• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

congrats moon&star

I will like to tell my interview experience on February 14, 2008.

We arrived the embassy at about 7.10am.
We joined queue, when we approached the first inspecting officer, He asked for the Interview Letter, which we presented. He then asked for how much we are paying, we said $3020 i.e. $755 x 4, he said the fee was increased from first January therefore the fee should be $3100 i.e. $775 x 4. My husband rushed out and changed money to make up the said amount. We were told to do that before 7.30am or we will have to reschedule another date for interview. My husband hurried came back and we joined the queue again. Checking-in began and it was successful. We entered the hall and after about 10-15min. my name was called by a man who was friendly. He asked me to make my payment with the cashier which i did. After the payment I went back to him and he demanded for my documents i.e. Birth cert., Marriage cert., police cert., waec cert. and that of my dependants (copies and origial). He asked us to go inside and sit down. We went and about 20min later I was called to window 7 (a white lady). She made us to swear an oath about our doc.

Interview proper.
interviewer: you have two waec results
me: yes
Interviewer: Do you have certificate for both
Me: No, I have certificate for my internal SSCE and notificiate of result for the external SSCE, but I submitted a scrach card for verification.
Interviewer: Ok. She logged to waeconline and varified the result. and wrote on my paper (varried scrach card and signed)
Interviwer: In you internal SSCE, how which are the subject you had credits on?
Me: I mentioned them
Interviwer: And in in your External?
Me: I mentioned.
Interviwer: Do you have you wedding pictures?
Me: Yes, I gave them to her.
Interviwer: Do you have any family pictures?
Me: Yes, I gav them all the pictures in my hand about 10-15pcs.
Interviewer: asked questions on some of the pictures and returned them to me.

She left the desk for a while and came back with a blue paper, which says I should provide National Population Certificate for my kids on any friday except last friday of the month and March 7, 2008 and said goodbye to us.

No questions to my husband, none to my kids (two of them 6 and 3yrs), Nothing about Sponsors. Nothing! Nothing!! Nothing!!!.

I will return to the embassy probably next week with the required doc.

Advice: fee now $775 instead of $755 by KCC letter, parents should have NPC Certificate for their kids.

I thank everyone who have contributed towards making February 14, 2008 a joyful day for me. God bless everyone.

I wish those yet to have their interview a successful interview and those waiting for their 2nd package good luck.

We shall all succeed in Jesus Name. We all need serious prayers towards this thing, as for me I had serious prayers which included fasting. So let us pray because it is the wish of God that we where among the winners, what God has given to us let no one take it from us including the interviewers.

I was worried about having four credits instead of five, but as God would have it, I found one waec result which was ok but no credit in english, I decided to use it.

Good luck to every one.

didnt u go with bc for the children? or is NPC bc needed with the bc issued at birth?

We joined queue, when we approached the first inspecting officer, He asked for the Interview Letter, which we presented. He then asked for how much we are paying, we said $3020 i.e. $755 x 4, he said the fee was increased from first January therefore the fee should be $3100 i.e. $775 x 4. My husband rushed out and changed money to make up the said amount. We were told to do that before 7.30am or we will have to reschedule another date for interview. My husband hurried came back and we joined the queue again. Checking-in began and it was successful. We entered the hall and after about 10-15min. my name was called by a man who was friendly. He asked me to make my payment with the cashier which i did. After the payment I went back to him and he demanded for my documents i.e. Birth cert., Marriage cert., police cert., waec cert. and that of my dependants (copies and origial). He asked us to go inside and sit down. We went and about 20min later I was called to window 7 (a white lady). She made us to swear an oath about our doc.

Interview proper.
Me: No, I have certificate for my internal SSCE and notificiate of result for the external SSCE, but I submitted a scrach card for verification.
Interviewer: Ok. She logged to waeconline and varified the result. and wrote on my paper (varried scrach card and signed)

She left the desk for a while and came back with a blue paper, which says I should provide National Population Certificate for my kids on any friday except last friday of the month and March 7, 2008 and said goodbye to us.

No questions to my husband, none to my kids (two of them 6 and 3yrs), Nothing about Sponsors. Nothing! Nothing!! Nothing!!!.

Advice: fee now $775 instead of $755 by KCC letter, parents should have NPC Certificate for their kids.

I thank everyone who have contributed towards making February 14, 2008 a joyful day for me. God bless everyone.

I wish those yet to have their interview a successful interview and those waiting for their 2nd package good luck.

We shall all succeed in Jesus Name. We all need serious prayers towards this thing, as for me I had serious prayers which included fasting. So let us pray because it is the wish of God that we where among the winners, what God has given to us let no one take it from us including the interviewers.

I was worried about having four credits instead of five, but as God would have it, I found one waec result which was ok but no credit in english, I decided to use it.

