• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

GC holder ourside US

Hi members,i have a question xpecialy 4 dose dt had left US afta getin dia GC.I entad US in march ds yr wt my wife n daughta ,i got my GC and i left in april.I wil b 6mnths in naija by Oct 16th and i plan to leave naija by Oct 13th.Pls membas ,i wuld like to kno hw safe ds is cos d date r so near?Though i wil b comin to US to stay finally.Pls adv,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Forumites
I have a friend who had his interview this morning in Manila-Philippines and it was going all good til the CO asked him to send his resume and "List of publications" and he was put in administrative processing, can somebody please tell what this list of publications is ??? My friend is a pharmacy graduate with two master degrees (Manufacturing Pharmacy and Public health) ...
Ps: We are both sudanese ...

Hi members,i have a question xpecialy 4 dose dt had left US afta getin dia GC.I entad US in march ds yr wt my wife n daughta ,i got my GC and i left in april.I wil b 6mnths in naija by Oct 16th and i plan to leave naija by Oct 13th.Pls membas ,i wuld like to kno hw safe ds is cos d date r so near?Though i wil b comin to US to stay finally.Pls advice

@ hannat,
I dont think that shud be a problem. I read it somewhere that a green card holder cannot stay outside USA for more than a year and afta that u can apply for re-entry permit. I dont think 6 months shud be a problem.

As a green card holder you must maintain your residence in the US. Failure to do so can result in the loss of your green card. This usually means having a US address and making sure you pay US income taxes. Travel of less than 6 month does not affect your status as long as you spend maintain status . Travel of longer than 6 months means those months are subtracted from your continuios residence towards applying for citizenship. If you leave for more than a year you will need to apply for and recieve a reentry premit. Once you have been out of the US for more than a year your clock toward citizenship resets and you start again from 0 .

Hello Forumites
I have a friend who had his interview this morning in Manila-Philippines and it was going all good til the CO asked him to send his resume and "List of publications" and he was put in administrative processing, can somebody please tell what this list of publications is ??? My friend is a pharmacy graduate with two master degrees (Manufacturing Pharmacy and Public health) ...
Ps: We are both sudanese ...

Interview date on thursday , September the 1st at Montreal

my brother won the dv 2012. but we have a problem he has only secondary school qualification with 5 credit . now this is the problem the result is in two sittungs an one of it has 3credit which include; English,commerce,Government,and while the other has just Economics and Chiristain religeous knowledge. but have F9 in Mathematics.though he presently work with Aviation Ground Handling Company In Nigeria.pls wats our chance?

my brother won the dv 2012. but we have a problem he has only secondary school qualification with 5 credit . now this is the problem the result is in two sittungs an one of it has 3credit which include; English,commerce,Government,and while the other has just Economics and Chiristain religeous knowledge. but have F9 in Mathematics.though he presently work with Aviation Ground Handling Company In Nigeria.pls wats our chance?

Interview date on thursday , September the 1st at Montreal
Congratulations! we have the same interview date and time and i hope will have a successful interview and visa pick up too :) we better go on with our medicals i will probably perform mine on aug, 10th ... Good luck!

Dear ALL,

Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,I received my Green Card today.The Lord is good ALL the times and ALL the time,the Lord is good.

We shall ALL continue to testify to the goodness of GOD in Jesus name,AMEN.

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! we have the same interview date and time and i hope will have a successful interview and visa pick up too :) we better go on with our medicals i will probably perform mine on aug, 10th ... Good luck!

yaso,
i wish you the same, by the way where will be your interview(which location)?

/'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Manila-Philippines as i was a student there the time i filled the forms but now im already a graduate ....

Yaso,

I got 2 shots of vaccins yesterday and my medical appointment is on monday, I ll let you know what happens with my medicals.........

Hello guys, i had to change my sponsor to another sponsor should i inform KCC or should i just wait until my interview date and tell the officer about this change during the interview time???

Hello guys, i had to change my sponsor to another sponsor should i inform KCC or should i just wait until my interview date and tell the officer about this change during the interview time???

make the change at your interview with the Consular Officer

Hello...! I'm done with my medical exams So my exams went as follow: i think its a bit different here in philippines than anywhere esle for they don't give u the results but the us embassy pick it up from the clinic the whole process took me 2days the first day they got my payment hahahahaha, height & weight, vital signs"was normal", visual inspection, physical exam, blood test, chest x-ray, and immuniztion interview and i was asked to come the following day and if the results was all clear i can go on with my vaccine shots so i came the following day"yesterday" had my vaccines and my shoulders are sore til this moment :-D lol and when i was at the check-out counter i asked the lady if my results were clear she told me that they are not allowed to give any informations and that i will find out about the results on the interview date at the embassy so she only handed me my sealed x-ray screenings cd and asked me not open and that it will be opened only in the USA so i was not worried about the results for they wouldn't have allowed me to have my vaccines if there were any abnormal findings :) this is all about my medicals ... TODAY i finished processing my national bureau of investigation clearance so im almost 100% ready for the interview now and this is what i'm worried about MY INTERVIEW cuz i happened to have a friend whose from sudan too and had his interview here in Manila_Philippines since july, 1st and he has not had his passport back til this very moment and when he called the embassy they told him that his case is under administrative review :'( and according to my friend that the embassy here does not have the slightest experience about dv lottery program for philippines is an ineligible country for the dv program the officer even told my friend that its rare to have a dv case here and very rare to have an applicant from sudan in their embassy here and yeah from which he has told me they don't know "for the lack of a better word" shit:) about dv lottery so that makes me very anxious especially i won't be having that much time its only 30days and either visa or NO VISA :'( so guys plz pray for me i literally need every single prayer ... Thank YOu and sorry about the curse i used :)

Yaso what does the physical entail? I hear they tell you to strip naked .Is it true and so what do they check when you strip?

Yaso what does the physical entail? I hear they tell you to strip naked .Is it true and so what do they check when you strip?

Yah actually you will be asked to take off all ur clothes, they check if u have any surgical scars and if u have any abnormalities on ur genitals, ur ears, and ask u to move ur voluntary organs (like swallowing, blinking, opening and closing ur palms, looking up and down) he asks if u r a smoker or drinker and if u ever done drugs, cocaine and marijuana just simple stuff like that there is nothing to worry about actually ... Good Luck ...!