• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

You should be fine

Hello house, I have an issue with my waec result( Omission of middle name).I went to WAEC and I was told to go back to my secondary school and get a letter then come back to WAEC for the correction. Then yesterday I was told by a WAEC official that to get a new WAEC result with all my names in it will take 6months to 1year. I dont know what else to do.

Plsease house I need your advice.

I think the only thing now is for you to do what WAEC asked you to do. with the letter from your school and also letter from Waec you should be fine.

How how is every Body doing ? hope All is well...:)

I just want to share this story with you all so that every body can be alert..
A friend of mine help one guy to filled the dv lottery 2008. luckily to him he won. He got married after getting the first package. when i heard about the news i was telling my friend to contact the guy so that i can educate him about the Dv stuff and also introduce him to this great forum. Unfortunately, my friend could not contact the guy because he had not the guys phone number.
Just toady the guy came to my friend and was telling him that he had his interview. But was denied Visa. Reason Being that the went to the Interview with Fake WAEC. Can you Imagine that..???:eek:

why on Earth can some one be going to the interview with a fake result.? the worst part of it, is that it was the wife who was the principal applicant and she was pregnant.. hoping to soon give birth to American citizen. Story had it that she nearly delivered the baby untimely in the embassy when the news was unfolded to them that they have been denied Visa..

My people if you are here and you have such thing in Mind, you had better have a rethink. It will be better you quietly sit for waec or NECo and play the on going Lottery 2009 and God Will Help you.

"My people Perish due to the lack of Information"

Dont Fake!!

Onyii I have no doubts about the truth of your story talkless of the advice you have derived from it. I thought that was great.

What disturbed me was the fact that both were disqualified based on fraud committed by by derivative. That doesnt make much sense to me.
Generally, if the principal applicant is disqualified, by definition is the derivative automatically disqualified. However if the principal applicant is disqualified based on fraud by derivative, then atleast the principal applicant must have been accomplice to this fraud.

Onyii I have no doubts about the truth of your story talkless of the advice you have derived from it. I thought that was great.

What disturbed me was the fact that both were disqualified based on fraud committed by by derivative. That doesnt make much sense to me.
Generally, if the principal applicant is disqualified, by definition is the derivative automatically disqualified. However if the principal applicant is disqualified based on fraud by derivative, then atleast the principal applicant must have been accomplice to this fraud.

When visa fraud is committed by either principal applicant or derivative, both of em are denied visa cos both are involved in the crime.
Yeah, some Nigerians think those that work at the embassy are mugu's too. haha
These state department employees go thru intensive learning to be able to determine fraud immediately but sometimes, i've seen them make very bad judgement call by generalizing all Nigerians as having fraud documents

Please Calrify

For the Likes of Modest and Jrcies who have ran this race before, please I will need some clarification on these issues.

I have my HND and have served since 2003.
- Do I need transcript from my School for Interview?
- Apart from my NYSC Cert and Results, what other thing do I need to show
my qualification?
- Do I need to verify my Waec? - Its is not my highest qualification

I have asked this from the forum before. I entered 1974 instead of 1975 for my Spouse date of birth. I have since (according to advice from the house) notified KCC abt this mistake attaching his Birth Cert and information page of International passport already presented at the embassy once to my NL form while submitting it.

My Question is that:
- Have you seen someone with the similar complain that passed the interview having notified KCC b4 hand? I mean, since I have notified KCC, is there an assurance that this will not stand against me on the day of judgement....oops Interview???

Thanks for being there for us always.

Hi
I just got the a email from KCC that my (wife's) interview is december 6, 2007

2008EU000005xx
NL recieved :May 10, 2007
send back: June 6, 2007
email notification for second letter december , 6 2007

Hi

2008EU000005xx

That is good news for you nallbani88. I hope your mind is at ease now.

