• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

need ur help on waec

hi everyone.
i am back with waec issue. i have my waec certificate but the issue is my first name was shorten my name is oluwaseun but it was written as seun so that it could accommodate my surname and my middle name cos my middle couldnt be shorten. it has never been an issue cos everybody knows that seun and oluwaseun are the same name. but this lottery thing i heard u could be disqualified for such. so what can i do? i really need ur help urgently.

FAL_DV2007 said:
Guys,

The scriptures says in Prov. 21:1 that "The King's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever he wishes". Can we declare the 3rd Friday of everymonth a day to fast and pray on the rank number. Our prayer point will be that the Lord will hasten it for Nigeria in particular and Africa such that we all get early interview opportunities.

I think we should go beyond sitting and watching, we should change things on our knees. This is a matter we should bring to God everyday in our prayers and cap it up with the fast on every third friday of the month. For those that go to the Holy Ghost Night at the Redemption camp and other programs at other churches, it is a prayer point we should put at God's alter

I believe that with God nothing is impossible. 2007 will be a year of praise and wonders for all of us in Jesus name. Amen! God bless.

2007AF17***
Awaiting rank number to become current
ok by me too

MamaJ said:
Hi 2Tee,

After the Interview, do they keep the photocopies of the document you submit or they give everything back to you?

Secondly for kids, do they also run the blood test for children or just for the adults?

Finally how much do u think my sponsor shd have in his account to be considered okay for sponsorship?

Thank you

Hi MamaJ,

1. Photocopies are kept and originals returned to you.

2. Children under 14 (if I remember very well) don't do blood tests. They only
take vaccinations.

3. I think the sponsor's income level is more important than his/her bank
statement. WLD could be of better assistance here.

2Tee

pls somebody help

hi everyone.
i am back with waec issue. i have my waec certificate but the issue is my first name was shorten my name is oluwaseun but it was written as seun so that it could accommodate my surname and my middle name cos my middle couldnt be shorten. it has never been an issue cos everybody knows that seun and oluwaseun are the same name. but this lottery thing i heard u could be disqualified for such. so what can i do? i really need ur help urgently.

2Tee said:
Hi MamaJ,

1. Photocopies are kept and originals returned to you.

2. Children under 14 (if I remember very well) don't do blood tests. They only
take vaccinations.

3. I think the sponsor's income level is more important than his/her bank
statement. WLD could be of better assistance here.

2Tee

Thank you 2Tee

wld said:
Hi Adey,

Is ISMAIL/A your first name or middle name? If it is your first name, then i dont have any solution for you but if it is your middle name, i will suggest the following:

1) that you stick to the name you used for the DV. You can go National Population Commission (NPC) to obtain attestation of birth using the names you used for DV. To do that you will need one of your parents to swear on oath (sworn declaration of age) at any high court in your location. (The format i can send to you box if you want or go to this site for a template: http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/birth-certificate.html) This will cost you about 3K.

Doing this will handle the issue on the birth cert.

2) Swear an affidavit ( using your the names on your DV) that you are the owner of the said original certificate quoting the centre, candidate no, certicate no, the date of the exam (The format i can send to you box if you want). Take this affidavit with the original waec result/notification slip to WAEC for result confirmation. This will cost you 5k.

This action will mitigate the issue on your waec result.

I had to get an attestation of birth from NPC because i never had one but my wife's had a mutilated birth certficate and an expert in NPC advised us to discard her birth cert and get an attestation of birth which is among of the prefarable documents in proving your date of birth.

I also had issue on my waec cert. My middle name is Olatunbosun. But during the exam registration if i can remember, the name was shorten for lack of space to "Tunbosun". In your own case, what is missing is just a letter, but in own case 3 letters, so you can imagine.

You dont have to fear once you have a sworn affidavit for the cert and the organisation that issued the cert confirms it against the names on your DV.

You can clarify these with a lawyer.

Best of luck

WLD

baba agba
I feel WLD's reply to Adey answers your concern.

FAL_DV2007 said:
Guys,

The scriptures says in Prov. 21:1 that "The King's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever he wishes". Can we declare the 3rd Friday of everymonth a day to fast and pray on the rank number. Our prayer point will be that the Lord will hasten it for Nigeria in particular and Africa such that we all get early interview opportunities.

I think we should go beyond sitting and watching, we should change things on our knees. This is a matter we should bring to God everyday in our prayers and cap it up with the fast on every third friday of the month. For those that go to the Holy Ghost Night at the Redemption camp and other programs at other churches, it is a prayer point we should put at God's alter

I believe that with God nothing is impossible. 2007 will be a year of praise and wonders for all of us in Jesus name. Amen! God bless.

