• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

We got ours from our state of birth. We leave in Abuja but got it from Enugu State. It's an attestation from your state of birth NPC. If Lagos is your state of birth, then go ahead and get it from there, if not and you can't travel, get someone from your state to help you and send it to you.

THANKS,ITS NOTED

Dear Modest

I'm a Nigerian Dv 2008 Winner awaiting Case to be current,Pls can u clear the following issues:

1. Do i need an affidavid of support or any other evidence of support as a single applicant(I'm not married and i didn't applied as a married applicant)? A friend of mine who just collected his visa was not ask of any evidence of support. He also said if you are a single applicant you do not need an evidence of support. How true is this?

2.My WAEC is 3 Credits in other subjects and my IJMBE O'level 2 Credits in English and Maths total-5credits. I'm also a Graduate.Can this 2 Credits(English and Maths) in O'level IJMBE(Interim Joint Admission And Matriculation Examination) affect me in any way?
Thanks in advance.

Dear Modest

Dear Modest.

1. Must one obtain the NPC Attestation of Birth from his/her State of origin. I'm from Benue State but leaves in Lagos,I obtained mine in Lagos.

Dear Modest and any other with info.

1. I'm still confused about the exact feel i need to pay in all on my interview day. Somebody said the feel has been increased from 755-775 dollars. I thought the fees was 335dollars and has recently been increased to 355dollars. Pls help with the exact figures.

hi

hi syntaxpro, i call the embassy but their is no new thing,they only refferedme back to their website which i have known before by their automated machine.i mean thier lagoscons2@state.gov.i have been sending mail to this site almost every day but no reply 4rm them i think we gotto go to the embassy by ourself or what do u think bro?::)

you, don't need to send them so many emails... i'm sure the next response u will get from them is "to refrain sending emails dat ur case is still under review.. and as soon as it is over u will be notified".... i felt the same when my case was under review as well(administrative process).... my first interview was in may 2007..and i didn't get any response frm the embassy until august '07....(they will notify u either by email or by phone) "i was notified by phone"..... my second interview was sep 07...and i was told to pick up even after the dv 2006/2007 ended.... i picked up October 10 2007......
as long as all the documents u dropped are genuine..... u don't av to worry..... cos they'll confirm evry thin to the last bit.......
Let be be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS

hi

Dear Modest

I'm a Nigerian Dv 2008 Winner awaiting Case to be current,Pls can u clear the following issues:

1. Do i need an affidavid of support or any other evidence of support as a single applicant(I'm not married and i didn't applied as a married applicant)? A friend of mine who just collected his visa was not ask of any evidence of support. He also said if you are a single applicant you do not need an evidence of support. How true is this?

2.My WAEC is 3 Credits in other subjects and my IJMBE O'level 2 Credits in English and Maths total-5credits. I'm also a Graduate.Can this 2 Credits(English and Maths) in O'level IJMBE(Interim Joint Admission And Matriculation Examination) affect me in any way?
Thanks in advance.

you do not need an affidavit of support if u applied single..........all u need is five o'level credits in at least 2sittings........

hi

Dear Modest.

1. Must one obtain the NPC Attestation of Birth from his/her State of origin. I'm from Benue State but leaves in Lagos,I obtained mine in Lagos.

its the best if u get it from ur state of Origin..... i'm sure u dont want to delay ur process... try avoid anytin that will delay it..

Dear Modest

Thanks in advance.

Answers
1. You don't need the Affidavit of support, hence you applied as a single though I was not asked of that either, but Iam married and applied as married.

2. You need 5 WAEC results. In my case they did not ask of any other educational qualification except my the WAEC result. mine was in two sittings.

you, don't need to send them so many emails... i'm sure the next response u will get from them is "to refrain sending emails dat ur case is still under review.. and as soon as it is over u will be notified".... i felt the same when my case was under review as well(administrative process).... my first interview was in may 2007..and i didn't get any response frm the embassy until august '07....(they will notify u either by email or by phone) "i was notified by phone"..... my second interview was sep 07...and i was told to pick up even after the dv 2006/2007 ended.... i picked up October 10 2007......
as long as all the documents u dropped are genuine..... u don't av to worry..... cos they'll confirm evry thin to the last bit.......
Let be be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS

cesmoist u're right concerning ur advise. am also under AP and if i may ask u these - what was the message when they contacted u for the 2nd interview? and what was ur 2nd interview experience like? and were u asked to pay all the money involved on that day of interview. i'v been on AP since october. cheers

its the best if u get it from ur state of Origin..... i'm sure u dont want to delay ur process... try avoid anytin that will delay it..
Good to have somebody like you around. where have you been all these while? Many guys in this forum are already gettting frustrated with their AP. It will be nice if you can share your experience right from your 1st - 2nd Interview.

