• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

am happy for you

Just to let you all know that we received our visas yesterday.
Thanks you all for your kind thoughts and wishes.

GOD bless you all.
Am happy for you jrcies that you made it . you have really put smile on peoples face and now God also put smile on your face too.You are what the bible says like Job .he became rich when he prayed for his friends .
see you for yankee where you will be come more great

Just to let you all know that we received our visas yesterday.
Thanks you all for your kind thoughts and wishes.

GOD bless you all.
Congratulations!!!! You've brought joy and happiness into a lot of homes thru this forum. May GOD continue to favor you. Amen.

It was indeed a great fit for jyries for the initiative and am glad God crowned your effort.

Kudos to everyone contributing to enlighten winners.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My advise to winners that have gotten Visa and are graduate, please get started with a process of evaluationg your credentials/certificates i.e, apply for your academic transcript to be forwarded to foreign academic evaluation agencies in the US( there are lots of them e.g http://www.facsusa.com/). there are many more u can search on google. They will evaluate your certificate and grade it to US equivalent in terms of Credit hours earned.then the certifcate becomes recognised.

Please dont ever believe what people say that Nigerian Certifcates are not recognised ooooo. its a lie. most people dont have the legal documents, original SSN to work so they can't put up their certificated in the first place if they have.

The job might not come immediately, but it will usually come! for me I think with God favour, Luck and confidence ave been able to get a regular Job with a Nigerian Certificate. "No string attached, No connections!!!!!!. just believe in your God and have confidence at interviews.

Praise God. There are opportunity in America, if you are a "Legal".

God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

visa collected 25/05/07
POE:)6/11/07.
SSN/Green card collected.
Resumed on an Accounting Position 09/14/07.
Thanks for this information. I'm an accounting graduate too with 6 years banking experience. How can I reach you on phone or online?

Hey guys I have a query.

We collected our package from the embassy on Friday (have not received the one sent by post yet). While going through the medical forms on the weekend I noticed that it is very detailed.

I was surprised to see info required for genitals and breasts etc.:eek::eek: I know we all have to do HIV, TB tests etc, but do they actually examine your genitals and breasts? Did you guys have to go through that?

It all just seems like cattle being examined at a auction or something.

Hey guys I have a query.

We collected our package from the embassy on Friday (have not received the one sent by post yet). While going through the medical forms on the weekend I noticed that it is very detailed.

I was surprised to see info required for genitals and breasts etc.:eek::eek: I know we all have to do HIV, TB tests etc, but do they actually examine your genitals and breasts? Did you guys have to go through that?

It all just seems like cattle being examined at a auction or something.

Over here, blood sample was taken for analysis.
Xray taken and Hypertertis B Vaccine taken, that is all, no genitals and breast ...:p

Last edited by a moderator:
can i include my spouse now

my CN will come by April or May,but i'm getting married by Dec. can change my status by then,hope it will not jeopadise my chances,i av proofs we've been 2geda 4 6yrs.

Holy Jesus

@ modest, johnkent

about the accent thing... na wah how some people de amuse people say dem wan speak phoneee. there was this guy on the day of my interview who obviously wasnt a regular user of the english language, talk more of having an american accent.. but when he was called on for his interview, nah so d bobo begin yarn all d wanna wanna wey no even dey book.. i n the other guys sitted around me could hardly hold back a wide grin, only short of laughter. coz he actually sounded like a comedian putting up an act. anywayz i dont think i have a thick accent coz i've spoken only english all my life. growing up, unfortunately i wasnt oppurtuned to learn my language. but it got to a stage where it was almost embarrasing that i couldnt speak, so i started to learn it n now i understand it perfectly n can speak it almost good enough, but still i hardly converse in it ,except when i go to my hometown. so the point is this, i was never affected by the usual mother tongue related accents we hear all over the place, and thanks to good schools, i think my english isnt terrible..., but i go try no add too much wanna men! wanna men!... the thing with english sef be say dem no dey sabi am finish, so we'll keep learning

MY DEAR UR IDEA ABOUT WEB DESIGN IS GOOD
BUT I WILL ALSO ADVICE THAT U GET UR CREDITS TRANSFERED, JUST IN CASE U WILL NEED THEM
WES WILL DO THE EVALUATION FOR $160