I want to use this opportunity to reiterate that derivatives also should be prepared as principal applicant.
The guy does not deserve my pity, he actually reaped what he sowed. I only pity the wife who probably may have correct and genuine documents. But come to think of it, the requirements from derivatives is only BC, Marriage certificate and evidence of relationship. May be the guy want to impress, and got himself fixed forever.
May God help us but we need to help ourselves. Heaven help those who help themselves.
Onyii,
I do not understand what u meant by derivative should be prepared. Are u suggesting that the derivatives should go to WAEC to verify their result as the principal applicant had done? It is necessary?

I think the only thing now is for you to do what WAEC asked you to do. with the letter from your school and also letter from Waec you should be fine.

Onyii thanks for the reply. The issue is that the letter WAEC asked me to get from my school is a letter addressed to WAEC for the correction and it will be handed over to them with the original result which will be in their possession till am issued a new one in 6months or 1 year. Of course my interview might fall in February. I am not getting a copy of that letter even if I will it has to be a photocopy. I can only get a letter from my secondary school stating that I state for WAEC there. Am not sure WAEC office will give me a letter to back me up if I request for one and beside if i hand over my result to them, I will not have one to go for the interview with

CN: 2008AF00008XXX
SENT NL: June, 2007.
KCC Confirmed receipt
Awaiting 2nd package

I just got my second package today,17/10/07,two weeks after my interview.If not for this great forum and the comprehensive postings of some prominent DV 2007 winners thread I went through,I would have missed my interview.Advice to those whose number is current is that,dont over rely on the coming of 2nd NL.Better to call KCC/e-mail them.Goodluck to all those going for thier interview.
CASE NUMBER--------------------2008AF000022XX
INTERVIEW DATE-----------------03/10/07
INTERVIEW-----------------------SUCCESSFUL
PICK UP DATE--------------------02/11/07

Onyii,
I do not understand what u meant by derivative should be prepared. Are u suggesting that the derivatives should go to WAEC to verify their result as the principal applicant had done? It is necessary?

Well, I am not Onyii, he is the annointed Pastor. However what I meant is that we have two cases already where the faith of the Principal Applicants have been decided by the derivatives, one positive result, and the other negative. The requirements for derivatives does not include WAEC or any other academic records, and that is why Onyii's friend case still amuse me, bcos ordinarily, he is not suppose to brings his academic pali. But God knows. Derivatives should atleast be prepared to answer questions that bothers on relationship and their job experiences. House what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am not Onyii, he is the annointed Pastor. However what I meant is that we have two cases already where the faith of the Principal Applicants have been decided by the derivatives, one positive result, and the other negative. The requirements for derivatives does not include WAEC or any other academic records, and that is why Onyii's friend case still amuse me, bcos ordinarily, he is not suppose to brings his academic pali. But God knows. Derivatives should atleast be prepared to answer questions that bothers on relationship and their job experiences. House what do you think?

You are right but l think that they are looking for the best applicants from the winners which makes them deny most winners visa on any little mistake.
My advice is that we get everything right and try not to impress.:)

la chic

first lets have ur sign so that we know when u will be current.
do what waec ask u to do, but if by one month before ur interview, the new cert is not out, u may have to get a letter from waec to that effect so that u can take that with u to the embasy

ur mind

Hi

2008EU000005xx

yes ur mind will sure be at rest now, get prepared, document wise and financially

hello

Hello House, I read a thread in the 2007 winners and I think is worth sharing. It is about members of the house who are graduates and would want to use their graduate certificates abroad. I read that what is required is to send your academic transcript to verifying bodies who will evaluate your result to their standard. When this is done (although u are usually placed on queue) you are sure to have a graduate job after evaluation.
I got talking with one person and she told me that she had sent hers for evaluation and that all her A-grades were reviewed upwards to A+ and Bs are rated A etc. She has not started work though but expecting one soon. She studied English her in Nigeria. But the other winner of DV 2007 where I read it from, studied accounting and is working with it.
So I do not think is all about low profile jobs since we are legal immegrants. So my people, lets keep hope alive, we may have good opportunities.

