• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

will they still contact them

If the form given to them is not a pink paper with a pick up date on it, and payment for the visas were not made by 27th of September 07, then I am afraid, they lost the chance of getting the immigrant visa.

Because the FY for DV 07 ended on the 28th of Sep 07.

after verifying the WAEC results,the question is that will the embassy contact them or give them visa cos the only thing they contested was that the WAEC results was a fake & they were told the results would have to be verified.

i strongly advise that u go wth ur WAEC cert or origival copy of statement and if ur bsc cert is nt ready u can go wth d statement of result too, privuded ur result is real , u know what i mean they will accept that and expect Question like ur uni project.
success .

CASE NUM 2007AF19XXX
1ST NL JUNE 2006
2ND NL JULY 2007
INTERVIED DATE 06/SEP/2007
COLLECT VISA 14/SEP/2007.
ARRIVED NY 8/11/2007

after verifying the WAEC results,the question is that will the embassy contact them or give them visa cos the only thing they contested was that the WAEC results was a fake & they were told the results would have to be verified.

Sorry, but your cousin...got stuck in the process of the embassy verifying her WAEC result.
To also let you know that the embassy will contact her no more.
For her to get her WAEC Certificate back, she will have to contact embassy.

Sorry...

Last edited by a moderator:
how many months outside the us is acceptable

my people this america dream na wah, you can let go and can't stay back.

How long is acceptable to stay outside the united state in other to keep the green card valid, since am not the winner (but husband) i intend to stay 11month and probably visit every once in a year, is this acceptable?. and what is the penalty if i fill a form to stay more than one year......

please help out

How long is acceptable to stay outside the united state in other to keep the green card valid, since am not the winner (but husband) i intend to stay 11month and probably visit every once in a year, is this acceptable?. and what is the penalty if i fill a form to stay more than one year......

please help out

You and your Husband need to first arrive in United States before expiration of your visa which is normally 6months from the day of issuance, then you will both need to complete all your documentations here which also depends on how fast you can put things together here atimes.
Then, after that, I don't think you can travel more than a year outside United States, if you need to stay more than a year, you will need to apply for re-entrance before you leave at all.
However, take note that all these times you stay outside US will be put also into consideration when you want to or when you apply for your Citizenship.
I hope this info has helped. I know other Immigration gurus here will contribute more.
Thanks for reading.

You and your Husband need to first arrive in United States before expiration of your visa which is normally 6months from the day of issuance, then you will both need to complete all your documentations here which also depends on how fast you can put things together here atimes.
Then, after that, I don't think you can travel more than a year outside United States, if you need to stay more than a year, you will need to apply for re-entrance before you leave at all.
However, take note that all these times you stay outside US will be put also into consideration when you want to or when you apply for your Citizenship.
I hope this info has helped. I know other Immigration gurus here will contribute more.
Thanks for reading.

U ARE VERY CORRECT MAN THEY JUST VE TO ARRIVED FIRST TO GET THE GREEN CARD AND RE ENTRY STAMP. I WANT TO KNOW HW LONG IT TAKES TO GET SSN. I APPLIED FOR MINE LAST WK AND IT HAS NT YET COME I CALLED SSA. THEY SAID IT MIGHT TAKE UP TO 90 DAYS. I WANT TO KNOW IF THT IS THE WAY IT IS COS I AM JUST HERE WAITING FOR IT ALONE, I GOT A JOB BUT THEY ASKED FOR THE SSN. I STILL NEED IT BEFORE I CAN APPLY FOR A SCH.BUT I WAS TOLD AT THE TIME OF MY APPLICATION THT THEY LL MAIL MY SS CARD B4 2 WKS. MAN ITS HARD TO HEAR THS COS I CANT WAIT DOING NOTHING TILL THEN.

CASE NUM 2007AF19XXX
1ST NL JUNE 2006
2ND NL JULY 2007
ARRIVED NY 8/11/2007

U ARE VERY CORRECT MAN THEY JUST VE TO ARRIVED FIRST TO GET THE GREEN CARD AND RE ENTRY STAMP. I WANT TO KNOW HW LONG IT TAKES TO GET SSN. I APPLIED FOR MINE LAST WK AND IT HAS NT YET COME I CALLED SSA. THEY SAID IT MIGHT TAKE UP TO 90 DAYS. I WANT TO KNOW IF THT IS THE WAY IT IS COS I AM JUST HERE WAITING FOR IT ALONE, I GOT A JOB BUT THEY ASKED FOR THE SSN. I STILL NEED IT BEFORE I CAN APPLY FOR A SCH.BUT I WAS TOLD AT THE TIME OF MY APPLICATION THT THEY LL MAIL MY SS CARD B4 2 WKS. MAN ITS HARD TO HEAR THS COS I CANT WAIT DOING NOTHING TILL THEN.

CASE NUM 2007AF19XXX
1ST NL JUNE 2006
2ND NL JULY 2007
ARRIVED NY 8/11/2007

You were suppose to be given 2 sheets when you applied for your SSN, one of the sheets has your SSN, in case you were not given the two, you can go back there, they will give you the number just for some documentation, but you can not use that to work though. You will actually get the card by 2weeks, it's the green Card that takes up to 90days atimes.
How far about your Drivers' Licence? You will need the SSN to take your Learning Permit Test also.
In my case, I've got all these within these 6weeks here, i mean, God has been so faithful to me. Presently, I'm working at home. I hope this info would help you.
Thanks for reading.

