• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hey Guys,

More progress in my case...card production ordered, I don't know how long i need to wait more?

If you go to the USCIS website, they are saying it might take up to 8 weeks to get the cards becuase they are upgrading the equipment they use to make them. They also give instructions on how to proceed if you need to use your new status right away.

Is there anyone whose online status changed at the time of receiving the interview letter or at least few days before receiving it (maybe it changes to something like a notification of sending an interview letter)?

I just wanna know if I can see online that my interview is scheduled, so I can keep checking ....

Thank you

AoS in MN !!

anyone else waiting for interview at the MN-SPM office?

and in general, is it only the PA get the interview notice or all in family get notice separately for one and the same intvw date/time?

Thanks

Is there anyone whose online status changed at the time of receiving the interview letter or at least few days before receiving it (maybe it changes to something like a notification of sending an interview letter)?

I just wanna know if I can see online that my interview is scheduled, so I can keep checking ....

Thank you

Hi,
Sorry but to tell you that they don't change the online status for the interview letter... Some people get their green card and the online status would not have changed.

rabie80
The reason your're not getting the interview letter is because your number is not current yet. The USCIS has taken your application early but that doesn't mean that they will process it otherwise they won't be any reason to have the case numbers.
Hang in there!!

is it only the PA get the interview notice or all in family get notice separately for one and the same intvw date/time?
Every family member (I-485 applicant) receives a notice; the date is the same, the time may be different. In most cases all the papers come in the mail together.

Interview letter

Every family member (I-485 applicant) receives a notice; the date is the same, the time may be different. In most cases all the papers come in the mail together.

Just curious...... What does an interview letter look like and what does the letter say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious...... What does an interview letter look like and what does the letter say?

It's just a plain white letter indicating the time/date/place of interview, and lists what you should bring with you (government issued Id and papers concerning your case).

thank you totosh and imados

imados, it seems like your number is current this month. Please let me know whenever u receive your interview letter.

thank you totosh and imados

imados, it seems like your number is current this month. Please let me know whenever u receive your interview letter.

USCIS did not cash the checks yet.
I will be updating my signature as there is progress in the case.

Hello everyone,

I received a plain white paper from local office (not signed by the officer and similar to what Totosh explained about interview letter in his reply to Jamal) asking me to come to the local office with all submitted documents. The scheduled date is July 24.

The process is so long and tortuous.. I never thought it would be for the lottery cases like ours.

thanks

Hi Kathmandunp,

If the visa bulletin is showing that your number is going to be current in July then just go ahead and mail it to Lockbox.
I did read somewhere in earlier posts that there was a possibility of getting it sent back, but most people were ok. I followed JohnKent's advice, who did the same thing last year, and he was ok too.

Good luck!

I sure did that last yr and i was okay

Hello everyone,

I received a plain white paper from local office (not signed by the officer and similar to what Totosh explained about interview letter in his reply to Jamal) asking me to come to the local office with all submitted documents. The scheduled date is July 24.

The process is so long and tortuous.. I never thought it would be for the lottery cases like ours.

thanks

Nothing involving USCIS is straight forward buddy

Interview Letter

Hello everyone,

thanks

Alhamdulilliah....At last we have got our interview letter for june 22nd. It says I have to bring attached documents but there was no attachment. Any idea guys?

What are the documents should I take with me?

Thanks.

Alhamdulilliah....At last we have got our interview letter for june 22nd. It says I have to bring attached documents but there was no attachment. Any idea guys?

What are the documents should I take with me?

Thanks.

I am assuming they mean the originals of all documents that you submitted with your 485; that's what I did: I took all the original documents + passport (with I-94)+ interview letter, and the interview lasted about 20 minutes.
Don't worry, inshallah everything is going to be fine :)

Hi, Thank you guys, I hope you will get your green cards very soon.

My interview was very nice. I took all the original documents, passport, I-94,interview letter, and all copies of all the documents I submitted to the interview. But the officer said that the documents we submitted to Chicago were enough. He didn't even asked for the originals to check. After that, he went over every single part of the 485 document and checked our answers. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. He then congratulated us and said that he would approve our case later after he talked to the supervisor. He said we'll hear from him in 6 days to 6 weeks. We saw the "Card production ordered" sentence after 45 days. We're still waiting for the green cards. Hope to get them very soon. This is my interview experience.

Good luck to all and thanks again.

Hi GChope7,
Can you please post your interview experience?

THanks.

Congratulations totosh and GChope07!

Is anybody going to have their interview at the NYC local office? People who are still in the process?