Is Nigeria valid (not expired or about to expire) old green passport still acceptable or only the recently introduced e-passport?

Do you have to know the permanent address where you intend to live in the US on the day of the interview?
What is the blank sheet "Notice to visa applicants" in the 2nd letter for?

Could anyone tell me this?

Thanks in advance

Medicals???

Hi Johnkent,
have you done your medical exams? I see from your signature that u have?
My no and your are close, thats why i'm asking.
Did you just go to the clinic to do it yourself or what?pls enlighten me...
Are you in Nigeria right now?
Any idea when our nos will be current?
Thanks...
Please lets be in touch oh!!! Abeg you.
Cheers...

its not like Michigan were unemployment rate is too high. it was an okay place the few wks that i stayed there. lots of good job i would say just like most places in the states.

Hi Johnkent,
have you done your medical exams? I see from your signature that u have?
My no and your are close, thats why i'm asking.
Did you just go to the clinic to do it yourself or what?pls enlighten me...
Are you in Nigeria right now?
Any idea when our nos will be current?
Thanks...
Please lets be in touch oh!!! Abeg you.
Cheers...

Am in the states.My number i know for sure will be current in may if they just add 100 more to the current number which i know for sure that they will. Is ur number in the low 10,000 and where for niger u dey?
Here in the states, all u need to do for medicals is go to an approved medical doctor in ur area and have him check u out and have the forms filled out,which i did a few wks ago and everything was fine.

Hi..
Thanks for your quick response...
Ok you're in the states no wonder...i for fear.will u do your interview there too?or need to come home?
I'm in lasgidi oh!!!(smiling)
My no is 104..,so u're nearer than i am..i'm hoping i'll be current for may or latest june abi???
Here we have to wait for second package before medicals abi?
i'm going on vacation soon, so i'll just do all i can to get ready for my interview, result verification, police report etc...
Ok then, i'll be in touch. take good care...

Am in the states.My number i know for sure will be current in may if they just add 100 more to the current number which i know for sure that they will. Is ur number in the low 10,000 and where for niger u dey?
Here in the states, all u need to do for medicals is go to an approved medical doctor in ur area and have him check u out and have the forms filled out,which i did a few wks ago and everything was fine.

Is Nigeria valid (not expired or about to expire) old green passport still acceptable or only the recently introduced e-passport?

Most Nigeria passports are schedule to expire in 2010. If you have some years before yours expire then use it, if not get a new one (e-passport). I used the old one which will expire in 2010.

Most Nigeria passports are schedule to expire in 2010. If you have some years before yours expire then use it, if not get a new one (e-passport). I used the old one which will expire in 2010.

I renewed my passport at the Consulate in Atlanta and i called them a few days ago to know if they were issuing e-passports yet and they said no. i guess i'll have to get one in Nigeria the next time am there. I hope it's not a hassle to get one.

hi cestmoi,thanks 4 ur advice,but if i may ask as syntaxpro have said,do u repay 4 ur interview fees?or u just pay 4 ur visa fee?i will also want to know if abscence of USA home address can affect someone like me that has none?need ur urgent reply bro,with best regard 4rm me,Niyi.one love

hi cestmoi,thanks 4 ur advice,but if i may ask as syntaxpro have said,do u repay 4 ur interview fees?or u just pay 4 ur visa fee?i will also want to know if abscence of USA home address can affect someone like me that has none?need ur urgent reply bro,with best regard 4rm me,Niyi.one love

hi

cesmoist u're right concerning ur advise. am also under AP and if i may ask u these - what was the message when they contacted u for the 2nd interview? and what was ur 2nd interview experience like? and were u asked to pay all the money involved on that day of interview. i'v been on AP since october. cheers

I got a phone call from the embassy telling me about my new interview date...... i was not asked a single question....the only words that came out from the consular officer was "GOOD MORNING"... and all my original documents were given back to me and she told to make the remaining payment.....and 2come 2week latter to pick up my visa.......... The Administrative Process is just to verify documents the embassy is not convinced about........... mine was my waec result...

Last edited by a moderator: