• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 winner: unlucky requesting urgent advice?

khalidSD

Registered Users (C)
I just recieved my package after being delayed in my country's post office!
Case Number : 2008AF0005xxxx
What is the significance of my CN? does it mean low chance for interview?
I didn send my forms yet, How bad is this delay?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

abo alkhold fill the form carefully and send it by FedEx ...your cn looks high
mine was 2007AF 31XXX and i got interview in jul 2007....if ur case require clearance time will be so short ...

I just recieved my package after being delayed in my country's post office!
Case Number : 2008AF0005xxxx
What is the significance of my CN? does it mean low chance for interview?
I didn send my forms yet, How bad is this delay?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

KhaliSD, be optimistic and send the forms back quickly. Make sure you do not make mistake in completing the form.

You are not unlucky! After all: you were selected in the lottery! I would not think that you sending the forms back now is a problem. As the others said: make sure you don't make any mistakes (one more day doesn't matter).

Hi,be careful man and don't hurry up
fill them carefully,exactly as your other documents and first e-registration are. i think in this situation the best way is filling e-forms and scanning barcode sheet and attaching an appropriate jpg of your photo and then send them all by email to kccdv@state.gov ,yes its acceptable and so fast.

thanx everyone, i have one more Q: I graduated 4 years ago as a physician and worked for 2.5 years, Can i include it in the work experience??

Hi,be careful man and don't hurry up
fill them carefully,exactly as your other documents and first e-registration are. i think in this situation the best way is filling e-forms and scanning barcode sheet and attaching an appropriate jpg of your photo and then send them all by email to kccdv@state.gov ,yes its acceptable and so fast.

no, it's not acceptable. Send regular paper forms. There is no e-filing for DS-230 and DSP-122.

Hi again,
YES IT IS ACCEPTABLE, I did it so.
First I sent my forms and photos via mail (DHL) but despite their (DHL) successful delivery report, KCC didn't receive my package, i don't know why! and then i asked them to know what i have to do now? and they answewred me: "mail or email them again". Secondly i emailed my forms to KCC and they RECEIVED my email this time and my case is processing now.
All you have to do is:
1.Download Form DS-230 (Part1&2) and Form DSP-122
2.Scan your Barcode sheet and photos (original photo jpg files are better than scanned)
3.Complete the PDF Files e-forms (NOT E-FILLING) 230 for yourself and your accompaning family and 122 just for yourself, save them and make sure that its properly saved (Remember to paste your Scanned Signature and your own language written name on your files)
OR if you are not completely familiar with PDF files the best way is:
Fill them out and sign 230(P1) with your regular signature and scan them.
4.Send an email to KCC including following files: (a.)form 230 for all the family(PDF file or scanned) (b.)form 122 for yourself(PDF file or scanned) (c.)your scanned barcode sheet (d.)an appropriate photo file for you and family.
you may tell them in the email that i have sent my package but you didn't receive it so these are my forms and photos.
As i told you before don't be in hurry.Complete them with patience.make sure that your infomation (Names,spellings,birth dates,signature etc.) is completely correct and matched to your other document (passport, education, birth & marriage cert. etc.),GOOD LUCK

Hi again,
YES IT IS ACCEPTABLE, I did it so.
First I sent my forms and photos via mail (DHL) but despite their (DHL) successful delivery report, KCC didn't receive my package, i don't know why! and then i asked them to know what i have to do now? and they answewred me: "mail or email them again". Secondly i emailed my forms to KCC and they RECEIVED my email this time and my case is processing now.
All you have to do is:
1.Download Form DS-230 (Part1&2) and Form DSP-122
2.Scan your Barcode sheet and photos (original photo jpg files are better than scanned)
3.Complete the PDF Files e-forms (NOT E-FILLING) 230 for yourself and your accompaning family and 122 just for yourself, save them and make sure that its properly saved (Remember to paste your Scanned Signature and your own language written name on your files)
OR if you are not completely familiar with PDF files the best way is:
Fill them out and sign 230(P1) with your regular signature and scan them.
4.Send an email to KCC including following files: (a.)form 230 for all the family(PDF file or scanned) (b.)form 122 for yourself(PDF file or scanned) (c.)your scanned barcode sheet (d.)an appropriate photo file for you and family.
you may tell them in the email that i have sent my package but you didn't receive it so these are my forms and photos.
As i told you before don't be in hurry.Complete them with patience.make sure that your infomation (Names,spellings,birth dates,signature etc.) is completely correct and matched to your other document (passport, education, birth & marriage cert. etc.),GOOD LUCK

I am with LucyMo on this one. Vic2008, I am sure you may have emailed your forms, and khalidSD if you want to try and email them go ahead, but what ever you do make sure you send a hard printed copy to KCC too. What’s the harm in doing both? Remember if KCC doesn’t have your filed forms they will not schedule an interview when your CN is current. Do make sure you fill them in correctly, practice a few times, I filled them in online and printed them out and then tripled checked them. Keep a copy of them too for your reference. But just make sure to send them via mail/DHL etc. good luck! :)

I agree with y'all. He needs to send the forms to KCC. Send it thru DHL or UPS and it will only take a few days and besides, how would you send your pics to them if you were going to e-mail them the documents. i guess you were gonna scan them which is a no no.

After the time that my email received by KCC they replied an acknowledger email. I was worry about the necessity of sending the hardcopy of those forms to KCC so I asked them by phone and their answer was NO.
I think he had better to:
(1) Contact KCC and ask them about final deadline of accepting those forms in general, maybe they have deadline for that.
(2) Ask them about acceptance about sending by email. Make sure about that.
(3) Estimate about his upcoming interview date.
And then choose the right way (keep in mind that registration and processing of your documents takes about 4 to 6 weeks for KCC after your documents received by them. once the registration completes they will schedule an appointment for the applicant if his/her case number is already current.)

updates of the form can be send by e-mail.....the original form had to be sent by mail.... if you have higher school certificate that is enough ..

(1) Contact KCC and ask them about final deadline of accepting those forms in general, maybe they have deadline for that.
sure, they have a deadline. It's September 30, 2008.