• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

All the people who are waiting for the interview letter when you search your cases status on uscis web site where do you see your case is located at? NBC or local office?

I am waiting on the interview letter but my case shows that it is still located at NBC.

Thanks.

Mine is at NBC.

soms

Congratulations DVzee.

Case Number: EU00013XXX
May 8, 2008 : Letter KCC (NL)
May 12, 2008 : Form sent to KCC
June 25, 2008 : 2nd Letter KCC
December 5, 2008 : Medical Exam
December 8, 2008 : $375*4 fee to DOS
December 20, 2008 : DOS Receipt
January 16, 2009 : AOS package to Chicago
January 28 , 2009 : Checks cashed
February 2 , 2009 : NOA
February 7, 2009 : Biometrics letter received
February 18,2009 : Biometrics Done
March 26,2009 : Interview letter received for May 6
May 6,2009 : Waiting for interview.

All the people who are waiting for the interview letter when you search your cases status on uscis web site where do you see your case is located at? NBC or local office?

I am waiting on the interview letter but my case shows that it is still located at NBC.

Thanks.

jamal_55406 and soms,

How long did it take for your cases to show up on the USCIS tracking web site? Were you able to find your cases right after yo got the NOA?

I got the NOA about 3 weeks ago and did biometrics last week. However, I still get 'Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online' message after all this time.

jamal_55406 and soms,

How long did it take for your cases to show up on the USCIS tracking web site? Were you able to find your cases right after yo got the NOA?

I got the NOA about 3 weeks ago and did biometrics last week. However, I still get 'Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online' message after all this time.

Jarev,

In our case, we could see our status online after receiving the biometrics notice. The status has not been updated since then. It shows the same old status.

I feel the tracking site does not give any timely information and is of any worth.

Soms

Is there any one you know of had situation like mine

I have my employment based I-485 pending. My wife won DV 2009 then I apply for new DV based AOS along with my wife. Today I went to the local office to find out about the status. Our cases have been transfered to local office. Since I already have one I-485 pending local office has asked Nebraska service center to transfer my employment based case to local office only after that interview will be scheduled. The uscis officer told me that it might take months for Nebraska to send the file.

Any suggestion from you guys?

Thanks

I have my employment based I-485 pending. My wife won DV 2009 then I apply for new DV based AOS along with my wife. Today I went to the local office to find out about the status. Our cases have been transfered to local office. Since I already have one I-485 pending local office has asked Nebraska service center to transfer my employment based case to local office only after that interview will be scheduled. The uscis officer told me that it might take months for Nebraska to send the file.

Any suggestion from you guys?

Thanks

Why are they requiring that your EB case be transfered? Are those not 2 different applications? I ask that becoz I'm in the same boat but have not sent in my application quite yet. I was hoping the other application would make the process shorter rather than longer if it was considered at all. In my case I am the principal applicant in both classifications.

Re

Why are they requiring that your EB case be transfered? Are those not 2 different applications? I ask that becoz I'm in the same boat but have not sent in my application quite yet. I was hoping the other application would make the process shorter rather than longer if it was considered at all. In my case I am the principal applicant in both classifications.

The officer told me that they want to compare both applications. God knows why. Any suggestion guys?

Good luck Samsuner!
Soms

Congratulations DVzee.

May 6,2009 : Waiting for interview.

My interview Experience

Hi everyone,

Today we went to our Local office for interview. Our appointment was on 2:00PM so we were there 15 minutes before our appointment. After the 15 minutes waiting an INS officer call us. We were 4 people. Me,My wife and our two daughters. Officer was very kind and good. We went through to his office. First we swear then officer started to go through to our documents. They wanted to see documents which he wants for interview. I brought everything he wants but i misunderstand one thing. KCC notification letter. I realized that this was a barcode paper, but officer told me that i misunderstand and he wanted to Congratulations paper from KCC. I said this is at home if you want i can bring it to you or fax it to you. Officer said i will request this forms from the KCC. We make this procedure for the lots of cases. So he didn't accept my offer. Then he asked questions about me from I-485 and Page 3. Also he asked same question to my wife. He didn't ask anything like my paystub or W-2 forms. Also i have filled I-134 for my family. He had happy for that. Because he said lots of people didn't do that. The he wants our passports and took off all our I-94 forms . Then he took my H-1 extension letter and my Driver licence and took a copy. Finally he said this process nearly takes a month, after my files came from Kentucky, he will approve our case and after 10 days from approval, we will be receiving our Green Card. He said again i know your case time sensetive but i didn't allow to pass July. If till July you don't hear me, i will call Kentucky myself. After this conversation i want his phone number or e-mail address but he gave to me office fax number for this.

So we are confused :confused: . May be everything will be all right but we didn't happy and we didn't understand. Only we can do wait and pray. There is nothing we can do right now. Now what do you say for this guys ? Is this okey ?

May 6,2009 : Interview Done waiting for approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samsuner,

In the overall, the interview sounded me good too, though a bit delayed. The ultimate happiness is delayed, but I am sure reading from the forum that you will be approved much earlier than what the officer said to you.

Soms

Hi everyone,

Today we went to our Local office for interview. Our appointment was on 2:00PM so we were there 15 minutes before our appointment. After the 15 minutes waiting an INS officer call us. We were 4 people. Me,My wife and our two daughters. Officer was very kind and good. We went through to his office. First we swear then officer started to go through to our documents. They wanted to see documents which he wants for interview. I brought everything he wants but i misunderstand one thing. KCC notification letter. I realized that this was a barcode paper, but officer told me that i misunderstand and he wanted to Congratulations paper from KCC. I said this is at home if you want i can bring it to you or fax it to you. Officer said i will request this forms from the KCC. We make this procedure for the lots of cases. So he didn't accept my offer. Then he asked questions about me from I-485 and Page 3. Also he asked same question to my wife. He didn't ask anything like my paystub or W-2 forms. Also i have filled I-134 for my family. He had happy for that. Because he said lots of people didn't do that. The he wants our passports and took off all our I-94 forms . Then he took my H-1 extension letter and my Driver licence and took a copy. Finally he said this process nearly takes a month, after my files came from Kentucky, he will approve our case and after 10 days from approval, we will be receiving our Green Card. He said again i know your case time sensetive but i didn't allow to pass July. If till July you don't hear me, i will call Kentucky myself. After this conversation i want his phone number or e-mail address but he gave to me office fax number for this.

So we are confused :confused: . May be everything will be all right but we didn't happy and we didn't understand. Only we can do wait and pray. There is nothing we can do right now. Now what do you say for this guys ? Is this okey ?

May 6,2009 : Interview Done waiting for approval.

update

Finally I recieved Interview letter today.it is scheduled on May 19, 11 am.Wish me luck guys.
My number was current in December.

Good luck mikkaha!
it didn't take very long sfter you have submitted the missing doc to your local.

does anybody know what is required to get the interview? the mane check needed to be prior to interview?
what about missing docs? i don't know if thay want more docs...

last time i went to my local office, the officer (i don't know if bad luck or what, but i only went there twice, and always had to talk to that officer, and she is crazy, from the momebt you are in front of her, she just barks at you, the whole conversation is not a conversation but just screaming). she said the case is there. i asked if the nam is cleared, but she said the case is here and doesn't know anything else.

if i do another info pass, is it possible to find out if the mane is cleared? or something esle like if i didn't submit all the docs that they want? infopass is only usuful to learn where the case is currently, and not much else????....

thank you.

Hi, I would like to know how much the medicals are and where I can have them done. I currently live in Ohio. Is it true that medicals are more expensive for females (due to an extra vaccine that costs ~ $400)? How long does the process take?

:confused: What kinds of evidence have your sponsors used to validate the Affidavit I-134? Have your sponsors provided a statement from their employer or they just used W2's?

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks samoi99

I submitted my RFE april 3 and after a month I recieved Interview Letter.

Interview letter was sent by my local office and on letter says bring this letter and passport,ID,all documentation relating to my case,please bring both originals and photocopies of all supporting documents.

keep posting.

Good luck mikkaha!
it didn't take very long sfter you have submitted the missing doc to your local.

does anybody know what is required to get the interview? the mane check needed to be prior to interview?
what about missing docs? i don't know if thay want more docs...

last time i went to my local office, the officer (i don't know if bad luck or what, but i only went there twice, and always had to talk to that officer, and she is crazy, from the momebt you are in front of her, she just barks at you, the whole conversation is not a conversation but just screaming). she said the case is there. i asked if the nam is cleared, but she said the case is here and doesn't know anything else.

if i do another info pass, is it possible to find out if the mane is cleared? or something esle like if i didn't submit all the docs that they want? infopass is only usuful to learn where the case is currently, and not much else????....

thank you.

Finally I recieved Interview letter today.it is scheduled on May 19, 11 am.Wish me luck guys.
My number was current in December.

Great news mikkaha. I am glad to hear that your process is moving forward. Your GC is just around the corner!