• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

hello,

In my case by birth certificate was issued in Surulere LGA, but filled lagos as city where i was born in the Initial DV entry. I knew lagos was a city, the world sees lagos as one, and it would be somehow filling surulere as city. I also had it at the back of my mind what my passport had as my POB, which is Lagos.

All other forms sent to KCC had Lagos, Lagos has both city and state as POB respectively to allow for consistency. But by birth certificate had surulere. If you read all my analysis, and lookups links on "Are LGAs cities or Is Lagos a city/state", you'll understand what i'm saying - Lagos is seen as a city state, while LGAs are closer to being called towns.

Since Suru-lere,which is your birth city is within Lagos state, you should be fine:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jries, how are you? how did it go today? have you picked it up/ please feed the house. congrats!

I dey kampe my brother and Yes, ooooooo my people, I don pick the visas up yesterday oooooooooo.
Thank you all for your prayers and supportssssssssssss, I appreciates!

Last edited by a moderator:
COngratssssssssssssssss

Yes, ooooooo my people, I don pick the visas up yesterday oooooooooo.

heeeeeeeeeyyyyy thank God oh...........Am personally so happy for you ooo..J haaa honestly i was afraid of this saying that NO issuing of visa after 30th of September.

Sanu ooh

yes God has been good, but we should also give consideration to our muslim brothers
ONE NIGERIA

Oga Modest, Well done ooh.. ..congrats for your GC. Is like you are observing the El di fitri Holiday in yanke..hope you and your kids are coping with the weather in Yankee..? is it cool or hot now.:D

Yes, ooooooo my people, I don pick the visas up yesterday oooooooooo.

heeeeeeeeeyyyyy thank God oh...........Am personally so happy for you ooo..J haaa honestly i was afraid of this saying that NO issuing of visa after 30th of September.

The truth is all visas must be issued before the end of SEP the DV FY.
From the date on my visa, it was issued 27th of Sep 07.

I guess the time taken was for them to verify all the documents submitted

What do i do?

oga dont get ur self worked up pls
in the dv u said u were born in lagos, which is a city, ur birth cert also has lagos state in the heaed paper i suppose,
no problems now.
except i dont understand u

Thank God you agree with me that Lagos is a city. From those links i posted in the previous webpage, you see that the world sees Lagos as a city. The problem i'm having is that my Birth Certificate has Surulere Local Government has Letter Headed Paper, and it reads something like this:

I ------- of the Registry of Birth and Death at Surulere in Nigeria here by attest to the birth of ---(full names)---- born to ---(father's name)--- and ---(mother's name)--- on the ---(date of birth)--- in Surulere .....etc

This spurns a lot of confusion, because i have always filled Lagos has the city where i was born. Are LGAs really considered cities or towns? In this case what do you think i should do to get around this? You may want to check this up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Nigeria. Then click on lagos, and scroll down to Administration and Demographics.

yes God has been good, but we should also give consideration to our muslim brothers
ONE NIGERIA

Who am I not to give consideration to my fellow human beings and especially God's own creation? It is only I don't have people to give me Awe meat, simply because what you don't have you can not eat.
Thank God Jrcies finally collected her family visas.
Members who already have their interview I beg make una share experience now.

Npc

Hello all please they said Affidavit must not be recent ones. I hope it did not include NPC certificate.? I mean one can obtain NPC any time you want.? shee:)Abeg I hope cane no dey around...make una no flug me oooooooo:D

thanks

u can change ur sponsor. u compulsorily need an affidavit of support, u may not go with it during ur interview, but that will delay ur visa, as u will have to go back to complete ur process
if u want ur wife to join u later, it is ok. but pls make sure u guys attend the interview together, the visa is 6 months, so she can join u before the expiration of the visa

modest may God bless u and ur family,i can still try to get another sponsor till my interview date

jcries, i am so very 2much amazingly delightedly and fabulously happy for . from the previous sentence you van see dat i lack the adequate words, to explain the level of joy i feel on ur success. once again congratulation.
oluko(teacher) dont 4get to carry ur cane along wit u

onoriode and other who have had succesful interview, i congratulate all of you on your success. and wish u speedy arrival to the US

house, i want us to decide on the lagos being a city or state issue and take a unilateral decision on what to do? different schools of thought within the house are contesting a "Consistency Vs Factual" arguement. I am in a fix bcos, i was also born in lagos Ikeja and my POB according to the DSP forms are lagos, i cant recall wat i filled in the DV forms, cos i didnt fill it myself online. and im about getting an international passport so i really need a UNILATERAL DIRECTION so dat we can go with the flo while applying for an int passport. i also want to find out from the house esp from any one who has recently gotten the new visa wat the immigration people eventually put on the passport interms of POB i.e (the LGA thau filled or just Lagos)

u are ok

Thank God you agree with me that Lagos is a city. From those links i posted in the previous webpage, you see that the world sees Lagos as a city. The problem i'm having is that my Birth Certificate has Surulere Local Government has Letter Headed Paper, and it reads something like this:

I ------- of the Registry of Birth and Death at Surulere in Nigeria here by attest to the birth of ---(full names)---- born to ---(father's name)--- and ---(mother's name)--- on the ---(date of birth)--- in Surulere .....etc

This spurns a lot of confusion, because i have always filled Lagos has the city where i was born. Are LGAs really considered cities or towns? In this case what do you think i should do to get around this? You may want to check this up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Nigeria. Then click on lagos, and scroll down to Administration and Demographics.

suru lere is in lagos and lagos is in nigeria.
u are ok, very ok i suppose
dont panic God is alive