• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2008 case number AS000093xx

masoud54

Registered Users (C)
I just received the congratulations letter with case number AS000093xx. Is there any hope to get the GC? Is the number too high?

The number is high and your chance to be assigned an appointment for interview is low presumably. However, your chance of getting visa depends on your nationality as well. Some nationalities need post-process after interview.

The number is high and your chance to be assigned an appointment for interview is low presumably. However, your chance of getting visa depends on your nationality as well. Some nationalities need post-process after interview.

Thanks for the reply, I am from Iran, so I guess there is no hope :(

Hi masoud54

First of all I should say congratulations. U are a lucky person, so don't lose your hope. According to archived bulteins your case number were current in March 2004 and August 2005. Just fill out and send the forms carefully and quickly. If u have any questions I would be glad to help.

sincerely yours
Erfan

I just received the congratulations letter with case number AS000093xx. Is there any hope to get the GC? Is the number too high?

dear masoud
Cogratulations and welcome 2 our forum specially the persian part.:)
about ur number please don't worry as erfan said u r so lucky and be sure u r one the travellers to land of golden opportunities, God Willing.
be with us and whenever face a problem in this criteria fill free 2 ask us.
V r here 2 help eachothers don't forget this matter.
Good Luck

Masoud, my words were based on DV2006. However, according to what Erfan said, you cannot speculate what will happen in the following fiscal year. Numbers might become current much faster than DV2006, who knows!

So, if you don't know any other faster way to go to the US, don't lose your chance. Fill in the DV forms and send them back to the KCC.

Good Luck

Dear Masoud

Is the word CONGRATULATIONS written on top of your notification letter?
If yes. you can have a chance 2 get the visa,GOD WILLING.
Good Luck

NL Date and location

Dear Sir,

Congratulation, and i hope that your number will be reached. Kindly requested to till us about your notification letter post date, notification letter received dated and the country where you receive your NL.

Thanks,

Thanks everybody for the emotional support. I am currently in US on F1 student visa and will keep you posted on the case. For DV1 the postmark date is Apr 2nd and I received it on Apr 4th in Maryland, USA. I will be talking to a lawyer soon and will let you know the result.

Good luck Masoud. By the way, it would be great if you could answer gr8ideaman's question regarding the "Congradulations" word. Some believe that if this word is in a notification letter, the winner will have a good chance to be interviewed. Does your notification letter start with that word?

The letter starts with the date, Barcode, Name and the address and then goes like this: Dear Masoud XXXX, Congratulations! You are among those .....

The letter starts with the date, Barcode, Name and the address and then goes like this: Dear Masoud XXXX, Congratulations! You are among those .....

dear masoud, the chances of getting your name check in time is a lot greater than your file being lost in the FBI office. just follow the process and you will be fine. i have seen many many iranians getting through this process successfully. so just follow the process

DV number is 2008AS000099xx too high? Hopeless?

My number is 2008AS000099xx. I know the number is high.... should I not put any hope at all? Or I still have chance. I am from Taiwan, btw. Anyone from Tawain as well?

This is interesting..I have seen somewhere in the other forums, some people received the letter not starting with 'congratulations, you are among those ..'.

I know some people received the letter starting 'you are possibly among those..'. or something. I think this is related to number and can be indicator.

Dear Masoud

Is the word CONGRATULATIONS written on top of your notification letter?
If yes. you can have a chance 2 get the visa,GOD WILLING.
Good Luck

Case number: 2008AS00004xxx

Hi Everyone,

greetings,

I am a winner of Diversity program. I have two questions:
1- What is my change of getting the green card?

2- when should I mail the package to kentucky? I have heard that there is a starting date before which I cannot submit the forms! Is that right or I can send the package immediately?

Thanks,
Hamed

Good Chance

Hi Everyone,

greetings,

2- when should I mail the package to kentucky? I have heard that there is a starting date before which I cannot submit the forms! Is that right or I can send the package immediately?

Thanks,
Hamed
You have a good chance of getting the visa if you have a high school diploma/secondary school certificate.
You should fill out the forms carefully/accurately, double-check the details, make copies and send the originals back to KCC as soon as possible.
However, they will not be interviewing for dv-2008 visas until October 2007. So you have time to prepare your other documents.
Good luck:)

Hamed= March 2008

Hamed,
If you notice,gr8ideaman in this forum has 2007AF4xxx and got interviewed March 2007; so you might get interviewed March 2008.

Your interview is expected to be on March-April 2008 according to the current numbers for DV 2007 published on visa bulletins. You can check from following web address:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

If you are in US and want to have AOS (adjustment of status) then read the related articles posted here and take serious recommendations. If you are not in US and you dont need AOS, in this case fill the forms and send them to KCC as soon as possible.

Good luck..!

Hi Everyone,

greetings,

Thanks,
Hamed

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the winner and a question!

Dear winners
Congatulations and I wish success for everyone.
I am a 2008AS000003** winner too. I have a question related to DS-230 form(questions n.10 and n.11)
I don't have US address nor family nor close friend in US, so if answer N/A to those questions and dont represnt I-134 form as evidence support, is there any chance for me?
thanks inadvance

1- Can you rent a post box for address that GC can be sent to ..? Be advised that about the address you can inform consular officer during the interview.

2- Assets, your car, home, cash money, they are all evidence of support.

If you have a profession that can help you to find easily job in US, chance is getting bigger.

Good luck..!

Dear winners
Congatulations and I wish success for everyone.
I am a 2008AS000003** winner too. I have a question related to DS-230 form(questions n.10 and n.11)
I don't have US address nor family nor close friend in US, so if answer N/A to those questions and dont represnt I-134 form as evidence support, is there any chance for me?
thanks inadvance

Last edited by a moderator: