• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 winners from Ghana meet here

just discovered this post

Hi Brothers,
I would like to congratulate everyone on this forum.I presume everyone on this forum is a dv winner.To those who are not yet! i say keep trying.
I am a dv 2009 winner,a Ghanaian and a resident in Germany. I"ll have my CP in Germany.Is there anyone with the same situation like me?

Last edited by a moderator:
highest number of selectees in the world

Hi Guyz,
welcome once again to this forum.I've found out the Ghana will very very soon be in the situation just like Ninger,Egypt and Ethiopia, where Africa is mostly current except these countries.After a carefull study of the privious numbers,i realised that Ghana is gradually climbing high on the DV selectees.As to whether most selected are qualified,i cannot tell. We are the highest in the world this year(2009) and in normal sense we are joining or replacing one of these 3 countries in the "exception" class.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong! All the same i don't think this will be effective this fiscal year.Probably next 2 fiscal years.
This info i believe will help us predict when our CN's will be current.
Let us keep ourselves informed and with God all our efforts will not be in vain.
God Bless us all.

medpharm, is your friend in Ghana(the one you said won the 2009 dv?) Please introduce the person to this forum.

Will get in touch with my sponsor to send everything again next year. With the medicals I called the Akai House people in Osu they told me the medicals is after the 1st interview. All other docs ready left with police report and letter from my employer. Want to take these two a few days to the interview.

Another worry....
I operate two current accounts - salary a/c and the other for savings(it has been ideal for a while, no serious activity on the a/c)
Took a laon with the salary a/c, have two standing orders on it (details below)

Sanding order 1 is loan repayment
Standing order 2 goes into an investment account which is different from the two a/cs above

Would it be prudent to add the salary account which shows my monthly income as well as the deductions for the loan repayment to my docs?

I'm asking this question b'cos i want to present payslip and all a/cs which includes salary a/c.

Waiting....

God bless us all

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Sent forms by fedex 26/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

With the medicals I called the Akai House people in Osu they told me the medicals is after the 1st interview. All other docs ready left with police report and letter from my employer. Want to take these two a few days to the interview.

I will advise that you do and collect your medicals prior to going for your interview. I say this because by delaying it you are only delaying your visa collection date should you meet all the requirements. Keep in mind that DV processing is a tad different from other immigrant visa, in that you will pay the DV visa fee of $775 prior to the actual assessment of your documents for your interview. Thus you gain nothing from waiting to do your medicals after the initial interview. The time you save and the peace of mind you get from presenting all the necessary documents/requirements and getting a decision from the embassy about approval or denial from your first visit far out weighs the $200 - $300 for medicals you will save if you are denied the DV. Therefore in my opinion ignore what you were told by Akai personnel about the medicals, when the time comes and you are ready to do your medicals, just go there and tell them that you need a medical assessment for USA DV completed. Again this is only my opinion

Would it be prudent to add the salary account which shows my monthly income as well as the deductions for the loan repayment to my docs?

I'm asking this question b'cos i want to present payslip and all a/cs which includes salary a/c.

I do not think you need to open another account, especially due to the fact that you will have an affidavit of support. You should be fine with your current accounts plus the affidavit of support from your sponsor.

Grateful for the information. Stay blessed.

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

I am replying a post by Kwame in the Ghana 2008 thread, because I think it would be most useful for the 2009.
Some folks in Nigeria "begrudged" me for saying the affidavit of support is not meant for only couples. Well, from Aug 8 2007 (the date I joined this forum) to Aug 8 2008 (the date I picked my visa), I always visited the Nigerian forum for inspiration and, no doubt, they have been of help. However, remember this is Ghana! The Nigerians talk of applicants being called in the embassy by assigned numbers? In Ghana you are called by your name. I (single) also went to the embassy without a bank statement, only the aos from my sponsor. A friend went there without either of them but the embassy gave him a date to bring only the aos. I thought we were just lucky but a guy who has been entering the lottery for people confirmed that as the usual practice (at least in Ghana). I would simply advise the singles to present both evidence, just as a safety measure.
Those with rather low case numbers, relax. On the interview day you will be asked to provide only your 2nd NL, passport, two passport photos, certificates and the interview fee. You will be given enough time to organize any other document they deem necessary. Nothing wrong with presenting everything on the first day.
I HOPE THEY DON'T CHANGE THEIR PROCEDURE. Goodluck

jorj93, thanks for the information. Could you please share your interview experience with the house? Give us a gist of what goes on there- the kind of questions, did you see any dv applicant who was refused a visa, what was the cause? fill us in man...

dv medicals

All dv winners from ghana to note...

I called all the medical centers listed for the dv test, they all confirmed you could do the medicals before the first interview. It"s a 50/50 game. if your visa is approved - it will only save time if note( I refuse it in JESUS NAME) you lose all the dough:eek:l

Diversity (dv) immigrant category rank cut-offs which will apply in november

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOWthe specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 12,500
Egypt 5,900
Ethiopia 6,300
Nigeria 6,000

ASIA 5,300
EUROPE 11,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 325
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 550

See link below

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4357.html

Hi guys,
I am also ghanaian currently in Malaysia. I am DV2009 winner and God willing I will fly back home to do my CP.My CN is 2009AF000063XX BUT I have still not have my 2nd letter whiles my number is Current in Oct.2008? Can anybody tell me why????
Your comments are welcome.

Hi guys,
I am also ghanaian currently in Malaysia. I am DV2009 winner and God willing I will fly back home to do my CP.My CN is 2009AF000063XX BUT I have still not have my 2nd letter whiles my number is Current in Oct.2008? Can anybody tell me why????

You may send an email or call KCC to see if your interview date has been scheduled.

Hi guys,

You can either call/email KCC on that. Wish you all the best. Just believe

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOWthe specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 12,500
Egypt 5,900
Ethiopia 6,300
Nigeria 6,000

ASIA 5,300
EUROPE 11,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 325
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 550

See link below

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4357.html

WOW!!!! Why the sudden big jump from 6900 to 12500 for AFRICA? This is unusual, can someone please explain this?

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL

hi y'all,
Are there instances KCC has not schedule interview for completed form without mistake? Or feel ungualify?? In short, I mean what are some of the reasons that will prevent KCC from not sending a 2nd letter to a DV winner???

CN#2009AF000063XX
CN# CURRENT IN OCT.

hi y'all,
Are there instances KCC has not schedule interview for completed form without mistake? Or feel ungualify?? In short, I mean what are some of the reasons that will prevent KCC from not sending a 2nd letter to a DV winner???

CN#2009AF000063XX
CN# CURRENT IN OCT.

Sure, if a winner does meet any of the requirements- education/work. (This is my opinion)
If you meet any or all two requirements and have since not received the 2nd NL I strongly advise that you call them. You could ask KCC to send you an email to be taken to the embassy if your date is very close and your sure you will not get the 2NL before your date.

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL
Nothing is impossible where God is...

2009 DV PRAYER FOR GHANA

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalm 121.

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23

Heavenly Father, with my heart full of thanksgiving and my mouth filled with praise I come before you as your child. You O Lord are the possessor of Heaven and Earth. I bow my knees before you and acknowledge you as my King. You are my shield and my defense; My Lord I thank you for making me and other fellow Ghanaians winners of the 2009 DV programme. Father the real battle starts from 1st October, 2008 – 31th September, 2009, this I commit into your HANDS. Father there is no way we can go through all the processes including the INTERVIEW on our own and come out VICTORIOUS that is why we are laying our petition (DV VISA) before your THRONE OF GRACE AND MERCY this moment.

Father the BATTLE IS YOURS NOT OURS! in the name of JESUS WE CAST OUT EVERY SPIRIT OF SHAME, DISGRACE AND DISAPPOINTMENT from our lives. Father, please help us make ready all DV documents and lead each and everyone of us to the embassy for the interview.

Father, WE COME AGAINST ANY SPIRIT OF FEAR IN THE NAME OF JESUS! Cause us to be very calm knowing that you are GOD.

Father, you are our only HOPE that is why we have come before you to see us through. You CLOSED the mouths of LIONS and they could not eat up Daniel. By your power you TURNED the red sea into DRY LAND; you made it POSSIBLE for Abraham and Sarah to have children when it was past the right age for them to have children. My God, out of Abraham came many NATIONS, You answered Hannah’s prayer by opening up her womb and she had children. We are also very much aware of the GREAT AND MIGTHY things you did in Egypt to get your children out of that nation.

You are the same awesome God that we have come to and we BELIEVE you can do same for us. Anoint our heads with oil and fill our mouths with LAUGHTER. Instead of shame, Father give us DOUBLE HONOUR. Cause DOORS that were once closed to OPEN NOW before us IN JESUS NAME.

Father, let no consular overturn our harvest, let your power of LOVE touch their hearts and minds and cause them to be at peace with us when we go for the interview.
Father, this is THE HOUR OF VISITATION AND AMERICA IS NOW NEARER THAN BEFORE, by faith we declare that the HEAVENS ARE OPENED over lives, the devourer is REBUKED, and we receive victory in the NAME OF JESUS.

WE RECEIVE TODAY, THE ANOINTING TO BEGIN, THE ANOINTING TO CONTINUE AND THE ANOINTING TO FINISH. We are fully persuaded that He, who has started a good work in us, will bring it into completion IN JESUS NAME.

We lift up our hands to RECEIVE ALL the BLESSINGS, FAVOURS, MERCIES, GRACE AND VICTORIES FOR THIS SEASON .

ALMIGHTY GOD, WE THANK YOU AND WE CALL IT DONE IN JESUS NAME AMEN….:)

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL
Nothing is impossible where God is...

A friend in uk wants to apply for the 2010 dv but is not eligible.He therefore want me to apply for him in Ghana. can use his address in uk?

A friend in uk wants to apply for the 2010 dv but is not eligible.He therefore want me to apply for him in Ghana. can use his address in uk?

Hi, could you please clarify your question? I am a bit confused.For me if someone is ineligible, that is it, there is nothing one could do about it. Do you mean your friend wants you to apply for him using your Ghanaian address? Of course yes or even the UK address provided he can trust the person who lives there to get the notification letter for me.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

interview date scheduled

You may send an email or call KCC to see if your intervie date has been scheduled.

Thank all of you in the house. I called KCC and was told my case is schedule for interview :eek:in 4 Nov2008.

case# 2009AF000063xx
currently in Malaysia- Asia