• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Hi getshorty, what happened to my case that resulted to administrative processing was that i was asked to list all the courses i did in my higher institution from year 1 to final year and explain each. I tried my best but i could not remember all at that moment. I was also asked questions on my Maths and physics which i did well in my o level but the woman said she was not satisfy with the answers i gave her on list of courses in the University. I also tried to let the woman know that i graduated five years ago and totally out of my field. I read biochemistry (5yrs ago) and i have been practicing administration ever since i graduated but the woman insisted i should remember at least 80% biochemistry since that was the course i read.

What actually happened was that i least expected the questions I was asked. i was thinking i will be asked about my work or stuff like that only. i have not joined this forum before then. i did not have the idea of the questions they normally ask.

Hey obyoby,am really sorry abt ur case its a little mis event.don't worry keep the fate on we all in house hope to pray for ourselves.lets hope u will get that great call from the embassy soonest for ur visa pickup date.stay alive:)

(middle name omitted)

Hello house, I was at WAEC yesterday to do an amendment on my result that had an error (middle name omitted). I paid for the amendment and a letter was written for me addressed to the embassy to serve as a back up since they took the original form me. I also went to do the verification for that result and I was told that the letter would be sent to the embassy along side my verification. I had to hold on with the verification with the intention of doing it next week.

My question is for people that have received such letter from WAEC, is it to be sent to the embassy with the verification or am I to go with the letter on the interview day.

Please o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your prompt response will be appreciated, as I will be going back to WAEC next week for the verification.

CASE Number- 2008AF00008xxx
Awaiting 2nd Letter

please share more light on this ur issue of ur midddle been ommited from ur results.is that ur surname and first name was written alone if thats the case i dont see any reason for going for verifications,bcos the two names are yours or was it anoda name that was written,explain better:confused:

Thanks for your response Temii. Please be praying for me also. I know all my documents are real. I don't have problem with that. I pray who ever they will meet for my enquiry will respond immediately so my case will not be delayed.

my brother/sister IT IS WELL WITH YOU

will i need it?

hey!hello evrybody,i would like to know as i'm getting married this Dec & i've concluded to include my wife in my case since my case is not coming up now,will i need Affidavit of Support?
I av told a lot of people abt this site even ppl who just played DV2009. Thanx

What actually happened was that my wife couldn't satisfy the Consular (Lady) as she requested her to talk on her project for 2mins and my wife couldnt explain in details. She told the lady she can not remember vividly and the Lady responded to her that she just graduated 3yrs ago and she has already forgotten her degree project. She also asked some questions on her course and she couldn't answer satisfactorily as well.

My wife's has communication problem as she cannot fully express herself. She grew up in a remote area and that has really affected are English. We have a little baby as well which was just a month old on the day of our interview. She requested, we should get an international passport for him when coming back again. In short, that was how the interview went.

I am looking forward to you guys comment.

at dis point i think i should ask if ur wife is d principal applicant, if so then d interviewer actually doubted her qualification and need to verify dem,
then remeber to remove d baby from d former passport u observed d baby in

at dis point i think i should ask if ur wife is d principal applicant, if so then d interviewer actually doubted her qualification and need to verify dem,
then remeber to remove d baby from d former passport u observed d baby in
Yeah!, my wife is the Principal Applicant. In fact, I was asked to step aside while she was interviewed. I haven't joined this forum before our interview i would have learnt from other people's experience. As per our new baby, we were instructed by the Embassy to observe the baby on his mother's passport. So, i dont know what you meant by 'remeber to remove d baby from d former passport u observed d baby in'. Can you please explain in details. Anyway, we weren't instructed to do that and i dont know how we can do that.

hey!hello evrybody,i would like to know as i'm getting married this Dec & i've concluded to include my wife in my case since my case is not coming up now,will i need Affidavit of Support?
I av told a lot of people abt this site even ppl who just played DV2009. Thanx

wen marry, scan ur cert and fill a ds-230 form and send to kcc via attacment,
now u will need Affidavit of Support?

Yeah!, my wife is the Principal Applicant. In fact, I was asked to step aside while she was interviewed. I haven't joined this forum before our interview i would have learnt from other people's experience. As per our new baby, we were instructed by the Embassy to observe the baby on his mother's passport. So, i dont know what you meant by 'remeber to remove d baby from d former passport u observed d baby in'. Can you please explain in details. Anyway, we weren't instructed to do that and i dont know how we can do that.

am online pls be ere lets talk

u said initially dat dey said u get a passport for d baby, did u go to d enbassy witout a passport for d baby

Dear ntumnui, there are definitely Cameroonian winners getting visas, even if there are many who are first going through AP; by the way we have a Cameroonian forum where you can read more experiences from Cameroonian, the link is http://www.franceservice.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=468&page=-1#24
To the naija forumists (adebayo, Mamaj, JRCIE, Modest etc) let me tell you that you have been such a blessing to me; I have learned so much from you guys and I thank God for you. Through you I came to have a different view of naijas (sorry to be honest here), and I especially appreciated seeing you putting God first, thanks to Pastor Adebayo’s leadership. The new pastor in the 2008 house has not yet fully started his ministry and I pray God to give him strength and wisdom to carry out his divine mission.
As you can see I had a successful interview and I can’t stop praising God for what He has done; I know it is just the beginning of the journey with the Shepherd of my soul. All Glory be to HIM!!!
God bless you all and see you at the other side of the Atlantic.

