• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hi,

We had sent DV fee totalling $750 for 2 persons with Postal money order drawn in the name of Dept of States. We had sent that by USPS priority mail. Unfortunately, instead of the receipt, we received what we had sent with a covering letter from KCC asking us to see the information packet and resend the correct amount. It totally puzzled us as we received that back twice. We called KCC afterward and after talking to them we were more puzzled. The incident turned out to be an unsolved mystery for us. They could not tell us what was the problem. The amount as well as the address was perfectly OK. So we decided to go for cashier check and sent that by overnight express USPS service yesterday. Hope this time nothing goes wrong at DOS, St. Louis.

Thanks
Soms

Hello Soms

Did your last tried to pay the fee finally went ok? How long it took this time (Missouri) to cash the check? Did you get your receipt back fast?

At the time, when the checks were rejected, did you already send the forms back to kcc?

Thank you.

Hello Soms

Did your last tried to pay the fee finally went ok? How long it took this time (Missouri) to cash the check? Did you get your receipt back fast?

At the time, when the checks were rejected, did you already send the forms back to kcc?

Thank you.

Yeah it was ok after the failure of two attempts and we received the receipt for it in the normal time frame. We also sent the doc. prior to the first payment to DOS.Of course, we switched the money order to cashier's cheque and it worked out. Please refer to my previous updates for the time frame.

Medical results question

Sorry for the dumb question but once you have the results of your medical do you just present these at your interview or should you post them to USCIS?

I have submitted the adjustment of status forms, paid $1,010 to USCIS, paid $375 to the Department of State and had my biometrics done.

I just got the medical results and not sure if I should just hold on to them and hand them over at the interview or if they need to be posted in.

Thanks

Sorry for the dumb question but once you have the results of your medical do you just present these at your interview or should you post them to USCIS?

I have submitted the adjustment of status forms, paid $1,010 to USCIS, paid $375 to the Department of State and had my biometrics done.

I just got the medical results and not sure if I should just hold on to them and hand them over at the interview or if they need to be posted in.

Thanks

You should have included the sealed medical examination report along with the other documents sent to USCIS in your adjustment of status application (see Instructions for I-485, Section 7,A,i)

They will probably send you an RFE requesting you to submit that report. You should contact USCIS right away and ask them where to send the medical examination so you do not lose valuable time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I contacted USCIS twice today asking how I could add my medical results to my application. Unfortunately I got different answers.

The first person told me I can mail it in or opt to hand it over at the appointment.

The second person told me the only thing I can do is to wait for a Request for Evidence and then respond to that request.

Thanks I contacted USCIS twice today asking how I could add my medical results to my application. Unfortunately I got different answers.

The first person told me I can mail it in or opt to hand it over at the appointment.

The second person told me the only thing I can do is to wait for a Request for Evidence and then respond to that request.

:confused: Why is not a big surprise that USCIS cannot provide a single, straight answer.

hi brothers should we fill up exactly the form which we got in the white envelope or we can download the same edition of form from state department website and print all the answers and send it to kcc. plz answer.

hi brothers should we fill up exactly the form which we got in the white envelope or we can download the same edition of form from state department website and print all the answers and send it to kcc. plz answer.

You can do whatever you want as long as it can be read.
In my case I downloaded the forms and used the computer to fill it out because my hand writing is not that good.
So, it is up to you.

You can do whatever you want as long as it can be read.
In my case I downloaded the forms and used the computer to fill it out because my hand writing is not that good.
So, it is up to you.

Just make sure the form you download is the latest version. Some downloads from some websites are the older versions, unless you are downloading it from the USCIS website.

The reaason for the 2 answers might be that there might be confusion within the agency as to what to do with the medical form. When I was preparing to send my AOS package, I went for an infopass appointment and they gave me a paper with a breakdown of what documents are needed, and the address to send the package to. On that paper it says to hold onto the medicals until the interview but on the I-485 form it says to send it in. So what I would do is wait for an RFE coz you might send it now and they misplace it which could cost you more money and time than waiting. Just my thoughts.

Thanks nlhanhla,

I knew there was a reason I didn't send the forms in at the time - I definitely read something that implied I should hold on to the medical results until the interview.

I just hope I get a Request for Evidence soon so I can respond to it.

EDIT: I actually obtained 2 additional copies of the sealed medical envelopes, posted one to USCIS just then (the same address all the other Adjustment of Status forms went to in Chicago) and now I have 2 spares just in case I get a Request for Evidence and I can still take one to the interview. Hopefully all bases are covered now.

Hello everybody,
I have a question and perhaps someone can help me out a bit. I'm under H1B and my visa expires in august. I will do all my paper work this month to renew it with the same employer. On the other hand, hopefully my DV2010 case number will be current in november this year (according to previous Visa Bulletins) Now this is my question, Do you think is a good idea to pay for Premium Processing for my H1b renewal so this case would be already appoved before I file my AOS in November or when my case is current?
P.S the problem is that I heard H1b renewals may take up to eight months to be approved. So is it a good idea to have this case pending by the time I file my AOS?
Thank you very much to all who can share with me your thoughts about this

ANY 2009 DV winner w/low CN that got GC already?

If there is any one who has a low 2009 CN and got their GC already. Please post your experience and brief case status/order.

I am a 2010 DV winner and have been searching for past winners of 09 with low numbers.

THANK YOU

PLEASE post your case if low number and refer me to anyone who fits the description: low numbers w/ GC already.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

PLEASE visist us at 2010 AOS only thread!!!!!! We want to meet you!!!!

GOD BLESS

Hello everybody,
I have a question and perhaps someone can help me out a bit. I'm under H1B and my visa expires in august. I will do all my paper work this month to renew it with the same employer. On the other hand, hopefully my DV2010 case number will be current in november this year (according to previous Visa Bulletins) Now this is my question, Do you think is a good idea to pay for Premium Processing for my H1b renewal so this case would be already appoved before I file my AOS in November or when my case is current?
P.S the problem is that I heard H1b renewals may take up to eight months to be approved. So is it a good idea to have this case pending by the time I file my AOS?
Thank you very much to all who can share with me your thoughts about this

Hi VZLA,
I was in a situation almost similar to yours. Anyway, the only reason you would want to drop $1000 for premium processing is if you were in a real time crunch. Right now you know that your H1 expires in August, so why don't you apply for the extension now and avoid using premium processing. Thats what I did.

LO Reveiws

USCIS Local Office reviews

Thought this may be useful to ppl to get some idea of local offices.

www[dot] visajourney [dot] com/reviews/index.php

I have seen different resposes to the Police certificate question. But does anyone know for sure whether I have to include a police certificate for my home country and current place on residence in the US when filing AOS? Please help!

hi should I staple the photo with the forms or only put that in the envelope .and with which form i should staple the photo? plz reply guies