• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Now there is this problem. the wife has no O level. From the case number one can predict an interview of around October or November 2008. Even if she take the next coming GCE, the result may not come out before Interview.
Please, my people what is the solution to this situation. I have asked her to go and get her secondary school result no matter how bad it might be so that we can know where to start. May looking at things, the secondary school result will not be in a good shape and that is why she have not bothered to look for it ever since she finished her secondary school.

Onyii,hit me on benlay4u@yahoo.com so we can exchange numbers and talk,ok[/QUOTE]

postponing their interview and bringing a very recent GCE/WAEC result could call for quarry of their application when they inventually go for their interview. we shouldn't 4get that this people know our educational system more than us and also know what goes on in 9ja. though, it could work but they shold ready a real fight with the embassy and they should put it before GOD ALMIGHTY

NPC Certificate

please i have a question for those that have gone for their interviews if one can get the NPC birth certificate in another state Population office apart from one`s state of origin population office.{why am asking is that i don't live in my state of origin and my work wont allow that time of traveling away for that long}

please i have a question for those that have gone for their interviews if one can get the NPC birth certificate in another state Population office apart from one`s state of origin population office.{why am asking is that i don't live in my state of origin and my work wont allow that time of traveling away for that long}

since NCP is a 9ja thing, you can do NCP birth certificate any where in 9ja

I don't know for sure but it hink she is actually disqualified if she didn't have the required qualification at the time of registering for dv lottery

i get your idea Johnkent you making the point, [i know someone in DV 2006 that filled awaiting results in his DV forms and sent to KCC and before his interview his results came out in flying colors and he presented it at the embassy and he was granted his visa]but see my reason of suggesting that way for them is that since she is going to be doing a new o`level she cant fill the DS forms now because in the column of highest qualification at date she has none and no exam year to write there so she should wait till after the exams and then fill and return the forms,pray she passes the 5 credits and finallly pray she finds divine favour on her interview day.

Good Ideas..

woo,, you guys are just wonderful, You know, i never thought of any idea at all.. but i think from the way it is now.. there can be hope. Imagine putting hope where there is hopeless..:D

More Ideas if any...

i get your idea Johnkent you making the point, [i know someone in DV 2006 that filled awaiting results in his DV forms and sent to KCC and before his interview his results came out in flying colors and he presented it at the embassy and he was granted his visa]but see my reason of suggesting that way for them is that since she is going to be doing a new o`level she cant fill the DS forms now because in the column of highest qualification at date she has none and no exam year to write there so she should wait till after the exams and then fill and return the forms,pray she passes the 5 credits and finallly pray she finds divine favour on her interview day.

I was actually thinking about it. The lowest qualification needed to apply for DV lottery is a high school diploma. so if this person graduated from secondary sch and can show proof of it, i think they should be fine but he/she has to take the next GCE or whatever as soon as possible.

I was actually thinking about it. The lowest qualification needed to apply for DV lottery is a high school diploma. so if this person graduated from secondary sch and can show proof of it, i think they should be fine but he/she has to take the next GCE or whatever as soon as possible.

Sure, but Onyii will have to ask the couple who won what she filled in the main DV lottery form,because if she ticked the column of work qualification then there is problem but if she ticked her highest qualification is high school diploma as Johnkent said the she Ok.Good luck

Sure, but Onyii will have to ask the couple who won what she filled in the main DV lottery form,because if she ticked the column of work qualification then there is problem but if she ticked her highest qualification is high school diploma as Johnkent said the she Ok.Good luck

yeah, work qualification really dosen't work for nigerians. I hope she didn't choose that

yeah, work qualification really dosen't work for nigerians. I hope she didn't choose that

Work Qualification difers, if it a handwork type, it will definately qualifies such person, but u must have a government aproved certification on that. I have a friend whose brother got is visa through skilled labour, he did not have old Level,infact he did not complet his sec. education but he was a mechanic in Nigeria and got his Cert, He is in Texas today. so if she can have that cert. then the problem is solve, registering for GCE now is a waste, what is the assurance she will make or even if she makes it, she can not hold others to ransome the visa is limited it is not automatic for winners and no American Embassy will response to her by 1st OCT 2009.

