• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 from kenya only

I'm from Kenya but in the US. Got my NL yesterday, CN very high 2010AF00070xxx :(

Not sure whether to do AOS or CP. I don't think my number will ever become current though because it's so high. Talked to a lawyer today and he told me it doesn't matter if I do CP or AOS because I won't be called for an interview until my CN is current.

My worry is if I send the paperwork back to KCC (for CP or AOS) I will be risking my F1 status since I'll be declaring intent to immigrate :(

Not sure what to do? Has anyone with such a high number ever got a GC?

Either you become current in sept next year (last month for DV2010) or never, so if you become current then CP is the better option. Good luck

Hey Muffin, your CN is very high. Your chances of ever becoming current are very minute, irrespective of whether you decide to do CP or AOS. If a miracle happens, just like what's just happened with DV-2009, whereby the whole of Africa is going to be current in september [with the exception of Egypt & Ethiopia], you'll be current in september 2010.
I'd advice you to go for CP since it's faster unlike AOS, taking into consideration the fact that you're almost certainly not gonna be current b/4 september 2010. But then, the choice is yours. Good luck.

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 17,800

Except:
Egypt: 9,100
Ethiopia: 9,000
Nigeria: 10,400
ASIA 8,250
EUROPE 12,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 675
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 725

All who are scheduld for interview in dec get ready.....get your documents and be confident..
Where are kenyan winerz??

Last edited by a moderator:
Trixsam iam impressed by you efforts but supprised that this time there are no kenyans who are contributing to this forum ama haijui

kenyan winnerz

Trixsam iam impressed by you efforts but supprised that this time there are no kenyans who are contributing to this forum ama haijui

sijui wat iz wrong with these people they need to be here...im goin to source for them in facebook coz huko ndio wamejaa nway congrats Gesusu just seen you applied for your SSN...dont forget us we need you pple to help us wen we come for sum advice...if i may ask did they ask for an afidavit of support at the interview??

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah they did and it was just a letter written from somebody fro usa stating that he will supporting me within six months till i settle if you have somebody ask him help out

yeah they did and it was just a letter written from somebody fro usa stating that he will supporting me within six months till i settle if you have somebody ask him help out

What was the consular's reaction to the letter? because i know that form I-134 is what is required.Do you think a letter would suffice for that?

am a kenyan and i won dv2010 anyone have idea when to expect the second letter,how about my case number is it high or low???5****

lucky day

am a kenyan and i won dv2010 anyone have idea when to expect the second letter,how about my case number is it high or low???5****

vipi...gud to hear another person from kenya comin to the forum.....you number iz on 50'z just like mine intresting here nway our interviewz will be smwea in august 2010......hope we will be kipin in touch...hey was jus tryin figa smthin out my no is on 50'z same as urs and another guy cold tzbongo from TZ....im thinkin this is not just a luck....i see some similarity here!!!! i played on 3rd NOV wat bout you??

Dv2010

Niaje, niaje

Vipi wasee? Another Kenyan national in USA with CN 5xxxx. Hii maneno ni ya ajabu kweli. Ukiwa hapa, hutaki ku-risk kurudi Kenya kisha ukose GC. Uki apply AOS inaweza delay hadi Sept. 30th deadline ifike. Noma kweli!

Roho juu lakini!

Niaje, niaje

Vipi wasee? Another Kenyan national in USA with CN 5xxxx. Hii maneno ni ya ajabu kweli. Ukiwa hapa, hutaki ku-risk kurudi Kenya kisha ukose GC. Uki apply AOS inaweza delay hadi Sept. 30th deadline ifike. Noma kweli!

Roho juu lakini!

vipi shariifka it good sseeing another person around pliz if you know anyone else refer him here coz this site iss very useful nway thats a choice you have to mek....AOS OR CP naelewa the fear of doing CP......bt mek up your mind go thru the previos threads or even better post a new thread and ul get advice to mek your personal decesion i would advice you to start a thread....nway hii saa imezidi almost evrione is on 5x,xxx fom kenya hapa lazima kuwe na jambo i played mine on 3rd NOv wat about you????

Trixsam.

I am enjoying myself I live minneapolis.
vipi shariifka it good sseeing another person around pliz if you know anyone else refer him here coz this site iss very useful nway thats a choice you have to mek....AOS OR CP naelewa the fear of doing CP......bt mek up your mind go thru the previos threads or even better post a new thread and ul get advice to mek your personal decesion i would advice you to start a thread....nway hii saa imezidi almost evrione is on 5x,xxx fom kenya hapa lazima kuwe na jambo i played mine on 3rd NOv wat about you????

I am enjoying myself I live minneapolis.

good for you deckow.....its good you can actually come here to this site nway its cold in this forum very few kenyans out here..compared to dv 2009 you guyz were active...how is life there??....and at the moment how hard is it to find a job??...kip in touch bro

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 23,400

Except:
Egypt: 12,300
Ethiopia: 12,475
Nigeria: 12,900
ASIA 9,475
EUROPE 19,750
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 925
January bulletin iz out ad advice any1 to keep track of the interviews from Nigeria and Ghana...