• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 winners from Ghana meet here

Visa bulletin for february 2009

For March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,800
Except:
Egypt 16,000
Ethiopia 13,800
Nigeria 9,900

ASIA 13,200 Except:
Bangladesh 10,850

EUROPE 19,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 675
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 850

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4417.html

Hi Guyz, i'm having 2 sponsors.one will financially support me and the other will provides furnished room and feeding. Hope that's ok. I decieded this way cos there's actually no mention of AOS in any of the two letters i recieved from KCC.
I believe your ability to convince the C.O that you're capable of intergrating in the States without federal support,especially now that the economy is in a bad shape.
Kwame Poku, where in Ghana do you live? I'm doing my CP at Frankfurt very soon,and will come to Ghana in January.

Sorry for the delay in responsing to your mail. I'm in Accra, drop an email (kwamepoku77@yahoo.com) in my box with your number when you come to town. hope all is well.

cheers

NEW Affidavit of Support FORM

NEW Affidavit of Support FORM

Purpose of Form : To show that visa applicants have sponsorship and will not become public charges while in the United States. The sponsor must file a separate affidavit for each applicant.

Number of Pages :Form: 2 pages. Instructions: 3 pages.

Edition Date : 10/30/2008. Prior versions are also acceptable.

Filing Fee :
$0.00
Special Instructions :
(NA)

Advance notification of the diversity (dv) immigrant category rank

Sorry Ladies/Gents, It appears that the African Region has come to a halt. Maybe next month will be better

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4427.html

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN APRIL

For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,900
Except: Egypt 17,400
Ethiopia 15,700
Nigeria 9,900

ASIA 17,400
Except: Bangladesh 11,000

EUROPE 20,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 715
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

Last edited by a moderator:
Successful Interview

To God ALONE be ALL GLORY! Had my interview this morning. The Lord was faithful. Was however asked to submit IRS Transcript for 2007.My sponsor sent all docs last year which included IRS Transcript for 2006. Will go back next week wednesday with the required doc.

More details later. Remember If God brings you to it....He would see you THROUGH IT

To God ALONE be ALL GLORY! Had my interview this morning. The Lord was faithful. Was however asked to submit IRS Transcript for 2007.My sponsor sent all docs last year which included IRS Transcript for 2006. Will go back next week wednesday with the required doc.

More details later. Remember If God brings you to it....He would see you THROUGH IT

Congrats Kwame!!! Your details will be great help to my friend.

congrates kwame.Do tell us more,after paying $775 before the interview,do we need pay another money after the visa has been issued?

OUTSIDE
My Appointment was on 12/2/09 at 7:30am. Left home at 5:45am. Arrived at the Embassy at 6: am. Saw a few people waiting patiently to enter the main building. I was not tensed up in anyway. A security guard called us to queue at 7:00am.We were asked to bring out only our appointment letters. He would look at the name on the letter and check his sheet to see whether or not you have an appointment. Phones were collected and kept at a secured place and a number given. You would show the number on your way out and claim phone(s). Envelopes were scanned. We passed through a metal door which also did some checks to make sure all were “clean” .

We entered the main compound and were asked to sit outside for further instructions. 3 minutes later we were all called to enter the main building.

Main Hall
($ rate at Embassy as at 14 Jan – ¢1.3)

We were asked to drop appointment letters at window One (1). A lady then called all DV applicants for brief counseling. She gave us a paper on which we were to indicated our qualification for the programme . you would mark either by education / Work, whether or not you want to be interviewed.

Four people rescheduled their appointment, (2 gentlemen , a lady and a family of 4.The man was the principal applicant. He was not ready financially, dv fee is 775 (¢1007.50). The man was suppose to pay 1007.50 x 4 = GH¢4030. He asked if he could go through the process alone and the rest later. He was told the only way would be for him (Principal applicant) to be interviewed and if successful could leave and later file for the rest of the family to join him, this means the remaining 3 , the wife and two children can migrate to the US NOT on the ticket of DV but normal immigrant application. He was not ok with that so he agreed to rescheduled his appointment to 19th April.