The lady filled in high school diploma (O' Level ) for qualification. But from my findings, the O' level may not be in good shape. From what has been happing in previous interview it is obvious that Nigerians are faced with higher measures when it comes to Education qualifications. Besides the couple are not the bright (smart) type. there are not the type one can advice to forget the Visa proccessing. the wont understand.

The lady filled in high school diploma (O' Level ) for qualification. But from my findings, the O' level may not be in good shape. From what has been happing in previous interview it is obvious that Nigerians are faced with higher measures when it comes to Education qualifications. Besides the couple are not the bright (smart) type. there are not the type one can advice to forget the Visa proccessing. the wont understand.

In mine own opinion, she should delay the returns of the form pending when the 'coast' is favourable. It is not easy to stake lots of dollars like that.

woo,, you guys are just wonderful, You know, i never thought of any idea at all.. but i think from the way it is now.. there can be hope. Imagine putting hope where there is hopeless..:D

More Ideas if any...

tell her to find out if NECO or GCE forms are available now,
if yes let her obtain d form write d exams number in d forn and fill awaitinq reults, send d form back to kcc and read for d exams and pass

culled from 2007 thread

Just felt I should chip this in for those yet to do their medicals:

These are the requirements from Kamorass clinic (with effect from July 17, 2006) contained in a slip of paper they give you at the reception:

1. International passport

(For married women, if you are still using the passport you got as a single and you have an 'observation' from Immigrations indicating a change of status/name, that passport will be rejected at the clinic. You therefore will need to get a new passport. Happened to a woman while I was there. The husband was allowed to start his medicals but wife wasn't unless she got a new passport indicating her marital name)

2. two passport photographs

3. medical forms (included in your 2nd letter ) Pls don't fill them as they will be collected from you at the clinic and u'll pay (N60 per person) for new ones which will be filled by the doctor.

4. Adults: N15,800 each (15yrs & above). Initial deposit of N10,000 each.

5. Children: N9,300 each (14yrs & below)

6. Children below 5yrs should come with vaccination records

Days: Monday - Friday (before 9a.m) We actually started ours on a Saturday but whichever day you go, be prepared to have a lot of patience because the clinic despite having done these things for several years is still not as organized as it should be. So a lot of time is wasted.

Ist day of Medicals
On the first day, you'll sign a form approving that an AIDS test should be carried out for you and your blood sample will be taken for AIDS & syphilis tests. You'll also do an X-ray same day. If you have children, the doctor will check their vaccination records (if you have any) and ask you to pay for some vaccinations for them to take same day. You may be asked to bring them back for 2nd doses at a later date which you will also pay for when they go for the 2nd dose(S).

After the X-ray & blood sample are taken, you'll be given an appointment for a 2nd examination. In our own case, that was three weeks after the first examination! So as soon as you get your 2nd letter, start on time.

2nd examination
3 weeks after, we were there. You also have to go with your receipts from the first day and international passport (including the children's) if you want to be able to collect your results that day.

You are weighed, sight tested (you're asked to read some alphabets on a wall). For those using glasses, you read with your glasses on.

The doctor asks you to remove your top and lie down on the couch to take your blood pressure, check your heart beat & your tummy. Ladies, take note here as you also have to take off your blouse! Was embarrassing but what could we do? At the x-ray room, you also take off your top but at least you do that in a changing cubicle and you put on an overall to take the x-ray.

Well, that's all. The doctor makes his notes and I believe usually tells you your results are fine if you have no issues. He also indicates on a slip of paper the necessary vaccinations to be taken which you are then asked to pay for. After payment, you're given the vaccinations and told to come back for a second dose if necessary and if you're still in Nigeria otherwise you’re told to take 2nd dose in America. You later collect your results (sealed) and warned not to open until you're asked to at the embassy.

