• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Bc

Is it a must to go for the interview with Birt Certificate whiles i have a valid passport ? If so my original BC is lost , will they accept a new one ?

Interview

Thanks to all the house mate. I sincerely appreciate your responses and advice.

I will go for the interview next week and tell them that i will submit the AOS asap that is if I do not get it before then. Best regards.

One more question. The AOS am getting is different from the one I filled in the form, does it matter? do I need to inform the embassy or KCC? someone help, pls.

About Birth certificate

One will need his /her birth certificate even if he has his passport,a passport is not representing a BC in the embassy.

Johnkent, hope u remember that u promised calling KCC today friday in other to know the new visa bulletin update and to post it for us here because of the delay time it takes before its uploaded on travel.state.gov.:)

Johnkent, hope u remember that u promised calling KCC today friday in other to know the new visa bulletin update and to post it for us here because of the delay time it takes before its uploaded on travel.state.gov.:)

I did call and the numbers are not available. I was told to call back in 2 wks but u bet ya, i'll be calling back Monday morning.

My little experience so far.

My believe is that we should be our brothers keeper. Thumb up for Baba Aladura, he has been so wonderful and passionately care for all coming to the U.S. I think we in the U.S. need to share the reality on ground here. I discovered even some friends you know before leaving Naija gets here and become so economical with information. For me our collective success should be paramount. God has been faithful and I can tell you with God on your side you may not necessarily thread the hard road some thread.
It is my observation that to get along in the U.S., you must have the following:
1. A driver's license.
2. A credit card and a bank account, whether checking or saving.
3. A car.
4. A shelter.
5. A job.
6. INFORMATIONS regarding your right and priviledges as an LPR. This is key.
Firstly, Fellow Nigerians, United States is good and I can tell you with God and seriousness on our part, it is a land of endless opportunities. Sometimes ago I posted a website containing vital informations for new immigrants, some ignored, please if you do, check the thread and print a copy and read it hard.
I learnt it is easier to get a driver's license in Washington DC than some other states here. If you are coming from Nigeria DON"T leave your Naija driver's license behind. Make sure your driver's license is original, they have a way of checking it here. In Maryland there are series of tests you must take before you can get their license, it is tough but I got mine already (less than 6 weeks) of arrival. Nigerians are no empty heads as we all know. I passed all the test once (Even though some omo onile are doing it 4, 5 times). Americans respect driver's license even more that the certificates you have.
Secondly, Please if you are coming, make sure you arrange for your transcripts to be sent to WES (for evaluation, to rate what you have and gives opportunity to get jobs) directly by the school and ensure you pay for them all by yourself. (Make sure fake are not sent - Don't trust anybody with this, because it can leave a permanent dent on your credibility).
Thirdly, for professionals, aspiring to come let us try some of these American professional examinations, CISA, IIA, CFE and other stuff for accountants, it may be of tremendous help. I am speaking from experience.
Fourthly, if you are not married good, but if you are and without children yet, excellent (Don't rush to get pregnant if you are not yet). Baby sitting here is too expensive.
Fiftly, forget about ascent, if God is with you and you have some of their 'pali', I tell you, you have something that can not be ignored.
Don't rush to a place where you do not have a guide. Whoever accomodates you, respect such one and helps with the household chores. Remember an adage in Yoruba that says "awolu mate, omowon ara eni"
As I learn new things, I will definitely share.
Shalom.

Thanks guys for your informations.I would like to ask you politely that not every one who in this site are Nigerian.So pls sometime....lol...could you try not to put so many tribe language pls.I know is nice to talk in mother toungue language but if you do so if you dont mind could try to explain in english?
About visa bulletin I hope will be out on monday cause I'm waiting for it so badly cause I think my number would be on April.
Have gd time everyone.

Hello Folks,
I was a winner of Dv 2***8 and already in US..Though two of my cousins are winners of 2008 DV LOTTERY. For your info, the KCC go by your Case number and i have been following these guys case . Right now they have called 2008AF00008950... as i was told by an IO...they give out letter of interview in ranges of 3000 to each country. This info was a call made on 02/6/08( US date). If you need info about your case, you can call +1606-526-7500 ( for those in naija) and for those who're in US should be familiar on how to call this number. Be ready to provide your case number, date of birthday and of course your name. Hope this info would help most of us in this forum.
Thanks

Getshorty,
You need to calm down...America is not heaven like everyone in naija thinks...mind you the struggle continues when you arrive here and atimes you want to go back to your country. You need to be focussed and wait for your turn...get things out of mistakes to avoid ( come back another day) because you forgot all requirements. America is a credit controlled country, without credit you can;t do anything even when you have cash...Surprise??....don;t be as it is always the case. In other words, you need to get ready and prepared to work hard harder hardest in a legal way(s). Wish you all success in the interviews.
Remain blessed

Getshorty,
You need to calm down...America is not heaven like everyone in naija thinks...mind you the struggle continues when you arrive here and atimes you want to go back to your country. You need to be focussed and wait for your turn...get things out of mistakes to avoid ( come back another day) because you forgot all requirements. America is a credit controlled country, without credit you can;t do anything even when you have cash...Surprise??....don;t be as it is always the case. In other words, you need to get ready and prepared to work hard harder hardest in a legal way(s). Wish you all success in the interviews.
Remain blessed

You'll can say all you want about Life here in the states. Folks in Nigeria never get it until they get here. I've talked to a few about how life is here in the states and they were very angry about it because they thought i didn't want them to come here. Since then, i've never had that conversation again.

