• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Police Report

Hi every one,I just wanna cong all brother and sisters in this forum for their heart to help one another.I'm the DV2008 Winner, but from Tanzanian.I have been following up of this forum for quite some time now.But I think my number could be current on April,so I think is my time to get more involved.I saw one question asked by forum member regarding to police check.For exemple me I have been living in UK for the past 6 years.I wanna know if I still need police check from Tanzania? I'm not sure about this,cause I saw you need a police check form the place you have been living for the past 6months.By the way my interview will be in London.

Hi every one,I just wanna cong all brother and sisters in this forum for their heart to help one another.I'm the DV2008 Winner, but from Tanzanian.I have been following up of this forum for quite some time now.But I think my number could be current on April,so I think is my time to get more involved.I saw one question asked by forum member regarding to police check.For exemple me I have been living in UK for the past 6 years.I wanna know if I still need police check from Tanzania? I'm not sure about this,cause I saw you need a police check form the place you have been living for the past 6months.By the way my interview will be in London.

yes, u do need police clearance from tanzania.

Thanks JOHNKENT for your reply.But why would I need to get police report from Tanzania while I have been living in U.K for the past 5 years.I though the police check should come from the place where you have residing for the past 6 months?

Thanks JOHNKENT for your reply.But why would I need to get police report from Tanzania while I have been living in U.K for the past 5 years.I though the police check should come from the place where you have residing for the past 6 months?

Wherever you have lived for six months, you need a police report.

Thanks JCloud for your info.I understand now.So even if u have been living in more than 4 countries as far as you have been there for 6months you still need police report from those countries,isn't it?I hope I will be able to share my interview experience when is done.My number is AF18XXX.I hope next visa bullein could be on board.

u have to play save

My husband & I have been resident in the UK for about 2 years, and our interview will be in the UK, will i still need to get a police report from Nigeria before my interview or should i forget it. I will hate for it to delay our case when the time come.:D

if u and ur husband are legal migrant to UK or not it's advisable for the two of you to have police report from both Nigeria & Uk,it's better to have more documents than to be insufficient.hope u copy,best of Luck.

separtion

CN 20XXX
Awaiting 2nd nl

hello house, i have been following this forum since last year and i believe if has been very very helpful. kudos to all you who have contributed to enlightening us(who dont know much about the dv) .please i would like to know if you need court statement for separation, i and my spouse have been separeted but still share the same last names (not divorced) i didn't include my spouse's details in all my forms because but someone says you have to prove the separation. also we have been married since 1979 but what i have is a sworn affidavit done in 1979 stating that we got married according to native law and custom and i also have the 1979 news paper that i used to do notification of change of name when i got married. please i want to know if it is sufficient.

separtion

CN 20XXX
Awaiting 2nd nl

hello house, i have been following this forum since last year and i believe if has been very very helpful. kudos to all you who have contributed to enlightening us(who dont know much about the dv) .please i would like to know if you need court statement for separation, i and my spouse have been separeted but still share the same last names (not divorced) i didn't include my spouse's details in all my forms because but someone says you have to prove the separation. also we have been married since 1979 but what i have is a sworn affidavit done in 1979 stating that we got married according to native law and custom and i also have the 1979 news paper that i used to do notification of change of name when i got married. please i want to know if it is sufficient.:confused::confused::confused:

Finger Print for Police report

I am trying to process our police report in readiness for our interview while i am on holiday in 9ja. I am hearing that i might not be able to get a police report for my husband becos he needs to provide his finger print.

How true is this? and what can i do to get around this because he can not come down to get any report beofre the interview date. Is it really compulsary to get it, he has collected the one from the uk already.

hmnnn.......

I am trying to process our police report in readiness for our interview while i am on holiday in 9ja. I am hearing that i might not be able to get a police report for my husband becos he needs to provide his finger print.

How true is this? and what can i do to get around this because he can not come down to get any report beofre the interview date. Is it really compulsary to get it, he has collected the one from the uk already.

em,i think u don't need to bother yourself abt that anymore since he's not coming to Naija till ur interview date,the UK police report will be sufficieint for him,ok
Best wishes!:)

yes i didn't include my spouse and what i filled was SEPARATED not UNMARRIED.in the original dv form (very 1st one online) it says not to include details about your spouse if you are legally separated. the only place his name came up is on the DS 230 where u are supposed to put the name of your spouse but i didn't include him in list of those that may join me later (we have kids all above 21 yrs). guess u are not from nigeria but here we dont usually go to court to get a letter of separation .what do i do ?

Will They Correct My Dob

l am 2008 winner ,l notify the KCC about the correct of my date of birth,can someone help if my date of birth can be corrected,becos when cpmpleting the DS-230,I fill in my correct DOB.

c/n 2008af00020xxx
NL JULY 20,2007
SEND BACK JULY 30
WAITING 2ND LETTER.

l am 2008 winner ,l notify the KCC about the correct of my date of birth,can someone help if my date of birth can be corrected,becos when cpmpleting the DS-230,I fill in my correct DOB.

c/n 2008af00020xxx
NL JULY 20,2007
SEND BACK JULY 30
WAITING 2ND LETTER.

it can be corrected but it might raise a red flag during ur interview.

it's alright!

when u want to go for ur interview,before taking the oath,u'll have to mention it to the consular too but did KCC reply u that they have changed the DoB for u?if NO,try and contact them again............. best wishes