• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Capeolive,
I wonder how fast congressman office and CIS Ombudsman office act to DV cases . Also, mailing docs too them would take some time, isn't it?

Hi insaneanil,

You could have applied around April 10.
But we cannot change the facts...

I think you should prepare to contact with
A) Your Congressman
B) CIS Ombudsman in Washington DC.

But, I think it will be wise to wait until
your InfoPass appointment of 9/8/2010.
You might get the appointment letter
meanwhile.

You just risked your application by not
"early-filing"...

We received our GCs yesterday. I am really thankful to everyone in this forum for making our process lot easier. Special thanks to the guys who did some experiments by filing 50 days earlier. This is something which i didn't see in 2009 forum and which gave lot of courage to the applicants whose numbers became current in August/September. I always advice 2011 applicants to read the entire 2010 forum because each minute you spend on reading it is worthy.
For those who haven't received the interview appointments yet should do infopasses or follow other methods described in the forum, as you have only a limited time. Some USCIS offices order the KCC file after the interview and if that happens it takes 2-4 extra days for your case to be approved. You should be fine if your case gets approved and your online status changes to CPO before September 30th. If you need a written proof you can get your passport stamped through an infopass as long as you have a valid reason. You can do that only if you are approved (CPO status). I personally did it as i had to apply for SSN.
Thanks again and i wish Good Luck for those who are waiting for the GCs and the 2011 applicants.

Great news Sumeet. Have fun. Your hard paid off. Now, its our turn to get it. Hope things will go smooth for us too back home.

Thanks NuvF, Capeolive,Chooti,newone, i2009 and all.

God speed.

Good Luck on your interview maila! You will get approved without any problem...

Dear forumers, GC seekers & GC holders,

I am SO HAPPY to see so many of you have ended their journey for the precious lil green card. Seems like everyone has progressed SO much. I am sorry I have not been around as much as before. Tell you the truth, I've been looking for a better job. I have been applying like crazy and I finally got a call for the first interview...and then second...and I'm waiting to hear from them as it sounds VERY promising. I had a good job, but considering they had sponsored me for my H1B, they treated me very unfairly and paid me minimum. The new place I'm about to work at will be increasing my wage by up to 75%...that's what having options means, Green Card helps us advance like that for a better job, better title, better pay, more benefits and what not. Anyways, enough about me, just letting you know my life in a nutshell AFTER the GC was received.

OK, now big congratulations to:

Summet, leongsce, chooti, Schneidi68, teamworks, littlejohn, zuno, and many others who are ALMOST done with their processes. I wish you guys nothing but the best and please don't stop fighting for the things you want. Hope you all do realize how lucky we are to have been chosen for the GC lottery, as well as to have supporters like people in this forum who literally live here.

All the best,

Norkira

Thanks Summet

I do not think I can change the FO, since I was told that the FO is assigned by the place we live. Mine would be in SAN ANTONIO. I do not know SAN ANTONIO FOs are nice or not (specially DV FO's), although I have heard that FOs who do citizenship interviews are nice and easy going.

I have a question for u Summet. I am planning to hire a Lawyer. Share me some of the problems U have encountered hiring a lawyer if u do not mind.

Sorry Guys : Although most of U guys do not recommand hiring a Lawyer, but its only for my peace of mind. I know the lawyer won't be doing much but in case if I get RFE's then she will be responding. I won't have to worry about these things at the middle of my semester. Also she is not that expensive as others. Its a Houston based company.

Thank you

yea I really did have a very easy IO. And let me tell u the secret.. if by any chance you can do your process from Dallas FO, I can assure you that you will also get the same IO, coz she told me that she is the only one in this location who handels the DV case.

Hi Guys,
Do I need to show my past 3 years tax return even if I have a sponsor. If no need then I am not going to bother getting those.

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,
I was selected for the 2010 DV lottery and I have been following your forum for a while now. I would like to thank you for all of the information that you have provided. I have some questions. My DV case number is 2010AF00079xxx. Below is a timeline of our case. My husband and I are both on H1-B visas but we are living in different states. I am in NY and he is in CA. Due to my work contract, I could not move to CA before now and I will be moving to CA at the end of September.
My questions are the following.
1)Where do you think that our interview will take place?
2) How long does it take to get an interview letter after the Bios? We know taht our case is complicated because os the living arrangement but we have proofs that our marriage is not a sham( marriage pictures from our country, thousands of dollars in plane tickets,Tax returns..)
3) What can we do to accelerate the process on our side?
4) Has anyone been to the downtown NY office for interview and how was the experience?

Thanks you all for your help, and please feel free to give me any additional infos or tips that you think may be helpfull

May 2009- 1Nl
August 2009- 2NL
Case current in Sept 2010
Aug 5 2010- Sent Complete package to Chicago
Aug17 2010- NOA
Aug 25 and 26( husband)-No Bio letter so did walk in Bio
Aug 26 -Bio appontment for Sept 17
Now waiting for interview letter...

.......... but in case if I get RFE's then she will be responding.........
Thank you

Ahh! when was the last time you saw a DV app here receiving an RFE ?

Anyways, Good Luck !!.......and just to add....NEVER EVER ask any lawyer to send anything on your behalf without you dbl checking it for accuracy and relevance, else it MAY snowball. [for Dv this is as good as doing it by yourself, 'cos nothing is complicated]

Best!

Hi Everyone,
I was selected for the 2010 DV lottery and I have been following your forum for a while now. I would like to thank you for all of the information that you have provided. I have some questions. My DV case number is 2010AF00079xxx. Below is a timeline of our case. My husband and I are both on H1-B visas ..........

Who is the DV winner (principal app)?
in your i-485 s did you put different adresses, which will complicate the intvw place and process?

If you've put different addresses, they will call you for intvw at different places, at difft dates. Nothing will be finalized for the partner until the winner's case is approved.

IMO, considering the short time, you've unnecessarily complicated things for your own ease, thinking that USCIS will be 'understanding/accomdating' !!...you should have known better.

Good Luck !

Who is the DV winner (principal app)?
in your i-485 s did you put different adresses, which will complicate the intvw place and process?

If you've put different addresses, they will call you for intvw at different places, at difft dates. Nothing will be finalized for the partner until the winner's case is approved.

IMO, considering the short time, you've unnecessarily complicated things for your own ease, thinking that USCIS will be 'understanding/accomdating' !!...you should have known better.

Good Luck !

Hi. Thanks for your answer. Given that my husband and I are not living in the same city and that USCIS knows it because we are on H-B, I did not want to lie about the situation. i am moving to CA at the end of september no matter what and we have proofs about our situation. Thank you for confirming that we would have interviews at different offices.

If anyone else has information. thanks for giving me your thought on the situation.

thanks

Hi. Thanks for your answer. Given that my husband and I are not living in the same city and that USCIS knows it because we are on H-B, I did not want to lie about the situation. i am moving to CA at the end of september no matter what and we have proofs about our situation. Thank you for confirming that we would have interviews at different offices.

If anyone else has information. thanks for giving me your thought on the situation.

thanks

By the way, I am the principal applicant

Hi Everyone,
I was selected for the 2010 DV lottery and I have been following your forum for a while now. I would like to thank you for all of the information that you have provided. I have some questions. My DV case number is 2010AF00079xxx. Below is a timeline of our case. My husband and I are both on H1-B visas but we are living in different states. I am in NY and he is in CA. Due to my work contract, I could not move to CA before now and I will be moving to CA at the end of September.
My questions are the following.
1)Where do you think that our interview will take place?
2) How long does it take to get an interview letter after the Bios? We know taht our case is complicated because os the living arrangement but we have proofs that our marriage is not a sham( marriage pictures from our country, thousands of dollars in plane tickets,Tax returns..)
3) What can we do to accelerate the process on our side?
4) Has anyone been to the downtown NY office for interview and how was the experience?

Thanks you all for your help, and please feel free to give me any additional infos or tips that you think may be helpfull

May 2009- 1Nl
August 2009- 2NL
Case current in Sept 2010
Aug 5 2010- Sent Complete package to Chicago
Aug17 2010- NOA
Aug 25 and 26( husband)-No Bio letter so did walk in Bio
Aug 26 -Bio appontment for Sept 17
Now waiting for interview letter...

Another question is do you think that I should just change my address with USCIS and put our CA address given that I will be moving there in september? I can still leave the NY one given that I still have the apartment... Please let me know what you think about this.

