• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

if u have taken time to follow this forum very well,green card takes btw 2-3 weeks.
U really need to stay for a number of period if u really want to get a citizen status on time and u are being monitored,so stay focused.
Wish u best of Luck in US!

Is it true that Green cards arrive in three weeks? I think this is misleading, only SSN do arrive within 2 to 3 weeks.
We came into the States close to a month now, and our green cards are yet to arrive. What can one do to find out the cause of the delay. Modest, I know yours were delayed for a while. What steps did you take? This is actually delaying my getting a driver's license (required for proof of residency).
God bless this house. America is no yam ooo. It is people ready to make sacrifice and focused that can prosper in this land, it is no place for the indolent.

Yea. I arrived here on 7th dec and i received my ssn 2wks after my arrival. I have also gotten my driver's license. Howver, for you to get the Dl, proof of residency is required.
All you need do is get 2 pple to write letters to you and this will include your name and your present address.
The family im staying with arranged this for me. we addressed an envelope and got it posted to my address at the post office, the letter came back to me the second day. So i guess you can do this as well.
Any more questionS. Happy KML day

Yea. I arrived here on 7th dec and i received my ssn 2wks after my arrival. I have also gotten my driver's license. Howver, for you to get the Dl, proof of residency is required.
All you need do is get 2 pple to write letters to you and this will include your name and your present address.
The family im staying with arranged this for me. we addressed an envelope and got it posted to my address at the post office, the letter came back to me the second day. So i guess you can do this as well.
Any more questionS. Happy KML day
Thanks Admiral.
Here in MD, only letters from the Government are acceptable. Letter from university of Maryland was rejected. I think the requirements and flexibility vary from state to state.
Do you have your green card? What about job? Getting a descent job largely require having academic qualifications and experience here or what is the situation where you are.

high luchy winners from nigeria.
I have a question especialy from those with high case numbers.
does your first mail from KCC start with "CONGRATULATIONS"?
Because i heard that the NL for some with high case numbers dont start with it.and it increases the chance!!!!!
mine has "CONGRATULATIONS".I wana to see if it is true or not,bcz my case number is around 14xxx in asia( very high).any one who knows it please tell me.
mersi

check this out!

Is it true that Green cards arrive in three weeks? I think this is misleading, only SSN do arrive within 2 to 3 weeks.
We came into the States close to a month now, and our green cards are yet to arrive. What can one do to find out the cause of the delay. Modest, I know yours were delayed for a while. What steps did you take? This is actually delaying my getting a driver's license (required for proof of residency).
God bless this house. America is no yam ooo. It is people ready to make sacrifice and focused that can prosper in this land, it is no place for the indolent.

i would like u to check out 'Wld' form this link,it's from DV2007 winners
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=218127&page=66
u will notice that he even got the Green card b4 the SSN,i think it depends on the state,so Modest GC was delayed a bit if u read carefully....
it shall be............RELAX! that's ur new home.

i don't say what i don't know!

Jcloud,i don't say what i don't know,why should u just conclude that what i posted was misleading,u don't know that?so don't judge like that next time, no hard feelings though...............

Jcloud,i don't say what i don't know,why should u just conclude that what i posted was misleading,u don't know that?so don't judge like that next time, no hard feelings though...............
Oga Aywire sorry, I don't mean to annoy you o. I am deeply sorry for my choice of word...misleading.. However there is no stereotype way things work here. You will discover the issue of driver's license Admiral and I talked about, things vary possibly due to the location you are. The starter (Lots of respect JRCIES) of this thread is yet to have her SSN, even though she came in before some of us. Look at the signatures of members and you will understand better. I think it is always better to make provision for holidays and delays, rather than been too specific.
God bless you.

My husband & I have been resident in the UK for about 2 years, and our interview will be in the UK, will i still need to get a police report from Nigeria before my interview or should i forget it. I will hate for it to delay our case when the time come.:D

yes

no

thats what i was wonderin' too. A couple of people on this site had someone do it for them in nigeria. I don't know if modest went back to nigeria for a Police certificate??

i did not qo back to naija for a police report, i collected my first packaqe in naija, so i collected d police report before we left naija, and since i had not qone back to naija dereafter, i could not have committed crime in dat soil:D, so d report was accepted, couple with a new one i did in jamaica

9240475 7549691

you can get a driver's license with a green card, it will ave a temporary status. your visa is your passport and d ssn are proof of residency

d address on d envelope of ur ssn is proof of address,

HI GUYS,
ITS BEEN WONDERFUL SHARING IDEAS AND ADVICES IN THIS FORUM.
PLS I NEED CLARIFICATION ON D FOLLOWING IISUES BORHERING MY MIND........
1. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE ONE TO GET D GREEN CARD?
2. AFTER GETTING D GREEN CARD,IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ONE TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA & CONTINUE WITH WORK IF SO DESIRE?

THANX ALL FOR UR QUICK RESPONSE

Case No.........2008af6xxx
06/04/07..........nl Rec:d
24/04/07...........sent Back To Kcc
15/09/07..........interview Dat Confirmed
03/10/07...2nd Pkg Rec
06/10/07..........medicals Started
17/10/07....medicals Completed
06/11/07.........interview Succesful
06/12/07..visa Picked

u can come back and stay in naija, usa site said to maintain you qc u must visit us once every 12 monts

hello all!

hello my people. Una well done oh! I did some research on the internet for does that have already gotten through with their interviews.

You can check this sites
http://www.farecompare.com - for cheapest flights to the USA and
http://www.city-data.com/forum - it's a forum that helps answer questions as regards issues with any city or state in the USA

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx so much,u've really helped out.
meanwhile,oga modest,wots happening?u've been away for sometime now.hope all is well?rgds to ur family.
03/10/07...2nd Pkg Rec
06/12/07..visa Pickedell?

tanks

thanx so much,u've really helped out.
meanwhile,oga modest,wots happening?u've been away for sometime now.hope all is well?rgds to ur family.
03/10/07...2nd Pkg Rec
06/12/07..visa Pickedell?

my brother, many tanks i was just busy, but fully back now

Hello my fellow brthers and sisters . I dey hail oo. How una dey. I just find the thread and dey enjoy am well. I be DV winner 2002 . I dey file my citizenship now. But go dey stop ye at times.

NSC
N-400 SENT:- 10/15/07
NOA RECIEVED:- 11/22/2007
FP:- 12/20/2007
IL:- 12/28/2007
ID:- 02/12/2008

Hello my fellow brthers and sisters . I dey hail oo. How una dey. I just find the thread and dey enjoy am well. I be DV winner 2002 . I dey file my citizenship now. But go dey stop ye at times.

NSC

Congratulations and goodluck on ur citizenship

congratz

NSC

congratz and best of luck

I am a University student

Hello every one....Thank you very much for your help on this matter.Could someone answer me this question.

I am currently a University student and second year currently attending classes.I filled out the first NL that I was a University University.I am expecting the second letter .

My question is that does KCC or consular section highlight that I must have specific credit hours at a university level before I am granted the visa ?If so ,what is the minimum credit hour required ?Thank you for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnkent, Modest and other inmates over there, please what do you think about all these sites that talks about "Working from Home" Whereby you type from home and earn some money. One of such is "Typing for Dollars.com". They ask u to pay a certain sum for a package that will log you in and of course the shipping fee. Am still in Nigeria but I want to know how reliable this can be before I get there. Your enlightenment will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.