• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hi Guys I got my interview today.........First he asked my police clearance letter which is I didn't get it or submit it before......

Congratulations !! that was smooth.

I got a Q...what is the "police clearance" letter for AoS?
can you pl explain.

Thanx

It is a kind of criminal record.I live in USA more than 5 years that's why they want it from my residing address jurisdiction county court.RFE says for last 5 years.I think it is a kind of back ground check from your local police department.

I got mine from my local county court that it was easy.

Congratulations !! that was smooth.

I got a Q...what is the "police clearance" letter for AoS?
can you pl explain.

Thanx

hi i've got the NL of DV 2010 But got confused about few things . plz help me out solving these......

1.I'm single and received the white envelope on my name and I'm not residing in the USA.
so should I feel up only form DS -230 part1& 2 or both DS-230 and DSP-122?

2.I'm single and got the letter on my name so I've to feel-up a single copy of the forms (i e: only for me) or every members of my family(i e: 1 copy each for my mother,father & brother)?

3. Should I feel-up the forms by hand writing or I have to print the answers of each questions and then only put the signature by my hand?

4.should I send only my photo or each member of my family?

Please help me out brothers coz I've very little idea about the forms & English .And I'm staying in some part of the earth where I'll have none to help me. so please help.please write to :

metroloy@yahoo.com

1.i filled up only 122.In your case you should fill both.
2.just for you because of you won.Your dependants are your spouse and kids, if you have them.
3.i filled up on computer but i think doesn't matter.
4.Only your photo.

hi i've got the NL of DV 2010 But got confused about few things . plz help me out solving these......

1.I'm single and received the white envelope on my name and I'm not residing in the USA.

2.I'm single and got the letter on my name so I've to feel-up a single copy of the forms (i e: only for me) or every members of my family(i e: 1 copy each for my mother,father & brother)?

3. Should I feel-up the forms by hand writing or I have to print the answers of each questions and then only put the signature by my hand?

Please help me out brothers coz I've very little idea about the forms & English .And I'm staying in some part of the earth where I'll have none to help me. so please help.please write to :

metroloy@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys I got my interview today....

Congratulations Mikkaha !!!!! It is the first time I hear that they are asking for "Police Certificate", I thought it was very clear that police certificates are only needed for CP but not for AOS, that's so weird !!!! They don't even have this on their "list of accompanying documents on the I-485". Was this officer young or inexperienced ???

Hi

You are right matutelandia.He was not young but probably he was new.I don't think I needed Police Certificate for AOS.

And thanks Matutelandia, Dfdo and Samsuner for response to my post.

Congratulations Mikkaha !!!!! It is the first time I hear that they are asking for "Police Certificate", I thought it was very clear that police certificates are only needed for CP but not for AOS, that's so weird !!!! They don't even have this on their "list of accompanying documents on the I-485". Was this officer young or inexperienced ???

AoS in MN

Anyone doing DV AoS in Bloomington, MN field office?
(or already done, this or prior years?)

Thanks !

thanks MIKKAHA FOR UR HELP

1.i filled up only 122.In your case you should fill both.
2.just for you because of you won.Your dependants are your spouse and kids, if you have them.
3.i filled up on computer but i think doesn't matter.
4.Only your photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroloy View Post

metroloy@yahoo.com

Hello

hello people this is biruk, i got dv win for 2009 with a case number AF00021*** but i am not sure if i got my second mail. can some body tell me how mach i have to be sure? here is my mail addres for some details

bkzi82@yahoo.com

hello people this is biruk, i got dv win for 2009 with a case number AF00021*** but i am not sure if i got my second mail. can some body tell me how mach i have to be sure? here is my mail addres for some details

bkzi82@yahoo.com

Try calling the telephone number on the forms for the Kentucky Consular Center. They will tell you what to do.

bkzi82@yahoo.com

Your number was current in january. if you did not send your AOS app yet, Go ahead and do the medical exams and send the AOS application to USCIS as soon as possible. You should receive a biometrics letters right away and you should receive an interview letter within a month. Do not just wait...

I am doing AOS in MN. Our case is stuck even though name check is cleared.

