• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

DAVAL,
for your info i wasn't been harsh on anybody here. I was only advising and mind you what i said the true about America. I'm not a winner of 2008,,,, i used dotted signs on the date and i,m here b/cos of my cousins who happen to be winners of 2008. I have been in US for more than five years. Johnkent thanks alot for your current info about life here and how to go around in US. For niyi ..i believe you can fly to any state in US...
Thanks

Hi everyone,
Ive been following this forum for some days now. It has been a great talk on here. I think if every one could pay a bit of attention to the information posted here. It will surely help in the interview and even when they arrive in US. I'm also a winner of 2008 DV lottery. Ive sent my form back to KCC, i'm still awaiting second notification. But i must confess God has been so Good to me, I got the lottery letter after i have already received a student visa for my master degree in UK. Right now I'm in Uk, I will be coming home for the medical check and the interview.
I will be coming up some times to read and help out in the queries posted. bye for now

Hello

Hello Everyone, remember i asked a question some time ago about a mistake i did in my DS-230 form part II item 35 of which i called KCC of the mistake and i was told to sent another form to them. They are confirmed the receipt of the new DS-230 form part II and i did not ask the lady i spoke with for my appointment date, but she told me to call them back 8weeks (2 months) time for my appointment date, i was surprise she telling me that.

It seems numbers to be current will be very high for next 2 months.

DAVAL,
for your info i wasn't been harsh on anybody here. I was only advising and mind you what i said the true about America. I'm not a winner of 2008,,,, i used dotted signs on the date and i,m here b/cos of my cousins who happen to be winners of 2008. I have been in US for more than five years. Johnkent thanks alot for your current info about life here and how to go around in US. For niyi ..i believe you can fly to any state in US...
Thanks

my brother no shaking just saying my mind,so how you doing and nice to have you around and please dont leave the house in a hurry,try and always render advises to all as they say A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE:)

The U.S is a great country and i actually don't see myself living any other place but here. haha
But anyway, a college education here will put ya on the right direction. Don't hope on making and sending money to Nigeria on minimum wage jobs. I know quite a few folks here who never go home as they can't afford it cos they work at retails stores. I actually was working at a department store when i was in school and i just can't figure out how i made it through college with my paycheck. Thank God for my family.
But anyway, if y'all get that greencard, work for atleast a yr so that u can get residency in which ever state u live at and then go back to school ASAP. trying to go into business here as a new immigrant isn't going to work for ya. I've seen a few folks who tried it and they didn't get anywhere.
Again, try and live in areas where their isn't a whole lot of African immigrants. I might sound kinda racist but thats just the fact. its alot easier to find a good paying job outside of those kind of communities. Anyway, am planning on going to naija this summer after a few yrs. Can't wait to see what its like now.

Thanks johnkent this your new post its really nice reading it and is whot reading over and over and again.but i have a question for you bro:
1.if a graduate dv winner is coming to the states,do you advise the person to go back to college or go for a masters programme.which of the latter is better
2.what state do you reside in?
3.which area are better of for new migrants?

The U.S is a great country and i actually don't see myself living any other place but here. haha
But anyway, a college education here will put ya on the right direction. Don't hope on making and sending money to Nigeria on minimum wage jobs. I know quite a few folks here who never go home as they can't afford it cos they work at retails stores. I actually was working at a department store when i was in school and i just can't figure out how i made it through college with my paycheck. Thank God for my family.
But anyway, if y'all get that greencard, work for atleast a yr so that u can get residency in which ever state u live at and then go back to school ASAP. trying to go into business here as a new immigrant isn't going to work for ya. I've seen a few folks who tried it and they didn't get anywhere.
Again, try and live in areas where their isn't a whole lot of African immigrants. I might sound kinda racist but thats just the fact. its alot easier to find a good paying job outside of those kind of communities. Anyway, am planning on going to naija this summer after a few yrs. Can't wait to see what its like now.

ol boy naija still b as e be.no road no lite.fashola try small 4 eko.but generally it is still sh-t country.wetin u xpect wen person spend 16 billion dollars 4 nepa yet no light.a i dey type so 4 the past 4 days no power 4 house.na office i run come.only say father land na father land.come house lie low no waka any how make ur enemy no join statistics of unsolved crimes.i hail

Usa Vs Nigeria

Thanks Jcloud for info about the situation in the USA for new immigrants.
SITUATION IN THE USA IS ALL ABOUT PATIENCE. I HAVE SPENT MORE THAN TWO WEEKS ALREADY IN LOS ANGELES,CALIFORNIA,JUST SITTING AT HOME WATCHING TV,GOING OUT OCCASIONALLY,WITH NOTHING DOING AT MOMENT.NEW CALI4NIA IMMIGRANTS MUST SPEND AT LEAST ONE MONTH AT HOME B4 THEY CAN APPLY 4 SSN WHICH IS THE NUMBER U NEED TO SEEK FOR JOB,TELEFONE,HOUSING ,DRIVERS LICENCE,ETC
THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE COMING TO THE STATE,DONT JUST XPECT MIRACLE SO SOON.BE PREPARED 4 AT LEAST 3 TO 4 MONTHS OF BORING STAYINS. FOR THOSE OF U WHO ARE LIVING COMFORTABLE IN NAIJA,IT WILL LOOK AS IF YOU NEED TO GO BACK HOME DURING THE RESTING PERIOD,JUST AS I,M NOW XPERIENCING.BUT THE GUD NEWS IS THAT, AFTER SUMTIME U WILL BE OK,AND WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE IN THE USA FOR TWO YEARS,IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO ACHIEVE IT IN NAIJA 4 SIX YEARS.
CASE NUMBER-----------------2008AF000022XX
INTERVIEW DATE--------------02/10/07

How is everybody doing?

