• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Is anyone in here still waiting on a biometrics appointement and it has been over 2 months!? I still havent got mine and Im freaking out since my interview is next week!!

hey Ausmatt7, I am still waiting on the biometrics as well (and I filed on October 1) but I am worse off than you because I have not received my interview letter yet! that is why I have scheduled an infopass appointment for 12/22 (a little more than 30 days after I put in the service request....)

Congrats to all of us who have made it this far. Its a tricky process. I recieved my NOA and have my biometrics exam on the 11th of this month. However, unlike most of yall, i have not got my interview date. Was wondering if thats something I should be concernd about at this point. Also, i looked at what most of you guys send in your I 485 package. I didnt send things like bank statements or college transcripts etc. Only the things they asked for, photos, birth certificate etc. Again, is that something I need to be worried about? Coz it didnt say anywhere to send those things in.
Thanks and good luck!

One more thing, no ones mentioned if we need to expedite our case, coz doesnt the adjustment process take over a yr. We can request to do an expedite on our case. Do we need to look into that?

You need to provide evidence of work experience and education (according to the Diversity Lottery rules) , and you also need to provide an afidavit of support or employment letter (see i-485 instructions, point 14) . If you have not sent these documents along with your I-485, make sure you have them ready for the interview, I'd say these documents are of vital importance, they could be a factor on the adjudicator's decision.Documents such as bank statements, IRS transcripts, W2s, etc. are optional, but is always good to have them handy.
DV cases are automatically expedited, you don't need to tell them nothing about expediting your case, unless you see an unusual delay. These are the timeframes I have seen over the las couple of years: 1-3 weeks to receive NOA, 1-3 months to receive Biometrics apointment letter, 1-6 months background check). You are right, everything has to be completed before October 1st 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot. I knew i needed those documents but just didn't know if i had to send them in with I485. I'm guessing the affidavit of support doesn't count for me coz im on an F-1. That's what I concluded after reading the instructions. Right? Thanks again.

thanks a lot. I knew i needed those documents but just didn't know if i had to send them in with I485. I'm guessing the affidavit of support doesn't count for me coz im on an F-1. That's what I concluded after reading the instructions. Right? Thanks again.

if you dont have a job or a job offer you need the affidavit of support

It seems that most people, here, are getting through the whole process without any help from an immigration attorney. Does anybody think that having one may help, for collecting and filling out all forms and documents, or especially to be present with you at the interview? All the attorneys I've talked to so far didn't seem to have a very good experience with DV cases. What do you guys think?

Do it yourself....or maybe not.

It seems that most people, here, are getting through the whole process without any help from an immigration attorney. Does anybody think that having one may help, for collecting and filling out all forms and documents, or especially to be present with you at the interview? All the attorneys I've talked to so far didn't seem to have a very good experience with DV cases. What do you guys think?

Of course having a good immigration attorney would be the best, in fact I recommend that everyone that can afford one to get one.
But in reality if you don't have other complicating factors in your case then you can probably do it yourself. But, if complications arise in the process then be proactive in lawyering up asap. Don't wait for things to spin out of control before seeking qualified legal assistance. Just my $0.02

Once we get the NOA from USCIS and have a biometrics exam scheduled, does that put us in a pending adjustment status status? Does that mean we're still good even if our I-20 expires on Dec. 24th?

DMBfan,
This is just my opinion. While the AOS pending status gives you a valid reason to stay in the US or even work with your EAD. It gives you nothing to fall back on if (and i hope not) your application was denied. Do not abandon your F-1 status until you have the AOS approved. You need a back-up incase your AOS got denied. If I were you...... I would extend my I-20 (have you applied for an OPT? That gives you an extra one full year extension)
Cheers

if you dont have a job or a job offer you need the affidavit of support

I agree, If you don't have a job or proof that you have enogh money to be over the poverty level, then you need an afidavit of support. Be sure ot have either of these ready for the interview !!!!!!!

Last Update. I received my card on December 8th, it was sent on Dec 4th. Thank you for all those who helped out in the process by posting useful information on this site with a special mention to Johnkent/Merry Christmas and Good luck to all.

Last Update. I received my card on December 8th, it was sent on Dec 4th. Thank you for all those who helped out in the process by posting useful information on this site with a special mention to Johnkent/Merry Christmas and Good luck to all.

congratulations E2B! I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say that we hope to be in your shoes someday soon!!

I think you have to add your self to Guinnes world record book to have the GC in less than two month since the day the AOS package was sent, exactly 58 days.

I have a question for those that have received their interview appointments.

1) What is the number on the Notice/Letter? (Form #)
2) What reason do they give for requesting you to appear?

I noticed on mine they kinda don't say anything about an "Interview" - they just say to "appear in connection with an official matter".

Hmmm....is that standard?

Hi I am the new guy.

Hi! do you mind telling us where is your field office?

It is ganna be Houston.Still waiting for NoA..Is there anyone recieved that letter for december cut-off number?

05/08/08---NL Received...current in December
05/14/08---Sent forms back(only DSP 122)
07/14/08---Received 2nd response letter for AOS
10/09/08---Sent the fee to DOS
10/18/08---Received receipt from DOS
11/07/08---Medicals done
12/01/08---AOS package delivered to Lockbox