Jama_55406, could you tell me how you know that your name is cleared? Since when your case in your local office?

And if your name is cleared why they don't call you for an interview?

Thank you.

I used to be samoi99 but lost the password.

I am doing AOS in MN. Our case is stuck even though name check is cleared.

Wow, it seems u r waiting for interview from Jan. ?
i believe Lure_27 is waiting from Dec. !!, what's wrong with MSP field office? anyone else have 1st hand experience with this office?
My # is current this month....should have done CP , but broke to spend big $$ to get back home with a 'big' family of 5 !!

oh well....we'll see

Jama_55406, could you tell me how you know that your name is cleared? Since when your case in your local office?

And if your name is cleared why they don't call you for an interview?

Thank you.

I used to be samoi99 but lost the password.

His past postings suggest that he had done an infopass at that office, so he must have learned that at that time

Hi,
Please can someone help me. Please forgive me because I've seen this posted so many times but my number wasn't yet current so I kept thinking that I'll be able to find it when I need it but now I can't find it. Please can someone post the list of documents (and the order) they submitted to Chicago Lockbox.

Many thanks.

AoS Interview Letter

Does a family get only one interview notification letter or each member get individual notifications?
and the letter/s come from MSC or the field office?
can someone pl give the info?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
asking for help, I m wondering what documents have to send for aos to Chicago?
so far I know I have to send 485 and G 325.
should submit my picture as well and some other forms?

Congratulations to mikkaha!

Was hesitating to post the list of documents, because it's very long, but here it is (cover letter with list):

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Re: Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) of ________ , a winner of the DV2009, case number DV2009EU000223xx

Dear Sir or Madam:

In support of the referenced petition and application, I am enclosing the following:

1. Completed and signed form I-485;
2. Completed and signed I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) plus two identical color photographs (2" x 2");
3. Completed and signed I-693 (Medical Examination for Alien seeking AOS) in sealed envelope and a copy;
4. Completed and signed G-325A (Biometric Information)
5 . Filling Fee of $1010 for I-485 and Biometrics as a personal check;
6. Two sets of two identical color photographs (2” x 2”) (total of four photographs);
7. Photocopy of DV2009 Notification letter, bar code page, DS122 acknowledgment letter, and receipt showing payment to the DOS for Diversity Immigration processing fee;
8. Evidence of maintaining non-immigrant status, consisting of:
a. Photocopies of all 8 subsequent I-20 forms
b. Photocopies of 2 OPT cards
c. Two letters of good standing, from ________ College and from ________ CC
9. Photocopy of government issued Birth Certificate, plus its corresponding English certified and notarized translation;
10. Affidavit of Support, consisting of:
a. Completed, signed and notarized form I-134
b. Photocopy of the tax return form 1040 of the sponsor to prove sufficient income
c. Five recent pay-stubs of the sponsor to prove sufficient income
11. Evidence of sufficient income of the applicant, consisting of:
a. Letter of employment
b. Photocopies of tax return forms 1040 for year 2008 and 2007
12. Evidence of required education consisting of:
a. Photocopy of Diploma from ________ College (Bachelors of Arts)
b. Official transcript from ________ College
c. Photocopy of Diploma from ________ CC (Associates of Arts)
d. Official transcript from ________ CC
e. Photocopy of transcript from ________ (Certificate), plus its corresponding English certified and notarized translation
f. Photocopy of High school diploma, plus its corresponding English certified and notarized translation
13. Police and court clearance, consisting of:
a. Letter of Good Conduct from ________ Police Department (current State of residency)
b. Record of Clearance from ________ Police Department (previous State of residency)
c. Record of Clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation, (home country), plus its corresponding English certified and notarized translation
d. Record of Clearance from ________ Regional Court, (home country), plus its corresponding English certified and notarized translation
14. Photocopy of I-94;
15. Photocopies of Passport consisting of:
a. Identity page of current passport
b. Identity pages of two previous subsequent passports
c. U.S. nonimmigrant visas
16. Photocopy of Social Security card
17. Photocopy of Compulsory Military Service record, plus its corresponding English certified and notarized translation