• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Thanks

Modest,
I must point out that issues of sponsorship are taken seriously as they represent contractual agreements, not merely between the individuals but far more importantly between the state and the sponsor. The issue of sponsorship is simply a form of risk transference from the state to the sponsor. This process simply relieves the state from its responsibilities upon an individual since the sponsor stood in as a guarantor of the sponsored individual. In fact the sponsored individual has rights to litigate against a sponsor if the former does not live up to his/her commitment. I state this to inform you that choosing a sponsor should not be taken lightly. But in answer to your question. Yes it is possible for one person to sponsor multiple immigrants, if he/she can prove that their income can sustain that position.

Thank you so much, i will make use of the important information

Pls house, I need a solution to this puzzle,

My cousin's number is current by april and her sponsoe just called to inform her that he had sponsored his friend in 2006, his friend's work permit is ready but his green card is not, so he may not be able to be her sponsor any more,
she wrote to kcc and they replied by telling she could still change her sponsor.
She on the other hand will wish to retain the sponsor, so she wrote to kcc to find out if one person can sponsor two people in a space of six months, they sent this message to her
(Please visit the web site at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf to check the requirements of I864 and eligibility of your sponsor.)
she read and sent to me because she didn't understand, but trust me, I could not decode the whole gramar.

Please the simple question is Can one person be sponsor for two people in a space of six months?
pls i need a response pls

Hi MODEST,
A person can sponsor more than one person. What really matters is if the sponsors income is above the prescribed poverty guidelines. My suggesstion is that u can go ahead and ask the sponsor to fill-out the I-134 form with information on the additional 'dependant'.

My experience is that most people are reluctant in doing this. Having an additional sponsor will indeed add some comfort.

Is your cousin married anyway? if not, I-134 will not be to crtitical.

Jerci

How are you and how is life with you.Quite a long time I have been outof the country am presently in europe.
Check your private mail for my numnber.
I pray the cut off rise to 19,000 this month
Amen

This all u need

Hi Mauriceeta,
Many congrats on your successful interview. We give God the glory. A few questions:
* Did you present any Affidavit of Support and the relevant supporting documents.
* Did you do your finger printing.
* Did you present any bank statement.
* Can one complete medicals within a week (for those outside Lagos).

Once again well done.

Dear Ubus,

• 1.Yes I presented the affidavit of support, it was actually demanded from me and i beleive you really need it.
    2. Yes i even did the finger print with my wife before my actual interview.
    3. No , I beleive that the affidavit of support covers the bank statement.So the bank statement was not needed.
    4. The medical will take atleast two weeks before completion it also depends when you received the 2nd package. so always confirm the status of your case no. becos i have heard of cases where they never receive any letter until after the interview, u should know our nipost system is not that effective.

Thanks once again and to every one i say you all will also come back from your various interview smiling in Jesus name Amen.

Modest,
I must point out that issues of sponsorship are taken seriously as they represent contractual agreements, not merely between the individuals but far more importantly between the state and the sponsor. The issue of sponsorship is simply a form of risk transference from the state to the sponsor. This process simply relieves the state from its responsibilities upon an individual since the sponsor stood in as a guarantor of the sponsored individual. In fact the sponsored individual has rights to litigate against a sponsor if the former does not live up to his/her commitment. I state this to inform you that choosing a sponsor should not be taken lightly. But in answer to your question. Yes it is possible for one person to sponsor multiple immigrants, if he/she can prove that their income can sustain that position.

LiveForum et al,
The I-134 is not a legally binding document on like I-864, so this does not make a sponsor liable for any act of omission or commision committed by a sponsor or dependant.Additionally, even with a I-134 u are still entitled to the appropraite government benefits where applicable.

Hi All!
Pls I'd like all DV 2007 winners from Nigeria to meet here,so that we can rub minds together as to how to go about processing our case until we receive the VISA.

Thanks,

Any time i see this i thank God for making me a part of this house.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerci

How are you and how is life with you.Quite a long time I have been outof the country am presently in europe.
Check your private mail for my numnber.
I pray the cut off rise to 19,000 this month
Amen

Hi Tunde,

Pls you dont need to write your case number in full for security reason.Pls beware.Thanks

Hi Houx

Hi houx,
I am happy to be here again.
Hello everybody in da houx - Those who has received their Visa and to all of US who are still looking ahead for our case to be current especially those of US with the highest no. like AF28000 upward.
I'm very sorry to bring the houx back again to old debate, Please, is it really important for Single person to look for support in USA? Or I should put it this way does it really matter if single person look for support here in Nigeria or must it be over there?
Have a nice weekend and a better, promising week ahead.:)

Thanks

Hi MODEST,
A person can sponsor more than one person. What really matters is if the sponsors income is above the prescribed poverty guidelines. My suggesstion is that u can go ahead and ask the sponsor to fill-out the I-134 form with information on the additional 'dependant'.

My experience is that most people are reluctant in doing this. Having an additional sponsor will indeed add some comfort.

