• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Question: I have heard conflicting opinions regarding this.

Those of you who have received it- do you carry it with you at all times (ie. not just when you are traveling?)

My gut reaction is not to carry it on an everyday basis- as I do not need it for identification- but most importantly because I think it is valuable and I know it must be really hard to replace it if it is stolen or lost.

side note: to all those who are waiting for their interview notices, I know what you are going through! be patient and they will arrive soon- I am sure of it! I did not get my interview notice until almost 3 months after my check was cashed!

Although it is mentioned clearly at the back of the card that you have to carry it all the times, but I DON'T.
I kept it home since I recieved it.

I have a question for you guys, the EAD is valid only for one year, are we going to renew it every year or we can apply for a new one that is valid for 10 years like the GC?
Also, in regard of the SSN, do we have to visit the SS Admin to update it or it is automatically updated after the GC approval?

I have a question for you guys, the EAD is valid only for one year, are we going to renew it every year or we can apply for a new one that is valid for 10 years like the GC?

hehehe :D what are you talking about ALU4E?

No more EAD needed once you receive your GC. Might as well throw the EAD card in the trash (well, not literally, of course) because it's worthless now. Thats the entire point of this process we have all gone through. :)

hehehe :d what are you talking about alu4e?

No more ead needed once you receive your gc. Might as well throw the ead card in the trash (well, not literally, of course) because it's worthless now. Thats the entire point of this process we have all gone through. :)

:):):):):):d:):d:d:):d:)

Although it is mentioned clearly at the back of the card that you have to carry it all the times, but I DON'T.
I kept it home since I recieved it.

Also, in regard of the SSN, do we have to visit the SS Admin to update it or it is automatically updated after the GC approval?

glad dematra made your day on the first part of your question- as for the second part, you do have to contact SS Admin to get a new card (one that does not say Not valid for Employment without INS Authorization). I know this because a friend of mine who has been a citizen since 2001 still has the old SS card with the not valid written on it cause he never bothered applying for a new one...

No news on our side,but I faxed my local office last week inquiring about that.They told me our interview will be scheduled for March/early April and this is because they are moving to a new office.So what I've to do I guess, is just wait..:cool:

I did not find local office fax number of PA. Could you provide the local office fax no of PA?

jaba

Do you have idea how long time required after finger print? I had a finger print on Jan7, 2009. After that I did not receive any message. My serial number was current on December.

May 2008: Fist Notification letter
December 2008: Package sent to Chicago office (With medical Record)
December 08: NOA
December 12:Finger print Notice
January 07: Finger Print Done
January 30:EAD order only for me (My spouse is still pending)
February 07: EAD received

Waiting for Interview letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi jaba,

Was just curious,is your spouse EAD approved yet or not?My husband's is still pending,I got mine last week.

It is going to be 60 days this weekend since my interview and still no change which means that I am going to the local office by tuesday again, this is ridiculous!!! Let's see what they say this time...

It is going to be 60 days this weekend since my interview and still no change which means that I am going to the local office by tuesday again, this is ridiculous!!! Let's see what they say this time...

best of luck kakaco! we will all have our fingers crossed for you!

Today we got an I-766 card in the mail for authorization to work in the US, and on the paper it said I-797d. We filed an I-765. Has anybody had this happen where you receive this card before even having an interview date?

Today we got an I-766 card in the mail for authorization to work in the US, and on the paper it said I-797d. We filed an I-765. Has anybody had this happen where you receive this card before even having an interview date?

mikenytola,
Thats normal. The approval of your EAD and AOS are separate but parallel processes, and apart from the eligibility (i.e. the EAD is based on a pending AOS petition) are also unrelated.

Last edited by a moderator:

yup. got my EAD in may and never recived interview letter until july

Second biometrics notice received, code 2 for picture, which I was expecting so finally we are moving in the right direction.

because the first time we did only fingerprints, code 1, so I was expecting to get another biometrics for picture....

Ahaaa!....I see what you mean. Well, at least you know your file isn't collecting dust on some shelf.

On a different note, I wonder..... whatever happened to Ausmatt7 anyway? Are you still out there buddy?

I am really pissed!!! Today I went to my local office again since it has been 60 days and i have not received anything yet. That was one of the worst days in my life.I got an infopass and talked with a rep. again and explained my situation, he checked my application online and told me that it is still pending and they havent decided yet. I told him that i was there 3 weeks ago and being told to wait 60 days after my interview and it has been more than 60 days and still no update, before he went inside he took my passport and checked my visa, since i havent been in my country for 4 years, i do not have my H1 stamped there, i just have my student visa so he asked me if i have ever been out of status and i told him that not even one day, so after that he went inside and came back 5 min later and he told me that he talked with the officer whom interviewed me and she has not decided yet and he told me to wait 90 more days starting from today, I could not believe what i have heard, i was like r u serious?? he said weird stuff which he learned after talking with her which did not make any sense. he said that i didnt file my application to national benefit center smth like that, i told him i filed my application to chicago and received Notice letter from them,then he changed his mind and told me that i didnot pay the fees, i told him that i paid all the fees and she made copies of all the documents and put it to my file at the interview when i said that he was like ohhh OK... That is seriously unbeliavable, then i told him that i have been told at my interview that she would check that document form 230 with her supervisor and also she told me to wait 60 days. his answer was unbeliavable, he told me the officer had been doing a research about if this form is necessary to fill out and could not figure out it in 60 days so she has to talk with the supervisors to figure it out in 90 more days, can you believe that???? i have benn told the same thing 60 days ago too and now they want me to wait 90 more days, I told him that this case is time sensitive and i have to receive my card by sept and he was like who told u that,so i stopped arguing with someone that doesnt know anything about anything and i asked him if i can get an appt. from her or from her supervisor and he simply said no... and he was like maybe you will here smth before 90 days, i also asked him that if i will be ok to get into the country with AP since i am leaving by this friday for 2 weeks vacation and i asked him if i need to go to the consulate to get my h1 visa stamped on my passopart and he said no, if I have never been out off status then i will be fine. that is it.I can not even explain how i felt and how i wanted to yell at them but usual i left with nothing even more angry confused and feeling hopeless, basically I am that unlucky to have an interview with someone that does not know anything and if she reads the documents that i have submitted she will easily see that i dont need to submit that form and it is written on the letters that i have received from kentucky but instead she is waiting 5 months to figure this out, I came to work with tears and found the phone number of my congressman and called them, his secretary told me to fax all my documents received numbers and a letter with detailed explanation about my concern,so i am writing a letter and attaching all the documents and i will fax it tmrw. i dont know if it is going to help me but this seems like the only thing that i can do now, the worst part i will be gone for 2 weeks and i can not be reached by phone so i have not been in my country for 4 years and i can not even enjoy going home. I have never heard any case like mine and i am totally stuck in there. I can not even explain how i feel:(

I am really sorry for your situation. For some reson that lady is playing with you. Contacting your congressman is the right thing to do. Are you from any of the muslim countries or you have name mohammed? I hope the best for you.