• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

$375 fee to DoS

Can someone please advise me about the $375 DoS fee?

At first I didn't think it applied to me given what was in the first notification letter. I don't even see any mention of it in the document - like who it applies to, or the payment methods or the address to post it to. I paid $1,010 to USCIS in Chicago when I sent in my AOS packet.

How do I pay the $375 fee to DoS? Can anyone provide me with instructions?

Thanks again.

Can someone please advise me about the $375 DoS fee?

At first I didn't think it applied to me given what was in the first notification letter. I don't even see any mention of it in the document - like who it applies to, or the payment methods or the address to post it to. I paid $1,010 to USCIS in Chicago when I sent in my AOS packet.

Thanks again.

To pay the $375 fee to DOS, use the form included in you first KCC notification letter (page that says "adjustment of status fee payment") fill out that form and send it to:

US Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
PO Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

However, many people sent the payment to DOS before they start AOS (usually they include the payment receipt in the AOS application, i dont know if we should do that or not.)

I did not pay DOS before USCIS either, i hope that would be ok, but i m gonna send the copy of the receipt to USCIS so they can add it to my case. make sure to show the original receipt when u go fo interview

Last edited by a moderator:
All the instructions you need can be found in the first letter from KCC. As for the time of DOS payment (before or after filing i-485), why recreate wheels? There are quite a few samples of AOS package cover pages at this forum and elsewhere, showing that people included the receipt. And these people have green cards now, so I would rather go the secure way and avoid experiments...

Interview notice received

We received our interview letters yesterday :D Almost two weeks after we had the biometrics appointment. The interview is scheduled for the fourth week of June.

Congrats Jarev,

You have passed one more hurdle. By the way, where is your local USCIS office?

Soms

We received our interview letters yesterday :D Almost two weeks after we had the biometrics appointment. The interview is scheduled for the fourth week of June.

to everyone who completed their interview

Hey Guys,

Does the Last Updated Date changes for you guys after interview is completed? I am not seeing any changes so far.

Thanks.

DVWinner09

Our interview was at 7.45am on May 13th & I received email update from CRIS that same evening at 6.30pm saying "Card Production Ordered".
Our status had not been updated since March 17th..

HI guys,
I am sorry for interrupting. I really needs your helps.
my interview get closer and my second notification letter indicate that i have to submit:

1. Checklist for Immigrant Visa Applicants( please ensure that the address and phone # that you list on this form is complete and accurate.).

2. Form DS-230 Parts I and II.

my questions are

1. what is the "Checklist for Immigrant Visa Applicants"
2. i already submit the DS-230 before, should i resubmit it. if yes, should i fill exactly as before or not because i found some mistakes. i mean that can make some small changes or not.

thanks for your help

Why do they ask for DS-230? You are the second person, that I hear of, being asked for DS-230. KCC has confirmed many times that only DS-122 is necessary for AOS. So many people on this forum have sent only DS-122 and they were fine.

I have my employment based I-485 pending. My wife won DV 2009 then I apply for new DV based AOS along with my wife. Today I went to the local office to find out about the status. Our cases have been transfered to local office. Since I already have one I-485 pending local office has asked Nebraska service center to transfer my employment based case to local office only after that interview will be scheduled. The uscis officer told me that it might take months for Nebraska to send the file.

Any suggestion from you guys?

Thanks

Just wanted to mention that I went for an infopass to collect the AOS application materials. The lady I talked to seemed very knowledgeable on everything and very confident as well. Led me to believe she might be a supevisor because everyone kept interepting us to ask her questions. She told me that my I-485 from the EB case would have absolutely nothing to do with the Diversity case. Said to just make sure I keep the EB case open, which I was going to do anyway. Seems you might have just got the wrong person looking at your case.

Why do they ask for DS-230? You are the second person, that I hear of, being asked for DS-230. KCC has confirmed many times that only DS-122 is necessary for AOS. So many people on this forum have sent only DS-122 and they were fine.

I don't believe KCC has confirmed anything. I haven't seen anything from KCC or USCIS that suggests that the DS-230 should or should not be returned. The only directions KCC provides to would-be AOS folks is that they contact USCIS. When you do contact USCIS you get a different story depending on who you talk to. Notice that they don't even ask you to return the 122.