Good luck to every one.
CONGRATULATION! God is in it...:)

CONGRATULATION! God is in it...:)
Oh well,
My cousins are not married and i have provided my Affidavit of support to them. Thanks for info you provided about your interview.
I have to let them pray and fast always.
775 dollars..woww...it is increasing everyday. I could remember i paid 225 dollars during my time. Oh well we want to come to America..we see it that way.
Later guys

Congrats; please clarify

Please accept my heart-felt felicitations on this good success.
Please address some issues:
1] Do you remember your window number?
2]Is the woman in window #12 still there?
She grilled many of my country-men with tough academic questions including trying to solve algebra.
3]So they did not ask you academic questions?
4]Did you hear what they asked other people? Can you give us details?
5]So they accept any 5 credits without English? What of mathematics?
6]Why do they need NPC certificate for the children when they have government registry birth certificates? Why only the children/ What of the parents?

Congratulations!!! I think they gave you real Valentines day treatment and gift. God bless you.

Increased fees

Oh well,
My cousins are not married and i have provided my Affidavit of support to them. Thanks for info you provided about your interview.
I have to let them pray and fast always.
775 dollars..woww...it is increasing everyday. I could remember i paid 225 dollars during my time. Oh well we want to come to America..we see it that way.
Later guys
The dramatic increase is partly because Congress is reluctant to fund the DV program. Department of State is recouping the cost of running the program [processing 6 million+ enries world-wide] by passing the cost to DV winners. The alternative is to let the DV program die a quick death because of lack of funding.

Interview proper.

Good luck to every one.

Congratulations on your success and new status,Its the Lords doing

Interview proper.

Good luck to every one.

A big congratulations my sis.

Hey guys,
Iam in UK at the moment and I wanna police certificate from Tanzania.I wonder if is acceptable by police force for me to do finger prints here in any police station then scan it and email to Tanzania? or I must send original copy to Tanzania? I wanna scan them and send by email cause I think is more faster than send by post cause I have very short time before my interview but not sure if is acceptable.

can you throw more light

I suggest that you seek legal advice because separation is not divorce and i think by law your wife still have some legal rights. DV 2008 afford husband and wife to travel together and for any reason there is a change of status regarding marital status then you may be require legal document from the court to a ascertain your position.

if you and your wife are legally separated, it is very possible under law, and you dont have nay problem. you can still bear d same last name, but if yopu intend to add her to your travel plan now, they will definitely suspect that u want to smuggle an illegal allien into the states, and that may cause kasala

it will

MODEST

please modest i as well have a question for u 2. seekarim mentioned kalling kcc and being told to kall back in 2months time so as to b able to know the likely time for our no range cause we happen to fall in the same no range but the movement did no justification to that call.

This slow movement wan kill me ooooooo

hope this would go past 17000 for nigerians.by september am worried
thanks

i should hope the bulletin will get to 17,000, because last year it got upto 20,000
we just pray and hope for the best,
meanwhile i will advice the new members to take a litlle time to read through the forum as we have actually discussed a lot of information that may be useful

best of luck

congratz

congratulations
Interview proper.

Good luck to every one.

congratulations

ok

Hey guys,
Iam in UK at the moment and I wanna police certificate from Tanzania.I wonder if is acceptable by police force for me to do finger prints here in any police station then scan it and email to Tanzania? or I must send original copy to Tanzania? I wanna scan them and send by email cause I think is more faster than send by post cause I have very short time before my interview but not sure if is acceptable.

it is ok that you scan and send to Tanzania, but the report must not be scanned, they must send the original report to you by aby courier service that will handle it to you safely. the report is very important

Guidelines please

My sister just received her interview letter for the DV 2008 which is slated to hold on the 10th of March 2008 but she is confused as to how to get some of the required documents. The first is Yellow form, how can she go about getting it here in Nigeria? Then the medicals of which its form has been sent, when and where is it expected to be done (is there any particular hospital in Nigeria that the embassy uses?). I will be much delighted if these questions are answered.

My sister just received her interview letter for the DV 2008 which is slated to hold on the 10th of March 2008 but she is confused as to how to get some of the required documents. The first is Yellow form, how can she go about getting it here in Nigeria? Then the medicals of which its form has been sent, when and where is it expected to be done (is there any particular hospital in Nigeria that the embassy uses?). I will be much delighted if these questions are answered.

You'll get all that info if u read thru this thread

JohnKent, I think we should save this fellow the stress of going through this thread by answering his questions.

As regard the Yellow form you need to bother yourself as it is not necessary, but you may find it in the DV 2008 Instruction/Guide Form 900...

If the Medical form is not included in your package, just go straight to KAMORASS Clinic where your Medical Examination will be carried out and you will be given the form to fill.

Please take your time and go through the DV 2008 Guide. Answers to all your question is there. Good luck.

Re:MODEST

guy where u dey now, we nodey see your green light,
i nodey see onyii too wetin dey now

My guy, i still dey Nijar. I feel there is no need to rush. Just trying to do my home work well so as not to get in a fix there. Did some research about race statistics & jobs where i dey go, and trying to make myself fit for some quality ones. Which state u dey? I dey go Columbus, Ohio in few weeks time.

Cheers!!!!

My guy, i still dey Nijar. I feel there is no need to rush. Just trying to do my home work well so as not to get in a fix there. Did some research about race statistics & jobs where i dey go, and trying to make myself fit for some quality ones. Which state u dey? I dey go Columbus, Ohio in few weeks time.

Cheers!!!!

Columbus, OH isnt that bad, I've been there a few times.