• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hi,
I haven’t written much on the forum, but read every post and then decide to tell you my situation.
As you can see from my signature, I filed in January, and had an interview in the first week of April. We were there on time; the immigration officer was very nice and courteous. This was his first diversity visa case, so we would go slowly. Then we did the usual process, took the oath, go over every single item in 485 etc. Then, he asked about our I-94 and told us not to go out of the county without advance parole. However, he didn’t ask for any documents because he had everything in the file.

After that, he said he would approve our case but his supervisor was out of office so he would not stamp our passports and he would not approve that right away. However, he said congratulations, and told us to wait. We would hear from him in 6 days to 6 weeks. At the end of the interview, he said it will definitely be done by September, by the deadline of the diversity visa cases.

After the interview, we were very happy. We thought we had a good one, and expected to get our Green Cards very soon. Unfortunately, more than 6 weeks has passed to no avail.

I check the online status every day, it still shows the usual “fingerprint fee accepted…….” What should I do? Wait as he said? Or contact the local office? Congressman? What do you suggest?

Thank you very much in advance. I hope I’ll give you good news very soon.

Good luck to everyone in the process, and congratulations if you get your green card already.

I thouhgt I had to send the DS 230 as well as the other form to KCC. I already paid the $375 DV fee and received slip with proof of payment. Since I also filled out the DS 230, could that confuse the process since I am doing the AOS? I was only following instuctions from my notification letter that told me to submit both.

I am currently on an H1. I have H1 status but do not have an H1 visa. On the I-485 form where they ask for Visa number and consulate info, should I leave that blank or put in the info for my last H1 visa that expired?? (I extented my H1 for another 3 years i.e. I have H1 visa for the first 3 years but only H1 status for the next 3 )

About the police certificate. I've been living in the states for 8 years now. Do I have to get a police certificate for where I've lived in the states or would I have to get a police certificate from my home country? If I have to get a police certificate from my home country could one do that from abroad?

Does the Medical Certificate Expire? How far in advance could I do the Medical exam?

Do I have to wait until my case is current to submit the AOS form or could I send it in early, provided it's in the approproate fiscal year? I've seen conflicitng messages about this issue.

I am currently on H1 status, should I bother to request EAD? If I do submit for EAD as well does that mean I lose my H1 status? Could I keep my H1 status and just hold on to the EAD just in case?

Do you have to include paystubs and tax return statements as well for AOS. It's not mentioned in the instructions on the I-485 but I was thinking it may not hurt to add?

Suggestions please?

I'm only answering the questions I'm sure about....

We were not asked for a Police Certificate but just to be on the safe side we got one issued at the embassy in US and took it with us to the interview.

The medicals are valid for 1 year only

We mailed our package to Chicago a day after our number was current and everything worked out just fine.
By the way , we have read in a few previous posts that early submissions can be returned hence delaying the whole process.

We included the paystubs in the package to Chicago but not the tax returns.
However, at the time of the interview , we took both.
The IO asked for my husbands latest paystub only.

Hi,
I haven’t written much on the forum, but read every post and then decide to tell you my situation.
As you can see from my signature, I filed in January, and had an interview in the first week of April. We were there on time; the immigration officer was very nice and courteous. This was his first diversity visa case, so we would go slowly. Then we did the usual process, took the oath, go over every single item in 485 etc. Then, he asked about our I-94 and told us not to go out of the county without advance parole. However, he didn’t ask for any documents because he had everything in the file.

After that, he said he would approve our case but his supervisor was out of office so he would not stamp our passports and he would not approve that right away. However, he said congratulations, and told us to wait. We would hear from him in 6 days to 6 weeks. At the end of the interview, he said it will definitely be done by September, by the deadline of the diversity visa cases.

After the interview, we were very happy. We thought we had a good one, and expected to get our Green Cards very soon. Unfortunately, more than 6 weeks has passed to no avail.

I check the online status every day, it still shows the usual “fingerprint fee accepted…….” What should I do? Wait as he said? Or contact the local office? Congressman? What do you suggest?

Thank you very much in advance. I hope I’ll give you good news very soon.

Good luck to everyone in the process, and congratulations if you get your green card already.

Hi GChope07,

I'm so sorry for your situation and we are same situation too. I think you should take infopass appointment and ask them about your case. I hope your problem solve quickly.

Best wishes.

Hi,
I haven’t written much on the forum, but read every post and then decide to tell you my situation.......

GChope07,

I would schedule at infopass appointment right away. Maybe the name/background check is what is delaying the approval of your case. At the same time I would suggest you writing to your congressman to ask him/her to help you to move your case forward.

Once your case is approved....

I was wondering, after interview is completed....and if it is approved, will you get a approval letter (i-797C)...or get a welcome letter directly?
thank you.

