• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Thank you all for your congratulations. Actually I should've been thanking you for your endless efforts of using this forum to bring informtion on our finger tips. You are all winners!

Let me attempt to give a rundown of the interview in Frankfurt, Germany:

My wife came down from London and we drove down to Frankfurt on that faithful 13th of Nov. for the interview. I am the principal applicant. We got to the consulate at about 7AM. It was very cold outside, maybe 4°C. We got on a line outside the gate at about 7.30 and passed through the check point at about 7.50. Our number was called at about 8.10 to pay a total of €1,120 (=$1,500). We were given a big envelope and asked to paste a stamp of €4.25 on it. Just before I was done our number was called again to submit our documents. We submitted the documents and the admin. officers said all looked good and gave us basic imigration instructions. He told us he will take the file to the consular officer who will then call us later for a short interview. We sat down again. At about 9.15 we were called for the interview. We did the finger print and the officer said we should sign the DSP230 form. After the siging the officer asked which language we prefer and I said since my wife doesnt speak German we should do it in english. The guy made some jokes with my wife and then turned to me:

Officer: When did you become a German Citizen?
Me: over 5 years ago
Officer: Why do you want to go to the states?
Me: Its all about more opportunities. I believe I will have many more career opportunities in the states
Officer: Ok I want you to do something for me. I want you to go get an employment letter in the states, send it to me and then I will issue you a visa.
Me: I do have a job presently which I like and I will not relocate to the states until I get something better there. Besides I have provided you with an affidavit of support which should take care of our expenses should my wife and I be there in the states without a job.
Officer: Where is the affidavit of support?
Me: Check the file for it sir. I submitted it with my other documents.

He went through his file and saw the affidavit. My sponsor makes more than $120,000 a year and has property is valued at about $800,000. My personal income is morethan 4 times poverty level but I don't have any savings.

Officer: Well it looks very good for your man but I would like to see your own funds. You always have your vacation in the states so just go out there and get an employment letter, send it to me and I will issue you a visa immediately.
Me: I am disappointed by that. When I get home today I will get into the internet and look for Job at Mcdonalds in Alaska.

Consular officer started laughing...

Me: I will fax the letter to you. But do you beleive I will leave my good job in Germany to go and work for Mcdonalds in Alaska
Officer: No
Me: ...so I will take my time and look for a good job. I won't leave Germany to the States just for another job. I will look for a very good Job and I will send the employment letter to you.

The officer looked intensively into my eyes and said:

Officer: I will issue you the visa and you'll get your passports in about a week's time. You go get that very good Job and send the employment letter to me.
Me: You bet I will keep my promise

Thant was it.

Today 15th Nov., I received a big postal package form the consulate containing:
2 sealed envelopes
2 passports with Immigrant Visas valid for 6 months or 1 year uppon endorsement

I hope nobody will use this as a standard interview question catalogue.
My case was very strong; I have a B1/B2 visa that was still more than 9yrs valid, I have 2 Masters degree in Engineering and business admin, I have more than 5 years working experience with an American company in Germany, I travel atleast 2-4 times a year to the states for work or pleasure...
The message here is very clear; get "clean" documents and always be yourself. Don't try to play with words. Defend yourself and present your case to the best of your knowledge. Don't forget that we are all humans and even the consular officers may overlook a document or information.

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS. YOU ARE WINNERS.

wao!! your case was so simple and interesting. I can now see that the major aim of this interview is to ascertain
1. if you are the real owner of the case and secondly
2. if you can be able to take care of your self in state if issued the Visa.

Congratulations BlackGerman.

Thank you all for your congratulations. Actually I should've been thanking you for your endless efforts of using this forum to bring informtion on our finger tips. You are all winners!

Let me attempt to give a rundown of the interview in Frankfurt, Germany:

My wife came down from London and we drove down to Frankfurt on that faithful 13th of Nov. for the interview. I am the principal applicant. We got to the consulate at about 7AM. It was very cold outside, maybe 4°C. We got on a line outside the gate at about 7.30 and passed through the check point at about 7.50. Our number was called at about 8.10 to pay a total of €1,120 (=$1,500). We were given a big envelope and asked to paste a stamp of €4.25 on it. Just before I was done our number was called again to submit our documents. We submitted the documents and the admin. officers said all looked good and gave us basic imigration instructions. He told us he will take the file to the consular officer who will then call us later for a short interview. We sat down again. At about 9.15 we were called for the interview. We did the finger print and the officer said we should sign the DSP230 form. After the siging the officer asked which language we prefer and I said since my wife doesnt speak German we should do it in english. The guy made some jokes with my wife and then turned to me:

Officer: When did you become a German Citizen?
Me: over 5 years ago
Officer: Why do you want to go to the states?
Me: Its all about more opportunities. I believe I will have many more career opportunities in the states
Officer: Ok I want you to do something for me. I want you to go get an employment letter in the states, send it to me and then I will issue you a visa.
Me: I do have a job presently which I like and I will not relocate to the states until I get something better there. Besides I have provided you with an affidavit of support which should take care of our expenses should my wife and I be there in the states without a job.
Officer: Where is the affidavit of support?
Me: Check the file for it sir. I submitted it with my other documents.

He went through his file and saw the affidavit. My sponsor makes more than $120,000 a year and has property is valued at about $800,000. My personal income is morethan 4 times poverty level but I don't have any savings.

Officer: Well it looks very good for your man but I would like to see your own funds. You always have your vacation in the states so just go out there and get an employment letter, send it to me and I will issue you a visa immediately.
Me: I am disappointed by that. When I get home today I will get into the internet and look for Job at Mcdonalds in Alaska.

