• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Winners - Nepal

Don't go ahead with AOS process right now until your number becomes current, otherwise they will return your forms back...pay your fees and do everything ONLY once you number becomes current, i suspect sometime in May/June next year. Also go through 2008 AOS thread, lot of info about AOS processing there including fees and everything.

check your pvt mail please.

Had A Successful Interview Today!!!! Yahoooo!!!!!

Thanks a lot to this wonderful forum, I got lots and lots of useful information about making it a success. I had my interview today and it was a piece of cake. Me, my wife and son, all of us were interviewed for not even 5 minutes. The guy who interviewed us was very nice and friendly. May be it was our background and qualification, that made it so easy for all of us. He asked me and my wife 2 questions each. No questions to my son except commenting about age..:)
He asked me what and where I studied and what I am doing currently... To my wife, "what do you do?"...

I initiatied out conversation by introducing my little 1 yr old son to him in a funny way by carrying and putting him to sit on the counter saying... "he wants to see you.."...May be that made everything smooth????? Don't know..:)

I didn't have to take any documents or anything with me to the interview...

Thanks a lot to this wonderful forum, I got lots and lots of useful information about making it a success. I had my interview today and it was a piece of cake. Me, my wife and son, all of us were interviewed for not even 5 minutes. The guy who interviewed us was very nice and friendly. May be it was our background and qualification, that made it so easy for all of us. He asked me and my wife 2 questions each. No questions to my son except commenting about age..:)
He asked me what and where I studied and what I am doing currently... To my wife, "what do you do?"...

I initiatied out conversation by introducing my little 1 yr old son to him in a funny way by carrying and putting him to sit on the counter saying... "he wants to see you.."...May be that made everything smooth????? Don't know..:)

I didn't have to take any documents or anything with me to the interview...

Hi p1rulz,
I had DV interview on the 20th of March too. My interview lasted only 3-4 min. The consular went through my documents, asked me when I got married, where/who in US and then he gave me the white slip and said you are qualified , congratulation.
Out of almost 30 people who were interviewed before me all of them got visa except I think 2 whose case the consular said needed further review.
Thanks everybody this is a great forum.
----------------
case # AS2009...12XXX

@SUKAR: Any idea why that particular case needed further review?

I could hear few conversation of one of the dv applicant whose case got reviewed.
The consular asked "How much money can you take to USA" and the applicant said that he will make the decision after he talk to his sponsor in US. The consular asked the same question several time and he repeatedly said that it will be his sponsor decision. Then the consular said that his case will need further review and the embassy will call him later. There may be other factors too.
In one of the conversation with a different applicant the consular said that he was asking the above question because the banks in Nepal can only give certain amount of dollars. I was not asked that question

Congrats p1rulz n sukar !!

great to hear the success stories of u guys. Congratulations p1rulz and sukar!! Must be throwing parties to frens n families. My appointment is on 7th April. Every thing's done except the medical examination and bank's statement.
By the way, what would i answer when the interviewer will ask me the question "How much money can you take to USA":p

Wish me luck :)

2009AS00014***

successful interview today

Hello All,

I had a successful interview today. There were more than 50 applicants today. I had to wait for more than 2 hrs and when my turn came, it didn't take more than 2 mins for the interview. i was just asked 5/6 questions : whats your education, what are you doing now,have you been out of the country before,which place will you go, who is your sponsor, for how long will you stay with your sponsor, how much money will you take to the states. Thats all.

Thanks to all in this forum.

To the ones who're still waiting for their interview : Take it easy, if u're not using any fake methods, u'll surely get it. And for the ones who're fake, be aware !!! The consulars are smart enough to catch you.

:)

Hi Nepaligal,
Congrats for the successful interview and visa. I am having my interview on June 15. So preparing for it. By the way, i wanted to know something from your interview. Like you u said you were asked how much money will you take to the states? I am curious to know about your answer. If you could share this stuff then we all will have a good guideline. I mean we will have idea how much we need or how much we have to say?

We will highly wait for your kind resonse.

Regards

Hi Nepaligal,
Congrats for the successful interview and visa. I am having my interview on June 15. So preparing for it. By the way, i wanted to know something from your interview. Like you u said you were asked how much money will you take to the states? I am curious to know about your answer. If you could share this stuff then we all will have a good guideline. I mean we will have idea how much we need or how much we have to say?

We will highly wait for your kind resonse.

Regards

You cannot just say any amount you like.
The maximum dollars that you can get from the bank is $7000.With your passport, the bank will give you $2000, plus additional $5000 on certain conditions.

I said i'll take $4000-$5000 with me.

All the best for your interview. No need to go to any counsellor/agent.Any question, ask here.

Hello All,

I had a successful interview today. There were more than 50 applicants today. I had to wait for more than 2 hrs and when my turn came, it didn't take more than 2 mins for the interview. i was just asked 5/6 questions : whats your education, what are you doing now,have you been out of the country before,which place will you go, who is your sponsor, for how long will you stay with your sponsor, how much money will you take to the states. Thats all.

Thanks to all in this forum.

To the ones who're still waiting for their interview : Take it easy, if u're not using any fake methods, u'll surely get it. And for the ones who're fake, be aware !!! The consulars are smart enough to catch you.

:)

Did you get the visa already or you have another appointment to pick up the visa? Please let me know because something strange happened to my ucle and his family in Ghana last Friday. On Wednesday he went to his follow up appointment and was given the visa collection chit to come back on Friday, 17 April for his visas and by the way they took his passport as well. He went back on Friday but was told that the State Department is reviewing the immigrant visa process so they give him back his passport ad collected his phone number. They said they will call when his visa was ready. This happened for all the people that were suppose to pick up their immigrant visas at the Accra, Ghana office.

Hi and This is Raj 20,
Same thing happend on me I got call from embassy saying you are on administrative process and may take time to be completed but till the date they have not called me and kind share if you get information about it and how long time to take for the ad. process.

Once your passport is stampped with Immigrant Visa, You might be wondering about the amount that you can take to the US, or may be even for the interview question, your counselor might ask ("How much money are you going to take or Do you know the process..?"). As Nepali gal mentioned above, it is true that you can be approved for up to $5000 as a settlement amount for Immigrant Visa + $2000 against your passport per person. So, if you are a family of 2, you can take up to $14000 and if you are 3, you can take up to $21000 with you. If you want to see the Nepal Rastra Bank official guidlines about it, follows these two links:

Settlement Amounts for Immigrant Visa: http://fxm.nrb.org.np/circulars/List_of_Circular--451.pdf
Against Passport: http://fxm.nrb.org.np/circulars/List_of_Circular--413.pdf

DV 2010 interview & residential requirement

Hi! I am from Nepal. My wife received first letter with CN 14xxx on July 07, sent the filled up forms to KCC and now waiting for second letter. I and my son are mentioned in her application. My question is " if she receives second letter, do we all have to appear the interview together?" cause my son is currently studying abroad. Also if we are granted visa, do we all have to meet minimum days of residential requirement in the USA to receive green cards? I would be happy if any one could help me finding these information.

sai-473,

you don't need any sponsors in your case. Since You've been working full time in USA, you become your own sponsor. Good Luck !!

Thanks

If I donot need sponsore then i can write my name and adress in q#10 for adress in USA

So far i remember, you have to give the address of USA because later when your Green card is ready, they will mail it to that address. I had my aunt's address, and my GC was mailed to that address after a month of arriving in the States.