• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Why?

Please how do i reschedule my interview date,Presently my passport is not yet out,i have not done my medicals and i have not gotten my police report,my intview is slated for first week of may,please how do i go about my resheduling on interview date,what time do i reach the embassy?what and what do i take along with me to the embassy?what are likely questions they will ask me,who do i meet at the embassy,please repond urgently.

CASE NO 2008AF10XXX

Why did you delay till this time? Anyway, i will suggest you go to the embassy by 11am (mon-thur) to enquire about how you can reschedule your interview. Go with all documents you hav received from kcc. You may have to do that today bearing in mind that tomorrow is a public holiday (not sure if embassy will open) since you said your interview is next week.

My advise is that she should get the forms for WASC and NECO (both are better), do the exam before sending the forms so that submitting a little late will move her interview date forward. Postponing interview itself is suspicious. So why not have interview deferred by KCC and have her result at hand.

J Cloud I share your view. It's too early for her to give up. At least for now she is not making any serious financial commitment yet. I believe she can approach it by taking a step at a time. I will advise that she should not fill/return the form yet, until around July, this will afford her the opportunity to fill the correct information as per her O'Level, by then she should have known which exam she's taking. Even by the time she becomes current, she shouldnt make any serious financial commitment yet like police report, medicals etc, until she has her result with at least 5 credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview success

we had a successful interview today, although the visa cannot be issued yet, the police report for my husband need to be re-issued from Nigeria. I was able to go to Nigeria, so one was fine.

Anyone doing Nigeeria police report for UK, your finger prints needs to be done in the present of a police officer if you can not travel to Nigeria. They will check the stamps on your passport so do not try to be smart, u will be refused if find to have lied.

I will not even call the experience at interview, just wedding certification, birth certificate and work experience. He said we qualified based on work experience and certificate. He didint care about the spouse at all, the whole thing just seems so ununsual, cant even say it was an experience.

Thank God it is over.

ObyBoy,
i just like to chip in a word or two in relation to your case. I can deduce from the details you have supplied that the consular you met on the day has misjudged you as
1.having impersonted the actual winner.
2.not having the requisite academic background to qualify for a DV Visa meaning that your waec certificates are fake
3. not smart enough to survive in America if you can't remember the details of your major accademic diiscipline 5 years ago.
4. if you really studied science, why are you working in an administrative role?
Purely from the point of view of a psychologist,these questions are still pending on the mind of the consular or any other person who might interview you in the next session .Mind you, they are not there to deny people of their visa but only those who are not confident.Lack of confidence in front of a smart consular means 'SUSPISION'.

Advise:
Much as we'll all remember you in prayer to sail through your next interview(lucky to get one after 6 months),we also want you to outsmart them by getting all your facts right.Be confident in your appearance and try not to pass any wrong signals accross in your answers or your gestures.Finally you need to analyse the 4 posibilities i have outlined and find detailed solutions to them before you go.The rest should be left to God.

Thanks
Abeku.
Just to let you know that God has answered our prayers on my head. Thanks to every one that prayed with me as I requested. After six months of administrative processing, I was called back for another interview and it was successful.

When I got to the embassy, I presented my letter reading you will be re-invited after administrative processing is completed. Then I was allowed in. shortly after that, the consular officer called my DV number and I walked up to her. She greeted good afternoon young lady and I responded to her say good afternoon madam how is work? and she responded.

She said ok, what was it that you did in your project at school? I answered. She asked again what made you to choose the project topic and I answered. She said ok good, congratulations and welcome to US.

She turn back pick up a letter from her printer and gave to me. The later reads that i should come back to pick up my visa on 5 May.

Special thanks to you Abeku for you wonderful advise.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to both of you. Rasbabbe and obyoby the lord has done it for you. and may this page be filled with more testimonies. Amen.

police report nigeria

rashbabee

pls i don't seem to understand ur post as regards nigeria's police report.

cause i live in london. do i have to travel home to get the police report done or simply get a form from niger, posted to me, go to a police station for thumb print and send it back home

pls what do u advice

Please is it possible to do medical in 1 day since my interview is next week,and bcos of the delay in my passport i can not go there in the morning on friday i can only be there by 12pm or 1pm,his it still possible and wat and wat do i do immidiately i get there?

oluwawithusall,
i d advice you as much as is possible do NOT postpone your interview.i need to get some thing right do you have your passport now?if not are you sure to have it by 12noon tomorrow(friday) if so hurry to kamoras and start your medicals ,at least get there by 12noon to be on the safe side and pay and register to take your medical tests,kamoras usually wastes a lot of time with just sitting around so once you have registered properly take off for alagban for your police report ,you need your passport for this so make sure its with you and a photocopy of your passport's data page .police report can take as little as an hour and a half to process and recieve.make sure you call ahead ,i remember a ASP Nuhu usued by others on this forum.cost usually 2500/3000 but if you most pay more to speed things up pls do,then dash back to kamoras for your medicals if already called give some excuse for not being around and wait patiently for them to get back to you,its impossible to finish medicals in one visit but at the embassey you just tell them your medicals have being started but results are not available yet.it might help if you use okada for all you runs with in v.i. and ikoyi becos those areas can be so unpredictable and you have time constraints. all i have adviced is assumming all your other documents are ready,birth ,WAEC and affidavit of support if you are married???pls ask questions if there is anything you do not understand no time for errors now.
PS.remember you need two passport photograghs for kamoras and another two for alagbon