That's all. I hope this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just felt I should chip this in for those yet to do their medicals:

These are the requirements from Kamorass clinic (with effect from July 17, 2006) contained in a slip of paper they give you at the reception:

1. International passport

(For married women, if you are still using the passport you got as a single and you have an 'observation' from Immigrations indicating a change of status/name, that passport will be rejected at the clinic. You therefore will need to get a new passport. Happened to a woman while I was there. The husband was allowed to start his medicals but wife wasn't unless she got a new passport indicating her marital name)

2. two passport photographs

3. medical forms (included in your 2nd letter ) Pls don't fill them as they will be collected from you at the clinic and u'll pay (N60 per person) for new ones which will be filled by the doctor.

4. Adults: N15,800 each (15yrs & above). Initial deposit of N10,000 each.

5. Children: N9,300 each (14yrs & below)

6. Children below 5yrs should come with vaccination records

Days: Monday - Friday (before 9a.m) We actually started ours on a Saturday but whichever day you go, be prepared to have a lot of patience because the clinic despite having done these things for several years is still not as organized as it should be. So a lot of time is wasted.

Ist day of Medicals
On the first day, you'll sign a form approving that an AIDS test should be carried out for you and your blood sample will be taken for AIDS & syphilis tests. You'll also do an X-ray same day. If you have children, the doctor will check their vaccination records (if you have any) and ask you to pay for some vaccinations for them to take same day. You may be asked to bring them back for 2nd doses at a later date which you will also pay for when they go for the 2nd dose(S).

After the X-ray & blood sample are taken, you'll be given an appointment for a 2nd examination. In our own case, that was three weeks after the first examination! So as soon as you get your 2nd letter, start on time.

2nd examination
3 weeks after, we were there. You also have to go with your receipts from the first day and international passport (including the children's) if you want to be able to collect your results that day.

You are weighed, sight tested (you're asked to read some alphabets on a wall). For those using glasses, you read with your glasses on.

The doctor asks you to remove your top and lie down on the couch to take your blood pressure, check your heart beat & your tummy. Ladies, take note here as you also have to take off your blouse! Was embarrassing but what could we do? At the x-ray room, you also take off your top but at least you do that in a changing cubicle and you put on an overall to take the x-ray.

Well, that's all. The doctor makes his notes and I believe usually tells you your results are fine if you have no issues. He also indicates on a slip of paper the necessary vaccinations to be taken which you are then asked to pay for. After payment, you're given the vaccinations and told to come back for a second dose if necessary and if you're still in Nigeria otherwise you’re told to take 2nd dose in America. You later collect your results (sealed) and warned not to open until you're asked to at the embassy. Pls remember to collect your children's results. We forgot to take along our children's passports so we had to go back following day.

That's all. I hope this helps someone.

This is a briliant one. The first ever self explainatory guidelines on medicals.
Thanks BOSOM.

No WAEC/GCE (5 Credits) ... No VISA!!! I won the DV lottery myself as a Tailor (trader) but was denied visa at the interview. I spent so much money all to no avail ... Don't waste your money and time. In Nigeria, no WAEC/GCE no VISA, period...

Last edited by a moderator:
No WAEC/GCE (5 Credits) ... No VISA!!! I won the DV lottery myself as a Tailor (trader) but was denied visa at the interview. I spent so much money all to no avail ... Don't waste your money and time. In Nigeria, now WAEC/GCE no VISA, period...

My advise is that she should get the forms for WASC and NECO (both are better), do the exam before sending the forms so that submitting a little late will move her interview date forward. Postponing interview itself is suspicious. So why not have interview deferred by KCC and have her result at hand.

Please how do i reschedule my interview date,Presently my passport is not yet out,i have not done my medicals and i have not gotten my police report,my intview is slated for first week of may,please how do i go about my resheduling on interview date,what time do i reach the embassy?what and what do i take along with me to the embassy?what are likely questions they will ask me,who do i meet at the embassy,please repond urgently.

CASE NO 2008AF10XXX

Please how do i reschedule my interview date,Presently my passport is not yet out,i have not done my medicals and i have not gotten my police report,my intview is slated for first week of may,please how do i go about my resheduling on interview date,what time do i reach the embassy?what and what do i take along with me to the embassy?what are likely questions they will ask me,who do i meet at the embassy,please repond urgently.

CASE NO 2008AF10XXX

why did u have to wait till the last minuete? anyway, i don't have an answer to ur question.