Thumbs up

Remember an adage in Yoruba that says "awolu mate, omowon ara eni"
Shalom.
Thumbs up for J Cloud.
This is the translation of the proverb: "The new immigrant who succeeds [or is not humiliated] is the one who has learnt to conduct himself properly [or with humility]".

Johnkent,
You're absolutely right...until they get here they will definitely find out what we're talking about America. Personally i don;t want to live here long like that. All i,m waiting for is my one thing and one thing in less than ten yrs now ....i will say bye to America and just coming to visit. Meanwhile, i just found this link useful for those who have filed for N-400 recently.
Check it out and maybe you might want to slow down
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080209/ap_on_go_pr_wh/immigration_backlogs

My believe is that we should be our brothers keeper. Thumb up for Baba Aladura, he has been so wonderful and passionately care for all coming to the U.S. I think we in the U.S. need to share the reality on ground here. I discovered even some friends you know before leaving Naija gets here and become so economical with information. For me our collective success should be paramount. God has been faithful and I can tell you with God on your side you may not necessarily thread the hard road some thread.
It is my observation that to get along in the U.S., you must have the following:
1. A driver's license.
2. A credit card and a bank account, whether checking or saving.
3. A car.
4. A shelter.
5. A job.
6. INFORMATIONS regarding your right and priviledges as an LPR. This is key.
Firstly, Fellow Nigerians, United States is good and I can tell you with God and seriousness on our part, it is a land of endless opportunities. Sometimes ago I posted a website containing vital informations for new immigrants, some ignored, please if you do, check the thread and print a copy and read it hard.
I learnt it is easier to get a driver's license in Washington DC than some other states here. If you are coming from Nigeria DON"T leave your Naija driver's license behind. Make sure your driver's license is original, they have a way of checking it here. In Maryland there are series of tests you must take before you can get their license, it is tough but I got mine already (less than 6 weeks) of arrival. Nigerians are no empty heads as we all know. I passed all the test once (Even though some omo onile are doing it 4, 5 times). Americans respect driver's license even more that the certificates you have.
Secondly, Please if you are coming, make sure you arrange for your transcripts to be sent to WES (for evaluation, to rate what you have and gives opportunity to get jobs) directly by the school and ensure you pay for them all by yourself. (Make sure fake are not sent - Don't trust anybody with this, because it can leave a permanent dent on your credibility).
Thirdly, for professionals, aspiring to come let us try some of these American professional examinations, CISA, IIA, CFE and other stuff for accountants, it may be of tremendous help. I am speaking from experience.
Fourthly, if you are not married good, but if you are and without children yet, excellent (Don't rush to get pregnant if you are not yet). Baby sitting here is too expensive.
Fiftly, forget about ascent, if God is with you and you have some of their 'pali', I tell you, you have something that can not be ignored.
Don't rush to a place where you do not have a guide. Whoever accomodates you, respect such one and helps with the household chores. Remember an adage in Yoruba that says "awolu mate, omowon ara eni"
Shalom.

Thanks Jcloud for info about the situation in the USA for new immigrants,the infomations will be useful to all,hope you come back often to keep us updated on issues.thanks for your love and time

Getshorty,
Remain blessed

eudechime,according to your post you are a Dv winner of 2008,so when did you have your interview and where?
i share your views on the America struggle but you shouldnt have used harsh words towards that house member[getshorty] i think he was just raising the spirit of the house[in my view any way] we all know that when ever someone migrants to new land things dont get that rosey but with God favour things becomes easier and better.But thanks for reminding all that shouldnt get excited for the interview and forget vital documents at home.

Jcloud,

Thanks for the information. I've learnt more things from there and it's really an info everyone needs to know or be aware of before coming to America.....

Pls keep us updated from time to time.

Thanks

thanks eudechime, i later found the number on net.for those that has been looking 4 it ,here it is
For lagos Embassy,
01-2610150/2610139/2610159/2611414
For Abuja Embassy,
09-5230916/5230966/5230916

thanks J-cloud 4 that wonderful information.can we fly to anywhere in state regardless of our state chosed 4 green card

The U.S is a great country and i actually don't see myself living any other place but here. haha
But anyway, a college education here will put ya on the right direction. Don't hope on making and sending money to Nigeria on minimum wage jobs. I know quite a few folks here who never go home as they can't afford it cos they work at retails stores. I actually was working at a department store when i was in school and i just can't figure out how i made it through college with my paycheck. Thank God for my family.
But anyway, if y'all get that greencard, work for atleast a yr so that u can get residency in which ever state u live at and then go back to school ASAP. trying to go into business here as a new immigrant isn't going to work for ya. I've seen a few folks who tried it and they didn't get anywhere.
Again, try and live in areas where their isn't a whole lot of African immigrants. I might sound kinda racist but thats just the fact. its alot easier to find a good paying job outside of those kind of communities. Anyway, am planning on going to naija this summer after a few yrs. Can't wait to see what its like now.