Is your cousin married anyway? if not, I-134 will not be to crtitical.

She is married, and as a matter of fact, I have asked her to go back and shop for another sponsor

regards

Thank you all

Thank you all for all the responses, I really appreciate them.

Thank God that Tunde 1001 is around, i hope the change of was quite easy, and you are eating a lot of fresh vegetables in your new zone.

I really thank God for this forum, it is Gods blessing.

regards

Answer to McBen's queston

McBen,

The affidavit of support is only required for married couples.Infact a friend of mine who won Dv2006 as a single never requires it before his Visa was granted.

Best of Luck.

Hi houx,
I am happy to be here again.
Hello everybody in da houx - Those who has received their Visa and to all of US who are still looking ahead for our case to be current especially those of US with the highest no. like AF28000 upward.
I'm very sorry to bring the houx back again to old debate, Please, is it really important for Single person to look for support in USA? Or I should put it this way does it really matter if single person look for support here in Nigeria or must it be over there?
Have a nice weekend and a better, promising week ahead.:)

Not Applicable to singles, its just for married applicants.

LiveForum et al,
The I-134 is not a legally binding document on like I-864, so this does not make a sponsor liable for any act of omission or commision committed by a sponsor or dependant.Additionally, even with a I-134 u are still entitled to the appropraite government benefits where applicable.

Hi Guys!
Happy New Month to you all and congrats once again to everyone current in this new month, my sincere prayer is that The Lord's favour will follow you all. Relax! things gonna be alright.
I'm so sorry for my silence for a while, I actually went for a training, you know I have to start preparing myself seriously for the trip. The training was on Online Marketing Business!
Less I forgot! an uncle came around last week from the state and i interviewed him base on my internet interest about the awareness of it over there and he actually comfirmed it. You see, we are going to the States not to get involve in their hard work stuff of one kind rough job, so please i'm begging anyone in this Forum that doesn't have knowledge of Computer or Internet yet to please enrol for one, get yourself trained. I tell you, you might get there and decide that you want to work at home, and of course which are real, so, please i will post more on this point. If you need a personal guide in some of this stuff, please feel free to email me or post it here, i will reply.
And finally I have this question as per the Sponsor forms, this gets me somehow confused, is our Sponsor going to fill I-134 or I-864?
thanks

Our Daddy our God, we just want to thank you for yet another success story, i know for sure that you are with us in this Forum for real, thank you for we know you will not allow any of us to record failure in Jesus name Amen.

Congratulations thonia2, My God will perfect the rest, See you in America soon.

Hello My people, this Friday (16th) is our Fasting friday. Abi? pls let's try and observe it. God bless us all.

DV 2007 -Nigeria
Case Number: 2007AF00005XXX
NL Received: April 06.
Sent Back To KCC: May 2006.
Confirmed Interview Date: 21/12/2006
2nd Package: 9th Nov. 2006
Interview Successful: 21/12/2006
Pick Up Date: 23/1/2007 (Rather A Slip Was Given For Fingerprint)
Schedule Fingerprint Appointment: 26th Jan 2006 (Embassy Not Opened)
Re-Schedule Appointment: 2/2/2007
Received A Call To Pick Up: 5th Feb 2007
Picked Up For Real: 7/2/2007
LEFT NIGERIA: 2/03/2007
ARRIVED USA (POE):3/3/2007 (San Fransico)

The journey so far have not been easy, but we thank God of granting my family and I journey
mercies, The flight was quite a long one, altogether we spent about 19hours in getting to the states, (8hours Lagos-amsterdam, amsterdam - san fransico 11hours)
we an additional 2hours drive from the airport to the house (california).

good to hear from u

DV 2007 -Nigeria

The journey so far have not been easy, but we thank God of granting my family and I journey
mercies, The flight was quite a long one, altogether we spent about 19hours in getting to the states, (8hours Lagos-amsterdam, amsterdam - san fransico 11hours)

hey thonia,
good to hear from you, this is nice, california has a good weather condition, so u may not have to complain about winter and snow.
hope u are settling down fast
remain blessed

Hello Thonia2

Hi Thonia,
Its good to hear from you again.Im glad ur dream has been realised.I pray that the lord God will make ur stay there in California a prosperous one.You shall never for any reason regret relocating to America.

Pls do remember us in your prayers and dont forget to intimate us with the job,Housing and Economic situation there so that we will know how to prepare.

Take care and God Bless.

DV 2007 -Nigeria

Thonia,
I really happy 4 u o, and congrats once again. how's the cold? hope not 2 much?
take care.

Congrats Thonia

DV 2007 -Nigeria

Congratulations Thonia2,
This is sweettttttttt to the ears and to all my fellars in da house, i hail u ohhhh. am still here just chilling and waiting for next week.:D

it will be positive

Congratulations Thonia2,
This is sweettttttttt to the ears and to all my fellars in da house, i hail u ohhhh. am still here just chilling and waiting for next week.:D

see my sister, u just dey my mind, am waiting anxiously, and praying so hard