• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

As you going as single? If yes you don't need it.

hi everyone, i'm not from Nigeria, however, my question's got to do with everyone winning the lottery. This affidavit of support thing has been bugging me for a long time. My interview is supposedly scheduled in January, however I dont have the aforementioned affidavit, only my bank statements in hand. Are you sure about the fact I wont need it? I'm single btw.

Hi guys, there is this question I would like the house to help me with. There is this a friend of mine who is also a winner of the dv lottery, but on his e-passport the bio data is missing the middle name and he has applied at the embassy before for non immigrate visa. The problem is that when he applied for visa he filled in his full name including the middle name, and he is a winner now. So I told him to write the embassy about it, which he did but the embassy told him they can't decide what to do to correct it that the consular will let him know. Guys what will be the best thing for him to do, either go with the reply he's got from the embassy to the interview or what.

hi everyone, i'm not from Nigeria, however, my question's got to do with everyone winning the lottery. This affidavit of support thing has been bugging me for a long time. My interview is supposedly scheduled in January, however I dont have the aforementioned affidavit, only my bank statements in hand. Are you sure about the fact I wont need it? I'm single btw.

as long as u are single, they don't request 4 it in nigeria but i can't say about ur country. Which country is that?

Hi guys, there is this question I would like the house to help me with. There is this a friend of mine who is also a winner of the dv lottery, but on his e-passport the bio data is missing the middle name and he has applied at the embassy before for non immigrate visa. The problem is that when he applied for visa he filled in his full name including the middle name, and he is a winner now. So I told him to write the embassy about it, which he did but the embassy told him they can't decide what to do to correct it that the consular will let him know. Guys what will be the best thing for him to do, either go with the reply he's got from the embassy to the interview or what.

if ur friend applied wit his full name, d e passport must bear d same tin including d date of birth, place of birth wit wot he/she fill when applying must be d same so is all his document. He shld 4get about his past data at d embassy. He can get a new e passport is he have d money. It is beta 2 loss 20k than to loss 100k wit a life opportunity. Dat's my own suggestion

as long as u are single, they don't request 4 it in nigeria but i can't say about ur country. Which country is that?

i would advice you to hav either afidavit of support,job offer in the USA or assets.....you dont want to take chances look for either of these

I want to say that it is not unusual for one to get the Green Card earlier than others. My believe is that the airport you use as your POE has a role to play on when you will receive your Card. That is just my thinking especially going with the experience of some in the 2008 thread. I and my family got our GC and SSN exactly 3 weeks we got here. They arrived the same day. It is also truth that it takes some people longer time ( in some cases, months) to receive theirs. So, Aywire was not totally wrong and Paulash was not lying either.

Though I don't contribute regularly to discussions I want you all to know that I constantly visit this thread to see how you guys are doing. I am happy and greatful to God that the thread is alive. Congrat to everyone who have had their interviews successfully and for others whose interview is yet to come my prayer are with you. Yours will also be successful in Jesus name. Amen.

Glad to know you check on us :), we appreciate you!

Let your friend go to the immigration office close to him and ask maybe they could make an amendment.

Hey guys, I have a friend who is ready to sponsor me. She has printed the I-134 and even filled it. She says there is no part in the instructions that states that she should add her tax returns/transcript for the past 3 years.She says that is only required if the one sponsoring you is self employed. she however says she would get me a letter from her employers detailing her job history. I have read on several threads on this forum of how tax returns/transcripts are requested at the embassy. Now my question is how do I proove to her that the tax return/transcripts are required. Please help me out guys

Tell her to find out from the consulate where your interview will hold what she needs to send alongside with the 1-134.

thanks, Petit. That works out to a rate of NGN160 to $1. It would probably be a good idea to take at least 5k extra just in case. in the reply i got from the embassy, they said "the exchange rate will be determined on the day of the interview". I was not sure whether i should laugh or be mad at them for that reply. :rolleyes:

LOL, well, they're right because prices are not fixed, but as you said, it's best to go with extra! Goodluck

you can only invite after you get your citizenship and that will be after 5yrs of your stay in the US.

Gasper,

U got it wrong this time:

You can invite anybody at anytime, but you need to prove that u can take care of your visitor while he is in states.

Guys, thanks for your prompt responses and help. Getting new passport is not the problem but the fingerprint he has done at the embassy previously. Will the new passport he is getting not lead to ban or refusal of visa.

============================================
Here is the reply of the e-mail he got from the embassy when he complained about it

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry. At the time of your interview, you may come with relevant documents to show the interviewing consular officer. At that time, you will be advised accordingly.

We hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Unit
United States Consulate General
Lagos, Nigeria

Re:Middle name

I was in this situation before too and it was later i got a professional advice that ur middle name does not REALLY matter, what matters are ur Frist name and last name. So relax the only prob is if his other data are diif.- age, place & date of birth and marital status, so that's the only area to worry about. Good luck.

Hi guys I need 2 ask som questions when I filled the DS 230 in the question they asked bout occupation I put unemployed bcos then I just finished my youth service.my sponsor in the US can't get me AOS and I am not worried since I am single.
My problem now is I am stil unemployed and I don't hav my own assets.

Can I take my dad's(lives in nigeria) assets since he os payin for the whole process in case anything bout sponsorship comes up pls guys petit, bammyrichie livewire forumites pls advise

Hey guys, I have a friend who is ready to sponsor me. She has printed the I-134 and even filled it. She says there is no part in the instructions that states that she should add her tax returns/transcript for the past 3 years.She says that is only required if the one sponsoring you is self employed. she however says she would get me a letter from her employers detailing her job history. I have read on several threads on this forum of how tax returns/transcripts are requested at the embassy. Now my question is how do I proove to her that the tax return/transcripts are required. Please help me out guys

May be the lady doesnt want you to have her details especially SSN. If you are not married, I will advise you dont bother yourself about this.

Hi guys I need 2 ask som questions when I filled the DS 230 in the question they asked bout occupation I put unemployed bcos then I just finished my youth service.my sponsor in the US can't get me AOS and I am not worried since I am single.

Can I take my dad's(lives in nigeria) assets since he os payin for the whole process in case anything bout sponsorship comes up pls guys petit, bammyrichie livewire forumites pls advise

Since you are not married, I guess you dont have to worry yourself. They wont ask you for that. This advice is based on past experience of people that I know.

All the best.

u don't need any assets either yours or ur dad's own.
Since u are single don't worry about AOS.
u are qualified by ur education status so no need 4 any employment stuff. just make sure u can defend ur results & they shld be d original copies ok corper. which state did u serve in naija? just kidding. hope dis help.

Gasper,

U got it wrong this time:

You can invite anybody at anytime, but you need to prove that u can take care of your visitor while he is in states.

pls, lets watch how will confront people after answering a question so as avoid creating enemies among ourself. Pls, i beg, èjò o!
Post ur own and don't conmended d posted ones harshly. English language na wahala 4 me o!.
Hope everybody is having gud time in d house.

Last edited by a moderator: