• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hi everyone,

Today we went to our Local office for interview. Our appointment was on 2:00PM so we were there 15 minutes before our appointment...[/COLOR]

Congrats samsuner. Just a minor delay in getting the GC. You'll see that you'll celebrating soon!

My region will be current in and after July, what does it mean current, than all the visa by July will be exhausted??? People that can't finish their process in July are with no visa?

Please, I understand when my case becomes current, but not what happens when the cut-off will be the same for the rest of the fiscal year....... why it won't change after July... kcc already fill the quota or nobody wants to come here?

If the region reach a low number in cut off (let's say: July bulletin shows region A: "current" and the last number (in June) was 1000), that means that KCC has to call less applicant to fill the quota of visa for that region, or that less people went for the gc process?

Thank you.

hi

Current means They stop the accept recieving AOS/CP application in and after july.So If your cut-off number is higher than before current info people can't apply.That I know.

My region will be current in and after July, what does it mean current, than all the visa by July will be exhausted??? People that can't finish their process in July are with no visa?

Please, I understand when my case becomes current, but not what happens when the cut-off will be the same for the rest of the fiscal year....... why it won't change after July... kcc already fill the quota or nobody wants to come here?

If the region reach a low number in cut off (let's say: July bulletin shows region A: "current" and the last number (in June) was 1000), that means that KCC has to call less applicant to fill the quota of visa for that region, or that less people went for the gc process?

Thank you.

My region will be current in and after July, what does it mean current, than all the visa by July will be exhausted??? People that can't finish their process in July are with no visa?...

If I could correct a previous reply;

When a region is current, it means that everyone selected in that region CAN apply regardless of their CN. In effect, the visa numbers for that region are now available on a first-come-first-serve basis. This will usually happen because fewer that expected visa numbers have been issued upto that point.

So samoi99, go ahead and apply.

If I could correct a previous reply;

When a region is current, it means that everyone selected in that region CAN apply regardless of their CN. In effect, the visa numbers for that region are now available on a first-come-first-serve basis. This will usually happen because fewer that expected visa numbers have been issued upto that point.

So samoi99, go ahead and apply.

Thank you for clarifying the "current" meaning Dematra.

I was thinking of quiting... this process is taking so long. Why does it take so long to schedule the interview? Now kcc (July bulletin) knows that less people applied, so why they don't call me....

Thank you.

Interview Scheduled

My number became current on October...but...Finally my interview date has arrived...it is on May 11...i will post my experience on this forum...
for me my I-485 didn't get expedited because of DV case...they called me when the processing time reached for all general I-485s...anyways...I m glad this day has come...
Now worried about interview...lets see what happens...
Thanks to all in this forum for their help...esp to lindina254...windv...
I m in H1 and if you guys have anything that i need to be aware of for interview...plz post your experiences.

The officer told me that they want to compare both applications. God knows why. Any suggestion guys?

I hope this is not that case, coz I am in the same boat as you, I have applied with my EB and now with my wife on the DV , so I am hoping this is exceptional and they revert this rule.

The problem usually happens when they transfer cases , it might take long or files might be lost so cross finger they just ignor your old case

good luck

My number became current on October...but...Finally my interview date has arrived...it is on May 11.
DvWinner09, are there any reasons for such delay that you are aware of? Are you a national of a Muslim country? Politics may easily contribute to it...

No I am not from a muslim country...
I think...district office...took my case as a normal 485 and then processed along with them...

DvWinner09, are there any reasons for such delay that you are aware of? Are you a national of a Muslim country? Politics may easily contribute to it...

My number became current on October...but...Finally my interview date has arrived...it is on May 11...i will post my experience on this forum...
for me my I-485 didn't get expedited because of DV case...they called me when the processing time reached for all general I-485s...anyways...I m glad this day has come...
Now worried about interview...lets see what happens...
Thanks to all in this forum for their help...esp to lindina254...windv...
I m in H1 and if you guys have anything that i need to be aware of for interview...plz post your experiences.

Do you mind telling us where is your local office?

HI, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH THE MEDICALS ARE AND WHERE I CAN HAVE THEM DONE. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN OHIO. IS IT TRUE THAT MEDICALS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE FOR FEMALES (DUE TO AN EXTRA VACCINE THAT COSTS ~ $400)? HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS TAKE?

:confused: WHAT KINDS OF EVIDENCE HAVE YOUR SPONSORS USED TO VALIDATE THE AFFIDAVIT I-134? HAVE YOUR SPONSORS PROVIDED A STATEMENT FROM THEIR EMPLOYER OR THEY JUST USED W2'S?

THANKS!

Interview Completed

so guys i had my interview...the Immigration Officer was nice...just went through my 485, verified my name, address, phone no...
but at the end...there was no final answer...it was positive though...she said they will review my case if any questions they'll call me at my cell...and USCIS has to request visa application from Department of State and then order my card...
so it really depends how much time it takes to get visa application and order my card...it could be sooner or later...i have no idea...
if i hear nothing for a while she advised me to make an infopass and talk to them....
well now what you guys think???I'm still in dilemma...kinda releived...but still crossing my fingers :(...
please share your opinion...thx