• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

u were not selected for further processing becuase u are a working class and all your past employment history means nothing in the US, just focus on your educational qualification(s) and know how to defend it, that's what matters.
Success wishes!!!

pls, kindly read d questns ask again and again b4 u start 2 advice.
u can only b qualified 4 dv lottery by two means ur educatn or ur working experience, so if ur working experience is not important in USA why will they request 4 it in the form.
pls read and understanding d questions again and again b4 gven advice so that we will be confusing eachother more and more. God bless us all amen.

yes u do need to provide the form I-134.that is the affidavit of support.since u re fortunate enough to have some one there who can accomodate u for sometime,just tell that person to fill that form and send it to you.wish u well n hope this would be of some help

Hi, thanks for your reply. I will contact the person as you said.

bye.

Hi,
Please am confused with something which i will be very grateful if you can make it clear to me.
I went through this information which goes like this:

" At the interview other than the normal requirements they will be required to proof their successfully completed high school education certificate and a sponsor's guarantee in the form of a signed I-134 Affidavit of support from a US citizen or from a PR holder in the USA. "

I understood the high school education certificate aspect and i have that with me now. But i don't know anything about the sponsor's guarantee, do i need a sponsor again.
if u are SINGLE? u don't need it, all u need is just fill in d name and address of d person u will be staying in d state BUT if u are married u need it b'cos of ur family.
as 4 d school, all need ur ssce and ur current highest cert. be it national diploma ND, HND or B.sc.
just relax God is in control

Hi,
Please am confused with something which i will be very grateful if you can make it clear to me.
I went through this information which goes like this:

" At the interview other than the normal requirements they will be required to proof their successfully completed high school education certificate and a sponsor's guarantee in the form of a signed I-134 Affidavit of support from a US citizen or from a PR holder in the USA. "

I understood the high school education certificate aspect and i have that with me now. But i don't know anything about the sponsor's guarantee, do i need a sponsor again.
if u are SINGLE? u don't need it, all u need is just fill in d name and address of d person u will be staying in d state BUT if u are married u need it b'cos of ur family.
as 4 d school, all need ur ssce and ur current highest cert. be it national diploma ND, HND or B.sc.
just relax God is in control

Wow,
thanks very much for this reply of yours, it really relax my mind. I have been thinking of how to get that again and my interview date is july 29 which i think it will be too late for me. But all is fine because am still single and u said i don't need it if am a single.

Thanks very much for that.

Cheers bye.

Wow,
thanks very much for this reply of yours, it really relax my mind. I have been thinking of how to get that again and my interview date is july 29 which i think it will be too late for me. But all is fine because am still single and u said i don't need it if am a single.

Thanks very much for that.

Cheers bye.

u are welcome, am only just helping out. gud luck wit ur interview. we are waiting 4ur testimony and ur experience wit d c.o.

Hello All,
I need a little info from the house, i hear the dollar rate in the black market has fallen drastically, how true is this?? A friend told me he did a change in the black market on thursday for N155 Any info? Cos if this is true one may start planning on paying the interview fee in dollars cos that could be cheaper.

dv 2009

Hello you guys, just joined this forum, my interview is on the 13th of august in london, I've not been asked to provide an affidavit of support, does anyone know why?

Hello you guys, just joined this forum, my interview is on the 13th of august in london, I've not been asked to provide an affidavit of support, does anyone know why?

Its not a must but if u have one, you can go with it. They might ask you how u expect to live in the US, so it depends on what you tell them.
But u wont be denied because of Sponsorship.

All the best!

is it necessary for us to wear a suit to the interview?

Onowakpo, who told you you'd have to wear a suit to the interview ? That's not neccessary. Just go there in whatever outfit you deem fit, be it traditional African attire, casual wear or something corporate, as long as you look neat & decent. You're not going out there to impress anybody, it's not some beauty contest or a fashion show. Just be yourself.

It's not required to wear a suit to the interview. But having it makes you look more professional. If not suit, try to wear semi formal office wear. Try to avoid jeans, shorts, slippers, etc.

Good Luck.

Suit, native or casual

Nothing in the DV lottery compels anybody to dress in anyway, but there is something in us that is unique that no dress type no matter how expensive can cover up which is our personality and character,whenever it is our turn to be interview let us go there in something that will enhance our personality and brings out our character,be it suits,native or casual and please let us NOT go there NAKED.::D:D

hey!!

pls, kindly read d questns ask again and again b4 u start 2 advice.
u can only b qualified 4 dv lottery by two means ur educatn or ur working experience, so if ur working experience is not important in USA why will they request 4 it in the form.
pls read and understanding d questions again and again b4 gven advice so that we will be confusing eachother more and more. God bless us all amen.

i still maintain that even if one applied as a working class, he does not need any docs to show that during his/her interview.PERIOD
I GOT WHAT U WERE TRYNA SAY PERFECTLY OK. Mr!

Last edited by a moderator:
i still maintain that even if one applied as a working class, he does not need any docs to show that during his/her interview.PERIOD
I GOT WHAT U WERE TRYNA SAY PERFECTLY OK. Mr!

oga, am not talking about any document 4 interview as a worker. so what are saying?

NUCLEUS congrats for successful interview.Of course this is a threshold of another beginning in your life.God will you see you through in the states.Thanks for your details would be very helpful to me next year by the Grace of GOD.

NUCLEUS congrats for successful interview.Of course this is a threshold of another beginning in your life.God will you see you through in the states.Thanks for your details would be very helpful to me next year by the Grace of GOD.

ur time and ur gud news shall surely come to past in jesus name. amen. dis time nxt year gud testimony shall come forth frm u and everymember of this thread. amen