• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Whatz up?

Dear Pastor,
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!! I really happy for you.
MamaJ, your Pix and you son is still on my Laptop's desktop, I put you in my prayer everyday, you gave me the advice that took me to Kamorass before my letter came, don't worry, God has you in HIS mind.
Just to say a very BIG THANK YOU to everybody in this Forum, particlularly this trend, I have attached my just conluded eBook as an attachment to this post, you can pick it up, it's free please. I'm planning to put it on net soonest for $47.75 but you're getting it for free from me now. If you have problem downloading it, please do let me know, you need an Acrobat Reader to download it.
Profit with it.

I saw your ebook. Hmm, good book, and well packaged. I'm also into forex too; but i've taken a break in preparation for my interview. how is your end. I guess forex is tool, every DV winner should know because it would relieve one of unnecessary job pressures when you get into the U.S.

Cheers!

hello people, thank God for this forum, it has really helped us all and am praying that his Grace will lead us through.

I have been to America and back with my family to be visiting onces in a year, fellows it was not easy with raising kids and working at the same time but we thank God for the opportunity.

THE DOCTOR WILL DO A PHYSICAL EXIMATION WHICH DOES NOT INCLUDE BREAST AND GENITAL
I DONT THINK U GO WILL GO THRU ALL THE THINGS IN THE WHITE SHHET

Thanks for the response Modest. I was curious because the medical forms require so much infomation, it is very detailed. I am happy to know that they will not examine 'everything' :D

hey

hello people, thank God for this forum, it has really helped us all and am praying that his Grace will lead us through.

I have been to America and back with my family to be visiting onces in a year, fellows it was not easy with raising kids and working at the same time but we thank God for the opportunity.

thonia, i beg for staying away for a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time, i by the power that may be vested upon me by this honourable house here demand that u give us a full gist of what happened

it is not easy to cope initially but u will cope after a while, if u have a good job in nigeria, it is ok though.

but lets learn from ur experience, so that we can benefit, pls

regards

Thanks for the response Modest. I was curious because the medical forms require so much infomation, it is very detailed. I am happy to know that they will not examine 'everything' :D

pls make sure u call the hospital in good time to book appointment, at times the medical result can take 2 weeks, though mine was 4 days

it is safer to book now and pls go to the doctor with all ur immunization records and that of your family

Hello Thonia

Welcome back to the forum. I hope the family is well.
Do be mindful of prolonged absences from the US. It seems you are back in Nigeria. Absences longer than 6 months sometimes cause queries when you apply for citizenship. Legal counsel may be in order.
All the best.

Hello Guys,

Am sorry for being out of this wonderful forum for the last 6-7months, the true of the matter is that i have a better job here and felt it should be wise to come back and pick my job, and really life in America is not easy if you did't study there, secondly with little kids under 10yrs is another things to cope with, because u can't leave them for anybody to take care of except u go every were with them.

my husband and i thought of picking up a job in the hospital after undergoing a 9 weeks program in CNA (Certified Nursing assistance) and worked for few months and discovered we are just working for the nanny who takes care of our kids (because she charges $5 per hour for a child and we have 3 of them) at the end of the day we notice our income is just for feeding, house rent and no savings.

i will resume back to complete my gist

more gist

Thonia, The full gist is really neccessary for the house so it can help in taking steps in the right direction. So try and be fast with it

Hello Guys,

Am sorry for being out of this wonderful forum for the last 6-7months, the true of the matter is that i have a better job here and felt it should be wise to come back and pick my job, and really life in America is not easy if you did't study there, secondly with little kids under 10yrs is another things to cope with, because u can't leave them for anybody to take care of except u go every were with them.

my husband and i thought of picking up a job in the hospital after undergoing a 9 weeks program in CNA (Certified Nursing assistance) and worked for few months and discovered we are just working for the nanny who takes care of our kids (because she charges $5 per hour for a child and we have 3 of them) at the end of the day we notice our income is just for feeding, house rent and no savings.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can only imagine what you've gone thru in these few months. Just hang in their maam and you'll be just fine.

pls make sure u call the hospital in good time to book appointment, at times the medical result can take 2 weeks, though mine was 4 days

it is safer to book now and pls go to the doctor with all ur immunization records and that of your family

Thanks for the advice Modest but we already made the doctor's appointment, if you look at my signature you will see it is for the 23rd (would have liked to start it this week but that is the date we were given). We both have our immunizations cards ready so now we are just awaiting the date of the appointment.

Please Calrify

Please I will like the house to help me throw more light on these issues.

I have my HND and have served since 2003.
- Do I need transcript from my School for Interview?
- Apart from my NYSC Cert and Results, what other thing do I need to show
my qualification?
- Do I need to verify my Waec? - Its is not my highest qualification

I have asked this from the forum before. I entered 1974 instead of 1975 for my Spouse date of birth. I have since (according to advice from the house) notified KCC abt this mistake attaching his Birth Cert and information page of International passport already presented at the embassy once to my NL form while submitting it.

My Question is that:
- Have you seen someone with the similar complain that passed the interview having notified KCC b4 hand? I mean, since I have notified KCC, is there an assurance that this will not stand against me on the day of judgement....oops Interview???

Thanks for being there always.

Please I will like the house to help me throw more light on these issues.

I have my HND and have served since 2003.
- Do I need transcript from my School for Interview?
- Apart from my NYSC Cert and Results, what other thing do I need to show
my qualification?
- Do I need to verify my Waec? - Its is not my highest qualification

I have asked this from the forum before. I entered 1974 instead of 1975 for my Spouse date of birth. I have since (according to advice from the house) notified KCC abt this mistake attaching his Birth Cert and information page of International passport already presented at the embassy once to my NL form while submitting it.

My Question is that:
- Have you seen someone with the similar complain that passed the interview having notified KCC b4 hand? I mean, since I have notified KCC, is there an assurance that this will not stand against me on the day of judgement....oops Interview???

Thanks for being there always.

U dont need to worry,If you have ur waec certificate,u do not need the verification,Ur HND certificate /statement of result will suffice.As for the date of birth of ur spouse,do not lose any sleep over it.The very day I had my interview ,there was this couple that had a similar case with the date of birth,but the interviewer just asked them to supply the appropriate date there and then,and they were successful too.so relax.

Hello Guys,

Thonia, I sure commend your courage. I guess it will take someone like you to make pple believe that it is not a bed of roses for many pple even if they have valid papers. I am of the opinion that pple who have really moved up in their career in Nigeria should not bother to relocate here. As Thonia said, getting jobs here commensurate with your experience back home is difficult. Child care is expensive and you can't leave the children at home alone until they are about 14yrs old unless you want wahala with the police so you go everywhere with them etc. Many don't ever recover from the dashed expectations & shock and just keep living from hand to mouth doing jobs they never would have dreamt accepting back home.

Many lawyers, acctants, MBA holders etc are working as care givers in nursing homes for a few dollars per hour in spite of many yrs of experience in their respective fields and good career back home which they left in anticipation of the American dream. Top managers resign from banks to get here to wonder why they ever did because they may never ever get up there again.

I met a Ph.D holder former head of dept of a big bank in Nigeria, who resigned to come here after winning the green card. Six mths after that decision, all she kept saying was 'America is a leveller'. She kept remembering all that she left behind because 6mths later, she was yet to start a job because all she got were very low admin jobs that would fetch next to nothing compared to the luxuries she was used to back home.

A lot of what we see or hear back home is faked success by those who come on holidays. They flaunt wealth that they probably just borrowed off their credit card and will have to spend yrs paying back. Someone told me pple 'buy' things to wear & show off and return them to the stores to get their money back as soon as they get back to the US. Someone posted some details here on the forum about naijas in america but most pple disregarded it. Those details are very true. I didn't want to post anything 'cos pple might think it was an attempt to discourage.

Pray well before you come and if possible take some leave of absence from your job if you have a good job and come and see how things are. I'm glad Thonia had a job to go back to. It's better for pple who haven't achieved much in Nigeria to live here because then, buying a car, house etc, mind you, all on credit 'shacks' them for a while before the novelty wears off and the bills start coming in and the reality hits them.

In spite of all these, I still must say if you have the courage to stick it through and God is with you, all things are possible. Just weigh things very well and pray for direction. There are still many pple here with wonderful testimonies. For some, it took weeks, others mths, some others years before they received their breakthrough. For some yet to come here, it may just be better to visit every six mths for the next 5yrs at least until you get the citizenship so as not to lose the visa.

I wish everyone the best and may God grant you the wisdom to take the right steps.

God bless everyone.

2Tee

Hello Thoniaz ,2tee
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.It sure will help those of us who are yet to take the plunge to plan.
Actually, I have always known that US is not a bed of roses. I know a sister who went there and at that time everybody thought the golden coins will start flowing in. To our greatest surprise nobody heard from her for several years. We were all so disappointed in her. However by the time she came home and frankly told her story, virtually all were at the verge of tears. We couldn’t just bear to think of the details of what she had gone thru. We all had to have a rethink there and then. Thank God though things are better, she has a govt job and has completed her studies in a local university.
Another person I know, a laboratory scientist left his job at the University of Nigeria teaching hospital Enugu only to end up as a watchman or what do they call it there.
I think it is very impt we all keep open minds; America is not a paradise. When we all understand this, we will prepare adequately to face whatever it has for us. Though it might not be easy, it is not impossible. I guess the key is to have a realistic picture in our minds, armed with that we will prepare adequately for the challenge ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Thoniaz ,2tee
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.It sure will help those of us who are yet to take the plunge to plan.
Actually, I have always known that US is not a bed of roses. I know a sister who went there and at that time everybody thought the golden coins will start flowing in. To our greatest surprise nobody heard from her for several years. We were all so disappointed in her. However by the time she came home and frankly told her story, virtually all were at the verge of tears. We couldn’t just bear to think of the details of what she had gone thru. We all had to have a rethink there and then. Thank God though things are better, she has a govt job and has completed her studies in a local university.
Another person I know, a laboratory scientist left his job at the University of Nigeria teaching hospital Enugu only to end up as a watchman or what do they call it there.
I think it is very impt we all keep open minds; America is not a paradise. When we all understand this, we will prepare adequately to face whatever it has for us. Though it might not be easy, it is not impossible. I guess the key is to have a realistic picture in our minds, armed with that we will prepare adequately for the challenge ahead.

Watchman- secrity guard.
You can't be prepared to come to America if you haven't been here before. There's no way to explain it to folks until they get here and see wussup. I kinda had it easy as i got here at a relatively young age, had my family over here, graduated from college and have a very good paying job for my age. anyway, just have an open mind and u'll achieve whatever ur goal is if you put ur mind to it.PEACE

Your Profession

Watchman- secrity guard.
You can't be prepared to come to America if you haven't been here before. There's no way to explain it to folks until they get here and see wussup. I kinda had it easy as i got here at a relatively young age, had my family over here, graduated from college and have a very good paying job for my age. anyway, just have an open mind and u'll achieve whatever ur goal is if you put ur mind to it.PEACE

Johnkent what is your profession?