Hello, we need to know this, it is not that our qualifications outside the states is useless, it if very useful.
See my guys , u will get a job, it is the salary that will determine if u love it or not, then when u attend the same interview with an oyinbo, u can give answers to the outcome..........................:confused:

But when u do nursing or any course in the health area, u will get jobs without stress and u can add extra hours so that u can make more money, reason why people rush nursing.

if u get a job with the government ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh marvelous, u dont need to know anybody just apply and wait, if u wish to.

This infor is an extract from evaluation service auto responce, it is equipped with various degress of their sites, they may be useful

This is an automatic response to the message that you sent World Education Services (WES). Please read it completely and carefully because it may contain the information that you seek.

WES evaluates ALL legitimate educational credentials issued by recognized institutions located outside of the United States.

If you have submitted an application to WES and wish to follow up on it, or check its status, please go to our Applicant Status Page https://www.wes.org/appstatus/

Applications for credential evaluation can be obtained on our Application Page http://www.wes.org/application/

If you have a completed WES evaluation and wish to order additional copies, go to http://www.wes.org/fees/obtain.asp

Information about the types of evaluations offered by WES is given at our Evaluation Types Page http://www.wes.org/fees/evaltypes.asp

Information about the documents that you must submit for evaluation is given at our Required Documents Page http://www.wes.org/required/

Information about our fees can be found at our Fees Page http://www.wes.org/fees/

The WES website http://www.wes.org contains all the necessary information and detailed instructions. It will show you step-by-step how to submit an application for evaluation.

If you have a special need or a question that is not answered in our website, please go to the Contact Us page http://www.wes.org/contact.asp section of our website

FOR PERSONNEL FROM ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS

Personnel from academic institutions are invited to go to http://www.wes.org/academic/ for information on the services that WES provides for institutions.

Thank you for your interest.

Onyii thanks for the reply. The issue is that the letter WAEC asked me to get from my school is a letter addressed to WAEC for the correction and it will be handed over to them with the original result which will be in their possession till am issued a new one in 6months or 1 year. Of course my interview might fall in February. I am not getting a copy of that letter even if I will it has to be a photocopy. I can only get a letter from my secondary school stating that I state for WAEC there. Am not sure WAEC office will give me a letter to back me up if I request for one and beside if i hand over my result to them, I will not have one to go for the interview with

KCC Confirmed receipt
Awaiting 2nd package

oga dont drop ur cert with waec at this crucial hour, u must get a letter from waec, that game im riski, u hear

For the Likes of Modest and Jrcies who have ran this race before, please I will need some clarification on these issues.

I have my HND and have served since 2003.
- Do I need transcript from my School for Interview?
- Apart from my NYSC Cert and Results, what other thing do I need to show
my qualification?
- Do I need to verify my Waec? - Its is not my highest qualification

I have asked this from the forum before. I entered 1974 instead of 1975 for my Spouse date of birth. I have since (according to advice from the house) notified KCC abt this mistake attaching his Birth Cert and information page of International passport already presented at the embassy once to my NL form while submitting it.

My Question is that:
- Have you seen someone with the similar complain that passed the interview having notified KCC b4 hand? I mean, since I have notified KCC, is there an assurance that this will not stand against me on the day of judgement....oops Interview???

Thanks for being there for us always.

take ur waec cert and higher degree cert, bith cert those are important
about ur spouse, i have not seen such case before, so i may not be able to comment on that

oga dont drop ur cert with waec at this crucial hour, u must get a letter from waec, that game im riski, u hear

Oga Modest thanks for your advice. Actually, I have two WAEC result. One has 5 credits with my entire name intact but the other is the one am having issue with. I will try and see if waec will give me a letter to back it up.I pary they do because like you said it’s a big risk dropping the cert with them considering my case number.

KCC Confirmed receipt
Awaiting 2nd package