• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

i cannot get the link now but google 'affidavit of support' from the internet and you will get the form. Other documetns include, tax clearance for some years, bank statement, attestation letter from whre he works and one more document.. i cannot rember now
Thanks. l strongly believe our interview will be in August so l just want to keep things in oder:)

Affidavit of Support

Is there any way around this? If I don't know anyone in the US, can I simply show them that I have enough money to sustain myself or I just have to find a sponsor to write me an affidavit of support :confused:

i cannot get the link now but google 'affidavit of support' from the internet and you will get the form. Other documetns include, tax clearance for some years, bank statement, attestation letter from whre he works and one more document.. i cannot rember now
Thanks. l strongly believe our interview will be in August so l just want to keep things in oder:)

Is there any way around this? If I don't know anyone in the US, can I simply show them that I have enough money to sustain myself or I just have to find a sponsor to write me an affidavit of support :confused:

You need AOS only if you are married.

i need ur advise Modest

hi modest, i ve been placed under AP since last six month and i lernt that pple that their AP have reach 6 month re now receiving call 4rm the embassy .in my own case,i lost my phone number that i gave the embassy and i mailed them to inform them that im using new line but i dont think they re checking mail at all.im now sugesting that i should go for enqiury in person or what do u think?if i must to go,can i carry my document that result me under AP along for submission or what?they have with them all my document except my passport and my orioginal WASSCE certificate which result me to AP.i also have that 221g(AP) sheet.they said,that will enable me to enter embassy on my second interview date.Secondly,i don't have state address,but i think i can lodge in a hotel for some time so as to complete my processing such as issueing of driving license,SSN and so on,before i can able to get my own place.cause i dont think that i can get house in a state without all these stuff,isn't it? i can't afford this opportunity to pass me by,that why im thinking that i should go straight to the embassy to know what's happening about my case. i will be glad if u can enlight me on my case asap.thanks bro,more greese to ur elbow.
niyi
Case Number:200800000+++
Under AP:confused
:confused::confused::confused:

congratulation to you all.

hi every winners in the house,i wish this will last for long and will also turn to epitome of good things in re life.more success ahead.once more congratulation!!!!!!!!
niyi

congratulation to you all.

:hi every winners in the house,i wish this will last for long and will also turn to epitome of good things in re life.more success ahead.once more congratulation!!!!!!!!
niyi
:):):):)

For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2008 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 38,050 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 13,400
EUROPE 29,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 13
OCEANIA 1,650
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN Current

D. MEXICO F2A VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Continued heavy demand for numbers in the Mexico F2A category will require the retrogression of this cut-off date beginning in July to hold number use within the annual numerical limit.

E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

Demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices for adjustment of status cases, is expected to bring the Employment Third preference category very close to the annual numerical limit in June. As a result, this category is likely to experience retrogressions or visa unavailability beginning

My people in the house. June visa bulletin has made me current. am happy to know that. Please how many days do i have to wait before i can mail KCC about my Interview date?.

My people in the house. June visa bulletin has made me current. am happy to know that. Please how many days do i have to wait before i can mail KCC about my Interview date?.
Congrat, will be praying for you and l know that God will do it for you and for this house because you have been a wonderful member:)

Affidavit of Support

You need AOS only if you are married.

I am married with a 2 yr old kid. I don't have a sponsor in US. Can I just show them them that I have a certain amount of money to sustain myself and family? If so, how much?

Onyi congrats. You can mail kcc immediately. They wil confirm your interview date and the date your second package was dispatched.

I am married with a 2 yr old kid. I don't have a sponsor in US. Can I just show them them that I have a certain amount of money to sustain myself and family? If so, how much?

U surely need a sponsor to provide you an Affidavit of Support no matter how much savings you have.

Pray, God will connect you to someone. Thank God time is still on your side.

The idea of AOS doesn't necesarily mean someone who will sponsor you financially.The rationale is that they(the consulate) expects you to at least know someone in the US who can volunteer legally to accommodate you for the first couple of months before you find a suitable job.Of course they know that you have enough money to sponsor yourself whilst you are in the US but if you can proove that you can afford hotel accommodation for as long as it will take you to find a job and pay rent, then i am sure they will not bother you with AOS.
Having said that, knowing someone in the US who will be willing to take you on board is also an assurrance to the Consulate that you will not become a charge on public services and also you can be contacted easily by the immigration services where the need be(SSN,Green Card,welcome letter etc).
My personal advise is that as long as you can proove that you have substantial amount of money in your savings account,you must also endeavour to get someone in the US to at least assure you of a safe place to sleep on arrival.This assurance should be in the form of a letter and other supporting documents.Last but not the least, i believe AOS is a must for prospective immigrants who have children like me and you.This is just my opinion and i hope no one misconstrues me.You have every right to take it or leave it. Thank you very much.

The idea of AOS doesn't necesarily mean someone who will sponsor you financially.The rationale is that they(the consulate) expects you to at least know someone in the US who can volunteer legally to accommodate you for the first couple of months before you find a suitable job.Of course they know that you have enough money to sponsor yourself whilst you are in the US but if you can proove that you can afford hotel accommodation for as long as it will take you to find a job and pay rent, then i am sure they will not bother you with AOS.
Having said that, knowing someone in the US who will be willing to take you on board is also an assurrance to the Consulate that you will not become a charge on public services and also you can be contacted easily by the immigration services where the need be(SSN,Green Card,welcome letter etc).
My personal advise is that as long as you can proove that you have substantial amount of money in your savings account,you must also endeavour to get someone in the US to at least assure you of a safe place to sleep on arrival.This assurance should be in the form of a letter and other supporting documents.Last but not the least, i believe AOS is a must for prospective immigrants who have children like me and you.This is just my opinion and i hope no one misconstrues me.You have every right to take it or leave it. Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for the informative piece. In as much as I have a lot of time, I am not sure I will ever find a sponsor. I'll have to pray hard. The people I know in the US are either illegal or on work permits, which disqualifies them automatically. Pray for me pliz.

welcome to america
i hope everything is in place and you are very ready for the interview

you are highly favoured

Congrats Onyii, just saw i'm also current, i feel good and at the same time nervous. House pls. pray for us.

I wish all current people success and also, those that will be current in the next few months.

Any Help Please!!

Hello ALL,
I have some few Questions.

1. I sent my package back to KCC. I am currently waiting for the 2nd letter from KCC. Any idea how long this will take?

2. Do you have to make an appointment (info pass) to see the local USCIS to determine if I can adjust my status (F1)? Is it that ONLY by visiting the local office will determine if I am eligible to adjust my status?? I have always been on status since I came to America. I live far from my local office, and just don’t want to drive if it’s not a big deal.

3. What information do KCC provide when they send you the second letter after you have notified them that you want AOS?

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the informative piece. In as much as I have a lot of time, I am not sure I will ever find a sponsor. I'll have to pray hard. The people I know in the US are either illegal or on work permits, which disqualifies them automatically. Pray for me pliz.

Seek and you will find, even if it means paying. Your friends can help you if you let them know you are ready to pay whoever will you ($500 -700). But, be careful. Note: the aos is not meant for the married alone as some people write.