We were called one by one to Window 2. The lady there was nice and very professional. She checked our documents . Below are what she took

1. Police certificate
2. School certificates(High School and Degree)
3. Medical report
4. Affidavit of support
5. Letter from sponsor’s employer
6. Tax returns for 2006
7. I passport picture

Note, only the originals were taken, the photocopies of the above documents, my Jan 2009 pay slip, letter from my employer, etc were given back to me.

I saw a copy of the picture I used to enter the dv lottery itself printed on a white A4 sheet and also the one I sent to KCC.

Was asked to pay 775 and come back with the receipts. I did just that. I also changed my sponsor. About 20 minutes later we were called again for the finger print session. The gentleman was extremely nice and professional.

I witness a couple of funny sceens with those apply for non-immigrant visas. One gentle who was called to a window put the two hands at his back to show respect- he was refused anyway. I witness a number of refusals on the non-immigrant side. We were made to sit with other immigrant applicants not dv.

The Interview
The two dv applicants who went before me were successful, one was however asked to submit a particular document, I didn’t bother to ask.

I was called to window 6. Met a gentleman, he could pass for a Chinese, and a lady, all white. The lady sat at the back witnessing/providing support . I was asked to sign the original forms I sent to KCC after which the interview started

Consular: You have a very good high school grades and you also have a degree from the University of …..bla bla

Me: yes

C: Did you do your thesis?

Me: No, I combined, no need for thesis

C: Did you take more courses in one programme than the other?

Me: No, equal since I was combining two programmes.

C: Mention some of the topics you read in programme A

Me: Bla …..Bla …Bla

C: And programme B

M: Bla …..Bla …Bla

C: Which course in Programme A did you like best?

C: Took one of the courses I mentioned earlier in programme B and asked me to tell him something about it.

M: Bla …..Bla …Bla (fumbled in my delivery , it was something I read long time ago, about 7 years but God made it perfect in their ears)

C: Mention some of the think tanks in the field?

Me: I started with the famous 2, Consular interrupted and said those two are well known and that I should mention others in the field…. I continued Bla...Bla …..Bla …Bla.

C: Please wait a minute, I was going back to my seat but he asked me to wait right there and not go back. He conferred with the lady and I noticed he was writing something on a light blue paper, I really didn’t know its use. To be frank at that point I thought I was not going to make it then he said….well we believe you qualify, congratulations. We would need your sponsor’s Internal Revenue Transcript for 2007. Just ask her to fax it to you. Please come back next week.

The interview lasted for 5 minutes but the wait time! Left there at 10:30am

Wish all who are yet to go the very best. Fear not for God knows His own. It shall be well, that much I can assure you beacuse we serve a LIVING GOD!

Be yourself, they are humans like us, please don't tell lies . Shalom and life to you.

OUTSIDE
My Appointment was on 12/2/09 at 7:30am. Left home at 5:45am. Arrived at the Embassy at 6: am. Saw a few people waiting patiently to enter the main building. I was not tensed up in anyway. A security guard called us to queue at 7:00am.We were asked to bring out only our appointment letters. He would look at the name on the letter and check his sheet to see whether or not you have an appointment. Phones were collected and kept at a secured place and a number given. You would show the number on your way out and claim phone(s). Envelopes were scanned. We passed through a metal door which also did some checks to make sure all were “clean” .

We entered the main compound and were asked to sit outside for further instructions. 3 minutes later we were all called to enter the main building.

Main Hall
($ rate at Embassy as at 14 Jan – ¢1.3)

We were asked to drop appointment letters at window One (1). A lady then called all DV applicants for brief counseling. She gave us a paper on which we were to indicated our qualification for the programme . you would mark either by education / Work, whether or not you want to be interviewed.

Four people rescheduled their appointment, (2 gentlemen , a lady and a family of 4.The man was the principal applicant. He was not ready financially, dv fee is 775 (¢1007.50). The man was suppose to pay 1007.50 x 4 = GH¢4030. He asked if he could go through the process alone and the rest later. He was told the only way would be for him (Principal applicant) to be interviewed and if successful could leave and later file for the rest of the family to join him, this means the remaining 3 , the wife and two children can migrate to the US NOT on the ticket of DV but normal immigrant application. He was not ok with that so he agreed to rescheduled his appointment to 19th April.

We were called one by one to Window 2. The lady there was nice and very professional. She checked our documents . Below are what she took

1. Police certificate
2. School certificate(High School and Degree)
3. Medical report
4. Affidavit of support
5. Letter from sponsor’s employer
6. Tax returns for 2006
7. I passport picture

Note, only the originals were taken, the photocopies of the above documents, my Jan 2009 pay slip, letter from my employer, etc were given back to me.

I saw a copy of the picture I used to enter the dv lottery itself printed on a white A4 sheet and also the one I sent to KCC.

Was asked to pay 775 and come back with the receipts. I did just that. I also changed my sponsor. About 20 minutes later we were called again for the finger print session. The gentleman was extremely nice and professional.

I witness a couple of funny sceens with those apply for non-immigrant visas. One gentle who was called to a window put the two hands at his back to show respect- he was refused anyway. I witness a number of refusals on the non-immigrant side. We were made to sit with other immigrant applicants not dv.

The Interview
The two dv applicants who went before me were successful, one was however asked to submit a particular document, I didn’t bother to ask.

I was called to window 6. Met a gentleman, he could pass for a Chinese, and a lady, all white. The lady sat at the back witnessing/providing support . I was asked to sign the original forms I sent to KCC after which the interview started

Consular: You have a very good high school grades and you also have a degree from the University of …..bla bla

Me: yes

C: Did you do your thesis?

Me: No, I combined, no need for thesis

C: Did you take more courses in one programme than the other?

Me: No, equal since I was combining two programmes.

C: Mentions some of the topics you read in programme A

Me: Bla …..Bla …Bla

C: And programme B

C: Which course in Programme A did you like best?

C: Took one of the courses I mentioned earlier in programme B and asked me to tell him something about it.

M: Bla …..Bla …Bla (fumbled in my delivery , it was something I read long time ago, about 7 years but God made it perfect in their ears)

C: Mention some of the think tanks in the field?

Me: I started with the famous 2, Consular interrupted and said those two are well known and that I should mention others in the field…. I continued Bla...Bla …..Bla …Bla.

C: Please wait a minute, I was going back to my seat but he asked me to wait right there and not go back. He conferred with the lady and I noticed he was writing something on a light blue paper, I really didn’t know its use. To be frank at that point I thought I was not going to make it then he said….well we believe you qualify, congratulations. We would need your sponsor’s Internal Revenue Transcript for 2007. Just ask her to fax it to you. Please come back next week.

The interview lasted for 5 minutes but the wait time! Left there at 10:30am

Wish all who are yet to go the very best. Fear not for God knows His own. It shall be well, that much I can assure you beacuse we serve a LIVING GOD!

Be yourself, they are humans like us, please don't tell lies . Shalom and life to you.

I am a document away from getting the visa after a successful interview 10 days ago. That is what I'm working on now. hope to get it soon

Wish all those attending interviews this week and the days ahead the best! Be STILL & know that He is GOD!

Cheers

I Had a successful first interview on 23/02/09

It went like this (all Kwame has said apply and therefore I will not bore you but give you the peculiars as I am married) C:Councelor M: me
C-good morning
m-good morning
c- sign this for me
m-signed
c- your married, when did you get married?
m-bla bla
c- tell me about your education
m- spoke about all schools attended
c- do you have a child?
m- no but she is pregnant
c - asked my wife to show her stomach said alright and asked "where do you want to give birth, US or Ghana?"
m- It depends on when I get the visa
c- She pulled The blue sheet and said your pictures and certificate sugest you are maried but i still need proof of a relationship beween you and your wife over time.May be you married for the purpose of travelling
m- asked, something like what?
c- The two of you have two months to think about what you can bring
m- ok
c- Bring your wife's birth cert, medicals for the two on 16/04/09
m- thank you
This is just what went on for the interview, not mor than 2 munits

