• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

You are still on track

Oga Aywire sorry, I don't mean to annoy you o. I am deeply sorry for my choice of word...misleading.. However there is no stereotype way things work here. You will discover the issue of driver's license Admiral and I talked about, things vary possibly due to the location you are. The starter (Lots of respect JRCIES) of this thread is yet to have her SSN, even though she came in before some of us. Look at the signatures of members and you will understand better. I think it is always better to make provision for holidays and delays, rather than been too specific.
God bless you.

If u are yet to get your Green Card, pls note that ur international Passport can stand as ur green card. and it can be used to get the drivers licen. thing. Your Intl.Passpt is suppose to be ur green card incase u green card is not posted to u for a period of one here. at the port of Entering the stamp on ur Intl.pp is actually represented ur temporal greencard and it is accepted for any purpose within one year. I also thing that sometimes it is becos ur port of entering might be different from the original Address u gave while in Nigeria that may cos the delay. but be rest assured u will get it

If u are yet to get your Green Card, pls note that ur international Passport can stand as ur green card. and it can be used to get the drivers licen. thing. Your Intl.Passpt is suppose to be ur green card incase u green card is not posted to u for a period of one here. at the port of Entering the stamp on ur Intl.pp is actually represented ur temporal greencard and it is accepted for any purpose within one year. I also thing that sometimes it is becos ur port of entering might be different from the original Address u gave while in Nigeria that may cos the delay. but be rest assured u will get it

dat is true, but dey will indicate on d licence dat u ave temporary immiqration status

Thank you. I called the dept of state and was told it will be mail soon. The green card number is said to be the same with the registration number on the visa. My driver's license will be ready soon.

Interview

Hello House,

My interview is scheduled for Feb 14 being next week, but I have not received my Affidavit of Support, can I go to the interview without it and tell them that it has not arrived or should I go and change the date of interview, someone help please.

Hello House,

My interview is scheduled for Feb 14 being next week, but I have not received my Affidavit of Support, can I go to the interview without it and tell them that it has not arrived or should I go and change the date of interview, someone help please.

Do not change your interview date. As far as you have other docs ready and intact, you should go for the interview on the 14th, if they ask for the AOS, tell them you're still expecting it, that as soon it arrives you'd forward it to them.They will give you another date to submit it, which is the only thing b4 you receive your visa.

On a lighter note, You might get the AOS b4 the interview date. Also note that, they might not ask for an AOS if you are the only one going for the interview, but as a family they will, so tell them you'd submit it asap.

do not think about it

Hello House,

Pls,do not think about postponement of ur interview they will take u to be unserious & it will greatly affect u,it happened to my cousin,ok just go & tell them u are still awaiting ur AOS

hi

Hello House,

why don't u get ur sponsor to fax d AOS.....

hi

dat is true, but dey will indicate on d licence dat u ave temporary immiqration status

the Alien# is already on the visa, i got my drivers license using my social security number and my Alien#.... the little stamp immigrations put on the passport at the port of entry represents a temporary green card.... and it can be used in and out of the country pending the tym one receives the main card..

Change Of Address

HELLO HOUSE,
Am planning to change my place of stay when i get to the US,but on the forms i sent to KCC i used a particular address in Chicago but now am intending to stay with sum one in another place,pls will this change affect the quick issuance of the SSN and the Green card. bcos i don't want any argument during the interview with the officer. so i intend to change it at my POE.

HELLO HOUSE,
Am planning to change my place of stay when i get to the US,but on the forms i sent to KCC i used a particular address in Chicago but now am intending to stay with sum one in another place,pls will this change affect the quick issuance of the SSN and the Green card. bcos i don't want any argument during the interview with the officer. so i intend to change it at my POE.

u don't need to tell them during ur interview u will be changing places...it doesn't change d 12-14days wait for ur SSN... make sure u tell the Immigration officer at the POE of change in address. the immigration officers will ask u though..... d new addy is where ur Green Card will be posted to....

your state

the Alien# is already on the visa, i got my drivers license using my social security number and my Alien#.... the little stamp immigrations put on the passport at the port of entry represents a temporary green card.... and it can be used in and out of the country pending the tym one receives the main card..

which state are you, in new jersey, dey will write temporary once your physical qreen card is not there, u are a leqal allien, but dat is dere policy, pensyvenia will not do dat even if u are a student, dey will not decalare your status on ur drivers licence, i dont know about other states.

J cloud, you said your drivers licence will soon be ready, pls can u brief us wat d procedure looks like in md, in nj once u pass d road test, u will wait and collect d licence same day

I applied for the N-400 2004,fingerprinted and passed my interview 2005,but the IO told me a decision can not made as my national security check was pending.December 2007 i received a NOA to do a second fingerprint Jan 2,which i did.I called cusotmer service and they told me my case in under review/waiting for the background check.Please i need anyone advise as i plan to travel overseas.

Oath Delay/Travelling Overseas

I applied for the N-400 2004,fingerprinted and passed my interview 2005,but the IO told me a decision can not made as my national security check was pending.December 2007 i received a NOA to do a second fingerprint Jan 2,which i did.I called cusotmer service and they told me my case in under review/waiting for the background check.Please i need anyone advise as i plan to travel overseas.:confused:

hi everybody in the house ,do anyone know direct phone number contact of the embassy of USA in Nigeria.if any ,pls kindly paste it 4 me pls.it is urgent.thanks.
case no:200800000***

Google USA Embassy Nigeria and i believe you will definitely get the phone number. Or you can go to USA Embassy here and click on location, select nigeria and there u go.Let me know if this helps

hi

which state are you, in new jersey, dey will write temporary once your physical qreen card is not there, u are a leqal allien, but dat is dere policy, pensyvenia will not do dat even if u are a student, dey will not decalare your status on ur drivers licence, i dont know about other states.

J cloud, you said your drivers licence will soon be ready, pls can u brief us wat d procedure looks like in md, in nj once u pass d road test, u will wait and collect d licence same day

not that my status was declared on my drivers license... but i used my social security no and my A# to get my drivers license.