Whaoo! it's been a long time that i visited this house last, I'm so sorry for the long break.
I hope everyone is doing fine? I say a very BIG Congratulations to those that have gotten their visa and also wish those that remain a very successful interview.
I am doing fine here and i believe others here are doing okay too.
Should you have any personal question for me, never hesitate to send me an email because i could be so busy atimes to go to any sites apart from checking my mails and reply some mails daily, that i can't do without.
For some of you that have high Case Number, all i need to tell you is to RELAX, God is in control. He can't bring you this far and leave you alone. He will perfect all that He has started.
Till we meet at the TOP

Hi everyone,

I am new here, so pls una go help me. I live in the US with my two boys, my husband lives in Nigeria. I played the DV lottery for him 2007 and I got a letter from KCC for my husband saying he won the 2008 lottery. Boy! I was so excited becos I have filed the I-130 for him years ago and it is taking forever to get his visa, so I was really happy. I mail the papers to my husband and he sent them back to me, I checked it and sent it to KCC. I called them November and they confirmed receiving it. The lady told me they were around 7000 or so and they update 15th of every month. Till today I haven't gotten the second letter from them. I have been looking for a website like this where i can find 2008 dv winners. I am so excited to meet you all. My husband's number is 2008AF00024XXX. So if anyone has an idea or any information on what is going on about the delay, pls let me know.

Hi everyone,

I am new here, so pls una go help me. I live in the US with my two boys, my husband lives in Nigeria. I played the DV lottery for him 2007 and I got a letter from KCC for my husband saying he won the 2008 lottery. Boy! I was so excited becos I have filed the I-130 for him years ago and it is taking forever to get his visa, so I was really happy. I mail the papers to my husband and he sent them back to me, I checked it and sent it to KCC. I called them November and they confirmed receiving it. The lady told me they were around 7000 or so and they update 15th of every month. Till today I haven't gotten the second letter from them. I have been looking for a website like this where i can find 2008 dv winners. I am so excited to meet you all. My husband's number is 2008AF00024XXX. So if anyone has an idea or any information on what is going on about the delay, pls let me know.

Well, you need to read from the begining of the thread.

You need to keep watching the monthly bulettin updates.
Another, issue is the address you are using, why didn't you guys change the contact address to your husband address in Nigeria or where?

I am here in Dallas, if you need to ask some personal question, you can mail me on support@sinexhomebiz.com
If you can still change the contact address directly to your husband's own , i think that will be better.
Or what do you guys think?

Thanx for ur reply. My brother, with my bad experience with nigerian postal service, fear no let me put nigerian address, moveover since we dont own a house there, the address changes now and then. Trust me, I lived in Warri for about 4yrs b4 i came here, I never got a mail with my address. If you look at it, if they send it to me here it will take some couple of days and i can send it with UPS where my husband can track it to him office. It will also take a couple of days for him to get it. I would love to hear from anyone within the number range of my husband if we are in the same boat.

Sinexworldwide, thank you very much pls keep the advise coming.

Thanx for ur reply. My brother, with my bad experience with nigerian postal service, fear no let me put nigerian address, moveover since we dont own a house there, the address changes now and then. Trust me, I lived in Warri for about 4yrs b4 i came here, I never got a mail with my address. If you look at it, if they send it to me here it will take some couple of days and i can send it with UPS where my husband can track it to him office. It will also take a couple of days for him to get it. I would love to hear from anyone within the number range of my husband if we are in the same boat.

Sinexworldwide, thank you very much pls keep the advise coming.
it is a smart idea to have KCC send the mails to you here in the states. U're husbands number is quite high but hopefully, it should be current in september.
Are u a U.S citizen?

Hi every one, I will advice ppl that have gone for their interview to share their experience, that will be helpful for new ppl going for their interview.
My dear sister kwene, your husband and I are in the same range. I'm still awaiting the second letter, but as soon as some things comes up i will alert u. Every one remain bless

Hi,guys at last visa bulletin for March is out.I have been waiting this for almost a year.My number is current on April and I am waiting for confirmation for interview date.
Africa is 21500 and nigeria is 9900 for April.I hope those guys who gonna have their interview soon will be able to share with us,I will do so when I done mine.

i need to talk to u seekarim

pls i need to talk to u. am an akokite as well

we are both in the same number range

AM also a dv lottery winner as u

pls will like to have your phone no so dat we can engage in a discussion

my e mail addy is sekesolo@hotmail.co.uk

looking forward to hearing from u