THANK U ME BROTHER, ME AND ME FAMILY DEY PON TOP A TING, EVERYTHING ALRIGHT WI CYAAN COMPLAIN

YOU SEE WANNA WANNA IS A FORM OF PIGIN ENGLISH, IT IS NOT PURE ENGLISH, AND IF U TAKE A GOOD OBSERVATION IT VERY COMMON AMONG THE BLACKS, THE WHITE DONT SPEAK IT. THE THICK ACCENT DOES NOT HAVE TO DO WITH PHONNE, IT IS THE WAY U PRONOUNCE AND THE COARSENESS IN UR VOICE, U KNOW THE OYINBOS ALMOST TALK WITH THEIR TEETH.
BUT THERE IS NO RUSH, U WILL GET USE TO THE SYSTEM, I GONNA NO BE ENCLISH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Congrats

Typical me, always late like my CN:)

CONGRATZ ON UR VIS
PLS U WILL HAVE TO DROP THE TYPICAL U (LATENESS) IN NIGERIA AS U GO TO MD.

TAKE A NEW U, THE ELEGANT, SWEET, BEAUTIFUL AND TIME CONSCIOUS
AMERICAN:D

BEST OF LUCK, I BEG REMEMBER TO TAKE EGUSI WITH U

Yes

my CN will come by April or May,but i'm getting married by Dec. can change my status by then,hope it will not jeopadise my chances,i av proofs we've been 2geda 4 6yrs.

U CAN INCLUDE UR SPOUSE,
PLS READ THRU THE THREAD OF 2007 0R 2008 FOR DETAILS

On A Lighter Mood

So you wanna have a baby...
Here's a little FAQ to help you out!

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q: How will I know if my vomiting is morning sickness or the flu?
A: If it's the flu, you'll get better.

Q: What is the most common pregnancy craving?
A: For men to be the ones who get pregnant.

Q: What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
A: Childbirth.

Q: The more pregnant I get, the more often strangers smile at me. Why?
A: 'Cause you're fatter than they are.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.
A: So what's your question?

Q: What's the difference between a nine-month pregnant woman and a model?
A: Nothing (if the pregnant woman's husband knows what's good for him).

Q: How long is the average woman in labor?
A: Whatever she says divided by two.

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?
A: Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?
A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: What does it mean when a baby is born with teeth?
A: It means that the baby's mother may want to rethink her plans to nurse.

Q: What is the best time to wean the baby from nursing?
A: When you see teeth marks.

Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
A: When the kids are in college.

SCORE
0-4
You are made for childrearing! Give up your day job and mind the neighborhood kids as well, just for fun!

5-9
You are demonstrating definite signs of the so called "nesting instinct". You may even be starting to look positively homely and be wearing fluffy slippers.

10-14
You are relatively normal, but may be entering the danger zone of cluckiness. Snap out of it before it's too late. Spend some time at a day care center for a reality check.

15-17
Congratulations! You have both feet firmly on the ground and are well aware of the dangerous pitfalls of childrearing!

Hi Hopes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Those of us who have high CN need your encouragement and prayers in order to make it to the US cos it is fraustrating to win the lottery and later not being current. For myself, I derive encouragement from jcries who from my research happened to be among the last set that got their visa. Please I want to read some words of encouragement from you guys.

Oga Modest I like your Jamaican patua. Jah Bless. Yea man

Baba Aladura you have abandoned your people oooo. what is happening? you left us in the cold. please come around and make your presence felt againoooo

Hi every one please lets encourage our less privillaged partners who dont have access to internet so that they can be informed about the dv program. It is good to pass Information to any body who you come accross that the 2009 dv program is on now so that people will be aware and apply online. Also since we sort of know the rules, we will endeavor to guide them in filling the online forms so that if they eventually win, their chances of getting visa will not be hampered by the mistake they made while applying. For example, the issue of Full names, Spelling, Date of birth, Place of birth and other minor issues, that some people, especially, we Africans neglect. Thanx and have a nice day.
KCC Recieved: 10th May 2007
2nd Package: Next Year By the Grace of God

Hi Hopes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Those of us who have high CN need your encouragement and prayers in order to make it to the US cos it is fraustrating to win the lottery and later not being current. For myself, I derive encouragement from jcries who from my research happened to be among the last set that got their visa. Please I want to read some words of encouragement from you guys.

Oga Modest I like your Jamaican patua. Jah Bless. Yea man

yah jah bless his people
jah rasta fari