• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 winners from Ghana meet here

Welcome to America King. Yeah Utah is not a place I would have guess anyone of colour will venture to, less alone one from the African continent.

One question... why did it take so long, until March 13th to get your visa when your interview was in november?

Everybody in the house i do wish to apologize for not keeping the house warm when i had my visa on the same day kwame poku picked his 13th March 09. That day was a babylon day (confusingday) eventhough people were ask to come for their visa that day but they were ask to go back without the visa for somany reasons. Some were asked to go for another medical test as they deem it expire among others bot Glory Be TO God that i had my and i know you will also have yours without difficulties. I'm in the state of UTAH in the CITY OF LOGAN this day is my 14th day of being in USA and this same day i receive my welcome letter in the mail from the Department of HomeLand Security (USCIS). I had a every bady weather and i had to sleep in NYC because my connecting flight to Salt Lake City (Utah state capital) had already left. This place seems to record the highest snow on earth as it is written on their number plate of their vehicles almost everyday SNOW SNOW SNOW oooooh man i'm freezing Ghanaian population here is not up to 9 and those are one family. I seem to be the only young African on my own. If anybody has a questios let him feel free to ask me on banabeegh@yahoomail.cm and banabeegh@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Mepharm reading my last post you will realize I confirm that I want to go my sponsorat NY. But I also have a brother at Virginia whom I wish to lodge with because he has no wife but my uncle ha. I am told I can change my address POE can you decribe how it is done? Sorry ask, are U Ghanaian?

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

At the POE, just tell them you need to update your place where you will be staying and where you will like your welcome letter and greencard to be send to. They will ask for the new address. Just give them your brother's address in Virginia. It does not matter where your port of entry is.

Mepharm reading my last post you will realize I confirm that I want to go my sponsorat NY. But I also have a brother at Virginia whom I wish to lodge with because he has no wife but my uncle ha. I am told I can change my address POE can you decribe how it is done? Sorry ask, are U Ghanaian?

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009

At the POE, just tell them you need to update your place where you will be staying and where you will let your welcome letter and greencard to be send to. They will ask for the new address and just give them your brother's address in Virginia. It does not matter where your port of entry is.

Thanks bro

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009

Administrative Review at the State Department!!!

Hello All,

I am new to this but great palce for information. I have a question: Did anyone get told that the State Department is reviewing the immigrant visa procedures?
My Uncle and his family passposts were taken on Wednesday, 15th April 09 and told to come back for their visas on Friday 17th April 09. When they got there they were told that they could not get thier visas becuase the State Department was reviewing the visa process. They were regular Immigrant Visa cases.
Did any DV 2009 applicants have similar probelms? Thanks for your help.

Hello All,

I am new to this but great palce for information. I have a question: Did anyone get told that the State Department is reviewing the immigrant visa procedures?
My Uncle and his family passposts were taken on Wednesday, 15th April 09 and told to come back for their visas on Friday 17th April 09. When they got there they were told that they could not get thier visas becuase the State Department was reviewing the visa process. They were regular Immigrant Visa cases.
Did any DV 2009 applicants have similar probelms? Thanks for your help.

I have not heard anything yet. Your uncle is not DV immigrant so it may the true for other immigrant visa. Teeman2 is your Uncle in Ghana?

Hi Medpharm thanx for information u r giving to pple.
How is Iowa comapred to Maryland in terms of oppurtunities n education?
Thanx

Nanii, Can you elaborate on your question? Maryland is more metropolitan and greater diversity than Iowa. If your question relates to jobs in the education area, you need to be specific as to the level of education you wish to teach. If your questions relates to attending a university, then all states have abundance of university and/or community college level education system that depending on your grades and area of study interest would depends on which colleges/universities you are admitted.

In comparing the demographics, you are more likely find people of African heritage communities in the Maryland area more than you would find in Iowa state

Hi Medpharm thanx for information u r giving to pple.
How is Iowa comapred to Maryland in terms of oppurtunities n education?
Thanx

Yes, he is in Ghana.

