• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Hello , I will like to know if i need to fill the space of a Petitioner on the Ds 230 part 11 form , please i need an urgent reply am worried because i did not fill it , i only wrote N/A

Hello , I will like to know if i need to fill the space of a Petitioner on the Ds 230 part 11 form , please i need an urgent reply am worried because i did not fill it , i only wrote N/A

Yes, the Petitioner is the name of the person who was designated as the winner of DV and therefore received the letter from KCC. That person's name is the one you need to write under that section. I hope this help answr your question

Just contact KCC and advise them that you have mistakenly forgot to write in the petitioner name, and if they can please make the necessary note your application. On the day of your interview I will advise that yoiu have the copy of the original form that you submitted to KCC. Most likely on the day of the interview they will ask you to complete the form appropriately.

Just contact KCC and advise them that you have mistakenly forgot to write in the petitioner name, and if they can please make the necessary note your application. On the day of your interview I will advise that yoiu have the copy of the original form that you submitted to KCC. Most likely on the day of the interview they will ask you to complete the form appropriately.

I did a similar error when filling the form for my wife. I filled her name in stead of mine. Then I send an e-mail to KCC explaining the error made and requesting to update the information. I got an auto reply for the receipt of th e mail.

Congrats to all who's received there visas and to those already in the state. We're coming behind you and keep praying for us all. The visa bulletin coming out this month, which 2months will it cover and when is it going to come out?

Could we start guessing the cut-off numbers for DV2009?

My guess for Oct. Cut off

Using the statistics below i’ll guess the cut off for Africa would be around 7000+ and Nigeria 5000+. I think the higher the winners notified and the Nigeria/Africa winners notified the lower the cut off, so the higher the winners notified and the lower the Nigeria/Africa winners notified the higher the cut off.

Anyways, that’s just my own calculations/observations, please don't judge me.

DV2007
Winners Notified: 82,000
Winners from Africa: 44,219
Winners from Nigeria: 9,849
Oct. Cut off No Africa Winners: 5,700
Oct. Cut off No Nigeria Winners: 2,700

DV2008
Winners Notified: 96,000
Winners from Africa: 67,694
Winners from Nigeria: 8,773
Oct. Cut off No Africa Winners: 6,700
Oct. Cut off No Nigeria Winners: 4,700

DV2009
Winners Notified: 99,600
Winners from Africa: 54,395
Winners from Nigeria: 6,041
Oct. Cut off No Africa Winners: 7,000+
Oct. Cut off No Nigeria Winners: 5,471+

September Bulletin-Cut-off Numbers for October 2008

DV2009 winners, this for you.

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 6,900
Egypt 3,100
Ethiopia 3,600
Nigeria 3,350
ASIA 2,900 EUROPE 6,600 NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2 OCEANIA 200 SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 375

Nice one

Nice one, i was almost right though, for the africa winners. People like Ogulism should start getting there docs 2gether now. FOTT do you fall into the cut-off if so start preparing 2. God will go b4 you guys to prepare a good ground.

Please, do not hesitate to ask the house for any questions or any clarification on time.

Good Luck.

Interview for october is for DV-2009.

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 6,900 Egypt 3,100
Ethiopia 3,600
Nigeria 3,350
ASIA 2,900
EUROPE 6,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 200
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 375

Please help me out !!!!!!!!!!!!Its urgent

Hello everybody,
I am a DV 2009 winner.I have 2 issues that have been giving me sleepless nights concerning my case.

1. I made a mistake on my form DS-230, i filled in the wrong DOB ( 1982 ) but i actually played the lottery with 1980.After noticing this mistake,i called KCC and i was instructed to fill a new Form DS-230 with all the correct info and attach a small note stating that there was a mistake in my first form.I have filled the new Form and sent it back to KCC using fedex about 2 months ago.
I want to know if this would pose any problems for me during my interview.Please help me out with any advice u can give me .

2.Secondly,i have lost my original waec certificate.I went to WAEC office to get a new one but i was told that it can only be issued once.I was palnning on going with the statement of result from my secondary school and a WAEC scratch card on the day of my interview.I would also get an affidavit stating that my original certificate is missing. Please let me know what you think and if u have any other suggestion for me.

Thanks. Please respond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everybody,
I am a DV 2009 winner.I have 2 issues that have been giving me sleepless nights concerning my case.

1. I made a mistake on my form DS-230, i filled in the wrong DOB ( 1982 ) but i actually played the lottery with 1980.After noticing this mistake,i called KCC and i was instructed to fill a new Form DS-230 with all the correct info and attach a small note stating that there was a mistake in my first form.I have filled the new Form and sent it back to KCC using fedex about 2 months ago.
I want to know if this would pose any problems for me during my interview.Please help me out with any advice u can give me .

This should not be a problem if your actual DOB is 1980, and you have a legal birth certificate to prove it.

2.Secondly,i have lost my original waec certificate.I went to WAEC office to get a new one but i was told that it can only be issued once.I was palnning on going with the statement of result from my secondary school and a WAEC scratch card on the day of my interview.I would also get an affidavit stating that my original certificate is missing. Please let me know what you think and if u have any other suggestion for me.

I believe with the WAEC scratchcard and your secondary school results and you attesting to the fact that you have missplace your WAEC certifcate you should not have any issues. It does appear that to combat fraud the embassy is requiring scratchcards to verify WAEC results anyway so you should be good.

I think you know the solutions to the problems

Hello everybody,

Thanks. Please respond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy, you're so lucky, you have a very low number. As per your questions i think you know the solutions already so you should be fine. I think so far you have a original birth certificate that shows your actual birth day, things will be fine. As per your WAEC, just go with the statement of result and scratch card for the verification online.

Meanwhile, one thing you'll have to find out or which any of the older member of the house can help with is will you have to get the NPC birth affidavit coupled with your original birth certificate or not. Can somebody answer that please?

Thanks

Thanks 4real4u, i was worried that the consular might make refernece to my old form with the mistake and that might hinder my chances.I feel more comfortable now with your contribution.Lets hope for the best.God is in control.