• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Can Any One Help Pls...tot This Forum Helps

please i have asked a question and nobody seems to have replied it...please can u go tthrough this .please i know my number is still high but i wanna get ready b4 then

"
hello house, i have been following this forum since last year and i believe if has been very very helpful. kudos to all you who have contributed to enlightening us(who dont know much about the dv) .please i would like to know if you need court statement for separation, i and my spouse have been separeted but still share the same last names (not divorced) i didn't include my spouse's details in all my forms because but someone says you have to prove the separation. also we have been married since 1979 but what i have is a sworn affidavit done in 1979 stating that we got married according to native law and custom and i also have the 1979 news paper that i used to do notification of change of name when i got married. please i want to know if it is sufficient.yes i didn't include my spouse and what i filled was SEPARATED not UNMARRIED.in the original dv form (very 1st one online) it says not to include details about your spouse if you are legally separated. the only place his name came up is on the DS 230 where u are supposed to put the name of your spouse but i didn't include him in list of those that may join me later (we have kids all above 21 yrs). guess u are not from nigeria but here we dont usually go to court to get a letter of separation .what do i do ?":confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:"

stop wondering

I was wondering if its possible to have someone in Nigeria get a police certificate for me?

if it's the police certificate that u want to use for ur interview,4get it,u will have to come down here cos u will do biomatrics test in Alagbon,so get it bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
u see.............

please i have asked a question and nobody seems to have replied it...please can u go tthrough this .please i know my number is still high but i wanna get ready b4 then

"
hello house, i have been following this forum since last year and i believe if has been very very helpful. kudos to all you who have contributed to enlightening us(who dont know much about the dv) .please i would like to know if you need court statement for separation, i and my spouse have been separeted but still share the same last names (not divorced) i didn't include my spouse's details in all my forms because but someone says you have to prove the separation. also we have been married since 1979 but what i have is a sworn affidavit done in 1979 stating that we got married according to native law and custom and i also have the 1979 news paper that i used to do notification of change of name when i got married. please i want to know if it is sufficient.yes i didn't include my spouse and what i filled was SEPARATED not UNMARRIED.in the original dv form (very 1st one online) it says not to include details about your spouse if you are legally separated. the only place his name came up is on the DS 230 where u are supposed to put the name of your spouse but i didn't include him in list of those that may join me later (we have kids all above 21 yrs). guess u are not from nigeria but here we dont usually go to court to get a letter of separation .what do i do ?":confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:"

firstly all your children above 21 can not be included in your case,then i understand u can not go through any legal means of separation here again after a long time that u have been separated,one of the options u have here is to tell the consular on the day of ur interview before u take the oath when u are face to face with the consular.They know how things work here,u will not have any problem if u tell him/her before the interview commence proper,so relax. If the interview wants to start, you just go by saying ''excuse sir or ma,i wolud like to make a clarification before taking the oath bla,bla,bla......'' and just say it distinctively.You will not be crucified for that & i hope u will come back to this forum to share ur experience.To back up that u can swear to an affidavit to back up ur separation,that u & Mr A are no more H&W, u copy?
Best of Luck!

thats what i was wonderin' too. A couple of people on this site had someone do it for them in nigeria. I don't know if modest went back to nigeria for a Police certificate??

JA..I do not believe that. I have sent s:eek: to pick finger print form from Lag. then we have to do the finger print as directed,then post it for my uncle to do it atLag. The time I was coming out, I did not do such exam. I only paid money ,fingerprint and after two weeks I collected it at Lag.

police

I was wondering if its possible to have someone in Nigeria get a police certificate for me?

I was able to obtain one for my husband through someone there but i had to get him to scan all his finger prints on paper which i had to take with a copy of the data page of his Int' passport and his pasport photograph.

It cost N3,000

thats what i was wonderin' too. A couple of people on this site had someone do it for them in nigeria. I don't know if modest went back to nigeria for a Police certificate??

all remember this posted by jrcies

2007, 08:30 PM
jrcies
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favour1
Please can l have the contact details as to contact him or her when l become current

ASP NUHU, with Phone number 08023090413.

Call him first and make an appointment.