It depends

please help out
This issue appears to get more complicated. In the past you could come in once a year and be fine. However, nowadays, absences more than 6 months are being frowned at, depending on the Immigration officer on duty when you arrive at the airport. Some of them will give you a warning [notice of intention to abandon permanent residency] others will not say anything. It depends on who you meet.
Best thing is to apply for a re-entry permit, which covers up to 2 years absence; you may need to be present in the US before you can apply for it.
The disadvatage of the absences is that you will not be able to accumulate the needed number of days required to be eligible for citizenship. They need you to be physically present in the US for some minimum duration
There are plenty of links on this forum that deal with life after GC that can shed some more light. I will try to dig some more.

This might help

please help out

Less Than a Year: Use Your Green Card

If you are a lawful permanent resident (immigrant) returning to the United States from a visit abroad of less than a year, you may apply for readmission by presenting your Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card") to the immigration authorities at a port of entry.

(The one-year time limitation does not apply to the spouse or child of a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, or of a civilian employee of the U.S. Government stationed abroad pursuant to official orders. In this case, the spouse or child must present the card mentioned above, not have relinquished residence, and be preceding or accompanying the member or employee, or be following to join the member or employee in the United States within four months of the return of the member or employee).

1-2 Years: Reentry Permit

If you are a lawful permanent resident or conditional permanent resident and wish to remain outside the United States for more than one year, but less than two, you require a reentry permit. A reentry permit is not required for a trip that is shorter than one year. (You should note that an absence of more than one year will break the period of continuous residence required to become a citizen, even if a reentry permit is issued -- see Application for Preservation of Residence). A Reentry Permit is also issued to lawful permanent residents who want to travel outside the United States, but cannot get a national passport from their country of nationality. A reentry permit is valid for two years and may not be extended.

An application (Form I-131, Application for Travel Document), along with the supporting documentation and fees, should be submitted while in the United States, at least 30 days prior to your proposed date of departure, to: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Northern Service Center, 100 Centennial Mall North, Room B-26, Lincoln, Nebraska 68508. If you think you may have to leave the United States before the reentry permit is received, you may have it sent to a U.S. Consulate or USCIS office overseas for pick up. There is a place on Form I-131 to furnish the information necessary to receive the reentry permit outside of the United States. However, even though you may receive the reentry permit overseas, the application must be submitted while you are still in the United States.

Application for Preservation of Residence

A Reentry Permit does not preserve residence for naturalization purposes. Form N-470 (Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes) must be filed with USCIS prior to departure from the United States. This form is for lawful permanent residents who must leave the United States for certain employment purposes and wish to preserve their immigrant status in order to pursue naturalization. Further information may be obtained from the USCIS office having jurisdiction over your place of residence in the United States.

You were suppose to be given 2 sheets when you applied for your SSN, one of the sheets has your SSN, in case you were not given the two, you can go back there, they will give you the number just for some documentation, but you can not use that to work though. You will actually get the card by 2weeks, it's the green Card that takes up to 90days atimes.
How far about your Drivers' Licence? You will need the SSN to take your Learning Permit Test also.
In my case, I've got all these within these 6weeks here, i mean, God has been so faithful to me. Presently, I'm working at home. I hope this info would help you.
Thanks for reading.

the ssn is here at last. I give Baba jah d glory. I am wishing every member of ths forum a happy thanksgiving celebration. it is good we give thanks to God and it is thanksgiving Day here in US.

CASE NUM 2007AF19XXX
1ST NL JUNE 2006
2ND NL JULY 2007
ARRIVED NY 8/11/2007

Yes happy thanksgiving to all winners in the States now.

LIZZY IT THANKSGIVING ....................... I WISH U ALL BETTER CHANCE IN UR INTERVIEW ......................... TO ALL THOSE IN 9JA WHO ARE PREPARING FOR THEIR INTERVIEW ITS IS SETTLED BELIEVE IT ALL IS WELL WTH U.

KCC Confirmation

Hello house pls am new here but first things first congrats to all the Dv2007 winners that are now in the states.am a Dv2008 winner and my question is that on ur foot notes you all write confirmation from KCC date,so i decided to write to KCc to let me know if they have recieved my package and is been processed[but am sure the package got to them becos the DHL status showed delivered wen i tracked it],but since early this month of November till now i have not gotten any reply from them since i sent KCC the email and am sure that i gave all my right datas in the email i wrote to them,or does it take that long for them to reply sure emails,or shud i just wait or write them again orcall tru their phone lines

Hello house pls am new here but first things first congrats to all the Dv2007 winners that are now in the states.am a Dv2008 winner and my question is that on ur foot notes you all write confirmation from KCC date,so i decided to write to KCc to let me know if they have recieved my package and is been processed[but am sure the package got to them becos the DHL status showed delivered wen i tracked it],but since early this month of November till now i have not gotten any reply from them since i sent KCC the email and am sure that i gave all my right datas in the email i wrote to them,or does it take that long for them to reply sure emails,or shud i just wait or write them again orcall tru their phone lines

Congrats TEMII for being among the luckiest ones out of Millions that applied for the lottery. Concerning your question, i will advice that you check this thread from begining to get the format of your letter/email to KCC, then you can email them again. Normally, it takes 7 working days for them to reply.
However, if you've got the Delivered Status from DHL as you said, I don't see any reason for you to be worried.
I hope this has helped you.
Thanks for reading and Best of Luck.

thank God

i arrived dallas safely last nyt...T'was a real long journey...i even missed my connecting flght from detriot..had 2stay at d airpot 4anoda 5hrs..i thank God hw the whole tin went...

Funny but real

hello evrybody and welcome to the great month of December for all those from naija u know what december means as par spendings. But my question to all is that since i have beening reading all the thread of this great forum from those of DV2007 till date DV2008 which am a winner,see everybody that has gone for thier interview always say they answered all the educational questions that was asked them by the consular but what if someone was asked an O`level and u dont know it will u be asked other questions,or out right No? or u tell them to ask u on ur present educational questions.