When I was preparing my application I decided to error on the side of caution and returned both the 230 and the 122.

Plus, If you really think about it, whats so difficult about filling out both forms and returning them? It costs the same.

I don't believe KCC has confirmed anything. I haven't seen anything from KCC or USCIS that suggests that the DS-230 should or should not be returned. The only directions KCC provides to would-be AOS folks is that they contact USCIS. When you do contact USCIS you get a different story depending on who you talk to. Notice that they don't even ask you to return the 122.

When I was preparing my application I decided to error on the side of caution and returned both the 230 and the 122.

Plus, If you really think about it, whats so difficult about filling out both forms and returning them? It costs the same.

I sent DS-122 and DS-230 really early, May 2008 to KCC, but I did not receive any response or receipt confirmation. But I decided to do AOS so I did not care about these forms.

I wonder what the confirmation of AOS that you receive from KCC contains. I did everything (medicals, biometrics,...) i am just waiting for the interview letter.

Is this 2nd NL from KCC necessary for the application for AOS or not?? Please someone tells me what the 2nd NL from KCC have. If necessary, i will send the 2 forms again to KCC.

nlhanhla

Your case number is close to mine (AF47***) our CN will be current in july. I just want to ask you a question. Did you send your AOS application? I sent mine long time ago and i m waiting. I received the confirmation and i did the biometrics. Please notify me when you receive your interview letter.

Your case number is close to mine (AF47***) our CN will be current in july. I just want to ask you a question. Did you send your AOS application? I sent mine long time ago and i m waiting. I received the confirmation and i did the biometrics. Please notify me when you receive your interview letter.

I am sending my aos application this week and will update as the process goes on.

Interview

Hi Guys I got my interview today.It was scheduled 11 am.I arrived around 10 am.It was strange no body was in the waiting room.I asked the officer "why nobody is here today", he said they didn't schedule any other interview except DV cases like mine and one more other DV case in this week.

My officer came and took me to his office.First he asked my police clearence letter which is I didn't get it or submit it before."I didn't know that I should have submitted.

I got an oath before starting my file and he checked my ID and Passport with my file and asked 3 questions from the I-485 page 3.Then He wrote RFE for the "Police Clearence Letter" to submit in 30 days and also he said you can bring it today until 3:30 pm.He was really polite and helpful.I left the office and I went to Court to get my letter.I got my Police clearence Letter in 10 minutes and I went back to my local office with my Police Clearence letter around 2 pm.He took me his room again pulled my file.He checked the clearence letter and added to my file.

He stamped on my I-485 Form "APPROVED".He gave me the Approval Notification letter right away.He said that I am going to recieve my Card in 14 Days.

Thanks for the supports and informations from this FORUMS Who shared and still shares.

Stuck at the Embassy, Kathmandu

Hello all,

I did not know there is a DV lottery section and active Threads on DV

I am writing on behalf of somone I know very well. He won a lottery back in may , 2008, and went on to interview at the embassy in Kathmandu , Nepal.

Now the sad part, His interview was twice postponed, from October 7, 2008 to Oct 15 and finally 21. He did not interveiw three times, but his interview actually took place on october 21. That day , he says, the interview went well. The cousular was all satisfied and smiling all the time and r was about to stamp his passport when another embassy staff came with a piece of paper and showed it to the interviwing consular. Then the whole scenario changed. The consular gave them a letter saying they were under Adminstrative processing. About two months later he was called in for Finger printing. And since then no news at all. He is desperate to find out any news and the embassy keeps telling him to wait. Now he is much distressed that September is qucik approaching and it may not be possible after that.

Has anyone been through this sort of thing? Do you think they still have hope of getting visa? If so do you think they are still processing his application ?

Any reply will be much appreciated. Thanks all

Hi, I have a question. If I'm filling AOS (I-485) for DV-2010 (when my number will be current) do I still need to provide my criminal records (police certificate etc...) from my native country?

Hi,

This not necessary when you do AOS.