Guys when you are going to him, don't re-nogotiate, if you do he will call another price for you oooooo....just go there and put your 2500 in an envelope and hand to him!
CN :2007AF000202**
MAY 24th 06:NL Letter Received.
JUNE 16th 06:Mailed Back Form to KCC.
JUNE 20th 06:KCC Confirm Delivery of Forms.
AUG 11th 07:Second Letter Received.
AUG 26th 07:Initiated Medicals.
SEP 12th 07:Interview Date.
SEP 21th 07:Medicals Completed.
SEP 24th 07:Medical Results Submitted.
OCT 10th 07:VISA RECIEVED.
LEFT NIG.: DEC 19th 07
P.O.E.(N.Y)

missing cert.

For question 1. the clinic for your medicals is Komoras clinic in V/I. then question 2.as it was said in the letter they need 5 credits and nothing less of that.so pls try and mail the lagos embassy but afraid you are God`s hands in this issue oh!pls pray hard{but do u have a BSC or HND}i think those might help during ur interview

Thanks for your contribution.

1. I don't have such i.e. BSC of HND. I have Diplom.

2. another question I have is that. I made mention of a school in my D-form, which I don't have its certificate now (its just a certificate course in Unijos.) Can I go to interview without such certificate? pls. help or any other person can contribute

2. another question I have is that. I made mention of a school in my D-form, which I don't have its certificate now (its just a certificate course in Unijos.) Can I go to interview without such certificate? pls. help or any other person can contribute

I dont think they will accept a Diploma instead of the O level results oh! but just pray on it and go to the interview with all educational qualifications u`ve got,may be one of them would stand out for u. then secondly about the UNIJOS certificate,u can go to the school and get your transcript sent to the US embassy in lagos before ur interview date,i think that might still help you too.

He can still get it

em,i think u don't need to bother yourself abt that anymore since he's not coming to Naija till ur interview date,the UK police report will be sufficieint for him,ok
Best wishes!:)

All you need to do is go to the police where u are going to do the finger print they will tell u what to do, cos i know all u need to is to collect that same form you will feel and sent it to him and he will feel it wit his finger prints and sent it back to u and u then take it back to the police, am sure that is the poccess u can verify from the police, but another think is that if he has lived outside nigeria for a long time then he will need to produce the report from his current country of residence.

You are still on track

I think your WAEC result is the most important. Even it is possible to combine two results, The second ques depends on the interviewer if he or she request for it. Then u need to have a court affidavit on how it got missed. With this i think u will be fine. Cool temper, just pray and God will do the rest.

Hi Guys,
Its Been Wonderful Sharing Ideas And Advices In This Forum.
Pls I Need Clarification On D Following Issues Bothering My Mind........
1. How Long Does It Take One To Get D Green Card?
2. After Getting D Green Card,is It Possible For One To Come Back To Nigeria & Continue With Work If So Desire?

Thanx All For Ur Quick Response

HI GUYS,
ITS BEEN WONDERFUL SHARING IDEAS AND ADVICES IN THIS FORUM.
PLS I NEED CLARIFICATION ON D FOLLOWING IISUES BORHERING MY MIND........
1. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE ONE TO GET D GREEN CARD?
2. AFTER GETTING D GREEN CARD,IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ONE TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA & CONTINUE WITH WORK IF SO DESIRE?

THANX ALL FOR UR QUICK RESPONSE

Case No.........2008af6xxx
06/04/07..........nl Rec:d
24/04/07...........sent Back To Kcc
15/09/07..........interview Dat Confirmed
03/10/07...2nd Pkg Rec
06/10/07..........medicals Started
17/10/07....medicals Completed
06/11/07.........interview Succesful
06/12/07..visa Picked

Why do u wann go then?

HI GUYS,
ITS BEEN WONDERFUL SHARING IDEAS AND ADVICES IN THIS FORUM.
PLS I NEED CLARIFICATION ON D FOLLOWING IISUES BORHERING MY MIND........
1. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE ONE TO GET D GREEN CARD?
2. AFTER GETTING D GREEN CARD,IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ONE TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA & CONTINUE WITH WORK IF SO DESIRE?

THANX ALL FOR UR QUICK RESPONSE

if u have taken time to follow this forum very well,green card takes btw 2-3 weeks.
U really need to stay for a number of period if u really want to get a citizen status on time and u are being monitored,so stay focused.
Wish u best of Luck in US!