Did they ask your uncle to come for the visa latter or he has been refused after they asked him to come for the visa. was he given a visa collection chit?

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009

Did they ask your uncle to come for the visa latter or he has been refused after they asked him to come for the visa. was he given a visa collection chit?

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009

My Uncle was given the collect chit to come back for his visa but when he showed up, he was told they were not issuing visas because of a state department immigrant visa process review.
My uncle went for a follow up appointment because his medical results were not at the embassy so he was told bring his medical records to the embassy on 15 April 09. He took the results on the 15th and they said everything was fine and collected his passport and give him the visa collection chit to come back on Friday, the 17th. He showed up on the 17th and was given the news described above. It happened to everyone that went for their visas on Friday.
Did this happen in other countries? I called the State Department on Friday but they were gone by the time I called.

My Uncle was given the collect chit to come back for his visa but when he showed up, he was told they were not issuing visas because of a state department immigrant visa process review.
My uncle went for a follow up appointment because his medical results were not at the embassy so he was told bring his medical records to the embassy on 15 April 09. He took the results on the 15th and they said everything was fine and collected his passport and give him the visa collection chit to come back on Friday, the 17th. He showed up on the 17th and was given the news described above. It happened to everyone that went for their visas on Friday.
Did this happen in other countries? I called the State Department on Friday but they were gone by the time I called.

Try and call the us department of state that will help.

Hello House

I need your candid advice,my wife is the primary applicant,she was the one that won,our case number would probably be current in July,we just got married last weekend.I just want to know the latest time we can update KCC about her status so that my name as her husband will be added to her beneficiary .I want my name to come with the second letter .Please do advice me on when to send it.Can KCC still update me when we have receive the second letter only for me wife???Please let me know asap.

John

Hello House

I need your candid advice,my wife is the primary applicant,she was the one that won,our case number would probably be current in July,we just got married last weekend.I just want to know the latest time we can update KCC about her status so that my name as her husband will be added to her beneficiary .I want my name to come with the second letter .Please do advice me on when to send it.Can KCC still update me when we have receive the second letter only for me wife???Please let me know asap.

John

let your wife update KCC about her marriage. She must quote her case number,date of birth and full name.
Caution: The Embassy will verify whether there has been relationship btn the two of you over the years. Make sure you prepare very well
Are you in Ghana?
All the best.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God:)

have you called the department of state? brief us.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009

My visa took that long because i was not having the require documents from mine sponsor. So Memphis which state are you????

Hi Teeman2
How far have you gone with your uncle's issue? tell us something?

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009

Hello,

My Ghanaian friend's friends visa was approved yesterday after she was put on administrative processiing (AP) for verification of documents after her initial interview on March 3rd. All her documents were in order at the initial interview. Therefore I guess the normal operating procedure this year at the USA embassy in Accra appears that a time is needed to process and verify the documents and info provided. So I guess the lesson that people can take from my comment is, if you are not immediate approved on the spot at your first interview since the embassy may need the time to verify info due to the fact that they normally do not start processing your application until you appear at your 1st interview.

I have one question for those whom have received their visa. Is it a normal practice for the embassy to keep your original documents, until you entry at the POE?

Hello,

I have one question for those whom have received their visa. Is it a normal practice for the embassy to keep your original documents, until you entry at the POE?

I hope she will get them when she go for her passport with visa cos documents were also kept except our pictures. And I am very hopeful to get them on Friday.

Medpharm, please comment on Teeman2's issue above if you have any idea.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009

I really do not have any comment on Teeman's issue since he has not shared the nature of the immigrant visa that his uncle was receiving. DV lottery cases usually have clear-cut requirement. That is if a person meet the requirements it is straight forward that the person will likely receive the visa as long as within the fiscal year and their case number becomes current. The other path for immigrant cases are complicated and unique. They are treated individually and thus unless you are truly informed with the background of a particular case it is ill-advise to make any blanket comment

I hope she will get them when she go for her passport with visa cos documents were also kept except our pictures. And I am very hopeful to get them on Friday.

Medpharm, please comment on Teeman2's issue above if you have any idea.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed