• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Winners - Nepal

Now I am in US. I won EDV 2009 and my case number is only 4XX. I sent all documents (I485 medical examination and so on) in Oct to Chichago office. How long they take us to call for interview, does anybody have idea?

Thank you for your response, In advance,

Preeti Nepal

Now I am in US. I won EDV 2009 and my case number is only 4XX. I sent all documents (I485 medical examination and so on) in Oct to Chichago office. How long they take us to call for interview, does anybody have idea?

Thank you for your response, In advance,

Preeti Nepal

I am in same situation as you're in. Next step is to wait for biometric letter and then for interview appointment....no idea when will it be though.

No, I'd say is is a pretty low number -- that is for 2009 -- it would have been a high number in any other year but this time it's different. You can go for AOS.

No, I'd say is is a pretty low number -- that is for 2009 -- it would have been a high number in any other year but this time it's different. You can go for AOS.

DarkHorse,
I chose CP and have already mailed all the forms that came with the 1st Letter. Isn't it too late now to change CP to AOS .
Also do I need the police report from both US and Nepal, if I plan to do CP.
--------------------------
Case # 2009AS0000115**

dear friends !!

I am sakul, from chabahil and i have already got notification letter for the appointment, any other friends they have appointment with us embassy ? pls list down here.

with regards

Can anybody tell me, how many days USCIS takes to draw application fee from bank once they received the application. I wonder, they did not draw fee even they received my application in last month.

Hi friends,
Some of our Nepali friend must have had successful visa interview in Nepal. Please guys can you share your visa inteview exp with all of us. It would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance
-----------------------
AS2009 - 11XXX

Hello and namaste to all Nepalese,

Date of NL= April 03, 2008
NL Received to my Wife's name= April 29, 2008
CN= 2009AS00007xxx
Country= Nepal
Reply sent to KCC - May 11, 2008 (by FedEx)
Received by KCC - May 13, 2008
Interview Schedued : 20 Jan 2009 in Riyadh

***thanks god***
NL Received in Saudi Arabia, I am living in Saudi Arabia.

Dear all,

PLs send the information about case number like :
2009AS00005***
NL Date - 2008 April 2
Received Date - May 10, 2008
First letter Reply - 20 May, 2008
Received By KCC - 26 May, 2008
Waiting for Second letter.
Country - Nepal
Post - Kathmandu

Your views about the edv lottery : Like - When i know that i am one of the winner of EDV 2009, it brings me a lot of happiness.

With regards

Year: 2009
Case Number 116XX
country of eligibility:Nepal

I have already sent the first two forms to KCC and they sent me another letter stating that my case has been transferred to DHS.

According to the visa bulletin the current number for February is 11000, so My number should be current by March.

My question is what do I do in the coming months..... do I expect another letter from DHS before I do anything OR do I wait, I have not yet mailed any form of payment to any bureau... please help.

Regards,

Dear all,

THanks for your valuable inputs and suggestions for me, i have got the visa for USA. It was so nice interview with the us concular at nepal.

Hello arya2004k ,
Tapai ko second letter aayo? ani interview pani bhaisakyo hola ni hoina? ani khoi ta kaha gayeb bhako? hami lai pani yeso help garnu paryo ni.. kun thau ma basnu hunchha tapai? ani interview ko experience pani sunauna na.

-------------------------------------------
2009AS00024XXX

pls share ur experience

Hello Arya,
Congratulations Arya !!! u got it ! It would be really nice if u could share ur experience with us. We can at least get mentally prepared for it. What are the preparations we need to do for the interview? Kun State ma jane vanne kura interview agadi nai nirnaya linu parne ho?
Bye
take care
all the best to all facing interview currently

Good News - Embassy in action

The embassy of Nepal will be responding to Nepali DV winners for any question related to diversity visa.

Here's what they have to say - http://nepal.usembassy.gov/latest_embassy_news.html

January 23, 2009 Nepali version

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy launched its first Webchat program today. The Consular Section’s Webchat is an online forum to ask visa related questions. The Webchat will address one issue at a time and the first Webchat will be accepting questions on the Diversity Visa only. Between 23 to 29 January one can post questions by following these steps: Please go to this URL.

(Your computer will need the free Adobe Flash Player. If you do not already have Flash installed, you may download it for free at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.)

1. Log in as a “Guest”. Please type your name into the space provided.

2. Once in the chat room you will see a “Chat” box on the screen. This is where you can type in your questions.

Answers will be posted on February 2, 2009.

Check the U.S. Embassy Website or the Webchat website to see the answers after February 2, 2009.

Lets Hope For The Best!!!!

Hi everyone!

I got my appointment date! 2nd week of March! and am now getting my papers ready! Quite Excited.
These are the documents I am considering to have ready for the interview: (am suggested by pros here in Ktm): Hope it helps you guys as well..

Birth Certificate (me, my wife, my son)
Relationship Certificate (proves relationship with my son and wife)
Education Certificates (mine, wife's)
Work Experience Letters (mine, wife's)
Police Certificate (For me, For my wife)
Affadavit Of Support + Tax Returns
Bank Balance + Income Report (CA authorized)
Property Report (C. Engineer Authorized)
+ Required English Translations!!!

That's it. Please share your views

Sukar, You don't need to get Police certificate from USA. Just from Nepal!!!