Consular officer started laughing...

Me: I will fax the letter to you. But do you beleive I will leave my good job in Germany to go and work for Mcdonalds in Alaska
Officer: No
Me: ...so I will take my time and look for a good job. I won't leave Germany to the States just for another job. I will look for a very good Job and I will send the employment letter to you.

The officer looked intensively into my eyes and said:

Officer: I will issue you the visa and you'll get your passports in about a week's time. You go get that very good Job and send the employment letter to me.
Me: You bet I will keep my promise

Thant was it.

Today 15th Nov., I received a big postal package form the consulate containing:
2 sealed envelopes
2 passports with Immigrant Visas valid for 6 months or 1 year uppon endorsement

I hope nobody will use this as a standard interview question catalogue.
My case was very strong; I have a B1/B2 visa that was still more than 9yrs valid, I have 2 Masters degree in Engineering and business admin, I have more than 5 years working experience with an American company in Germany, I travel atleast 2-4 times a year to the states for work or pleasure...
The message here is very clear; get "clean" documents and always be yourself. Don't try to play with words. Defend yourself and present your case to the best of your knowledge. Don't forget that we are all humans and even the consular officers may overlook a document or information.

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS. YOU ARE WINNERS.

wao!! your case was so simple and interesting. I can now see that the major aim of this interview is to ascertain
1. if you are the real owner of the case and secondly
2. if you can be able to take care of your self in state if issued a Visa.

Congratulations BlackGerman.

Any Hope?

The cut-off number is looking not good for nigeria. it only moved by 300.very weird.

NA waoo for these people. with the way this visa bulletin is crawling, I don't know what will become of those of us with high numbers. I still am hopefull but i need someone to tell me exactly if we are hopeful of being current

NA waoo for these people. with the way this visa bulletin is crawling, I don't know what will become of those of us with high numbers. I still am hopefull but i need someone to tell me exactly if we are hopeful of being current

At this point, no one can say for sure. We'll see what happens when the next bulletin is released.That i think will tell us exactly what to expect.

Hello house and Modest,
I was wodering abt what you meant by that.
Is it okay for someone to have an affidavit of support from someone, and then enter the States through an airport farther away. I just read from you that the sponsor's adress will be on the visa.
I am planning to stay away from my sponsor at a freinds place.
Read from you soon.

ur sponsor address will be on d package not visa, and yes u can enter tru another state but remember to tell dem at d entrance dat u are change ur address so dat ur gc can come to ur present address

Hello house, am a married woman and my WAEC results carries my middle name in abbrevaition i.e[SIMBI Q. DOE] and wen i filled the lottery entry form i used my name,my surname as my middle name and my husband`s name i.e[ SIMBI DOE ALFRED] pls i hope no implications on this during the interviews.pls

Aganwoko, I truely don't like the progress of cutoff numbers for Nigeria. It is very slow. Reasons may include; many more winners are being successful, many are presenting one or more derivatives etc. In other word the great success of those with low numbers may end up hurting others with relatively high numbers.
Continue your normal live and never forget to sing kumbaya to the LORD

congratulations.

Blackgerman,
Congratulations to your family for the grace and boldness given to you on your interview. I really love the way you proved to be whom you are. God is good to us in this house.
Aganwoko, relax your nerves, God will not fail to perfect that which concerns you.
Ikoyi Registry is NOT the only acceptable registry in Nigeria. Please let us take pain to cross check facts before creating tension in the house.

Aganwoko, I truely don't like the progress of cutoff numbers for Nigeria. It is very slow. Reasons may include; many more winners are being successful, many are presenting one or more derivatives etc. In other word the great success of those with low numbers may end up hurting others with relatively high numbers.
Continue your normal live and never forget to sing kumbaya to the LORD

yeah, i think more people are getting successful at the interviews and thats not good for some of us with high numbers and also for me who would need atleast 6 months to adjust my status in the u.s if my number becomes current. i have my finger crossed. Am kinda depressed rite now. i'll just go eat some more food and try to get over it.haha

Hello house, am a married woman and my WAEC results carries my middle name in abbrevaition i.e[SIMBI Q. DOE] and wen i filled the lottery entry form i used my name,my surname as my middle name and my husband`s name i.e[ SIMBI DOE ALFRED] pls i hope no implications on this during the interviews.pls

can u trow more light pls. do u maintain a compound name? what name do u ave on ur passport, den ur birth cert

Relax John

yeah, i think more people are getting successful at the interviews and thats not good for some of us with high numbers and also for me who would need atleast 6 months to adjust my status in the u.s if my number becomes current. i have my finger crossed. Am kinda depressed rite now. i'll just go eat some more food and try to get over it.haha

Johnkent relax there is no need to panic.:D Nigeria have about 3500 slot of visa to be issued. those guys who are having successful interview are just the few people from the forum because there are well prepared. we don't really know how successful those other guys who don't know their left or right when it comes to Dv preparations and Interview proper. check it out our members here from Nigeria are not even up to 100.:D But we pray that more people can find this web site to boost theirs chances of scaling through.

ok in birth certificate its goes: simbi queen doe, while the international passport carries: simbi doe alfred.[alfred is my husbands name] hope no implications

ok in birth certificate its goes: simbi queen doe, while the international passport carries: simbi doe alfred.[alfred is my husbands name] hope no implications

No problem

I don't think that should be a problem, show them your birth cert and marriage cert. or other proof to show you're the same person.

Re; E-Passport

Joyful,
three week is just too much to process new e-passport, two wks is okay. so pls talk to the person inorder not to be delaying it unnecessarily 'cos noone knows what would happen anytime then the cost is blw 17k to 18k