• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hey DvWinner09 they were really prolonging your interview (actually the whole process). My wife won 2010. Were is your local office?

so guys i had my interview...the Immigration Officer was nice...just went through my 485, verified my name, address, phone no...
but at the end...there was no final answer...

I'm in same situation with you. I hope it shouldn't be any problem. Only little delay. I hope we can take it very soon.

[EDIT] ***I found the answer to my question*** [EDIT]

Hi Everyone,

I have read through previous posts and seen that no one includes a Police Certificate when doing AOS (as opposed to CP). Does that mean I don't need to furnish this document?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in same situation with you. I hope it shouldn't be any problem. Only little delay. I hope we can take it very soon.

did u see any status change for you case online...?
i dont know how long more do we have to wait...
the thing that worries me is that...why the case was not approved on the spot like other dv filers?what do u think?

did u see any status change for you case online...?
i dont know how long more do we have to wait...
the thing that worries me is that...why the case was not approved on the spot like other dv filers?what do u think?

Hi DvWinner09,

I didn't look mycase on online. Because it's not updated well.
I don't know either how long we have to wait but you shouldn't lose your faith.

Actually i didn't know exactly but my officer told me that this is a usal process and we make this for all other files too. So i believe him and i'll wait.
If we don't have an answer in a month may be we can follow-up. I hope we can get our letter very soon. Don't worry about it.

June 25, 2008 : 2nd Letter KCC
December 5, 2008 : Medical Exam
December 8, 2008 : $375*4 fee to DOS
December 20, 2008 : DOS Receipt
January 16, 2009 : AOS package to Chicago
January 28 , 2009 : Checks cashed
February 2 , 2009 : NOA
February 7, 2009 : Biometrics letter received
February 18,2009 : Biometrics Done
March 26,2009 : Interview letter received for May 6
May 6,2009 : Interview done. Waiting for approval.

[EDIT] ***I found the answer to my question*** [EDIT]

Hi Everyone,

I have read through previous posts and seen that no one includes a Police Certificate when doing AOS (as opposed to CP). Does that mean I don't need to furnish this document?
Hi Qwertt,

Most people don't bother to get police records and it seems to be fine. I guess, FBI does that anyway with your name check. However, I included police records in my AOS package, one from my home country and one from each state of residence. The instructions in the KCC notification letter says that.

CN:2009AF00047XXX

I sent the AOS package and the payment to USCIS before I sent the $375 fee to DOS. Would that be a problem?

I received receipt from USCIS
I did the biometrics
But since october 2008 to now I did not receive the interview letter
my case number is high 47000+ would they wait until they reach the cutoff number before they send me the second letter for an interview?

I appreciate any help from you.

Rabie

Your case number is so high why dont you switch to do CP in your home country.
Yeah, your is current in July. Hopefully you will be contact from USCIS for interview.

I sent the AOS package and the payment to USCIS before I sent the $375 fee to DOS. Would that be a problem?

I received receipt from USCIS
I did the biometrics
But since october 2008 to now I did not receive the interview letter
my case number is high 47000+ would they wait until they reach the cutoff number before they send me the second letter for an interview?

I appreciate any help from you.

Rabie
rabie80,

I recommend that you do InfoPass and try to find out what the status of your case is. Normally, the $ 375 DOS fee is paid before you file for AOS and you have to send a copy of the receipt in the package. Also, it seems like you filed way too early. Some people file a month before their number is current and USCIS return their package. Some people do get away. You better try and find out what is going on with your case.

Is there anyone who has used their GC for re-entry yet? If so, did you have to be fingerprinted at the POE again?

AOS questions

I thouhgt I had to send the DS 230 as well as the other form to KCC. I already paid the $375 DV fee and received slip with proof of payment. Since I also filled out the DS 230, could that confuse the process since I am doing the AOS? I was only following instuctions from my notification letter that told me to submit both.

I am currently on an H1. I have H1 status but do not have an H1 visa. On the I-485 form where they ask for Visa number and consulate info, should I leave that blank or put in the info for my last H1 visa that expired?? (I extented my H1 for another 3 years i.e. I have H1 visa for the first 3 years but only H1 status for the next 3 )

About the police certificate. I've been living in the states for 8 years now. Do I have to get a police certificate for where I've lived in the states or would I have to get a police certificate from my home country? If I have to get a police certificate from my home country could one do that from abroad?

Does the Medical Certificate Expire? How far in advance could I do the Medical exam?

Do I have to wait until my case is current to submit the AOS form or could I send it in early, provided it's in the approproate fiscal year? I've seen conflicitng messages about this issue.

I am currently on H1 status, should I bother to request EAD? If I do submit for EAD as well does that mean I lose my H1 status? Could I keep my H1 status and just hold on to the EAD just in case?

Do you have to include paystubs and tax return statements as well for AOS. It's not mentioned in the instructions on the I-485 but I was thinking it may not hurt to add?

Suggestions please?

Is there anyone who has used their GC for re-entry yet? If so, did you have to be fingerprinted at the POE again?

I did re-enter the US about a week ago, Miami Int Airport, and yes, I was fingerprinted, all fingers both hands. But who cares, this time I lined up where it said 'Citizens and Residents " :p:D

My best wishes for the people still in process !!!!

Congrats on Re-entry, couple questions on filing AOS

I did re-enter the US about a week ago, Miami Int Airport, and yes, I was fingerprinted, all fingers both hands. But who cares, this time I lined up where it said 'Citizens and Residents " :p:D

My best wishes for the people still in process !!!!

Hi Matutelandia,

Congrats on your re-entry using speed lane (I bet that line moves faster too). I live in California and I won the DV2010 lottery. Here's my case as of today.

4/17/09 NL from KCC 2010SA000004xx
5/13/09 sent DSP 122 + barcode to KCC

I have two questions for you. What is the correct amount for the DV Fee to be sent to DOS? And how do you know when EXACTLY to mail your paper work (485, EAD, AP) to the Chicago Lockbox? Hope to here back from you or anyone else that can offer input on this matter.

Thanks,

Jaime

rabie80,

I recommend that you do InfoPass and try to find out what the status of your case is. Normally, the $ 375 DOS fee is paid before you file for AOS and you have to send a copy of the receipt in the package. Also, it seems like you filed way too early. Some people file a month before their number is current and USCIS return their package. Some people do get away. You better try and find out what is going on with your case.

Thank you for your help. I think that they did not send me an interview letter because my case number is not current yet

I will call the DOS to find out if my case is being processed

Your case number is so high why dont you switch to do CP in your home country.
Yeah, your is current in July. Hopefully you will be contact from USCIS for interview.

Thank you

I have been studying in the US with a F1 Visa so I could not do the CP because if I leave the country, I will have to renew my Visa which is risky.

Successful Interview in NYC :D:D:D

Today we had our interview @ 7.45am and it could not have gone any better, after hearing some of the experiences of others interviews in NYC I was expecting it to be a bit of a nightmare but our IO was really nice & pleasent, she took all our required documents, asked us a few questions and then the questions from our I485.
We where in for about 20min and at the end of the interview she wrote in our passports & said "you will get your cards in the mail" I was hesitant to celebrate straight away but this evening I received the following email:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On May 13, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I don't think it will fully sink in until I have the card in my hand :):)
Thank you to everyone on this board for all the information and good luck to those still in the process of AOS!!