Thanks

Another question is do you think that I should just change my address with USCIS and put our CA address given that I will be moving there in september? I can still leave the NY one given that I still have the apartment... Please let me know what you think about this.

Thanks

Ok, first I blv you know that everything has to happen and finalized before 9/30/10?
Is it only the apt that that worry you lvg NY? 'cos if the itvws are in 2 different places it MAY complicate approval. It will all depend on the IO s who handle the cases, how knowledgeable about DV cases and how efficiently they will coordinate with each office.

If you can, my advise is to move to CA and have the intvw in one place. I think if it is LA office, they are good about DV cases.
Make an infopass to your NY local office and see whether they have rcvd the i-485 file and if so how to reqst transfer it to CA.
Remember, when it comes to DV AoS you are dealing with lot of unknown factors as far as USCIS is concerned and eventually it all boil down to the individual IO. On top of that 9/30 deadline! You will be ok as you are now. they will call you for intvw, approve your case and then CA office will coordinate with NY and approve hubby too before 9/30. But there are lot of 'what ifs', if one may want to look at worst case scenarios, and USCIS is capable of leading to any one of those scenarios!
All you can do is prevent paths to those on your part and cross fingers.

Good Luck !

PS: If you go for infopass.....understand that almost 99% of the time what you will get are mis-info. Insist like hell that you want to speak to a 2nd-3rd tier supervisor level IO and explain the situation. Do not turn back with 1st contact NO answers. Best!

PS: were you able to do walk in bios WITHOUT bio appt letters (with future appt date) in hand?, if so good for you!! (it may be that they ve seen your future appt. in the system)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, first I blv you know that everything has to happen and finalized before 9/30/10?
Is it only the apt that that worry you lvg NY? 'cos if the itvws are in 2 different places it MAY complicate approval. It will all depend on the IO s who handle the cases, how knowledgeable about DV cases and how efficiently they will coordinate with each office.

If you can, my advise is to move to CA and have the intvw in one place. I think if it is LA office, they are good about DV cases.
Make an infopass to your NY local office and see whether they have rcvd the i-485 file and if so how to reqst transfer it to CA.
Remember, when it comes to DV AoS you are dealing with lot of unknown factors as far as USCIS is concerned and eventually it all boil down to the individual IO. On top of that 9/30 deadline! You will be ok as you are now. they will call you for intvw, approve your case and then CA office will coordinate with NY and approve hubby too before 9/30. But there are lot of 'what ifs', if one may want to look at worst case scenarios, and USCIS is capable of leading to any one of those scenarios!
All you can do is prevent paths to those on your part and cross fingers.

Good Luck !

PS: If you go for infopass.....understand that almost 99% of the time what you will get are mis-info. Insist like hell that you want to speak to a 2nd-3rd tier supervisor level IO and explain the situation. Do not turn back with 1st contact NO answers. Best!

PS: were you able to do walk in bios WITHOUT bio appt letters (with future appt date) in hand?, if so good for you!! (it may be that they ve seen your future appt. in the system)

Thank you so much for your infos. I have schedules an info pass for the coming week. I will do as you say and ask to speak to someone knowleeable about DV cases. I will also ask about the change in adress. Yes. Both my husband and i were able to walk in without the appointment letters. I believe that we were already in the system and the accepted to let us do the BIO.
Again. Thanks for your help

Thank you so much for your infos. I have schedules an info pass for the coming week. .......

I hope I do not confuse or make you impatient with my advise. But per my understanding of DV AoS it only helps if the PA and derivatives do the intvw at one and the same place at same time. (let other pros also chip in here)

My advise is if you CAN change to CA do it and do it asap!
You do not have to wait for infopass to do it. (do not rush, take sometime and decide, wait for some more advise....hey cape??)

a) file AR 11 CoA both paper and online.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

b) Call KCC (and follow up with email to them) and say you are changing address.

c) DO NOT leave NY till you know that file is in CA and a intvw date in CA is scheduled (so that info passes can be done if needed)

d) Go to your next week infopass and say that you've changed address and just transfer the files. (if you wait for their advise and if all what you may get is confusing answers or worst- none at all, then it will be waste of time....act asap)

Good Luck!