ammeck i will fill the forms and return them this coming week by God's grace.I am indeed great full for your selfless and sacrificial work.As indicated by you i know that God definitely is with me and my day of glory is very much at hand.
God bless you all.Amen

Another issue on ssce/gce certificates
KCC gives consideration to current results. Let's take this scenario: If for instance an applicant is using two certificates to get the 5 credits and had maybe obtained a credit in English and a fail in Maths in the first certificate, and as a result of bettering the grades the applicant sat for a second exams for both English and Maths and fails in English and had a pass Maths, then it means that his current grade in English is a fail. Therefore, the applicant does not meet the educational requirements.

Typical example:

1st Attempt
Economics: Pass
Mathematics: Fail
English: Pass
Biology: Fail
Government: Pass
English Literature: Pass

Because of a weak pass in English and Economics, the applicant sat for the exams for the 2nd time in the following subjects: Mathematics, English, Biology and Economics.

Assuming this was the 2nd results:
Mathematics: Pass
English: Fail
Biology: Pass

According to KCC, the applicants' current results are:
Government: Pass (from the 1st sitting)
English Literature: Pass (from the 1st sitting)

Since the latest results shows a failure in English, the applicant does not have the required qualification for the issuance of the GC visa.

Please, i want to use this opportunity to ask this question now.In my SSCE result, my middle name(native name) is not inside.It only has my first name and surname.But in the forms i sent to kcc and my other documents-birth certificate,passport etc.,the 3 names are there.I hope this will not pose any problem.

Another issue on ssce/gce certificates
KCC gives consideration to current results. Let's take this scenario: If for instance an applicant is using two certificates to get the 5 credits and had maybe obtained a credit in English and a fail in Maths in the first certificate, and as a result of bettering the grades the applicant sat for a second exams for both English and Maths and fails in English and had a pass Maths, then it means that his current grade in English is a fail. Therefore, the applicant does not meet the educational requirements.

Typical example:

1st Attempt
Mathematics: Fail
English: Pass
Biology: Fail
Government: Pass
English Literature: Pass

Because of a weak pass in English and Economics, the applicant sat for the exams for the 2nd time in the following subjects: Mathematics, English, Biology and Economics.

Assuming this was the 2nd results:

According to KCC, the applicants' current results are:
Government: Pass (from the 1st sitting)
English Literature: Pass (from the 1st sitting)

Since the latest results shows a failure in English, the applicant does not have the required qualification for the issuance of the GC visa.

Have you seen/or heard of a case of an applicant been disqualified as a result of a fail in english or maths.I mean a real case.According to the documents from KCC 5 credits was stated without any mention of a credit in maths or english.