God Grace’
CN: 2008AF000053xx
received NL april 2007
May 2007 returned pack to kcc
Sept 2007 appointment letter received
Interview on October 2x; was asked to go and wait for administrative processing (verification of my spouse birth certificate)
Received the embassy call on November 1x and went to the embassy on Nov 2x; AP was declared successful
November 29th: Visa collected for real , getting ready to move…

waooooooooooooooooo am very happy for u,
and thank God u ave a diff view about 9ja now, we are not bad, we ave a very large population and am sure u know wat poverty means,

please share more light on this ur issue of ur midddle been ommited from ur results.is that ur surname and first name was written alone if thats the case i dont see any reason for going for verifications,bcos the two names are yours or was it anoda name that was written,explain better:confused:

Yes my surname and my first name was written and WEAC has written a letter stating that it was an error and an amendment is ongoing. My issue is that WAEC is saying that the letter will be sent along side my confirmation of result to the embassy instead of giving it to me to take to the interview.

Do you think it will be a problem if I don’t go for the interview with the letter personally?

waec result

Dear Modest

I guess you have the best advice to this my issue, please advice me appropriately to enable me gather all the required educational qualification before my interview, though i have not gotten my 2nd package.

I have a notification of result from WAEC, is that the actual paper needed during interview? or do I go to WAEC office for a confirmation document.
i.e. the notification from WAEC online.

Nobody seem to be interested in this my question, but it is bothering me a lot.

Case: 2008AF00007xxx
NL Received April 10, 2007
Waiting for 2nd package.

Yes my surname and my first name was written and WEAC has written a letter stating that it was an error and an amendment is ongoing. My issue is that WAEC is saying that the letter will be sent along side my confirmation of result to the embassy instead of giving it to me to take to the interview.

Do you think it will be a problem if I don’t go for the interview with the letter personally?

If WAEC told u that they will send the verification and amendments to the embassy for sure they will don't worry its what they do often,but it think in the threads of DV2007 it was stated that a lady in one the floors of the WAEC office{i think assistance register verification}that she is helpful to people regarding issues so try go tru the threads from start to end u will see the info and try and meet her. but better still relax ur mind there is no problem becos i know sum in Dv2006 that his name was written just like u said and he had no problem and he went his certificate not statement of result or don't u have ur certificate.

Dear Modest

I guess you have the best advice to this my issue, please advice me appropriately to enable me gather all the required educational qualification before my interview, though i have not gotten my 2nd package.

I have a notification of result from WAEC, is that the actual paper needed during interview? or do I go to WAEC office for a confirmation document.

Waiting for 2nd package.

moon&star it has been said over &over that u cant go for CP with an ordinary statement of result,u have to go WAEC for verification of ur results and it cost N5000 per result i.e if u using one result not combined results. so wen u get ur 2nd package go to WAEC office at Yaba in lagos for verification and it will be sent to the embassy

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Modest

Waiting for 2nd package.

if u have ur certificate,u don't need any verification.in my own case ,they did not collect the verification letter from me.the guy said there is no need since i have my certificate.as per the name issue,i see no problem with name arrangement but if u have done ammendment,still no problem.it is well my broda.i was once in ur situation.i feel u.

waec result

I sincerely appreciate all you attention towards this issue. I have SSCE certificate and one GCE notification of result. I will do as you have said to verify the GCE result at Lagos.

Iam a sis. not a bro., pls. Thanks all the same.

Syntaxpro and others that have gone for their CP please tell the house during your wait to be called up to the interviewing officer,were other people interviewed granted visas or people were disqualified for one reason or the other

I had a lovely journey to the staes although it was kinda long and boring but i got here save and sound. Ive got some experiences to share here but i'll do that later in the week.
My love to la chick , onoriode and kelvin.

hey people,
i just want to say thanks to everyone in the house, i have finally recieved my pick up letter. thank God for his blessings, and for allowing me stumble into this forum at the time i did.
u have all been very useful and wonderful, both the inexperienced pple like me who ask d dumb questions and the experienced ones who provide the answers patiently. God bbless all of u.
my second time at the embassy was almost uneventful, all they asked was when i plan to leave for the US and i gave an answer and i was given a pick up date and that was it. so there isnt anything to discuss with those yet to complete their CP.
i'll definitely provide answers when i have them.