You dont need to go to Nigeria.

rashbabee

pls i don't seem to understand ur post as regards nigeria's police report.

cause i live in london. do i have to travel home to get the police report done or simply get a form from niger, posted to me, go to a police station for thumb print and send it back home

pls what do u advice

Jesu nifinisher

Option 1

Go to the police station, they will put your finger print directly unto their own finger print paper with thier stamp on it, this shld then be sent to Nigeria and all other required document. The finger does not need to be cut up ,just attached to the police report. This is acceptable, it is really the stamping that matter.

Option 2

Get someone to send you the actual form from Nigeria, take that to the police station here, u need to book an appointment for it to be done and it will cost you 60pounds. I do no know how long to get an appointment so you have to hurry if you appointment is close. The number is 02072302099 8.30-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3pm Monday, tues, thrus and friday.

Why it cost so much i really dont know. why the way your finger prints is gotten shld matter with the nigeria police cert. is strange becos you do not even need finger print for the uk police report, it is only your photo that is on it and your name and passport number-it shld be the same for Nigeria - i really dont know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mileolu11,thanks for ur advice,i will do just that,my birth certificate too is in progress,i paid extra to get it speedup uptil now i have not gotten it,so first thing on friday is to go to npc and see wat is happning and if it is ready i collect and leave to passport office to get my P,then i will go immidiately to kamoras ,please do u have the asp nuhu telephone number?plz give it to me let me inform him of my coming.
Case Number 2008AF00010xxx

Try and get more money.

Please how do i reschedule my interview date,Presently my passport is not yet out,i have not done my medicals and i have not gotten my police report,my intview is slated for first week of may,please how do i go about my resheduling on interview date,what time do i reach the embassy?what and what do i take along with me to the embassy?what are likely questions they will ask me,who do i meet at the embassy,please repond urgently.

CASE NO 2008AF10XXX

Try and get more money and go to Immigration office at Ikoyi,u could talk to some officers there ,they will definetely assist you but they will collect more money from you and u might get it the following day. best of luck bro.

Successful Interview

Great House,
We had a successful interview on 28th of april. All thanks to every member of this forum for allyour advice. May God bless you all..
We are still in Lagos waiting for our pickup date on monday next week. So when I go back to Benin, I will give the detail of our experience. Truely we had no stress. By 10am were out of that place. My wife who was the principal applicant was asked little or nothing. I just concluded that it was God's favour and the contribution from youall..
One family was disqualified because of mis-spelling of names. I guess they do notbelong to this house I am sure they would have know what to do.
Once more thanks to God and everyone in the house

Congratulations Rasbabbe, obyoby & nedichucks enjoy your success and Good luck to all to be interviewed this May. The good Lord will make all come back to this house say give great testimonies.

ASP Nuhu is number is 08023090413.think carefully about the sequence of places you plan to go to,kamoras would probably close to new patient by 12noon maybe 1 pm on friday ,they are very funny and not very client friendly so if you most at least start your medicals by tomorrow and not next week ,you must get there by 12noon preferably and when you get there do not just let time pass on a line but approch the person at the reception and collect a number or acknowledgement that you arrived before 12noon,i suspect NPC does not close till 4pm but is far from ikoyi /v.i. al the best stay cool,its well

dear nudichucks,
congrats on your successful interview.would ready like to have a comprehensive account of your interview experience....

Great House,
We had a successful interview on 28th of april. All thanks to every member of this forum for allyour advice. May God bless you all..
We are still in Lagos waiting for our pickup date on monday next week. So when I go back to Benin, I will give the detail of our experience. Truely we had no stress. By 10am were out of that place. My wife who was the principal applicant was asked little or nothing. I just concluded that it was God's favour and the contribution from youall..
One family was disqualified because of mis-spelling of names. I guess they do notbelong to this house I am sure they would have know what to do.
Once more thanks to God and everyone in the house
u from b-side?

thanks mildeolu11 i just spoke to asp nuhu,so i will be there tommorrow,but the guy sences am say i dey despirate,so him nak me bill,anyway i will be there to discuss with him,thanks to everybody,oluwaithusall,God will continue to perform wonders on this site.

Congrats to all who had successful interview lately Rashbabe,ObyOby and Nedichuks. The Lord who did it for you all will do it for the rest of us too. Everyone of us that will be having our interview this month, i want to let you know that God is too faithful to fail. We are all coming back here to post our success stories.
Shalom.

Baptismal Certificate

Baptismal certificate is one of the documents listed to be brought along on the interview day. How important is it? what if someone does not have one?