About ead

Hi,
My online status for my EAD application says "Approval letter sent" and that I need to follow its instructions...
I thought that if they approved the employment authorization application, then the status should say "card production ordered" or something like that...
Please help! :confused:

Do they send snd letter for interview before the case number is current or after? I heard that applicants receive it 6 weeks before their case number is current, is that correct?

Thank you for any help

DV2009 adjustment of status taking too long

I won the DV2009 lottery and applied for adjustment of status but the process is going very slowly. Here is a timeline of things so far (I live in New York City, and am Australian):

- Filed my application in October 2008
- Biometrics done in March 2009

I am waiting on a letter to arrange an interview, but starting to worry that things are taking too long. I called USCIS and they said that their estimate of how long things will take is 180 days - but that will mean it could be longer than September 2009. If it is not all taken care of by September 2009, there is a chance I don't get the greencard.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to speed the process and ensure things don't just expire? I have an infopass appointment set up this week.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hello to all those with delay cases.
I'm in the same boat! I'm waiting for the interview letter, the last time I heard from summit lee was on january. After that a death silence.
I did an info pass and said the case now is their office....
I sent some weeks ago the 122, that I thought I didn't have to send since i'm doing aos.
I didn't get the 2nd notice from kcc yet but I got the confirmation that they received my form.
What could be that I'm not receiving the interview letter?
Thanks.

I won the DV2009 lottery and applied for adjustment of status but the process is going very slowly. Here is a timeline of things so far (I live in New York City, and am Australian):

- Filed my application in October 2008
- Biometrics done in March 2009

I am waiting on a letter to arrange an interview, but starting to worry that things are taking too long. I called USCIS and they said that their estimate of how long things will take is 180 days - but that will mean it could be longer than September 2009. If it is not all taken care of by September 2009, there is a chance I don't get the greencard.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to speed the process and ensure things don't just expire? I have an infopass appointment set up this week.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Verify that your case number is current. This month, May, the cut-off number is 825 for OCEANIA, that means your case number should be less than 825 to get an interview.

If it is, then you should do an infopass and find out about your case

good luck

Hello to all those with delay cases.
I'm in the same boat! I'm waiting for the interview letter, the last time I heard from summit lee was on january. After that a death silence.
I did an info pass and said the case now is their office....
I sent some weeks ago the 122, that I thought I didn't have to send since i'm doing aos.
I didn't get the 2nd notice from kcc yet but I got the confirmation that they received my form.
What could be that I'm not receiving the interview letter?
Thanks.

I have the same problem, but i sent DS122 and DS230 but i did not receive receipt confirmation. I dont know how to contact KCC. Does anyone have their phone number?

Halp

I am also in NYC...
If you filed in Oct why did you not do your fingerprints until March 09? We filed Feb 27th & we did our Biometrics on March 24th. We received our interview notice until April 28th and our interview was yesterday (May 13th)..
I think you should probably schedule an infopass, to find our if your name/background check is complete & wheather your case has been transferred to NYC local office yet !! If it has already been transferred then you should be receiving your interview notice fairly shortly!!

Thanks for the replies. My case number ends in 916 so perhaps that is why I haven't received an interview notice yet.

I didn't do biometrics until March because I had to wait for the biometrics notice to arrive in the mail informing me of my biometrics appointment.

Thanks again for the replies. I have an infopass appointment set up so hopefully they can put my mind at ease a bit.

:)

Hi everyone,

I notice that almost everyone paid $375.00 for the DV fee. What about the $45.00 for the security fee. At what stage is that paid.

thanks for your help.

You only pay the $375 to DOS. pay it as soon as possible

What does the 2nd NL from KCC have? It is important, because i did not receive it. Is it just a confirmation for AOS ?

I didn't receive the 2nd NL either. What does it say?
My case is already in the local office.

To contact kcc, you can email them or call them. Their info is in the cover letter form their 1st NL (the notification that you won)

Could somebody tell me what does the 2nd NL says............

Thank you.

I didn't receive the 2nd NL either. What does it say?
My case is already in the local office.

To contact kcc, you can email them or call them. Their info is in the cover letter form their 1st NL (the notification that you won)

Could somebody tell me what does the 2nd NL says............

Thank you.

2nd NL says we have received your application to make an Adjustment of Status .... etc.

I'm only answering the questions I'm sure about....

We were not asked for a Police Certificate but just to be on the safe side we got one issued at the embassy in US and took it with us to the interview.

The medicals are valid for 1 year only

We mailed our package to Chicago a day after our number was current and everything worked out just fine.
By the way , we have read in a few previous posts that early submissions can be returned hence delaying the whole process.

We included the paystubs in the package to Chicago but not the tax returns.
However, at the time of the interview , we took both.
The IO asked for my husbands latest paystub only.

Thanks DVzee, congrats!

What do you mean that you got a police certificate issued at the embassy in the US? I thought the police department or the department of justice in one's state issues the police certificate. I'm confused. Please explain.

Does anyone else know the answer to the EAD vs H1 question?