• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Do you know what most immigrants do here when they come? well let me itemise for you,

1) wait 2 months for green card and social security
2) start applying for jobs, e.g security, cna, warehouse worker, waiter, and the very popular taxi driving, which is very lucrative.
3) Go to Nigeria in 2 years and do local champion and flex for like a month.
4) continue your job until 5 years are up then apply for citizenship. meanwhile they have not aqcuired any skill or education whatsoever.

while in the army,

1) you choose the job you will do in the army. It does not matter what job, they will train you. if you score over 50 in the asvab exam you are guaranteed almost any job e.g engineer. aircraft engineer, mechanic, pastor, communications, computer networking etc. you name it they will train you. And i'm talking masters degree level training. If na fight you wan fight na you go choose. Na only marine no de choose. once you sign up for the marines you are guaranteed war front. thats why there are no Nigerians in the marines.

2) you get almost 120k for education, and that is in dollars. Which means apart from the training they will give you, they will still send you to college.

3) Immediately you sign up for the army, you start processing your citizenship and get it in 8 months instead of 5 years.

4) people in the army are praying that they send them to Iraq or afganistan. Do you know how much you get in bonus everyday for being there?

5) in the army or when you leave the army you are guaranteed respect till the day you die. When looking for a job they will pick you first before any other person born there or not. Any form you are filling for a job they will ask if you have ever served.

6) God forbid I die when in the army, be it in Iraq or crossing the street in texas my family will get 450k…and that is in dollars. In Nigeria wetin you go get?

So do I need to elaborate more? After my service I will still go back to Nigeria and get the best jobs in town cause of the education I got in the army. Every thing na planning. The reason why most people from Nigeria bad mouth the army is because they cannot pass the entrance exam. Na hard exm. Almost all the people I recommended did not get more the 10 over 100….can you imagine?[/QUOTE,

I cannot but say a big thanks to you, your posting was short and precise,you have done a helluva job even more than the Army recruiter. I am already hooked can't wait to get to the state.

The most important thing is to be focused and not get distracted, cause there is a lot it here. And if it is your intention to join the army then study hard. Too many Nigerian fail the exam. They will spend hundreds of thousands to train and equip you, so naturaly they want it to go to able minds

Bros,i must thank you for this info.As a person i never liked uniforms but if it is as easy as you have painted the whole thing,then i must tell you if God gives me the opportunity to migrate to the states then i might opt for it.But my fears would be
1 i learnt that once one is in the army, he can not opt out until he retires.because i would only want to do for a reasonable number of years. Is it really possible to leave at will as you said?

2 what is the assurance that one will never be sent to war front because military is all about obedience in that when you are asked to do so you cannot disobey.

the 120,000 dollars is that the salary one is paid when he/she starts serving after school or the money you receive even while still under training?

what is the nature of the exam like?

are you there already?

thanks as i expect your response.

I never liked the uniform as well but man must adapt and survive. The minimum contract you sign is 2 years after which you can leave. You can be sent to afghanistan or iraq but not to fight. You will be assigned to do the job you applied for. For your education it is standard that you get 40k (which the army will pay directly to your school) to pay for college then depending on the number of years you apply will determine the amount of TA (Tuition assistance) given to you. Mine was 80k for 4 years broken down and paid monthly (to me). But only after you have finished basic training and applied for college. The exam is simple if you study for it and hard if you dont:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Every body,
I am really happy i found this site,
i registered on the 2nd of October,for the 2011
that was the day the rigestration statered,and it was around 9pm,and i hope it was not too early?i used my cell phone to snape a photo,and checked it if it was valid,it came out valid after trying alot,
so i know my GOD will not let me fail it,because he is a Miracle working God,and he has done it for me already,just glad i found this site so i can get ready,when i recieve my mail next year,and the steps to take....God Bless every body here,and i wish all the 2010 winners success in thier interview...God that took you there will not forsake you...in Jesus name Amen...Bless you all..

Hello Every body,
I am really happy i found this site,
i registered on the 2nd of October,for the 2011
that was the day the rigestration statered,and it was around 9pm,and i hope it was not too early?i used my cell phone to snape a photo,and checked it if it was valid,it came out valid after trying alot,
so i know my GOD will not let me fail it,because he is a Miracle working God,and he has done it for me already,just glad i found this site so i can get ready,when i recieve my mail next year,and the steps to take....God Bless every body here,and i wish all the 2010 winners success in thier interview...God that took you there will not forsake you...in Jesus name Amen...Bless you all..

look unto God and trust in him.He can do it for you too.I never expected it but out of the 13.6million that registered, God found me worthy to be counted among the 100,000 winners.I wish you goodluck.

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

AFRICA 17,800

Except:
Egypt: 9,100
Ethiopia: 9,000
Nigeria: 10,400

Men, this is good.It is really moving fast.I wish all the guys current success.

I never liked the uniform as well but man must adapt and survive. The minimum contract you sign is 2 years after which you can leave. You can be sent to afghanistan or iraq but not to fight. You will be assigned to do the job you applied for. For your education it is standard that you get 40k (which the army will pay directly to your school) to pay for college then depending on the number of years you apply will determine the amount of TA (Tuition assistance) given to you. Mine was 80k for 4 years broken down and paid monthly (to me). But only after you have finished basic training and applied for college. The exam is simple if you study for it and hard if you dont:)

waited for your reply for so long.Thanks, i will still contemplate it amongst other plans i have. But most importantly more inquiries would be made on it.Thanks once again.

my name is taiwo .i received my 1st parcel around may 2009 and my form was filled and sent back to kentucky early june.i will like someone to advice me when i will receive my second parcel for interview .MY CASE IS 2010AF00015XXX.
regards

my name is taiwo .i received my 1st parcel around may 2009 and my form was filled and sent back to kentucky early june.i will like someone to advice me when i will receive my second parcel for interview .MY CASE IS 2010AF00015XXX.
regards

There is something that is called visa bulletin.It comes out between 10th-14th day of the month.It publishes the case number of those who would go for interview in a given month.You can find this in travel.state.gov.So it is when your number becomes current that you should be expecting your second parcel.Already, they are in 10,400 for December.

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

AFRICA 17,800

Except:
Egypt: 9,100
Ethiopia: 9,000
Nigeria: 10,400

culled frm BEN EMMAN post on 2009 thread, 9ja was d 2nd largest winners in 2010 with 6006 and with d way d case number is moving very fast there is chance that all d winners will be schedule 4 interview b4 d fiscal year ends by 30 sept 2010 no matter how high ur number is.
i've neva see 9ja cn as fast as this year. gud luck 2 those that will be current in december.
one of my gud friend interview is 14th pls put him and his family in prayer.

NL dated .................May 6, 2009
NL received ..............May 18, 2009
INFOPASS.................May 28, 2009
Medical Exam done.....................June 15, 2009
My number is current in Vbulletin
Filed to Chicago September 30 , 2009
---------------------------------------------
Don't know what to do with Kentucky, should i file form DSP122 now or is late?

Please my people help me....

world education service.
is there anybody with any gud info about it? they deals with credential of result. pls i'll any info about it... mail it 2my private message.

culled frm BEN EMMAN post on 2009 thread, 9ja was d 2nd largest winners in 2010 with 6006 and with d way d case number is moving very fast there is chance that all d winners will be schedule 4 interview b4 d fiscal year ends by 30 sept 2010 no matter how high ur number is.
i've neva see 9ja cn as fast as this year. gud luck 2 those that will be current in december.
one of my gud friend interview is 14th pls put him and his family in prayer.

I went through the bulletin for the previous years, and find out this is really a fast one!!! Good for us! Your friend will come across God's favour!!!