2007AF17***
Awaiting rank number to become current

Supported

Police character

Do anyone has information about Police character? Price and appropriate process because of tout loiterring around such places and others. Got one before but is expired and not sure that was genuine

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk into the state CID enquiry room at Alagbon Close and make your enquiry.There is no harm in doing that.

My grand mother did hers last week, base on what Temi told me,she paid =N=3000

happy newyear

happy new year 2all...dis year shall b a very wonderful one 4us in jesus name..its strictly goin 2b good news 4us all in dis forum in jesus name(Amen).
good 2b back;0

February bullentin

My Friends, the bullentin for feb is out. Good jump for Africa and Nigeria welllllllllll i would say. I pray we'll jump by 4000 at the next bullentin orrrrrrrrrrrrr we won't be given an exception :D

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 15,250 Except:
Ethiopia 13,300
Nigeria 9,125

ASIA 4,450
EUROPE 13,175 Except:
Ukraine 10,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 700
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,010

February Bulletin

My friends, the bullentin for Feb is out. Good jump for Africa and Nigeria :rolleyes: welllllllllllllllllllllllll i hope Nigeria will jump by 4000 at the next bulletin orrrrrrrrrrrrrr we won't be an exception :D

AFRICA 15,250 Except:
Ethiopia 13,300
Nigeria 9,125

ASIA 4,450
EUROPE 13,175 Except:
Ukraine 10,400
OCEANIA 700

I said it

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides a maximum of up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit immigration opportunities for persons from countries other than the principal sources of current immigration to the United States. The Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) passed by Congress in November 1997 stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This reduction has resulted in the DV-2007 annual limit being reduced to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows.

AFRICA 11,850 Except:
Ethiopia
Nigeria

For March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows.

AFRICA 15,250 Except:
Ethiopia 13,300
Nigeria 9,125

I told you my good people that my God is able to do, can you imagine this wonderful Jump, its just the begining, let us be more prayerful for another fantastic Jump next month, say by 2,500 upward, let us be hopeful and more importantly keep the hope alive, WE SHALL ALL LAUGH LAST :D . God is able. see you when we get there.

Last edited by a moderator:
MamaJ said:
My friends, the bullentin for Feb is out. Good jump for Africa and Nigeria :rolleyes: welllllllllllllllllllllllll i hope Nigeria will jump by 4000 at the next bulletin orrrrrrrrrrrrrr we won't be an exception :D

AFRICA 15,250 Except:
Ethiopia 13,300
Nigeria 9,125

ASIA 4,450
EUROPE 13,175 Except:
Ukraine 10,400
OCEANIA 700

Mama J,
See wetin dey happen here oooooo...Our GOD is on the throne.
No exception for Nigeria in the next one...? would be wonderful :p

MamaJ said:

AFRICA 15,250 Except:
Ethiopia 13,300
Nigeria 9,125

ASIA 4,450
EUROPE 13,175 Except:
Ukraine 10,400
OCEANIA 700

You see wetin I see here MamaJ ?? the lord is on the throne...you see wetin we been dey talk since...??
Good news for all of us with high numbers,exception for Nigeria next month would be waoooo!!! :p

Good luck to us all

adebayo said:
B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides a maximum of up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit immigration opportunities for persons from countries other than the principal sources of current immigration to the United States. The Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) passed by Congress in November 1997 stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This reduction has resulted in the DV-2007 annual limit being reduced to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows.

AFRICA 11,850 Except:
Ethiopia
Nigeria

For March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows.

AFRICA 15,250 Except:
Ethiopia 13,300
Nigeria 9,125

I told you my good people that my God is able to do, can you imagine this wonderful Jump, its just the begining, let us be more prayerful for another fantastic Jump next month, say by 2,500 upward, let us be hopeful and more importantly keep the hope alive, WE SHALL ALL LAUGH LAST :D . God is able. see you when we get there.

I agree with you my pastor.What do you think will happen when we start our 3 Friday fasting...I am very sure the windows of heaven will open to....
Moreso, for some months now Egypt and Ethiopia has been exempted...I am sure Nigeria's turn is on the way...

Let keep the prayers going to BABA...

This is great

Guys!
I join una to agree say Baba still dey for throne. No be God, Abegi, Na HIM o biko. I'm really happy to see this.
Best luck to as many that are current in the new bulettin.