• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Can Anybody Tell Me What To Do I Need A Schoolarship Or Student Loan I Am In Ny. And Also An I.t Job, I Ve Been Suffing Tru D Net Each Day, No Result Yet.

Intervied Date 06/sep/2007
Collect Visa 14/sep/2007.
Arrived Ny 8/11/2007

Use CareerBuilder

Can Anybody Tell Me What To Do I Need A Schoolarship Or Student Loan I Am In Ny. And Also An I.t Job, I Ve Been Suffing Tru D Net Each Day, No Result Yet.

Arrived Ny 8/11/2007

You might need to sign up with CareerBuilder.com , dice.com and monster.com , they have been inviting me for interview through this sites, i'm just trying to be selective somehow and by the way, i prefer my work at home works for now, but you can go ahead and explore those sites.
I wish you best of luck.

Arrived Ny 8/11/2007
Congratulations. If you are in Brooklyn, try and make enquiries at the Brooklyn Library and at the admissions office of Brooklyn College. Also you might get some insight from the admission office of CUNY [city university of new york] Gen. Colin Powell was a graduate from there.

Tanx Man

Tanx Man I Am Doing Just Tht , But I Was Told By Someone B4 I Left Nig Tht At The Embassy Of Nig One Can Apply For Fed Govt Of Nig Schoolarship What Do U Know About Ths Pls Let Me Know Cos I Am Very Interested.

ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE BEST PLACE TO STAY AS A NEW BEGINER, WHO RELLY WANT A MODERATE LIFE, LOW COST APT,

Case Num 2007af19xxx
1st Nl June 2006
2nd Nl July 2007
Arrived Ny 8/11/2007

Stay Calm

Is There Any Stud. Of Fed Ply Oko In Ths Forum? Elect/elect Dpt .

Dear brother,
I am not from Oko, I attended Fed Poly Bauchi, HND Elect/Elect 2001. At thesame time i had some Microsoft whatsoesver, the truth is any certificate you come with from Naija doesn't really matter here, even our Phd is more or less like trash, I will advice you to locate an Evaluator in your state to evaluate your credentials , then you would know where to begin. Like the company that evaluated mine, they equivalent my credential to B.Sc Elect here but man, I am still planning to do their degree here if you really want to belong properly.
Then concerning Nigeria's Scholarship, when you were in Nigeria, how many Scholarship do you get, talk less when you are on your way of becoming another country's citizen. Don't let us deceive ourselves, forget Naija scholarship for now and concentrate to get something to start with.
Thirdly, there are so many Govt grants facilities here but to qualify, you need to have stayed for 6mth or 1yr here.
Concerning apartments, it depends on your state also, apartments here in Dallas, you can get something under $400 that's still okay but New York is a different case, just work with your budget.
Meanwhile, where are you staying presently?
Best of luck my guy. God will make a way.

that is great 4rm u

i reeally appreciate u ideas . i am in brookly N.Y .i got a job of $2500 per month i dont know if i can use it to start here in NY cos rent here is about $600. and i dont know the best school to apply wth pls can u help.

Case Num 2007af19xxx
1st Nl june 2006
2nd Nl July 2007
Arrived Ny 8/11/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
i reeally appreciate u ideas . i am in brookly N.Y .i got a job of $2500 per month i dont know if i can use it to start here in NY cos rent here is about $600. and i dont know the best school to apply wth pls can u help.

Case Num 2007af19xxx
1st Nl june 2006
2nd Nl July 2007
Arrived Ny 8/11/2007

That's a good start man, try and work with your budget, if possible you can even work for a year thereabout to have savings, then you can think of going back to school, just an advice.
Best of luck.

Case Num 2007af19xxx
1st Nl june 2006
2nd Nl July 2007
Arrived Ny 8/11/2007

is $2500 before taxes? If it is, then u are probably taking home about $1800 a month and with the high cost of living in NY,it might be hard to make a living on that. I've been to NY quite a few times, Where do u live that you pay $600 on rent?? it must be quite an apartment

is $2500 before taxes? If it is, then u are probably taking home about $1800 a month and with the high cost of living in NY,it might be hard to make a living on that. I've been to NY quite a few times, Where do u live that you pay $600 on rent?? it must be quite an apartment

Bros,
you still need to thank God, start with that and try not to despite the day of little beginning! I have not started working myself, i work at home strictly for now but what you really need to understand here is "Budgeting". Try and work with your budget, if New York is expensive for you for now, you can start finding alternative but i must confess for you, it's far easier and faster getting job there than so many other places. It's just like our lag back home.
I think we need to talk.

Bros,
you still need to thank God, start with that and try not to despite the day of little beginning! I have not started working myself, i work at home strictly for now but what you really need to understand here is "Budgeting". Try and work with your budget, if New York is expensive for you for now, you can start finding alternative but i must confess for you, it's far easier and faster getting job there than so many other places. It's just like our lag back home.
I think we need to talk.

It really depends on what kind of job that u re looking for.If you are into helthcare, there's absolutely no place in the U.S that you won't find a job, no matter how small the town is.

i'm still worried over my cousin,will she & her hubby be given a visa of DV2007 cos the embassy is still holding their certificate for verification.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm still worried over my cousin,will she & her hubby be given a visa of DV2007 cos the embassy is still holding their certificate for verification.

It depends, if the pick up slip was given to them with a date on it and payment of the visas was made before 27 of Sept, then I guess they will be given but if not, I doubt...

Johnkent

It really depends on what kind of job that u re looking for.If you are into helthcare, there's absolutely no place in the U.S that you won't find a job, no matter how small the town is.

Can one work in the health care sector with a degree in the sciences such as microbiology,biochemistry,biotechnology etc?

Can one work in the health care sector with a degree in the sciences such as microbiology,biochemistry,biotechnology etc?

yes, u could but u might have to get a masters degree here if you already have a BS from Nigeria before u can get a job.

It depends, if the pick up slip was given to them with a date on it and payment of the visas was made before 27 of Sept, then I guess they will be given but if not, I doubt...

they told them the WAEC certificate would be verified & they gave them a form,not a slip

they told them the WAEC certificate would be verified & they gave them a form,not a slip

If the form given to them is not a pink paper with a pick up date on it, and payment for the visas were not made by 27th of September 07, then I am afraid, they lost the chance of getting the immigrant visa.

Because the FY for DV 07 ended on the 28th of Sep 07.

u r too much

Bros,
I think we need to talk.

i really appriciate ur advs. it goes along way. maybe we can exchange num or better send send me private mails.
i now know tht niajia can really think about their fellow niajia.