• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

2nd NL

Hi,

The fact that one's number becomes current doesn't necessarily mean that one will be automatically scheduled for an interview. One factor that delays it is the time the person submitted his/her form for processing 'cos the forms are processed on first come first served basis.

So if he had submitted late just ask him to cool down, they'll surely schedule a time for him provided nothing is fishy.

Good Luck.

Hi,

2nd NL arrived this morning and confirmed interview for late November08.

Hi 4Real4u

I was wondering what the quotes is all abt. Is it some sort of 'prediction' :) How do we go abt this year's dv lottery. D 3 mins passport i took was so dark. The guy just ruined my beauty sha (e no go work for am).
Any way pls reply ASAP.
Kind rgds

Get u

I was wondering what the quotes is all abt. Is it some sort of 'prediction' :) How do we go abt this year's dv lottery. D 3 mins passport i took was so dark. The guy just ruined my beauty sha (e no go work for am).
Any way pls reply ASAP.
Kind rgds

Hi,

The quote means quoting somebody's earlier statement or say referring to the statement. So when you click it, it will show the person's statement like yours above mine.

Are u a DV2009 winner or you just want to apply for Dv2010?. If you just want to apply see the link below for instructions.

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/T1026V-DV-2010bulletin(3).pdf

For photo validation and application see the link below:

http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

I hope it helps?

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaccinations

hi guys,how is everyone? pls i'd love to get some clarification with respect to vaccinations?what is required from a Nigerian? which diseases are we required to be vaccinated against. is the vaccination to be done anywhere or is it going to be part of the medicals at KAMORASS? a response will be appreciated. Meanwhile, interview experiences aint coming in. whats up guys?

Hello,sorry about that but i will like to know wat and wat he asked you.Are you sure you were denied because of your waec question? Or is it that u did not tell the truth. If i may asked have u ever applied for visa at American embassy before?
Well from the 2008 trend there is someone that has thesame issue, she used an immigration lawyer to protest against there decision on her refusal but she was later granted the visa.
But my advise is for you to contact an immigration lawyer and ask if protest or not.

goodmorning House,
it is rather unfortunate that i am joining this great site today.i got to know about the site through a friend.i had my interview on monday and was denied.the consular asked question concerning my WAEC results.he was asked over 10 definitions in Chemistry,Physics etc[irrespective of the fact that i graduated over 10yrs ago and that i also hold a B.sc Degree.i would like to know if there is a way i could protest the denial or write for a review.i also read from a member who was earlier denied but was later call back...how did he did it?pls...ur suggestions wud be welcomed

Hello,sorry about that but i will like to know wat and wat he asked you.Are you sure you were denied because of your waec question? Or is it that u did not tell the truth. If i may asked have u ever applied for visa at American embassy before?
Well from the 2008 trend there is someone that has thesame issue, she used an immigration lawyer to protest against there decision on her refusal but she was later granted the visa.
But my advise is for you to contact an immigration lawyer and ask if you can protest or not

But my advise is for you to contact an immigration lawyer and ask if you can protest or not

Hello,
Thanks for ur comment.i have previously allied for a student Visa many years ago.i am very sure that i did not lie in my application or during the interview[there was no reason to do that].i will look into the immigration lawyer option.i truly appreciate ur concern.....pls everyone,feel free to say ur views/comments

Hi ALL,
my interview date is fixed for next month.i will like to know how to fill in some missing details on my DS 230 form...like address to stay in the USA and where my SSN should be mailed to.
Tanx

Could you

Hi,

Could you help paste the thread please, to affirm what you just said.

Thanks

Take time

hi guys,how is everyone? pls i'd love to get some clarification with respect to vaccinations?what is required from a Nigerian? which diseases are we required to be vaccinated against. is the vaccination to be done anywhere or is it going to be part of the medicals at KAMORASS? a response will be appreciated. Meanwhile, interview experiences aint coming in. whats up guys?

Hi,

Please, do take your time to go through previous posts. We've spoken on this severally and i pasted some docs on it 2weeks ago, so search and read up.

It's painful to see questions clarified on the forum been asked again and again. It shows some people are not ready to take there time to research into things but rely on others to do it for them.

I hope you're not offended?

Congrats

Hi ALL,
my interview date is fixed for next month.i will like to know how to fill in some missing details on my DS 230 form...like address to stay in the USA and where my SSN should be mailed to.
Tanx

Hi,

Congrats, i'll call you soon.

Enjoy.

Hello All,

I had a successful interview at the US Embassy in Lagos this morning even though I was only married for 2months and 6 days at the time of the interview.

It was pretty straight forward, only two questions:

Consular Officer: When did you get married?

Me: Answer

Consular Officer: Can I see any proof of your relationship?

Me: I showed a few photos spanning our entire relationship, before and after marriage.

Consular Officer: Congrats!

Simple...

Please try to focus on the positive stories and not necessarily the horror stories, every case is unique in itself!

Get your docs right and you'll not have any issues.

Cheers![/QUOTE

congratulations,

please did your wife make use of NPC attestation of birth? if yes was it written in her maiden name or the married name.
thanks

Hello Samko, No we both had our birth certificates. I had only an old photocopy of mine and registration of birth but my wife had her original copy (Good thing our parents kept them well).

Her passport had her married name...

goodmorning House,
it is rather unfortunate that i am joining this great site today.i got to know about the site through a friend.i had my interview on monday and was denied.the consular asked question concerning my WAEC results.he was asked over 10 definitions in Chemistry,Physics etc[irrespective of the fact that i graduated over 10yrs ago and that i also hold a B.sc Degree.i would like to know if there is a way i could protest the denial or write for a review.i also read from a member who was earlier denied but was later call back...how did he did it?pls...ur suggestions wud be welcomed

Destined4usa,
I am sorry I have to contribute late on your
situation.

I've read your positions and that of others, but my take is, is it possible for you to give sequentially how the interview/interaction went between you and the embassy officer? (Check DV 2008 interview reports).
If you can, I believe it will give our older forumites a clearer picture and will be able to give candid advice.

And two, if you once appeared for visa before, were your finger prints taken, was there any nagative and/or otherwise comment(s) then from the officer?

So consider all these, before going to engage a lawyer. However, I wish good luck.
Navigator

Hi,

Please, do take your time to go through previous posts. We've spoken on this severally and i pasted some docs on it 2weeks ago, so search and read up.

It's painful to see questions clarified on the forum been asked again and again. It shows some people are not ready to take there time to research into things but rely on others to do it for them.

I hope you're not offended?

Dear 4real4U
No offence taken :). i actually saw the link u posted. i even downloaded the kamorass med form. my problem is that i saw a very long list of vaccinations,nizatio and a statement requiring applicants to bring along copies of prior medical records, immunization records and prior chest x-rays for the med exam. im a tad confused. do i have to get all those immunizations and x ray before i go for my medicals? please a little patience on ur part will be appreciated. :confused::confused:

Dear 4real4U
No offence taken :). i actually saw the link u posted. i even downloaded the kamorass med form. my problem is that i saw a very long list of vaccinations,nizatio and a statement requiring applicants to bring along copies of prior medical records, immunization records and prior chest x-rays for the med exam. im a tad confused. do i have to get all those immunizations and x ray before i go for my medicals? please a little patience on ur part will be appreciated. :confused::confused:

If you have them go with them but if you dont you dont need them to start your medicals. There are immunization you once in a life time and some you do after a number of months or years and thats why they need to see your past records if you have any. This is what l believe:)

I picked my NL (Case No:2009AF000056XX) from the post office on the 23rd October 2008(2 days ago). I guess it has been lying in the post office for a while because it is dated April 03,2008.

My questions:

1.I hope its not too late to start processing it?

2.Can I return the forms to KCC by courier?

3.My immediate family effected a change of surname in 1996 due to an extended family issue,hence my WAEC results bear a diferernt surname from my degree certificates,I have all the change of name documents. Will this bring any complications?

Please, when is my CN likely to be current for interview?
My CN is 2009AF000056XX.
I picked the NL 2days ago,though dated April 03,2008.
I am yet to return forms to KCC.

I picked my NL (Case No:2009AF000056XX) from the post office on the 23rd October 2008(2 days ago). I guess it has been lying in the post office for a while because it is dated April 03,2008.

My questions:

1.I hope its not too late to start processing it?

2.Can I return the forms to KCC by courier?

3.My immediate family effected a change of surname in 1996 due to an extended family issue,hence my WAEC results bear a diferernt surname from my degree certificates,I have all the change of name documents. Will this bring any complications?

Guy,

You're so lucky and i tell you you're in the right place to get information.

The 1st thing you'll have to do is fill in the form accurately without mincing words but quickly, so that you can return it to KCC by courier early next week. This will enable you get an interview for may be April/May09. Had it been you saw it earlier you would have been preparing for you interview by now 'cos your number is already current for November interview, c the link below. Please, do not 4get to make photocopy of the form for your record purposes.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4371.html

2ndly, i suppose you used the new surname for the DV. If so you shouldn't have a problem so far you have the docs backing the change of name up. I think all you need to do is inform KCC ASAP of the details and get the scanned copy of the docs to them via email before your interview will be scheduled.

To email KCC use kccdv@state.gov

I hope that helps?

Once again congrats and Good Luck.

ok

Dear 4real4U

Hi,

Thanks for not taking offence.

If you check the link below you'll see a chart of Vaccine versus Age. All you need do is trace your age to every vaccine and you'll see yes or no, to tell you which one you'll have to take.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/vaccinechart.html

For your case, i assumed you're an adult (18-64yrs), so you just need MMR and TDAP. I don't know how it's done in Nigeria but i think for the X-ray and general medical check up and even vaccinations you'll have to do everything at Kamorass, unless you see the vaccinations cheaper elsewhere.

So when you're current and you have ur 2nd NL or confirmation via email from KCC if you ask them for the time you're current via email, you can call Kamorass up for an appointment.

I hope it helps?

Good Luck