• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

I WENT BACK TO THE CONSULATE TODAY TO SUBMIT THE WAEC CHARGE CARD, AFTER WAITING ALL DAY, I WAS CALLED FOR ANOTHER INTERVIEW AGAIN, SHE ASKED ME WHAT IS GEOGRAPHY, WHAT IS ECONOMICS. I GAVE HER THE CHARGE CARD, SHE SAID THEIR COMPUYER IS DOWN THAT THEY COULD NOT VERIFY MY WAEC, SHE THEN GAVE ME A NOTE STATING THAT, MY CASE WOULD GO FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING AND THAT IT WOULD LAST SIX TO TWELVE MONTH.
MY QUESTION TIO THE HOUSE IS THAT, BEFORE SIX MONTH THE YEAR 2008 FISCAL YEAR WILL END.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW. WHEN DO I CALL OR GO TO THE EMBASSY AGAIN.
IS THERE ANY MEMBER WHO HAD GONE THROUGH ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING BEFORE. ALSO WHAT DOES THIS ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING IS ALL ABOUT ?

THE ONLY THIHNG U CAN DO AT THIS POINT IS TO BE PRAYERFULL AND I BELIEVE THEY WILL SURELY CALLED U BACK AND GIVE U THE VISA BEFORE THE END OF THIS FISCAL YEAR. I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT YOUR PROBLEM ARISE BECAUSE U COULD NOT CONVINCE THE CONSULAR OFFICER YOU MERIT THE RESULT U PRESENTED TO HIM/HER AND THEY WILL LIKE TO GO ALL OUT TO VERIFY IF TRUELY THE RESULT IS YOURS. THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGHT!

this was how my interview goes...
inter ; Goodmorning
Me ; Goodmorning Sir
i did the oat swearing thing.
Then he asked for my names place of birth ,date of birth which i answered.then he broughtout my certificates and coment on them and ask me questions like why did i not further my studies,why was my english grade low when i speak fluent and pretty good english that was the exact words use,so i said i did my best but the examiner said my best was not good enough,so he ask if they took me on Oral test i said no,so he said if it were oral i would have passed,because i speak fluet pretty good english,so said congratulations,come and gave me a blue paper and told me wen to come for pickup,

My brothers Oluwa is too much and Oluwa is with us all.Oluwas favor was and is still in completely control
Oluwawithusall

Glory be to God...We are happy that you finally made it..our turn is coming.

Our Interview Experience

Hello House,
Just as I promised to relate to you all our successful interview experince. Below is how it all went.
We got to the embassy about 6:20 am on that day. We meet people already on queue so accordly we joined. We were checked in at abuot 7:05am without problems.
We sat in the hall until our number was called. My wife is the principal applicat. She was asked to submit her documents by one unfriendly nigerian woman. Well God saw us through from her unfriendly manners. We were asked to pay almost about thesame timethe documents were being collected.
After that round of checking of documents, we sat down again to listen for our number.
At about 9:56AM our number was called and the following conversation ensued.
Whitee:Goodmoring.
Applicant: Goodmorning madam
Whitee:Your right hand up to take this oath after me (bla.. bla. bla.)
Applicant: ok
Whitee:please sign this form for me
Applicant: ok
Whitee:When did u finish secondary school
Applicant: bla-bla- bla
Whitee:Did you go to the university?
Applicant: Yes
Whitee:What did u study?
Applicant; Bla-bla
Whitee:what are R.E (R.E is a professional term in my wife's field)
Applicant: bla.. bla
Whitee:How many types of R.E do u know
Applicant: Bla.. Bla..
Whitee:please wait I am going to do a letter for you.
Applicant: ok.
Whitee:Can I have evidence of your relationship
Applicant: Yes (my wife gave her a well packaged photo album)
Whitee:How long have you been married?
Applicant: Bla-- bla.
At this point I knew it was all over.
Whitee:shift to my right for your finger print
Applicant: ok (mine was also taken.
Whitee:Congratulations; you can come for your visa next week (ie a week from now)
Applicant:Thank you
That was all my people and this whole session lasted for about 3mins or so
I was not asked one single question.
First I thank God who granted us favour and to you all who contributed in no small measure.

hi nedichuks,congratulations again on your successful interview,i do have a question ....usually one has the photos for different occassions in different albums(wedding ,engagement ,early pix,birthdays ,funerals etc)did you remove samples from all this different albums into one single album and present this single album or bring all the different albums?sorry the question may seem silly but my wife and i can not decide whetther to take our wedding albums and other albums to the interview (they are really big and bulky) or just get one well stocked album with different pictures....pls reply ASAP our interview is soon.