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Prov. 21:31

I Had a successful first interview on 23/02/09

It went like this (all Kwame has said apply and therefore I will not bore you but give you the peculiars as I am married) C:Councelor M: me
C-good morning
m-good morning
c- sign this for me
m-signed
c- your married, when did you get married?
m-bla bla
c- tell me about your education
m- spoke about all schools attended
c- do you have a child?
m- no but she is pregnant
c - asked my wife to show her stomach said alright and asked "where do you want to give birth, US or Ghana?"
m- It depends on when I get the visa
c- She pulled The blue sheet and said your pictures and certificate sugest you are maried but i still need proof of a relationship beween you and your wife over time.May be you married for the purpose of travelling
m- asked, something like what?
c- The two of you have two months to think about what you can bring
m- ok
c- Bring your wife's birth cert, medicals for the two on 16/04/09
m- thank you
This is just what went on for the interview, not mor than 2 munits

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed

Congratulations Vinesoft! Wish you & all dv applicants in Ghana the very best.

God bless

where are the other ghanaian winners?

Thanks Kwame, Same to you. I know we will meet in the us.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed

Hi house
I wish all who will go to the ember this week the best of luck.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

I wish all the best today, Kwame, go for glory, you deserve it

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed

I wish all the best today, Kwame, go for glory, you deserve it

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed

Thanks Vinesoft!

I was asked to submit sponsor’s IRS Transcript for 2007 on 18/2/09 after my first interview on the 12/2/07

Sponsor faxed 2007 tax returns next day. She filed with spouse, total amount was $110 340.

Was told on 18/2/09 I did not bring the right doc. Consular collected 2007 tax returns and requested for the IRS Transcript which I learnt can be obtained directly from local IRS office or W-2(Wage Statement) from sponsor & spouse since they filed jointly to justify amount on tax returns. Was asked to return today, 4th March 2009 at 7:30am

Sponsor faxed all W-2 to me same day (18/2/09). Went to the Embassy this morning with W-2. Met the same consular, she checked all the W-2. She collected my passport and gave me a visa collection sheet (small blue sheet). Was asked to collect visa Friday, 13th.

I will leave in August.

Wish all the best!

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Sent forms by fedex 26/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL
Started police report & Medicals 2/01/09
Collected police report 7/01/09
2nd letter received 10/01/09
Med ready last week in Jan, but collection date was 5/2/09
Successful interview 12/2/09, 2007 IRS Transcript was requested.
Submitted tax returns on 18/2/09, W-2 requested
Submitted W-2 on 4/3/09
W-2 accepted, visa collection date - 13th March
To God Alone be ALL Glory!

He has done it

Thanks Vinesoft!

I was asked to submit sponsor’s IRS Transcript for 2007 on 18/2/09 after my first interview on the 12/2/07

Sponsor faxed 2007 tax returns next day. She filed with spouse, total amount was $110 340.

Was told on 18/2/09 I did not bring the right doc. Consular collected 2007 tax returns and requested for the IRS Transcript which I learnt can be obtained directly from local IRS office or W-2(Wage Statement) from sponsor & spouse since they filed jointly to justify amount on tax returns. Was asked to return today, 4th March 2009 at 7:30am

Sponsor faxed all W-2 to me same day (18/2/09). Went to the Embassy this morning with W-2. Met the same consular, she checked all the W-2. She collected my passport and gave me a visa collection sheet (small blue sheet). Was asked to collect visa Friday, 13th.

I will leave in August.

Wish all the best!

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Sent forms by fedex 26/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL
Started police report & Medicals 2/01/09
Collected police report 7/01/09
2nd letter received 10/01/09
Med ready last week in Jan, but collection date was 5/2/09
Successful interview 12/2/09, 2007 IRS Transcript was requested.
Submitted tax returns on 18/2/09, W-2 requested
Submitted W-2 on 4/3/09
W-2 accepted, visa collection date - 13th March
To God Alone be ALL Glory!

Abamu awie o, Abamu awie o onyame bohye no abamu awieo
I thank God for you Kwame, congratulations

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed

Hello house, can take my green card at one state say New York and decide to live another state say Ohio? Is it also obligatory that I obtain my SSN at where I had my GC. I have resolved to stay with a family member in another state rather than my sponsor in another state.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed