• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

you dont have any problem my brother, your nickname does not really matter, they might just use it for a background check on you.
As per your certificate am sure you should have your statement of result @ hand and your original waec certificate will do the job.

All the best.

alright thanks for everything.I will work towards getting the statement.

Nairalanders, I have just won a DV lottery for 2010 but I was Single When I prayed it and I will be getting Marry on May 16, 2009. Can I still include my Spouse name or not? I need your professional advice. Thanks

@shae marks,
Please don't try it!! I know of someone like that too...what they will do is cancel both your visa and hers. So just don't. My two cents.

I think fewer people (Nigerians) are getting NLs this year compared to previous years. This time last year and 2007, more people have gotten their NLs. This is just an observation, has anybody else noticed this...or am I wrong?

What's the problem with the DV-lottery website ? It's been practically impossible to get through to them for some time now, they seem to be having a technical hitch. I've been trying to check the status of the DV-2010 program I entered for on behalf of some family members, but so far all my efforts have been in vain. Could it possibly be that the website is undergoing some maintenance ?
The DV-2010 selectee NLs for people of Nigerian descent seem elusive this time around. Very few people have received their NLs so far. KCC is kinda slow this year.

Include your spouse name

Nairalanders, I have just won a DV lottery for 2010 but I was Single When I prayed it and I will be getting Marry on May 16, 2009. Can I still include my Spouse name or not? I need your professional advice. Thanks

Please make sure you include your spouse.

1}You can wait till after you get married and then fill the forms and send your marriage documents to KCC.
2}Alternatively you can fill the forms now and send them to KCC and after the marriage send fresh updated forms to KCC.
I will go with the first option since there is no hurry to submit the forms; realize that they will not start processing dv-2010 until after September 2009 when dv-2009 must have been completed.
If you read the Nigerian threads from 2007 till now, you will see that people get married after receiving the NL [even after getting their visa interview date] and they still receive their dv-visa at the Embassy.
It is easier to process things this way.
They will most likely ask you during the interview why you did not include your wife.
If you don't include her now, it will take about 5 years to process a green card for her after you arrive in the US-- that is 5 years before she will be allowed to join you in the US.
They will most likely deny her a visiting visa during that 5 years because having a permanent resident spouse in the US will make the visiting spouse most likely an "Intending Immigrant" {Immigrant Intent is automatically assumed}

Definitely go with the first option ( we are already in May)

RichieD, stop panicking for nothing. It clearly states that results would be available from July 1st.

what is happening to this thread? We are gradually forgetting this thread.Are there no many winners in nigeria this year?The Ghanians thread is moving faster than ours.Please let us try and keep it alive.It would go along way to helping some of us who are winnners of dv 2010.

Kudos

A friend of mine called me last night that is package arrrived during the week, he's case number is DV2010AF00008XXX, and he needed so many explanantions from me as a previous succesful winner.

I just want to start this thread so as to give the new winners orientation and guidance towards filling the DS-230 forms and sending it back to KCC, and making neccesary updates on their forms.

SO if you are a dv2010 winner or you know someone from Nigeria that has got his/her fisrt Notification refer them to this thread.

cheers.

Many thanks for the good work you have begin,it is now time for every dv2010 winners from Nigeria to avail themselves of this oppourtunity, may God continue to make His face shine towards you and your family.:)

Arise o compatriot

what is happening to this thread? We are gradually forgetting this thread.Are there no many winners in nigeria this year?The Ghanians thread is moving faster than ours.Please let us try and keep it alive.It would go along way to helping some of us who are winnners of dv 2010.

I hope all winners from Nigeria in the dv2010 programme will stand up to be counted according to livewire,'ALL IS SET, this is the first step to our success so lets join this caravan of fulfilment.
good to see that you have already taken your place here my dear brother,all the best.:)

Thanks for the offer to help

Hello all,
i want to congratulate the 2010 lucky winners from Nigeria. Ive been in the United States Since 2007 and i must confess that this site really helped me when i was preparing for my interview. As part of my commitment to assist those who are selected for the lottery this year, i will be willign to assist in any capacity you guys will want me to. Please feel free to ask any question and im sure I and my other comrades will anwser your quesions. Congrats once again

Sir, how is life treating you in the states thank you for the offer to assist the 2010 winners from nigeria, we shall all be looking forward to your valuable contribution .;)

Any DV2010 winner with questions, confusions or clarifications should clearly state them as i am a volunteer past winner thats willing to provide answers.

Kongratulations once more to 2010 DV winners.

Livewire, I just wanted to know if 2010AF16XXX from Nigeria stand any chance of being invited for interview. I was highly optimistic prior to going through the DV2009 VISA bulletin for August. As you know the whole process DV2010 stops or ends by September 30, 2010. Going by the DV2009 VISA bulletin, 2010AF16XXX seems to be a very high number for Nigeria winners. Is there the possibility of making it to the U.S. 2010 with such a high number? Your contribution in regard to this issue will be highly appreciated.

My question was just as exactly posted by Izi. Izi's number is even better than mine. Mine is 2010AF18xxx. Livewire007 and Admiral, please respond.

My question was just as exactly posted by Izi. Izi's number is even better than mine. Mine is 2010AF18xxx. Livewire007 and Admiral, please respond.

Your CN is on the high side if you're Nigerian. Going by an archive of the visa bulletins over the years, don't expect your CN to be current any time soon. Actually, you're likely to be current towards the end of the fiscal year for DV-2010, which is September 2010. You're probably gonna be scheduled for an interview sometime in September 2010 if you're lucky. There's a reasonable chance that you might not be current at all.
Put your trust in God b/c with Him all things are possible. Remain positive & never give up. Your miracle is on its way. Stay Blessed.

A friend of mine called me last night that is package arrrived during the week, he's case number is DV2010AF00008XXX, and he needed so many explanantions from me as a previous succesful winner.

I just want to start this thread so as to give the new winners orientation and guidance towards filling the DS-230 forms and sending it back to KCC, and making neccesary updates on their forms.

SO if you are a dv2010 winner or you know someone from Nigeria that has got his/her fisrt Notification refer them to this thread.

cheers.

congratulations to u all new winners.
u are in the right place and gud luck with ur process

Sir, how is life treating you in the states thank you for the offer to assist the 2010 winners from nigeria, we shall all be looking forward to your valuable contribution .;)

dotman have u gone through DV2009 VISA bulletin? Do u think there's hope that DV2010AF00016XXX will ever be current? I'm afraid.

With god all things are possible

dotman have u gone through DV2009 VISA bulletin? Do u think there's hope that DV2010AF00016XXX will ever be current? I'm afraid.

Dear Izi stop worrying and start praying commit your way unto the lord and he will fulfill the desire of your heart. Humanly speaking with the outcome of this year bulletin our CN does not look great,but hey our GOD is able ,He said we should decree a thing and it shall be establish.He said KCC mind is in His hand to direct KCC to wherever it pleases, meaning to favour us.Whose report shall you believe Visa Bulletin or GOD?, He said you will call upon a nation that knoweth not thee and the nation that knoweth not thee shall run to thee for the Lord thy God has glorified thee.Our God is able, HAVE A BLESS WEEKEND.:):)

Dear Izi stop worrying and start praying commit your way unto the lord and he will fulfill the desire of your heart. Humanly speaking with the outcome of this year bulletin our CN does not look great,but hey our GOD is able ,He said we should decree a thing and it shall be establish.He said KCC mind is in His hand to direct KCC to wherever it pleases, meaning to favour us.Whose report shall you believe Visa Bulletin or GOD?, He said you will call upon a nation that knoweth not thee and the nation that knoweth not thee shall run to thee for the Lord thy God has glorified thee.Our God is able, HAVE A BLESS WEEKEND.:):)

my bro, d issue of case number in naija dis is sumtin else oh.
d last cn for dis fiscal year was release yesterday is 15650 which is d same thing with d month of august.
just be praying about it and i know GOD will do d best tin for u in dis case. just do as dotman have told u. gud luck bro.