hello mideollu11,i will advise u to just even check if is still remain.never,i said never left any of them behind ,cause that is ur pass word for ur visa issue.in as much u and ur wife re apeared on them.take as many as posible with u on ur day of interview. best luck bro.
niyi
case no 2008AF00000***
under AP

this was how my interview goes...
inter ; Goodmorning
Me ; Goodmorning Sir
i did the oat swearing thing.
Then he asked for my names place of birth ,date of birth which i answered.then he broughtout my certificates and coment on them and ask me questions like why did i not further my studies,why was my english grade low when i speak fluent and pretty good english that was the exact words use,so i said i did my best but the examiner said my best was not good enough,so he ask if they took me on Oral test i said no,so he said if it were oral i would have passed,because i speak fluet pretty good english,so said congratulations,come and gave me a blue paper and told me wen to come for pickup,

My brothers Oluwa is too much and Oluwa is with us all.Oluwas favor was and is still in completely control
Oluwawithusall

a big congratulations

hello syntaxpro,watz up,any call or email 4rm the embassy yet?i have been mail them but they refused to answer me.i think we should just go 4 enquiry in person or what do u think?just let me know if u hear 4rm them.u can mail me through my email segtee4real@yahoo.com.thanks,expecting ur mail soon.will shall praise God at the end.

mildolu,during my interview at least 3ppl came with the pictures,big big albums,brown envelops bulky one full of pictures of diffrent occassions and events,to Oluwa be the glory,they gave all of them and they also took time to at least view about 3-5 pictures on every event and ask questions,so my brother carry pictures go there oooo

hi nedichuks,congratulations again on your successful interview,i do have a question ....usually one has the photos for different occassions in different albums(wedding ,engagement ,early pix,birthdays ,funerals etc)did you remove samples from all this different albums into one single album and present this single album or bring all the different albums?sorry the question may seem silly but my wife and i can not decide whetther to take our wedding albums and other albums to the interview (they are really big and bulky) or just get one well stocked album with different pictures....pls reply ASAP our interview is soon.
Hi, Mideolu11
We arranged all the photos in ONE single album. We picked samples photoes from our courtship period, wedding, native law, honeymoon, baby naming, ceremonial pictures with friends and relations and others. The album should be able to capture YOU and YOUR WIFE at different occation of your life.

during my interview at least 3ppl came with the pictures,big big albums,brown envelops bulky one full of pictures of diffrent occassions and events,to Oluwa be the glory,they gave all of them and they also took time to at least view about 3-5 pictures on every event and ask questions,so my brother carry pictures go there oooo

Are the pictures to be arranged in a new photo album as one group or just arrange them in an envelope and present to them during the interview

Only fill the forms correctly

Do i need to send all docs mentioned in d NL pack to KCC or do i need to send just d forms and my photos to KCC? Plz help
DV2009

u don't need to send all those doc. but u need to fill the forms correctly,ok
Best of luck!

Hi every one in the house, sorry for not always participating in the discussions, its because of school, i just finished my 1st semester exams.

Congratulations for those that had a very successful interview, its really amazing what God can do.

Well, i got my NPC attestation letter yesterday, but i want to ask if i have to disregard the previous birth certificate i had or do i have to take the two together to my interview.

disregard the old birth certificate especially if it's not authenic or has incorrect information not tallying with your DV entry, if its authentic(ie not back dated and gotten from a proper local govt office at the time of your birth )then you can use it in place of the NPC.the reason i d advice against showing both is because most people with authentic birth certificates do not need NPC.showing both might raise questions....house any other opinions?

disregard the old birth certificate especially if it's not authenic or has incorrect information not tallying with your DV entry, if its authentic(ie not back dated and gotten from a proper local govt office at the time of your birth )then you can use it in place of the NPC.the reason i d advice against showing both is because most people with authentic birth certificates do not need NPC.showing both might raise questions....house any other opinions?
You are right... any of them can be used. Personally, I used NPC and it went fine. If you are not sure of the autheticity of the birth cert; then you can use NPC that you are very sure of. Atleast the information contained in NPC can match with the entries you have in the DV form

Is there any dressing code for the interview? Is it advisable to dress corporate or otherwise? Pls let's hear from those who have gone for their interviews.

Is there any dressing code for the interview? Is it advisable to dress corporate or otherwise? Pls let's hear from those who have gone for their interviews.
No dress code... Just be good in your dress.. I went in suite though. but i saw some in native attire.
All the best